Page 3282 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 22822782318232323272327732803281328232833284328732923332 ... LastLast
Results 65,621 to 65,640 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    With the advent of GO, the demise of the age of fanfics hastened and finally ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    What does Grand Order have to do with it? One would think that it would make Tsukihime and KnK fics start up.

My personal opinion is that the contests are actually responsible. People save their stories for contests and never post at any other time, because otherwise the site ignores them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that shouldn't stop people from having ideas they'd like to see. Who knows, someone might pick it up to some degree.

I know this is bait for a cynical response, but try thinking for a minute as though some people aren't terrible. Even if you're not planning on writing something, it couldn't hurt to post the idea.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Before grand order new content in TM was rare. Therefore, people made up their own content in the form of fanfiction.
    With the advent of the TM light novel brand, new TM content was being produced about every 6 months with the comiket cycle.
    With fragments, content was being produced every month but tbh no one really cared about fragments until GO or ozy appeared. One or the other.
    With the advent of GO, there is "new content" basically every 2 weeks to 1 month.
    This isn't just for the writers but also the readers. There's no need to read and discuss fanfiction anymore when there's GO stuff to talk about and summaries to dissect and theorycraft. These summaries come out pretty fast too and are available to the english speaking audience with the proliferation of GO and reddit.

As to why there are no tsukihime and knk fics. Tbh they weren't very popular in the first place. From 2009 -> now it's mostly been Fate. And with new fans getting a foothold from Fate, they're going to write Fate if anything.

Although with the proliferation of GO there has been a focus on lemons. So if you're into that, good for you.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    …but …but fanfiction isn't just for the sake of new content. I always felt that the point of fanfiction was to touch on things that the canon wasn't. GO has a very wide range but there are still plenty of limitations. I mean, I might write a lot of GO fics myself, but my current focus is the Nasuverse internal crossover fic. Grail War, sure, but I'm using the scenario as a means of using non-Servant characters to interact with one another. Mage, or even more poignantly, normal human characters, largely go ignored, and giving them attention is one of the main reasons for writing fanfiction.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean it's really a bunch of stuff.

A heap of BL's old writers stopped doing Fanfic/left the forum. The newer gen of Nasu fans go to FFN for a larger and more forgiving audience (we kinda have a rep for being nitpicking, pedantic, toxic assholes)

GO is just one more nail in the coffin.

Blog Entries
    nobody who would have written on here is on ffn instead
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    people still use ffn???

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaM View Post
    I always felt that the point of fanfiction was to touch on things that the canon wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    focus on lemons.
    Surprise, this was probably one of the main points of fanfiction in the first place. The original roots of FFN and prolly even before that were like this.
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    nobody who would have written on here is on ffn instead
    Beam and Moczo, maybe?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Tumblr/ao3. FFN for a couple of years has gotten hurt, ironically, by being the most well-known fanfic site and getting flooded as an initial entry point.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Before grand order new content in TM was rare. Therefore, people made up their own content in the form of fanfiction.
    With the advent of the TM light novel brand, new TM content was being produced about every 6 months with the comiket cycle.
    With fragments, content was being produced every month but tbh no one really cared about fragments until GO or ozy appeared. One or the other.
    With the advent of GO, there is "new content" basically every 2 weeks to 1 month.
    This isn't just for the writers but also the readers. There's no need to read and discuss fanfiction anymore when there's GO stuff to talk about and summaries to dissect and theorycraft. These summaries come out pretty fast too and are available to the english speaking audience with the proliferation of GO and reddit.
    TBH, I think this is just untrue. Fanfic activity doesn't die off for a TV show when it gets a new season: it picks up because there are new characters, new situations, new pieces of information to write about. FGO should be increasing activity (and, on AO3 for example, it has - Fate's hardly popular there, but the drip of 'fics is now a dribble). There's some other factor at work here which means we aren't seeing that same bounce.

I also don't buy in the least that contest are doing anything: everyone was astonished at how much participation they got, because Fanfics was so desolate. They've made it pick up, even to a limited degree.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    The difference between what you want to think of as the golden BL fanfic age and a more contest driven forum is length of engagement, in that multi-chapter fics naturally have more commentary running alongside them; contrast with contest style 10 oneshots at once, which doesn't bring forth that kind of author-reader partnership. So if you want to be the change you want to see in the forums try reviving the quest fic format

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What about other sites like SV and SB? Aren't those alive and well in the fic department?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Go and read some SB TM crossover fanfic and report back to us, it'll be inspiring

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    can i not

- - - Updated - - -

besides, the saga of avada kedavra-spamming harry potter and the holy grail war never updated

and the saga of berserker percy jackson never updated either
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    What about other sites like SV and SB? Aren't those alive and well in the fic department?
    A genie your fanfic forum, but all the authors are from SpaceBattles.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    funny enough I have a shitton more inspiration and motivation to write TM fanfics

but no time

equivalent exchange

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    TBH, I think this is just untrue. Fanfic activity doesn't die off for a TV show when it gets a new season: it picks up because there are new characters, new situations, new pieces of information to write about. FGO should be increasing activity (and, on AO3 for example, it has - Fate's hardly popular there, but the drip of 'fics is now a dribble). There's some other factor at work here which means we aren't seeing that same bounce.
    I can't speak for other sites, but that's the trend i've seen here.

Blog Entries
    dude what about other sites like sb-
    Russia was still a monarchy due to not entering World War I. Instead, they engaged in a war alongside it with the Ottoman Empire and won. As a result, the Russian Empire gained control of the northern half of the Middle East and the Dardanelles Straits, which provided a massive boost in popularity for Tsar Nicholas II. The February Revolution of 1917 never got off the ground and Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov died in exile.

Germany became a monarchy again after the success of Operation Valkyrie and the assassination of Hitler in 1944. After the proven failure of the Weimar Republic and Fascism, war hero and Field Marshal Erwin Rommel was instated as King Erwin Rommel I by the Wehrmacht in an effort to bring back the glory of the German Empire. Even then, civil war broke out, though it was quickly suppressed. His son, Manfred Rommel, now ruled.

I stopped reading after that. I wasn’t sure how much I could absorb.

“Hey.”

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to face Touko, then immediately made sure I had locked eyes and did not deviate down. She was leaning down into the car through the open window. With her never doing up the top two buttons of her shirt…well, there was a view.

While I’ll freely admit that Touko hits almost every button for me with the added bonus of being nearly the same age as me, actually doing anything about it was about as attractive a prospect as shoving an angry honey badger down my pants.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    dude what about other sites like sb-
    peak SB right here
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty