Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Straight as an Arrow

TheSpy

Straight as an Arrow

~Straight as an Arrow~

I do not own, nor have I ever owned any of the characters or circumstances portrayed in this story. I am in no way profiting from this in any way aside from experience.

Fate/Stay Night x DC Animated Universe.

Prologue

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was times like this, times where they were too slow or too unprepared, that reminded Green Arrow just how human the League really was, despite its collective power.

For all their power, they hadn’t been able to do anything, they had been caught completely off guard, and now there were corpses piled up by the dozen, with the smell of death and smoke filled the air, making it hard to breathe but that wouldn’t deter him, not after the failure that had allowed this to happen.

He hated clean up in these sorts of places, the heat didn’t bother him, and neither did the smoke that seemed almost alive.

It was the constant reminder of how they had failed all these people.

Shifting rubble and putting out the remaining flames was all they could do now, it was already too late for anything else.

Arrow paused in his musings, his ears picking up the sound of laboured breathing, a sign that at least someone had survived inside this hell.

Running in the direction the sounds were coming from, Ollie immediately activated his comlink.

“I need a medic here now! I found a survivor!” And now that he actually saw the state they were in, and their apparent age, he felt a fresh surge of guilt in failing to protect these people.

“My god… He’s just a kid…” The boy, probably only around seven with bright red hair, was trapped under the corpse of an older man with his leg’s pinned by debris.

“Don’t worry kid; I’ll get you out of here.” He muttered, pushing the remains of the building of the kid’s legs, and rolling the corpse off him.

The child’s amber eyes stared up at him, empty of all signs of life, before closing.

xXx

It wasn’t until a few days later when the young boy, the sole survivor of the inferno that had raged within the city, emerged from the small coma he had fallen into.

“Finally awake, eh kid?” turning his head, the young red haired child met the masked gaze of the man who had saved him.

“Where am-” He tried to ask, before flinching at the intense pain in his throat.

“Here.” Green Arrow said, handing the kid a glass of water, making sure he wasn’t going to drop it, before letting go.

Nodding his head in silent thanks, his took his time, savouring the feeling of cold moisture flowing down the back of his throat before trying his question again.

“You’re in the Watch Tower, the home of the Justice League. We brought you here, because it has the best medical facilities available.” The Arrow replied, having known the question was coming from previous experiences with coming to in an unfamiliar environment.

“So, kid, you got a name?” The masked man asked, eyebrow rising as he did so, taking note of the frown that appeared on the boy’s face.

“…It’s Shirou, I can’t… remember my family name…” He looked slightly panicked at the thought, and Arrow was sure that, if he wasn’t still exhausted, he’d be in a hell of a larger panic.

“J'onn said something like this might happen…” Ollie muttered to himself; trying to work out a method for calming down a panicked child.

Fortunately, he was saved from having to do so by the arrival of his girlfriend.

“So the kid woke up?” Canary stated, more then asked, having already noticed the child’s slight panic.

“J’onn was right I take it?” Slight worry managing to creep into her voice, the kid had been the sole survivor of that fire, so perhaps the memory loss could be a good thing…

“Looks like.” Arrow said, having managed to somehow calm the boy down.

“So, kid, how would you like to come live with me?” It wasn’t much, but it was at least a start to making up for their failure.

xXx

“…Beginners luck.” Oliver Queen muttered, after watching the son he adopted, easily hit the bull’s eye of every target on the range, at 11 years old, with no previous training.

“Aw, don’t be like that Ollie!” Dinah Lance, also known as Black Canary, teased at her boyfriend, “He’s gonna get all depressed again.”

The younger flinched involuntarily at the reminder of his attitude in the beginning, and the cause of it.

“Hey! Even I wasn’t that good my first time!” Green arrow tried to defend himself, realising how futile it was, but not willing to sit back and take it either.

“Of course not, Shirou’s our little prodigy.” She teased, causing said boy to blush at the blatant praise his skill received.

“Anyway, the reason I’m out here is because the League want us to check some stuff out back in the states.” Canary said, her demeanour suddenly becoming all business.

“What!? But who’s going to look after the kid!” Ollie was nothing, if not a protective father.

Canary just smiled, “Batman called in a favour with Zatanna, so she’ll be keeping an eye on him.” She said, turning around and heading back into the Japanese styled mansion.

It was a nice house, Ollie had purchased from a Yakuza leader, named Fujimura Raiga, and while her first instinct as a hero had been to bust him, he was a criminal after all, but he was very good at keeping his family’s tracks covered, and always made sure to keep out of things like slave trafficking.

Apparently, the building had belonged to a man who had died in the fire, and nobody else had really wanted to buy it because of it.

Of course, after having bought the place, her boyfriend had decided he just had to put up an Archery range in the garden, to train Shirou he had said, but this was the first time he had actually followed up on it.

“Alright Arrow, enough with your pity party, and let’s go already. The sooner we finish up, the sooner you can get back to your moping.” She called back, noticing that Ollie had yet to follow after her.

“Yes dear… And I’m not moping!” He yelled, patting his son on the head, before chasing after Canary.

“…They’re weird.” Shirou muttered half-heartedly, before picking up his bow, and firing off three more shots, before heading back inside, ignoring the three bulls eyes he scored.

xXx
    Last edited by TheSpy; September 17th, 2011 at 12:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Going to have no swords, but I guess I like it.

TheSpy
    Quote Originally Posted by deviatesfish View Post
    Going to have no swords, but I guess I like it.
    You sure about that?

Blog Entries
    No growing up with(out) Kiritsugu.

TheSpy
    Quote Originally Posted by deviatesfish View Post
    No growing up with(out) Kiritsugu.
    He died, but after putting Avalon inside Shirou. A bridge collapsed on them.Actually, just a building.

Following up with that snippet from before huh? Or was that one a Green Lantern one? >.<

TheSpy
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    Following up with that snippet from before huh?
    This is that snippet, just... edited to serve as a prologue.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors shiningphoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpy View Post
    Actually, just a building.
    A bridge is a type of building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two drinks and an aphrodisiac away from assaulting an appropriately shaped piece of furniture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    "What does 'masturbate' mean? 'cause it's pretty obviously not a real word."

TheSpy
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    A bridge is a type of building.
    Touché

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Shirou is gonna end up outdoing the Green Arrow in the number of dangerous and tricky arrows and archery skills department.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors shiningphoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    Shirou is gonna end up outdoing the Green Arrow in the number of dangerous and tricky arrows and archery skills department.
    Sword arrow, sword arrow, and, just for a change, sword arrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two drinks and an aphrodisiac away from assaulting an appropriately shaped piece of furniture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    "What does 'masturbate' mean? 'cause it's pretty obviously not a real word."

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    ... there's a typo in the first line.

Oh... I can't wait for when Shirou ends up as Archer!!...

*trollface*

No, seriously... will he look like Robin Hood from Extra? Or anyway, will we see him?

Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Sword arrow, spear arrow, and, just for a change, axe arrow!
    Fix'd
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Quote Originally Posted by qsurf View Post
    Fix'd
    In a twist of fate, for more fun: Goln Nova, Rozudo Mezegis and Bodigar fired off from Galveira~

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Don't forget exploding sword arrow, knife/dagger turned into an arrow, and various modified weapons ^^
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

+ Hercule's bigass rock arrow.

U jelly, Green Arrow?

Seriously, what would Hercule's rocksword look like as an arrow?

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    I wan't Shirou to go see the Fortress of Solitude's Armory. How will Garcher be affected?
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by logiccosmic View Post
    + Hercule's bigass rock arrow.

U jelly, Green Arrow?

Seriously, what would Hercule's rocksword look like as an arrow?
    Big-ass rock being fired like an arrow?

And this story is relevant to my interests.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

A bow firing an arrow made from a giant rock sword that was originally a bow that could shoot a hundred arrows at once? My head hurts.

JP Friend Code
    Archer is going to be a green knight?
    Support list (it's a big one lol)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler: