Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: New Figures/Toys

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who are you going to cosplay?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I NEED A GOOD SMILE SABER BUT DAMMIT MONEY FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS IS GOING TO MADOKA BD AND COSPLAY STUFF
    Than buy the one sitting on the bike, it's the most expensive one ;D

Edit: In releated news, I just nearly got a heart attack after seeing that the euro->yen exchange rate via paypal is exactly 1:1..... T__T
    Last edited by bahamut zero; November 30th, 2011 at 09:32 PM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
    Than buy the one sitting on the bike, it's the most expensive one ;D

Edit: In releated news, I just nearly got a heart attack after seeing that the euro->yen exchange rate via paypal is exactly 1:1..... T__T
    What!?

You mean 1:100, right?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's 1:1. The average figure now costs about 6000 Euros.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, of course it's 1:100, but I take those two zeros somewaht as granted...
    Anyway, it's a worst case scenario, cause I had to pay 51,40€ for 5140¥, in the past it would have been around ten euros cheaper.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    It's 1:1. The average figure now costs about 6000 Euros.
    Than I would start paying the amarican way, credit cards and identity changes all the way

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EXiku View Post
    As for fangirls...at the recent London MCM Expo there was a Vic Mignogna panel...yeah...I hate those fangirls. You know, the ones who ask him to recite a certain line with them and make this orgasmic moan afterwards *shudders*
    ... Glad I avoided that o.O

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Sadly, it occurs at pretty much any convention he goes to which is all of them. They're all over youtube, which is one of the reasons he is tired of that request, since it's the same freaking thing all the time.

I still find it weird that the voices for Edward Elric are opposite genders across the pond.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Same with Al, IIRC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Sadly, it occurs at pretty much any convention he goes to which is all of them. They're all over youtube, which is one of the reasons he is tired of that request, since it's the same freaking thing all the time.
    Do I even want to know what the line is?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It's pretty common for boy heroes in Japan to be voiced by girls, and Ed's seiyuu Romi Park does quite a number of them. Less common in America, though both Luffy and Naruto are women-acted in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Same with Al, IIRC.
    Al in FMA was done by a boy in America, yes. FMA: Brotherhood, they went with a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Do I even want to know what the line is?
    "Colonel Mustang is dead sexy in a miniskirt."

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    He refused to do that line when someone got four words into their question - I dunno why they ask him to do it, it's so lame copying stuff off YouTube :/

There was this one however, a girl asked him to recite a line with her from Ouran High School (haven't watched it) involving drinking tea out of someone's mouth and she practically came right there - it made my skin crawl...*shudder*

@Hen-Ichi: Are you speaking about general Vic Mignogna convention panels or are you a Londoner also? If you don't mind me asking : )
    Fic's
    Wishing Upon The Sun (Fate/Guyver) - Updated: 11/04/12
    Broken on the Rocks - Updated: 20/07/12
    Spoiler:

[11:37] <Wakarimaspin> Hahahaha, an NTR doujin by Tusia with three chapters. Chapter 1: Five and Leo share pure loving relationship, ends with Leo going on a trip and Five promising to wait for him
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 2: Exiku the temptress comes along and slowly erodes Five's yearning for Leo, and takes him in a moment of weakness. Ends with Leo returning to see what has happened
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 3: NTRNTRNTRNTRNTR

I was actually there, I even waited in the queue for a bit! I didn't get an autograph though, I was only waiting in the queue because a friend was.

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    Ah man! That queue was insane! We tried for the first one, but stewards stopped people queuing because it was too big - I didn't even want to meet the dude, my brother's a bigger fan; I respect his work, but I feel he's getting a little too big for his breeches as they say. But because of that, I ended up missing the people I cared about - the Eureka and Teen Wolf cast, as soon as we got there (despite having 15 minutes left) they were closing up the booth.

So, my bro and I went for the second queue after Vic's panel, but this time with the added impetus of him dying to ask him a few intelligent questions that he didn't get a chance to ask because he kept getting passed up.

Thank God he's finishing Uni in time for the May Expo, so we can head over on the Sunday (much quieter!) if we can help it. We went on the Saturday this time around...

Oh gosh, I sound like a whiny old bat - sorry! If I manage to get my cosplay ready in time (going as Saber Lily - all hand made) feel free to say 'Hi!' but I'm not a 'free hugger/high fiver'...

So like, going back to figures...anyone here been burned at an Expo and bought a bootleg by accident? (unless you don't mind'em...)
    Fic's
    Spoiler:

[11:37] <Wakarimaspin> Hahahaha, an NTR doujin by Tusia with three chapters. Chapter 1: Five and Leo share pure loving relationship, ends with Leo going on a trip and Five promising to wait for him
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 2: Exiku the temptress comes along and slowly erodes Five's yearning for Leo, and takes him in a moment of weakness. Ends with Leo returning to see what has happened

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Because I'm not a Londoner~

Anyways, I was there attending an event that required a weekend pass. If that was the kind of stuff going on I don't feel so bad about missing some of the panels there. When I saw Sakura figures. I thought of mike :<

There are quite a few Sakura figures. I have seen them, with my eyes. But then my vision was overwhelmed with Illya Nendroids so guess what I bought.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post
    Because I'm not a Londoner~

Anyways, I was there attending an event that required a weekend pass. If that was the kind of stuff going on I don't feel so bad about missing some of the panels there. When I saw Sakura figures. I thought of mike :<
    Come to think of it...there was a Fashion Show (or something involving fashion) going on at the same time as the Expo over that same weekend. There may have been other events though...there was Memorabilia, but that was done in association with the Expo :/

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    There are quite a few Sakura figures. I have seen them, with my eyes. But then my vision was overwhelmed with Illya Nendroids so guess what I bought.
    There were Ilya Nendoroids?! I know someone I know bought a Saber Nendoroid Puchi/Petit...which was a fake upon closer inspection...
    Fic's
    Spoiler: