Results 66,821 to 66,839 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    I know, I'm trying to add stuff

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Isn't that basically the plot of FGO part 1? MarsBar and Solomon won the 4th, erased all evidence of it, started Chaldea and ended up magical doomsday prepers.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    I did not realize that.

Blog Entries
    Had an idea for a Grand Order-like fic, except I wanted the leads to be a smaller ragtag group fighting against a much larger Chaldea-sized organisation, rather than part of Chaldea themselves

Instead of Singularities or Lostbelts, my idea is it would revolve around 'Prophections' (a mashup of Prophecy, Prediction, Fiction, and Perfection). Prophections are crystallised visions of future eras, be they calculated probabilities or mystical mumblings that caught on. Keyword there is 'visions', being merely predicted futures and not (yet) the actual future, so travelling to a Prophection is more like entering one big Reality Marble and is technically not time travel

The story starts with the protagonist discovering that the world they knew has been a Prophection all along, and that their divorced parents were both Agents of Concussa. Concussa is a Servant-summoning organisation on the surface dedicated to safeguarding the future, but whose real purpose is to go around destroying Prophections to ensure the future they want can be the only future

The protagonist thus tries to fight against Concussa through swiping a device from their father that lets them hack into Concussa's Servant summoning system... albeit much more haphazardly than for Concussa's own agents

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Which Servant would be the Mash of this Tale or does this Tale would the protagonist turn into a Pseudo-Servant

Blog Entries
    My current plan is for my Rider Yoshitsugu Otani to fill that role (with both Orlando and Octobriana showing up to help explain the situation), though I wouldn't say this has been solidified yet

Working title right now is Fate/No Future

Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Had an idea for a Grand Order-like fic, except I wanted the leads to be a smaller ragtag group fighting against a much larger Chaldea-sized organisation, rather than part of Chaldea themselves

Instead of Singularities or Lostbelts, my idea is it would revolve around 'Prophections' (a mashup of Prophecy, Prediction, Fiction, and Perfection). Prophections are crystallised visions of future eras, be they calculated probabilities or mystical mumblings that caught on. Keyword there is 'visions', being merely predicted futures and not (yet) the actual future, so travelling to a Prophection is more like entering one big Reality Marble and is technically not time travel

The story starts with the protagonist discovering that the world they knew has been a Prophection all along, and that their divorced parents were both Agents of Concussa. Concussa is a Servant-summoning organisation on the surface dedicated to safeguarding the future, but whose real purpose is to go around destroying Prophections to ensure the future they want can be the only future

The protagonist thus tries to fight against Concussa through swiping a device from their father that lets them hack into Concussa's Servant summoning system... albeit much more haphazardly than for Concussa's own agents
    Love this idea! A FGO-style story about false futures perfectly complements the ideas of Singularities (corrupted pasts) and Lostbelts (alternate presents).

Do you have any specific Prophections nailed down yet? Because I've been thinking about the original concept of Epcot and I feel like that would be a great setting for a Prophection.

Blog Entries
    Well, some of them do have the chance to be true, Concussa does assign them a Probability rating, but anyway...

There were a few ideas that came quickly to mind. Various religions' apocalypses for starters, the book Le dernier Homme where my Omegarus sheet comes from, basic SF concepts like Robot Revolution, Mass VR, and Alien First Contact, Nuclear Post-Apocalypse, future based on fears of Magecraft becoming outed, that sort of thing

I'll probably be going with the term 'Psychofutures' instead of Prophections now, based on the Asimov term 'psychohistory', since I was told prophections sounds a bit too medical-y

Blog Entries
    I've been struggling to come up with a AU Fourth Grail War for ages now, but I just can't stick to one concept because I'll inevitably end up finding holes and errors with my current draft. The only things I have set in stone are that I'd like Faldeus and Bazdilot to feature as major players, but just not in the standard Strange/Fake setting since we still don't know much about Faldeus especially or what his goals are. Which means I'd have to come up with new goals for them. I've toyed with ideas including Faldeus adopting an orphaned magus and basically raising them to be a sort of James Bond-esque agent for his organization (which I like to call Prometheus), using them as a sort of chess piece while Faldeus goes behind the scenes to manipulate the war in his favor. Sorta like Kerry but not really. Problem with this is that it might be kinda OOC for Faldeus to just kinda do this out of the blue, unless something was really special about the OC that Faldeus noticed. Problem here is that the OC would be kinda useless against the other experienced Masters, especially the likes of Kirei.

Another idea I had was what if Bazett was hired early for the Fourth Grail War and what she would do. Maybe an early meeting with Kirei and getting a taste of what he's really like under the hood, or a clash with Kiritsugu. Hell, maybe Bazett ends up being the one who summons the Rider class, but instead of summoning her childhood hero, she ends up with Medb. Problem is that Bazett would probably despise Medb for what she did to Cu and would rather use a Seal to make Medb commit self-deletion and just walk away from the war.

I'd desperately wanna do the first idea, but I just dunno how to make it work or make it sound interesting.

Bazett would be too young for HGW4, and Bazdilot has no obvious plot threads that would involve him beyond something like him being hired specifically to kill Kiritsugu when it became known the spooky magus killer was a Master. Contrastingly, Faldeus does have a strong connection with the Fuyuki wars in that he's descended from the Master of Assassin in the third war, so you can portray his involvement as him settling his ancestor's scores with the families involved or reclaiming the remnants of his puppets that are still around. The problem is that his style of behind-the-scenes commanding of elite forces would completely unbalance a small-scale affair; you can get around that by simply giving him Hundred-Faced Hassan, who is both thematically appropriate and gives him many different pieces to work with.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Bazett would be too young for HGW4
    Good point, unless he moves the war up a few years, Bazett would be 13 and we know she only moved to the Clock Tower when she was 15.

Meanwhile Faldeus would be around 10, but that's a problem that can be supplemented by the Dioland method of Faldeus receiving the memories recorded in his predecessors' puppets. FsF already plays with Faldeus being one of the youngest and most prone to mistakes Masters there because he's representative of the USA, a nation likewise consistently presented as too young to play the grown-ups' magecraft game, so working with an even younger Faldeus only benefits what the character is about.

Blog Entries
    Oh uh, crap. I didn't meant that Bazdilot would be in the 4th Grail War, that was me talking about the first idea. That's my bad for not clarifying.

Blog Entries
    I suppose I don't need to limit myself to the Fourth War, upon reflection. Another idea I had was that the damage caused by the Third Grail War causes the Fourth to be moved up to at least 2006, far longer than it should've started.

There's also that part of me that would really like to play around with moving the Grail outside of Japan, but then there are problems such as "What motivates the families to move it" and the fame boosts that would arise from certain Servants should they be summoned. EX: if someone like Napoleon is summoned in France, he'd be a pretty beefy Archer. So overall more trouble than it's worth.

Hmmmmm... maybe I could have a similar-ish situation to Apocrypha, where the Einzbern accidentally summon Ruler rather than Avenger, to avoid any mud hijinks. But as a consquence, the Fourth Grail War is delayed because the summoning of Ruler outside an Apocrypha scenario really fucks with the Greater Grail, neccessitating repairs. Now we have an entirely different generation of magi for the Grail War, maybe giving Luvia some screentime? (Or not, given her circuits, she'd be able to provide more than enough mana for her Servant and just shred the competition sans maybe Rin.)

Blog Entries
    So that story idea about predicted future worlds, well I'm here to say it's now up and ready... except it's no longer a fanfic anymore (no canon Fate/ characters were planned to appear, and it was light on Fate/ mechanics, so it didn't gain that much from being a Fate/ fic)

It's been titled Revalkyrie, and I suppose I can't say much more about it here since it's no longer Type-Moon-connected. Still, I might upload to Doujin projects if there's enough interest. Anyway, here's a summary:

Charlotte Chretien is a moody high school senior with plummeting grades and a long-broken family. But things have gotten even worse, with her learning her world isn't 'real', that it's one of many worlds under threat, and that her enemies include some of the greatest names of the past. However, she may be able to use her enemy's weapons against them...

Experience Revalkyrie,
    where the true future's at stake!

Blog Entries
    The world of mystery stirs. A long dormant ritual of magi resurfaces in the modern era, a bloody royale of swords and sorcery, of trickery and honor.

The Holy Grail War.

But something is decidely different. Seven masters and servants become twenty-one. Three factions emerge in a conflict that threatens to unravel the world of Magi and civilain alike, all aiming for the same prize.

Three protagonists. Three endings.

Steel your resolve, choose your destiny.

And protect the value of your dream.

FATE/REALIZATION

-------------------------------------------

Nervous as hell, but here's my pitch.

This was an idea I've been going back and forth on. Truth be told, I dunno if it'll catch anyone's eye, but I thought it'd be fun to think about. Fate/Realization is a story taking place in the winter of 2005. It follows an alternate but similar timeline to Fate/Apocrypha in which Darnic Prestone was successful in killing Zouken Matou, but was unable to secure the Greater Grail for himself, barely escaping with his life. On top of that, the Greater Grail itself is damaged following the Einzbern's attempt at cheating the summoning system. However, a mysterious figure offers their assistance in repairing the Grail all in exchange for just one little favor.

As the flavor text implies, the idea behind this fic will be three protagonists each acting as reps for the three factions, though I've really only come up with the first one so far. Think of it as three routes like in Stay Night. There'll be a mix of OCs and canon characters, the three protagonists being of my own making! Whether that'll apply to their Servants... I'm undecided, though I do intend to come up with at least some fanmade Servants of my own! Ideally I'd want each protagonist to have their own unique feel and identity, along with a unique theme for their story. Expect many familar faces, including characters you never thought would be major players! Maybe the idea of a Sola-Ui being her own Master would tickle someone's fancy?

Yes, I do realize that basically means writing three seperate stories, but I'm nothing if not ambitious. Of course, if this seems like a horrible idea, I can always try something else, but I'd really want to try make this try to work.

Please let me know what you think of the concept!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It's all up to your execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Osrio's Fate/Realization: GAH DAYM 3 separate MC for 3 different story in one HGW that's hella interesting, I have soft spot for OC Servants and characters, definitely looking forward for this

Also 21 participants that's batshit insane, and I love insane idea, take your time and do your work, I cheer on you for this project
    Would appreciate it if you check either of these links below
    --- Fate/Antediluvian Hymn: Equilibrium of Chaos and Order ---

THE THRONE OF HEROES
    thanks for the Visit!

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know this doesn't get much traffic but after this thread was pointed out when I asked in the Womb, I decided to put my idea here too.
    ...copy pasted 'cause it's long and I don't wanna retype it...

Oh hey, look, a fanfic idea instead of a Servant one.

That being a (probably weird) "crossover": Sakura Matou befriends a ToyAgumon.

And by crossover, I mean the main crossover, I mean the only element (for now?) is the Digimon.

The idea stemmed from just me liking crossovers with one little change, that being the two elements crossig over, leading to a butterfly effect that snowballs. More specifically, that snowballs into making life at least a little bit better for at least one character.
    In this case, that'd be Sakura. Because ToyAgumon lore means that it would wanna be her friend, then see the trouble she's in, and want to help.
    And also that canon problems still exist.
    Like everything with Zouken. Though that's if I want to be a bit realistic and still connect Digimon to the internet, then the earliest Sakura could meet a Digimon (that is, the ToyAgumon) from what I could research about Internet in Japan (and my gosh was it minimum since i couldnt access much) is 1992-1994 since Internet Initiative Japan, the oldest ISP afaik, launched their service around this time. So that means Zouken's stuck in her heart when Sakura and ToyAgumon are friends.
    I think.
    I just realized that I don't when Zouken put that worm in her heart but I assumed it was as early as possible.

But if I go the more "Digimon Ghost Game" route, that is the Digimon don't need digital technology to actually manifest in the real world, then it could be earlier, but that still runs into the Zouken problem since I don't think Sakura being friends with a ToyAgumon would chane things... I think. Feel free to correct me.

I wanna go more tied to Digital devices angle since I thought it'd be neat, and interesting, to tie it to ToyAgumon's lore of "it absolutely loves children, and enjoys communicating with them over the Net."

Other than that, the only other thing I thought of was that the ToyAgumon's evolution line would be: ToyAgumon > Omekamon (basically "cosplay omega/omnimon the digimon" in hopes to be a knight/protector for Sakura) > Knightmon (now is a knight but not a distinguished/special one) > Dynasmon (same aesthetic plus being a more morally grey protector ie if their master is evil they will still obey because of their faith in them). Or Griffomon (a more unconventional but still very much protector type). I'll admit I haven't decided on a Mega yet (or if it woulf even get to that point).

I stopped brainstorming further about possible events and possible plot because. Well. Zouken. Not sure if I should deal with that by including more Digimon lore/figures that might notice the ToyAgumon presence in the real world and in turn bring a possible solution to their knowledge, or change one of ToyAgumon's evolutions (name of toyagumon pending) to lead to something that might help. Like maybe Seraphimon. Because yes Knightmon can digivolve into it even though "officially" Seraphimon digivolves from MagnaAngemon. Or if there's any possible third or fourth option. Likely tied with the Grail. Maybe. Again. Idk. Hence why I am asking here to try and solve this.

So...any thoughts?
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

It sounds intriguing-the specific details could be worked on