Page 238 of 252 FirstFirst ... 138188228233236237238239240243248 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 5024

Thread: Mass Effect

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    This is a bad comparison though, because it implies that you in equal terms want to play those other games. It's not like movies.
    You want to play Nier. It's not a question.

Banned
    Also that yes.

e: with the caveat that I haven't had hands on myself and am judging based on gathered information, it's possible that when I get it I will have to take this back and say that NA is a tire fire (but probably not)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    I mean even if this didn't look like a COMPLETE turd I just don't see why you'd preorder something so iffy when its launch window is surrounded by total slam dunks. I guess if you're PC-only it's just up against Nier, but even just Nier turns it inside out and uses it as a sock puppet.
    I got both. I could care less. Derp.

So what if the animation's janky. Just play the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    I got both. I could care less. Derp.

So what if the animation's janky. Just play the game.
    I, surprisingly, don't want to play a game which by all shown footage and reports has bad writing, bad gameplay, and looks like a cheap last gen title.

If it just LOOKED kinda shitty that'd be one thing, but it apparently also brings nothing ELSE to the table.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To which I would counter that you did not, in all likelihood, enjoy playing the last entry of this series. The last entry, it is worth remembering, having much more of actual Bioware behind it (sans Hudson, the doctors, etc, Bioware now is basically an EA shell company), and I believe both a much larger budget and dev time. Thus the question becomes, besides the literal name itself, is there something about this game that you want, or a reason you have to expect it will be good? No, not really. So why preorder? If it comes out and turns out to be good after all, sure, whatever, but if it looks terrible, and the press is saying it's terrible, and the streamers/yters getting it early are saying it's terrible, then why, pray tell, shell out 60 right out the gate?
    This is an empty point, my dude, because if you actually paid attention to this thread then you'd know that I love ME3 for a number of reasons. Even in general terms, the huge controversy about the ending has vanished now save for some people keeping up a crusade, and it's been a whole five years since ME3 came out. People who played it as just another AAA game - which is the demographic I'm assuming part of your post is about - have more than likely just forgotten.

Now, all that aside, I do think it's hilarious that EA not only delayed the game once, but then proceeded to let it go out to market in this state. I find it genuinely amazing that either this wasn't picked up on in development (which says a lot about the development process) or it was and was ignored until it became controversial at which point nothing could feasibly be done (which says a lot about the marketing process).
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Maybe everybody seems so unnatural because this takes place after the nonsensical green ending and everybody in the universe is a not-quite-human-enough hippie cyborg now.

Banned
    This is an empty point, my dude, because if you actually paid attention to this thread then you'd know that I love ME3 for a number of reasons. Even in general terms, the huge controversy about the ending has vanished now save for some people keeping up a crusade, and it's been a whole five years since ME3 came out. People who played it as just another AAA game - which is the demographic I'm assuming part of your post is about - have more than likely just forgotten.

Now, all that aside, I do think it's hilarious that EA not only delayed the game once, but then proceeded to let it go out to market in this state. I find it genuinely amazing that either this wasn't picked up on in development (which says a lot about the development process) or it was and was ignored until it became controversial at which point nothing could feasibly be done (which says a lot about the marketing process).
    As I said, Bioware has been hollowed out to the point of nearly being a shell company. I would be unsurprised if not long after this game goes out the studio is shuttered, like so many EA acquisitions of the past. Being put out as-is could easily just be them saying "fuck it."

Blog Entries
    I, surprisingly, don't want to play a game which by all shown footage and reports has bad writing, bad gameplay, and looks like a cheap last gen title.

If it just LOOKED kinda shitty that'd be one thing, but it apparently also brings nothing ELSE to the table.
    OK. I haven't seen any of this shown footage nor read these reports and don't care to, but how far did they get into the game before saying this and that are bad? 3 hours? 5? 10?

I dunno 'bout that.

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry if it's 2017 and after so many years I'm numb to "Evil Corp EA Strikes Again!!" posts.

Anyhow, this is a pretty decent article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#69c6c106690e
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Banned
    Or well, I say shuttered but I suppose more accurately rather than trashing the whole company they'd just close one branch or two. Austin would probably remain because it is on "churn out TOR shit" duty.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it looks like Andromeda is from BW Montreal so they're probably totally fine, Montreal gives insane benefits to devs and publishers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    OK. I haven't seen any of this shown footage nor read these reports and don't care to, but how far did they get into the game before saying this and that are bad? 3 hours? 5? 10?

I dunno 'bout that.
    I mean you can't really say "I haven't looked at any evidence and will continue to ignore it" and then ask a question. Kind of contradicting yourself with that position.

Blog Entries
    Lord, calm the hysterics, the human modeling looks off, everything else is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    That's like saying "Everything looks fine, it's just the hair that isn't tessellated and physics-enabled." Literally unplayable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Lord, calm the hysterics, the human modeling looks off, everything else is fine.
    Unless this game has some insane mid-act twist that turns it into the greatest RPG ever made, no, not really. All the writing I've seen is, at its very best, boilerplate Bioware (and much of it not even to that standard).

Which, if you're after that, then sure I guess?

Blog Entries
    I find it incredibly fitting that BioWare Montreal made the janky art and animation for MEA and Ubisoft Montreal made the janky art and animation for AC: Unity. Everyone in Canada knows that Quebecois can't animate for shit, not even cartoons.

Especially not cartoons, heurgh.

Banned
    Oh I guess there are also those crazy people that just want more ME3 multiplayer and if you're there then from what I've heard you're getting a slightly better version of that so hooray for you.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    The romance options won't be very enjoyable if every potential love interest looks like he or she hails from the uncanny valley.

EDIT: Well, at least Jaal looks OK.

Blog Entries
    Unless this game has some insane mid-act twist that turns it into the greatest RPG ever made
    Boy if 5~ hours into the game is closing in on mid-way I can at least say I'll be disappointed!

But more seriously, everything out currently represents a review of the first few hours of the game, no full reviews are out yet. This is something rightly criticized in the good Forbes article I linked that everyone with an opinion in this should read. I personally discount the RPS review, myself; the way it's written and the language used is clearly meant to attract attention by being super negative and get clicks for that, there's not much genuine substance to it outside the salt. It's a terrible article and the author should feel bad.

Blog Entries
    Unless this game has some insane mid-act twist that turns it into the greatest RPG ever made, no, not really. All the writing I've seen is, at its very best, boilerplate Bioware (and much of it not even to that standard).

Which, if you're after that, then sure I guess?
    Everything else ​in the graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Boy if 5~ hours into the game is closing in on mid-way I can at least say I'll be disappointed!

But more seriously, everything out currently represents a review of the first few hours of the game, no full reviews are out yet. This is something rightly criticized in the good Forbes article I linked that everyone with an opinion in this should read. I personally discount the RPS review, myself; the way it's written and the language used is clearly meant to attract attention by being super negative and get clicks for that, there's not much genuine substance to it outside the salt. It's a terrible article and the author should feel bad.
    EA has absolutely nobody but themselves to blame for their own embargos. As for the "they just shit on it for attention" angle, RPS is a legit press outlet, not Youtuberxx420StopTheDeepState.

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    The romance options won't be very enjoyable if every potential love interest looks like he or she hails from the uncanny valley.

EDIT: Well, at least Jaal looks OK.
    beauty is on the inside