Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: End/Silent Dream

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Thanatos?

If we guess his identity now, does that mean we can figure out his identity in-game? Otherwise, guessing at his name doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Larekko12 View Post
    Richard Brandon,Fernando Alvarez , Giovanni Battiste Bugatti, Charles Henri Sanson, or Grover Cleveland?
    I don't know who half of those people are...

Bloble: Larekko already guessed Death.

Warshipper: No. Remember, Kilroy doesn't know that Servants are Heroic Spirits, so he's unaware that Executioner even has an identity to guess.

Anyway, next chapter! Not much action in this one, I'm afraid. And maybe a touch rushed, but whatever.

[X] See if she’s okay, and get some answers.

Ah, screw it. She was one of the few people in this town that I considered a friend. I wasn’t about to start doubting her now. I cupped my hands to my mouth. “Jessica? Are you alright?”

A moment later, her voice responded from up the set of stairs behind the shop counter “Y-yeah. I’m fine. Is it safe?”

“Yeah.”

So assured, Jessica came down the steps, wincing when she saw the damage done to the storefront. She winced again when she saw Executioner standing at my back. “S-so... You’re a master?” She asked.

I nodded. “Yeah. You too, I notice. Does this mean that you’re a Practitioner?”

Her eyes widened in surprise and she started making defensive gestures. “What? No! I’m not a Necromancer, I’m a Versipilis! Why did you think...” She trailed off, apparently realizing something.

I, meanwhile, focused on something else she had said. “Practitioners are not Necromancers! Those two things are completely different!”

She looked down and away shyly. “So you are a Necromancer, then...” She said softly. “I should have realized sooner... I mean, you were always buying necromantic tools from here...”

I rubbed my eyes in exasperation. “Look, I’m not a Necromancer. There’s no such thing.”

She blinked in confusion. “What?”

“‘Necromancer’ means ‘one who tells the future by communicating with the dead.’ I don’t do that. No one does that. The name just got associated with something different over the years. And what the hell is a Versipilis, anyway?”

She looked affronted at that. “You don’t even know what a Versipilis is? What kind of Necromancer are you?”

I opened my mouth to protest her second usage of that term, but decided against it. I sighed. “Apparently not a very well-informed one. What say we go somewhere where we can discuss this, at length.”

She grimaced before looking away again. “I can’t... Leaving the store like this...”

“It’s fine, go.” A new voice suddenly chimed in. “You can even use one of the rooms upstairs for it. I’ll fix the damage.”

I turned to face the newcomer. It was a pale, thin teenager with short orange hair that stood on end, and a pair of glasses. He wore all white and was carrying a book underneath his arm.

“M-mister Sovereign!” Jessica squeaked in surprise. “I-- that is-- but my shift--”

He adjusted his glasses. “You can consider your shift over, Jessica. We haven’t been getting many night-time customers since the murders started, anyway. And how many times have I told you? Call me Randall.”

Jessica nodded. “Thank you very much Mis-- Randall!”

Ten minutes later, we were situated across from each other at a table in a small room in the shop’s second floor. It had only taken so long because Randall had insisted that he make tea for us before we started talking.

I had just finished explaining to Jessica the story of how I became a Practitioner. She wasn’t too surprised by it -- according to her, many Practitioners got their start in the same way.

Which led to her side of the story.

“The Versipilis... Well, you’re familiar with ‘werewolves,’ correct?”

I nodded. “Yeah.”

“Well stories about werewolves were inspired by the Versipilis. Versipilis are humans born with an ethereal power that allows them to turn into an animal. They’re born with this power because when a woman transforms while pregnant, her child will transform too, causing her child’s body to ‘learn’ the transformation.”

I nodded again, a bit shakily. It was a bit bizarre, but it fit with what little I knew about ethereal theory. “So what animal can you turn into?”

She blushed and looked away. “I’m one of the ‘Noble Transformations’ -- a Phoenix.”

I blinked at that. “Wait, what?” I paused for a moment. “Can you show me?”

She blushed deeper. “Phoenixes... we know they’re birds of some sort but... well... Phoenixes have massive amounts of ethereal power. Harmful amounts. Which makes us supposedly ‘above’ those that turn into mundane animals. But it’s so much that transforming too much during pregnancy will kill the child before it has a chance to fully ‘learn’ the transformation. So I can only transform partially. There hasn’t been a phoenix capable of a full transformation in centuries.”

I took a sip of my tea. “I see.” So she had a lot of ethereal power? That was good to know. “But I suppose we can get to that later. Tell me about this war.”

“Right. Basically, this whole thing is organized by the American Concilium -- you see, the Concilium is a group that oversees the Versipilis and Necromancers across the globe, maintaining secrecy and such. You probably don’t know about them because of how you’ve been shut off from Necromantic culture. The world is separated into sections, each with its own representative Concilium. The Concilium always has a head representative who represents that Concilium on the international level, lesser members who represent districts in the Concilium’s area, and the Sella Umbrae to represent the Necromancers.”

“Wait, so Practitioners only get one representative? That doesn’t seem fair.”

Jessica looked a bit miffed in response. “I don’t see how. It’s none of their business anyway; they just forced their way in. Now if you’d let me continue?”

I held back a sigh. “Fine.”

“Right. So the International representative on the American Concilium -- my father -- and the local representative, Cassius Savelle, started setting this whole thing up eighteen years ago with this guy Ebon, who was the Sella Umbrae at the time. Basically, seven Servants are summoned, and then fight it out. The corporeal power of the Servants is supported by a massive collection of corporeal energy called the ‘Grail,’ and whenever a Servant is dispersed, it gets taken into the Grail and some sort of ‘connection’ is formed. Before you ask, no, I don’t know what that connection is -- Daddy said that I didn’t need to concern myself with it -- but six Servants need to be destroyed for that connection to form.”

“And Striker called that connection ‘the power of the gods.’ And if it’s as powerful as the name suggests, then that would give people incentive to go after it.”

“Yeah.” Jessica sipped her tea thoughtfully. “Anyway, seven Gauntlets were made, and six were finished, but then Ebon got assassinated. It was unconnected to the Grail, by the way. But Ebon had held onto one of the Gauntlets, and the Sella Umbrae have always kept their true identities secret from the Concilium So they couldn’t find it. And one of the Gauntlets hadn’t been finished; it didn’t even have a Class created for it.

“Ultimately, they decided to make do with what they had, and the Gauntlets were distributed.The Savelle and Alister families were each given two Gauntlets, one to give to their family’s heir -- myself and Nero, in case that wasn’t clear -- and were told to give the other to someone they thought to be ‘deserving.’ But our second Gauntlet was stolen before we could find someone.

“One was also given to a representative of the Church, to keep them from butting in, and the current Sella Umbrae managed to convince my Father to hand one over to be given to a Necromancer, so that the Necromancers could have a shot at it.

“Anyway, it’s kind of frowned on to kill one of the heirs, or the representative from the Church, but...” She frowned into her tea. “Any other Masters are fair game. And killing a Master is much easier than killing a Servant.”

“I see,” I replied. “So you’re concerned about me.”

“Frankly? Yes, I am. I’m safe in this war, mostly. You’re not.”

“And what exactly do you suggest I do about it? Because I’m not going to back out if one of my only friends is involved.” I paused. “Wait a minute, you aren’t involved any more. Right?”

She looked at her Command Gauntlet. The Core Stone had crumbled and fallen out, and two of the Command Stones were gone, only leaving an upwards pointed chevron. “The man who finished the Gauntlets works for my Dad. He can replace the Core Stone. If a Gauntlet doesn’t have a contract with a Servant, and a Servant lacks a Contract with a Master, then I can make a new Contract.”

“But surely your Servant should be gone by now, right? With the Core Stone destroyed...”

She shook her head. “He has Independent Action. It’s a skill that lets him stick around for a while after his Contract is nulled. If I can find him I can redo the Contract.” She paused, thoughtful. “Or for that matter, we could have him switch your Command Stone onto my Gauntlet. I have more ethereal power, so I’m probably better suited to be its Master then you.”

I rubbed my chin thoughtfully. “There’s a skill like that? Interesting... I wonder what other Skills Servants might have...” I paused. “For that matter, don’t we have data from Striker?”

Jessica perked up. “Oh yeah! Here, show me your hand. My phone is modified to hook up with it.”

Soon enough, Striker’s data was there on the screen.

Servant Striker
    Strength: C
    Agility: C
    Endurance: D

Ethereal Transformation: A
    Disengage: D
    Instinct: B
    Staff Combat: B
    Magic Resistance: E

The data wasn’t necessarily accurate, as I recalled. It would only record the highest level that they showed in a given stat or skill. It was entirely possible that Striker’s Agility, for example, was higher than C and he simply wasn’t going all out.

“Ethereal Transformation,” however, was troubling. There was only one thing I had seen Striker do that could possibly fall under that.

And then Jessica shut the phone off. “Alright, so what do you say?”

1. Go get her Core Stone replaced, then look for her Servant.
    2. Get your Core Stone switched onto her Gauntlet.
    3. Go out on your own.
    4. Go out, but with Jessica.
    5. Go home.
    6. Ask Jessica more questions (List off what questions you want to ask her, the more the better).
    7. [Reader’s Choice]

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    What are the Servant Really? What is your Pheonix Transformation Like? What is you Servant Name? Do you have a method of Contacting you Servant? (If we find out the Def of an EiRei) Could Striker be Sun Wu kong?

Why are practioneers called Necros? What do you mean Necro's forced their way in? Will giving you my core stone kill my servant? I know if I lend you my core stone you'll give it back when we find your Servant after getting yours replaced, right? How come the desigined the gauntlets with such an obvious weakpoint?

Can Gauntlets sense one another? Can servants sense astralized servants?

Is your servant and Archer that would be cool? Won't Archer assasins and Strikers and lancer have an unfair advantage for nonlethal takedown cuase fo blitz speed and sniping?

What do pheonixes look like? I bet you transformations ethereal, almost as beautiful as you are. Your dad won't get snippy with me about the gauntlet will he?
    Go get Stone replaced after answers.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Main questions: Necromancers in general, Servants, the Gauntlets.

Peripreal/'Sneaky' Questions: Her stance in the War, her magic other than the phoenix, how much she trusts us.

Ask these questions or try to lead her into answering these questions while leading her to get a stone from her father. Try not to reveal the contents of our fight(primarily regarding our servant), and remain friendly.

Nix the How much she trusts us. Also just because she ran does not mean she didn't watch. The Auther wants a list of Questions.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Larekko: She calls Practitioners Necromancers because they draw power from the dead, and can manipulate dead matter. Kilroy is well aware of this, and in fact hates the misconception.

Gauntlets can’t detect other Gauntlets, only Servants. The Gauntlets are the only automatic detection system for Servants; Servants themselves have to use their own senses, but the Gauntlets can pick up on Astralized Servants (Though not always). Kilroy knows this; I just forgot to mention it when he was reviewing the capabilities of the Gauntlet.

6: Ask Jessica more questions.

“I say that I have a few more questions, actually.”

“Oh? What do you want to know?”

“Well, for starters, wouldn’t removing my Core Stone dissipate my Servant before you could transplant it?”

She shook her head. “The link stays intact even if the core is removed. It’s just much harder to provide it with power -- well, that and you can’t use command stones. So long as I keep my hand on the Core Stone, I can keep supplying your Servant with power even while it’s disconnected. It takes exponentially more energy, but I have plenty to spare. And anyway, even Servants without Independent Action can usually stick around for about ten minutes or so, if they push themselves.”

I nodded. “Okay. What Servant do you have?”

“Archer.”

“Okay, could be useful... Long range abilities would be a good complement to Executioner’s abilities as a frontline fighter... If he is a frontline fighter, he did have some range attacks... What exactly are your capabilities? I’m not too familiar with what ethereal powers are capable of.”

She put a finger to her lips thoughtfully. “Well, I can heal people. It’s not true healing though, more like ‘returning something to how its natural state.’ It’s sort of like forcibly shapeshifting someone, only the form they’re shifted into is uninjured, and I can only turn them into a form that they already have. And it doesn’t work on things like viruses or poisons, unfortunately, just purely physical injuries.”

“Does that mean that you can force other Versipilis to change forms?”

“Yeah, but I need to get super-close to do it, within a few inches. I can also radiate ethereal power... any Necromantic creatures’ll get burned real bad by that, but I can concentrate it enough to hurt stuff that isn’t entirely corporeal in nature, like ordinary humans. It takes quite a bit out of me, though. Your turn. What exactly can you do?”

“Well, I have a bunch of charged ‘Hearts’ back at my house... I also have these glass spheres that the old guy left behind. You charge them with corporeal power, and once you do, the moment something knocks into ‘em they explode and send shards of supercharged glass everywhere. I can’t charge them up very much without a Heart, though. I can use my corporeal energy to increase my speed and strength a bit, and I can also externalize it to cloak myself with it to increase how much damage I can dish out. I could also probably drains something of its corporeal energy by stabbing it and myself with a wooden stake, to connect us. I do that with corpses and the like to stock up on corporeal energy, but I suppose that I could use it on something alive... And that’s pretty much it.”

She nodded, though she looked a bit uncomfortable. “Yeah, I think we can work with that.”

“Glad you think so. By the way, what does your Phoenix transformation look like?”

“Blinding.”

I looked at her expectantly for a moment, but it looked like there wasn’t going to be more of an answer forthcoming. Oh well.

“Ah, about fixing the Gauntlets... Would they try to take my Gauntlet from me or something? I mean I’m not an official participant...”

“That’s... a good question. I don’t know.”

“We should probably keep your Dad from finding out about it then. You don’t need me there to get your Core Stone replaced. Though if we transplant my Core, that would be another story.”

“Well... I could probably manage a transplant without any help. They’re designed for making that easy. It’s only getting a new stone that’s a problem.”

“That’s good to know. Now, you mentioned that the Practitioners ‘forced their way in’ to the Concilium? What does that mean, exactly?”

“Well, they started a war with the Versipilis, and it escalated so far that we agreed to give them representation on the Concilium in exchange for a ceasefire. Of course, they also agreed to let us monitor them more. They asked for us to abolish the office of the Carnifex, too, but no one had held that position for years anyway so that wasn’t much.”

“What’s the Carnifex?”

“Oh, that’s a position the Concilium used to have. It’s a person whose job is to eradicate practitioners through their own methods. The Executioner class exists because of it, actually.”

“Through their own methods? Wouldn’t it be more efficient to use ethereal techniques, seeing how they’re like, super effective against the Art?”

“They... didn’t want to dirty their hands with it. ‘Keep Necromancer business amongst Necromancers’ was the general philosophy behind it, I think.”

I nodded. That kind of made sense.

Then something occurred to me. “Do you have any idea where your Servant is right now?”

“Well, I think he was fighting a battle when you showed up... He was using up my reserves, you see. Other than that, I don’t really know. He didn’t care much for having me around, really. He was kind of an asshole, really.”

Great. Well, it was something, at least. Though his personality would have to be very disagreeable for her to have already used up two command stones...

“Right... He’s not astralized, right?”

She shook her head. “No.”

“Good. So at the very least, we can sweep the city until our gauntlets light up. That would be kind of risky, though. Can you tell me any notable characteristics that would help me spot him?”

She snorted. “Trust me, when you see him, you’ll know. That narcissist likes being seen. Just look for a Servant who’s a jackass with blonde hair and you’ll be fine.”

I blinked. “Narcissist? Is every Servant except mine full of themselves?”

“Well you can’t exactly blame them. I mean, they are famous heroes, after all.”

“Wait, what? I thought the Servants were something new!”

“They are, why -- wait, you don’t know?”

“Apparently not.”

“Well, you see, Servants aren’t created by the Gauntlets -- or at least, not entirely. They call forth the corporeal energy mixed with ethereal energy taken from a deceased person.”

“But dead people don’t have ethereal energy, only corporeal...”

“True... normally. But ethereal energy is strongly affected by the minds of people. If someone’s fame grows enough, ethereal energy will gather around them, even in death. And that means that something of their soul remains behind to be called forth.”

“So Servants...”

“Are resurrected heroes of myth and legend, yes.”

I looked over at Executioner. Hmmm... “Hey, Executioner. What’s your real name?”

He was silent.

I rolled my eyes. “C’mon, Executioner, don’t make me use a Command Stone. What did they call you when you were alive?”

He was silent for a moment more, before he finally spoke.

“Carnifex.”

I blinked. That was unexpected.

“Oh, I see.” Jessica said. “Most of the candidates for the Executioner class are the people who have held the title of Carnifex over the years. Not all of them have legends, but they all qualify -- when a Carnifex died, they’d seal the corpse with ethereal power, just to make sure that they weren’t faking it. So they would technically have ethereal and corporeal power in their bodies, too.”

I nodded. “I see. So my Servant is just some Practitioner who worked for the Concilium that I’ve never heard of. Pity. I was hoping for someone famous.”

“Well, a handful of them became famous for their exploits. Though I can’t actually think of any offhand...”

I shrugged. “Whatever. Who’s your Servant?”

“I’d... rather not say.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Really? Why not?”

“Well, a Servant’s identity is supposed to be kept secret at all costs! If you know a Servant’s identity, you can find out what their abilities are! Daddy said that I shouldn’t tell anyone my Servant’s identity no matter what!”

I stared. She was seriously starting to freak out for some reason. “Well... what about Striker? Can we figure out his identity?”

She perked up. “Yeah! Now what legends do we know of that fit him...”

“Hrrm, let’s see... Chinese clothing, uses a staff, turned into a hair when he was defeated... I’d say the Monkey King.”

Jessica stared at me for a moment before slamming her head down onto the table, barely missing her tea. “Crap,” She muttered. “We’re screwed.”

Okay, that was unexpected. “Why?”

“You probably don’t know, but Sun Wukong was one of the foremost pioneers of ethereal ability. His technical skill with the transformative aspects of it was second to none, and his powers and other areas weren’t shabby either.”

“So? Executioner still did pretty well against him.”

“Because he wasn’t using ethereal power. Which Executioner is extremely weak against.”

I nearly gulped. “Oh yeah. That could be a problem.”

Jessica lifted her head off the table and stood up. “I think it just became more important for us to find Archer. You’d better make your choice, now.”

1. Transplant the Core Stone.
    2. Get a new stone for Jessica.
    3. Go home and hope this blows over.
    4. Get the stone later and sweep the city now.
    5. [Reader’s Choice]

Yeah, you don’t get any points for guessing the identity of Jessica’s Servant...

Get new stone, sweep city for Archer, establish alliance. If 'Carnifex' is weak against Ethereal energy, we've got about three choices. One, get a powerful gun and hope to hell this universes' magic doesn't automatically invalidate weapons or something. Two, get an extreme advantage + hopefully an ambush against MK. three, get someone not weak against Ethereal energy and double-team the guy.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    I wonder if Archer is Gilgamesh or Emiya.

Gold and BLonde is GIlgamesh. Is it Faust our Servant. Ask our Servant about what he thinks about lending our girl the Stone. We have to fight Holy paladin lighting bruiser Goku with a Dark Khight Mighty Glaicer. The we have to Tame Gilgamesh. We should get her stone replaced so we can call him.

[x] Ask Servant for opinion on transfer temp. Get Replacement Stone. Find Gilgamesh and Friend after getteing replacement hide while she gets replacement.

Since "Get Jessica a new stone" seems to be the prevailing opinion, I wrote this brief interlude showing the results of that choice. You still have to decide what to do next. Writing that part will most likely wait until tomorrow, however.

Interlude

“Um, Daddy?”

Aloysius Alister turned away from Merovitch’s desk to look at his daughter. “Sweetie? What’s wrong? Something to do with the war?”

She nodded hesitantly. “Yes, it’s... well it’s my Gauntlet. Striker showed up, and... crushed my Core Stone.”

Aloysius rubbed his temples. It figured that things would go wrong for him this early in the war. “Striker... Merovitch, that was the secondary Gauntlet we gave to the Savelle’s correct?”

“Yes sir.”

“And have any Servants been defeated tonight?”

“Yes sir.”

“Well, I suppose that we must hope that it wasn’t Archer, then. Jessica, go down to Merovitch’s workshop. I will send him down after you momentarily.”

Jessica looked very relieved that he wasn’t angry. WIth a hurried “thank you,” she dashed off. Aloysius turned back to Merovitch.

“Merovitch... Is the new Executioner Gauntlet ready?”

“Ah... Yes sir. I’m not entirely confident in how reliable it may be, but it should work.”

Aloysius rubbed his temples once more. “Then that will have to do. Once you have repaired my daughter’s gauntlet, I want you to summon Executioner, and send it to support her until she re-contracts with Archer... If she gets hurt, it’s on your head, understand?”

“Yes sir.”

“Good. Now go.”

Aloysius watched Merovitch dash off down the hallway, waiting until the bald little man was out of sight before stepping back into Merovitch’s office and shutting the door. He sighed and picked up the phone, dialing a number.

It rang twice before it was answered. “Aloysius? Is something wrong?”

“Cassius... You still have the Sword of Cut Heaven, don’t you?”

“Yes, I do. Why?”

“I wish to borrow it.”

“What!? Why? WHat could you possibly need it for?”

“I believe that there is a chance that my life may be in significant danger otherwise.” Yes, Archer had shown a rather... belligerent attitude from the moment he had been summoned. It would not surprise Aloysius in the slightest if the first thing the Servant did upon being freed was come to kill him. It was an unlikely eventuality, but also an unsurprising one.”

There was a sigh on the other end of the line. “Very well, old friend. But if I find out this is some sort of ruse, then just see if I do you another favor ever again.”

“Thank you. I will see you shortly, then.”

Aloysius hung up the phone. He needed to make plans.
    Last edited by Arkanian; September 23rd, 2011 at 11:49 PM.

Never mind, next update! Rather short, but eh.

[x] Ask Servant for opinion on transfer temp. Get Replacement Stone. Find Gilgamesh and Friend after getteing replacement hide while she gets replacement.

I sat in the upstairs room of Darque and Sovereign, sipping my now-cold tea and staring out the window. Randall had insisted that the place would be safe now that he had “Put up the barriers,” and I couldn’t think of anywhere else I could use as a hideout beside my house on the other side of town so I decided to believe him.

Jessica had called up a limo to take her home, promising to return once she had replaced her core stone. After she left, on a whim I decided to ask Executioner whether or not he thought I should hand control of his contract over to Jessica. He insisted that it didn’t matter to him at first, but I eventually got him to admit that he preferred having me as a Master, though I couldn’t get him to admit why.

I had also asked his opinion on what we should do about Striker, and as it turns out he just wanted to track down Striker’s lair and face him in single combat. Apparently he’s a big fan of it.

Once I got him talking, he told me the details of his Noble Phantasm, “Ignoble Execution.” It could only be activated against an opponent who was fleeing combat, and even then only when either Executioner or his opponent had declared an intent to defeat the other in that battle. The stakes would drain corporeal energy from whoever was impaled upon them, and required Strength of B or a B Rank attack to break free of them, but they could only extend sixteen feet from whatever surface they erupted from -- they would be useless against a flying opponent, in other words.

I also got him to admit that he had a total of four Noble Phantasms -- a rather impressive number -- but he refused to talk about any of the others. Apparently, Ignoble Execution was his only Noble Phantasm that he didn’t see as a mark of shame.

He refused to say anything else, after that.

By that point, Jessica had already been gone for about half an hour. Considering how far away her house was, I suppose it was only to be expected.

It was then that I saw a massive flare of light shooting up from somewhere a mile or two away. It was like staring at the sun; I couldn’t even tell what form it took.

It took a moment for my eyes to clear. That... Could have been Archer. If it was, I should probably head there now, as he’d probably leave pretty quickly after presumably winning his fight. On the other hand, it could have been someone else, and Jessica wasn’t back yet.

What should I do...

1. Take Executioner and check it out.
    2. Wait for Jessica to get back before doing anything.
    3. [Reader’s Choice]

Can we get a color? If redish is Archer if Not Arturia or another. Call jessica's Cell Phone.

Let's just say that "Like the sun" is a very accurate descriptor. Ever stared straight at the sun? It's like that.

Arturia or another Saber then.

Take Executioner and check it out. Would now be a good time to review the exact combat capabilities we have?

Quote Originally Posted by WarShipper View Post
    Take Executioner and check it out. Would now be a good time to review the exact combat capabilities we have?
    If you mean Executioner's combat abilities, then you could put that in as a command... But keep in mind that he's being rather tight-lipped at the moment...

If you mean Kilroy's, then he did give a brief overview of them a while back. Right now he has a heart and some wooden stakes on him, if that's what you mean.

[Edit]: And that sort of makes the decision vote a tie...
    Last edited by Arkanian; September 23rd, 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Rush ahead reckless and you will alone in a ditch as a fool. Omega Vote: Call Jessica on the Cell Phone to Synchronize prupose. Getting Gilgamesh if that is Gil will only get us kill like dogs with out her at our side.

Quote Originally Posted by Larekko12 View Post
    Rush ahead reckless and you will alone in a ditch as a fool. Omega Vote: Call Jessica on the Cell Phone to Synchronize prupose. Getting Gilgamesh if that is Gil will only get us kill like dogs with out her at our side.
    SInce that seems to be the closest I'll get to a tiebreaker, I'll go with that.

[X] Call Jessica.

I decided that I should probably consult Jessica on it first. She’d be able to tell if it was her Sevant. I poked my head out the door.

“Hey, Randall? Do you have Jessica’s Cell number?”

“555-8493.”

“Thanks.”

Jessica picked up on the second ring. “Hello?”

“Jessica? It’s me. Have you gotten the new Core yet?”

“Er... No. Actually, I’m not at my house yet...”

“What? Does it seriously take forty minutes to drive from your job to your house?”

“It does when someone puts a Claymore in the road.”

What!? Was anyone hurt? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, I’m fine. Since he thought I might be a target, Daddy took precautions. The Limo’s armored against that sort of thing. But we won’t be going anywhere for a while, and I’m not going to be walking home without any sort of protection... I’ll have to wait until another car gets sent...”

“Good to see you have everything under control.”

“Yeah. Anyway, is that the only reason you called? Impatience?”

“No. I just saw a Noble Phantasm go off about a mile from here. It was a massive burst of light. Does that sound like Archer to you?”

There was a pause. “...I don’t know,” Jessica said eventually. “I don’t know anything about his Noble Phantasms. He just left on his own pretty quickly after I summoned him. So it could be him I suppose. But if it’s not...”

“Yeah. That could be bad.”

“I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t go. With me stuck here, I’m probably not going anywhere for quite a while. I’m not sure that we can really accomplish anything more tonight.”

I considered what she said. What course of action would be best?

1. Call it a night.
    2. Check out the Noble Phantasm on your own.
    3. Find Jessica and escort her home.
    4. Go looking for Archer elsewhere.
    5. [Reader’s Choice]

Incidentally, what is your guys' opinions on me maybe putting this up on SpaceBattles and doing a different route there?

FInd JEssica nad escort her home. Leaving her alone out there even in an armored car is asking for toruble. ARcher won't get himself killed.

Spacebattles is kind a full of assholes.