Page 2791 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 1791229126912741278127862789279027912792279327962801284128913291 ... LastLast
Results 55,801 to 55,820 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Blog Entries
    Knowing Nuclear Consensus, he means Jack The Stripper. I have seen him referring to her like that more than several times, so no reference to Ilya.

The only good Jack The Ripper is strange/fake one, I don't blame him for disdaining Apocrypha one.
    Last edited by Kat; February 1st, 2015 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shikyo21 View Post
    With stories like Fate Revelation Online and Log Horizon, I wonder how the mundane people are taught about Thaumaturgy. I can't help but imagine the teachers getting a massive headache having to deal a sudden influx of newcomers and to explain the lore and know-how so that everybody won't kill themselves in the process or still believing that their current situation is like the web-novels they read about being trapped in the wizarding world.

Typically speaking, magecraft (or rather Mana in my opinion, since that is what fuels the magecraft) is a limited resource, so few are taught outside the family. For newcomers who awaken their circuits somehow, I imagine that it's either self-taught or Kiritsurugu-like in that they adopt them to teach them. Because of the system of the Mage's Association, it's fairly easy to assume that only the wealthy magus who attend there are the ones who can afford or receive proper education, but the beauty of fanfic is you can shuffle these details around.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    The only good Jack The Ripper is strange/fake one, I don't blame him for disdaining Apocrypha one.
    Apoc Jack isn't that bad. Her origin is kind of interesting, and she's written alright for who she is, I think.

Her design on the other hand, is absolutely awful.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; February 1st, 2015 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twi View Post
    Typically speaking, magecraft (or rather Mana in my opinion, since that is what fuels the magecraft) is a limited resource, so few are taught outside the family.
    The limit to mana in the Nasuverse is impressively high (HF's cavern can fuel an entire Excalibur blast, and it will regenerate over time). It's just harder to work with than proper Magus od generated by circuits and usually requires you go through the dumb formalcraft rituals.

Revealing magecraft to people at large in the Nasuverse is faced with the essential problem that, by that very action, you kill magecraft stone dead. If too many people try to draw on the same mystery, it becomes powerless. This is much of the reason for the Association's existence and its rule of secrecy.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    The limit to mana in the Nasuverse is impressively high (HF's cavern can fuel an entire Excalibur blast, and it will regenerate over time). It's just harder to work with than proper Magus od generated by circuits and usually requires you go through the dumb formalcraft rituals.

Revealing magecraft to people at large in the Nasuverse is faced with the essential problem that, by that very action, you kill magecraft stone dead. If too many people try to draw on the same mystery, it becomes powerless. This is much of the reason for the Association's existence and its rule of secrecy.
    That's the canon reason, but I just have a differing opinion based off a more (in my personal opinion) logical post about magecraft degradation and the founding of the Association made over on the Fate Revelation Section of The Fanfiction Forum.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Blog Entries
    oh no...
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Le logic

Blog Entries
    Why won't you write to Type-Moon to hire you if you think you offer better answer than the author himself?

That's the canon reason, but I just have a differing opinion based off a more (in my personal opinion) logical post about magecraft degradation and the founding of the Association made over on the Fate Revelation Section of The Fanfiction Forum.
    .........I ........what?

Why is that any more logical?
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    That's the canon reason, but I just have a differing opinion
    I'm not sure you understand what the words "canon" and "opinion" are.

daniel hates the secrecy aspect of Fate so y'know.

Blog Entries
    Fanon theories should not be taken seriously, especially if the author of said theory has a superiority complex toward the original work.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Hence why I said my personal opinion. I don't expect others to share the same opinion, nor am I forcing it on anyone.

@ratsrub: It wasn't daniel who came up with it. It was another fan, I just like the way it meshes into his world.
    Last edited by Twi; February 1st, 2015 at 03:21 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    How magecraft works in Nasuverse is a factual statement. You can't have an opinion on how it works. That's like saying "I have this opinion that the Holocaust didn't happen." That's not an opinion, that's being factually wrong.

You can have an opinion that "How magecraft works in Nasuverse is stupid" sure, but you can't have an opinion that "Magecraft in Nasuverse works like [insert erroneous statement here]."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    How magecraft works in Nasuverse is a factual statement. You can't have an opinion on how it works. That's like saying "I have this opinion that the Holocaust didn't happen." That's not an opinion, that's being factually wrong.

You can have an opinion that "How magecraft works in Nasuverse is stupid" sure, but you can't have an opinion that "Magecraft in Nasuverse works like [insert erroneous statement here]."
    http://www.tehrantimes.com/arts-and-...the-holocaust-
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    That's a surprisingly dispassionate article, given the highly charged subject matter and the site's mission statement of "exporting the ideas of the revolution" and being "a loud voice of the Islamic Revolution".
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post

.... Okay. You're right. That's settled. Let's drop it.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hassan doesn't get his arm cut down by Saber and manages to successfully use Delusional Heartbeat on her and eats her heart hoping to get stronger

What he didn't expect was the Dragon Engine overpowering his will and he is slowly and painfully becoming a saberclone.

It climaxes in the skull mask crumbling away revealing Saber's face

A Saber Assassin.... does she get Carnwennan?

Blog Entries
    A Saber Assassin.... does she get Carnwennan?
    The only places I've seen this done have been terrible fanfics or fanfics that had potential that are on hiatus.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT