Page 230 of 252 FirstFirst ... 130180220225228229230231232235240 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 5024

Thread: Mass Effect

Blog Entries
    I dunno, I still have a hard time with how the combat looks. Maybe this will get better actually played, but it still looks sort of jerky in the animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    I have a hard time with how everything looks. Why are all the characters so ugly? You're supposedly a AAA studio BW god damn.

Blog Entries
    I'd say it's just bioware faces but everyone in Inquisition looked great! And it's the same engine even, so let's just chalk it up to how the development is apparently fucked.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Inquisition and Andromeda both still have BioWare Hair at least, which I still don't understand.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Has anyone made good hair without boning performance? I know Witcher did a decent job, but they made it an entire graphics switch that cost like 15 fps so that sure isn't worth it.

Banned
    It's not just hair, it's pretty much everything. This industry has Naughty Dog, CDProjeckt, and Crystal Dynamics, none of whom have the kind of cash that Bioware should have access to, christ.

Blog Entries
    It still doesn't have to be that bloody shiny though. Can they not just cut down its reflective property a bit?
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    It's not just hair, it's pretty much everything. This industry has Naughty Dog, CDProjeckt, and Crystal Dynamics, none of whom have the kind of cash that Bioware should have access to, christ.
    To be fair, BioWare's historical attitude toward graphics has been distinctly indifferent, as it has been for most WRPG developers. That's the preserve of FPS and action companies. Budget presumably is prioritised for adding areas and quests instead of increasing poly count.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Banned
    Bioware is more of an action game dev than an RPG dev these days.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's just that one )new) trailer that's weird. The models are odd in it for the scene showed; in the other one everything looks mostly fine.

There's also the common problem of all animation looking terrible out of context, but I doubt it'll be that bad. You can compare the DAI E3 trailer to one made just before the game's release, and see a similar shift in quality:

It seems BW was actually rather cagey about showing much facial animation in DAI trailers until a certain point; no doubt with MEA it's also one of the last things they're working on. I'd anticipate that shortly before release we'll get a video about characters/etc as opposed to gameplay, and it'll give a better idea of what the animation should look like.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    oh, come on, picking 'numerous' deaths gives me kaidan, that's offensive

Blog Entries
    Also, as a side note on political economy, something that I was inspired to look up on the wiki:

Mass Effect Earth, round about 2180, is 11.5 billion. Compared to this, the colonies are peanuts. The next largest Human-majority colonies are:

Bekenstein: 5.4 mil
    Terra Nova: 4.4 mil
    Eden Prime: 4.2 mil
    The Moon: 4.1 mil
    Mars: 3.4 mil
    Benning: 2.25 mil
    Horizon: ~1 mil

In terms of Alliance space, there is almost nothing out there but automated resource collection - total human population outside of Earth (as conjecture) may not even reach 50 million, and certainly isn't over 100 million - which would only be 1% of the population on Earth.

so I want mass effect writers to stop ignoring earth nations like they're some kind of sideshow because India alone has over ten times as many people are in space but politics sigh

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Also, as a side note on political economy, something that I was inspired to look up on the wiki:

Mass Effect Earth, round about 2180, is 11.5 billion. Compared to this, the colonies are peanuts. The next largest Human-majority colonies are:

In terms of Alliance space, there is almost nothing out there but automated resource collection - total human population outside of Earth (as conjecture) may not even reach 50 million, and certainly isn't over 100 million - which would only be 1% of the population on Earth.

so I want mass effect writers to stop ignoring earth nations like they're some kind of sideshow because India alone has over ten times as many people are in space but politics sigh
    The problem is that ME writers don't have a good sense of scale, and rushed the timeline for Humanity's advancement into space way too much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    The problem is that ME writers don't have a good sense of scale, and rushed the timeline for Humanity's advancement into space way too much.
    To be fair, given the timeline of, what, 30-50 years or so, at least the numbers make sense, given that, so some credit. But then there's a weird implication that technology from Earth 2100 is really not that far behind the rest of the galaxy - which itself maybe isn't that weird considering that there's a Star-Wars esque implication of general technological stagnation for the last while. So who knows, the setting is a bit funky in the corners if you don't just assume that everyone was sitting on their ass before we came round.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I dunno, I still have a hard time with how the combat looks. Maybe this will get better actually played, but it still looks sort of jerky in the animations.
    it's fine IMO

ME3 was already pretty fast and this just looks like a more fluid version of that.

At least it looks like they got rid of some of the jank. Multiplayer probably gave them tons of player data to mine, and they realized that nobody uses the cover system because it's bad and slow.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, given the timeline of, what, 30-50 years or so, at least the numbers make sense, given that, so some credit. But then there's a weird implication that technology from Earth 2100 is really not that far behind the rest of the galaxy - which itself maybe isn't that weird considering that there's a Star-Wars esque implication of general technological stagnation for the last while. So who knows, the setting is a bit funky in the corners if you don't just assume that everyone was sitting on their ass before we came round.
    I liked the part where they tried to explain ME2's new ammo gameplay by saying that someone realized that thermal clips were a good idea, so the entire galaxy switched their guns in a year

Blog Entries
    Which is bullshit because if they were going to mass adopt anything it should have been Double Frictionless Materials X, just shoot that fucker for days

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    it's fine IMO

ME3 was already pretty fast and this just looks like a more fluid version of that.

At least it looks like they got rid of some of the jank. Multiplayer probably gave them tons of player data to mine, and they realized that nobody uses the cover system because it's bad and slow.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked the part where they tried to explain ME2's new ammo gameplay by saying that someone realized that thermal clips were a good idea, so the entire galaxy switched their guns in a year
    It was a good enough gameplay change that I forgive them, though they really should have just had the balls to straight up retcon.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kind of funny that the fourth and fifth biggest human colonies are Mars and the Moon. It's like colonizing the garden shed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It feels like there are kind of way too few people in the colonies. Most of Earth is implied to be something of an overcrowded shithole (but Vancouver is super pretty ofc <3) yet it has billions living there still. You'd think people would hope on the first shuttle out as soon as they find a good opportunity, especially before terrorist attacks became big (Terra Nova, Saren at Eden Prime).

Speaking of, do we ever get a figure on how many ships and people are in the Alliance navy?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Isn't that the same for every species though? The homeworlds are waay more populated than the colonies. Like, even the asari worlds, which presumably have been inhabited the longest.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, from the stats I trawled from the wiki, the most populous asari colony has a pop of 2.2 billion compared to Thessia's 5 billion. And that's after (presumably) thousands of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.