Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Battle Moon Wars 2 - Art Development

Blog Entries
    Leslie you are a god(dess).
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Azaka Fire Effects - Test 2
    Attack 1 Design Test

The initial flash was too weak so I added the decorative flair at the end but Azaka shouldn't be able to do (I think).
    http://megaswf.com/serve/1436685
    Last edited by lesliep21; December 19th, 2011 at 07:09 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    Posting to announce that I can help out on the project if needed. I am an art student in college and I have a few years of good experience under my belt. I don't normally draw anime but it is not hard to mimic the style of BMW. I will need help, however, figuring out how to make sprites, as I've never done it before. I do not think it would be too hard for me to learn, with just a few tips on where to start. As for the character portraits, they just make them in paint or something? They always looked rather pixelatedish.

Either way, if anyone has any requests just send me a message or post it here, and I will see what I can do. I'd love to be a part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bargadiel View Post
    Posting to announce that I can help out on the project if needed. I am an art student in college and I have a few years of good experience under my belt. I don't normally draw anime but it is not hard to mimic the style of BMW. I will need help, however, figuring out how to make sprites, as I've never done it before. I do not think it would be too hard for me to learn, with just a few tips on where to start. As for the character portraits, they just make them in paint or something? They always looked rather pixelatedish.

Either way, if anyone has any requests just send me a message or post it here, and I will see what I can do. I'd love to be a part of this.
    Squeeeee-I mean, thank you for offering. Right now we're in the Design and Concept stage, but on the subject of sprites/pixel art I made a broad guide. http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post358316 I don't have a lot of experience or skill either, but this is what I figured out so far. PM Bloble or Milbunk to enter the project.

All images on any program (except vector graphics) are all made of pixels. It's mostly the brush, whether anti-aliasing is on or not, that gives a pixelated look. It's just that character portrait dimensions are small enough that each pixel is discernible no matter how much gradient you put it in. I don't know about Japan, but pretty much everything can be made in Photoshop. Paint is very limited and doesn't have layers or a built in animation program, but it is possible to draw sprites on it. GIMP is a free substitute for Photoshop. This project's art is not very demanding so you don't need any fancy programs.

Quote Originally Posted by lesliep21 View Post
    Squeeeee-I mean, thank you for offering. Right now we're in the Design and Concept stage, but on the subject of sprites/pixel art I made a broad guide. http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post358316 I don't have a lot of experience or skill either, but this is what I figured out so far. PM Bloble or Milbunk to enter the project.

All images on any program (except vector graphics) are all made of pixels. It's mostly the brush, whether anti-aliasing is on or not, that gives a pixelated look. It's just that character portrait dimensions are small enough that each pixel is discernible no matter how much gradient you put it in. I don't know about Japan, but pretty much everything can be made in Photoshop. Paint is very limited and doesn't have layers or a built in animation program, but it is possible to draw sprites on it. GIMP is a free substitute for Photoshop. This project's art is not very demanding so you don't need any fancy programs.
    Don't forget leo!

Calling all ARTISTS AND SPRITE ARTISTS + XML EDITORS:

Best quote ever
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> i am a hard M
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> there is no shame

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Rock on!!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    I'm pretty well versed in how most programs work as I use Photoshop and SAI every now and again. I made mention paint merely because of the quality of how the original BMW portraits appeared. But thanks alot for the guide and info! I will see what I can do when the time arises.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Azaka's attack animations would be a perfect time to rip off reference King of Fighters

decided to give spriting a try

Ayaka is basically an edit of Rin's.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

That's... actually pretty awesome. Also probably the best first post we've had so far.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    We need more men like you, good sir.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegirlswithglasses View Post
    decided to give spriting a try

Ayaka is basically an edit of Rin's.
    IS THAT PROTOGIL I SEE?!

Yessssssss.

And Ayaka too~

^^ what Bloble said. Surely a good way to start, at least. : D