Page 1 of 252 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect

Blog Entries

Mass Effect

This here is the thread for Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and the upcoming Mass Effect 3. How such an awesome series of games didn't have it's own topic yet I don't know, but there ya go, now we do.

A few wiki links for the unaware:

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect wikia page

And some news about ME3:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher3au,Aug 21 2011, 10:31 AM
    Just found the Q&A summaries from Gamescon regarding Mass Effect 3...

- The engineer was showcased, using both Incinerate and Cryo Blast. The heavy melee attack is an incinerating omni-blade.

Cool.

- Liara gets picked up and crushed by the Atlas mech. Apparently not wise to stand near it.

Kind of a no-brainer, that one.

- The CE Robot dog is possible to interact with aboard the Normandy, like having it follow you around, play fetch and it apparently has a story to it. No details on whether it's combat able or not though.

Dawww...

It'd be cool if it was combat-capable...it does look to be pretty much just a Fenris mech, after all.

- Character creator will get a lot more hair styles and facial features in ME3. So expect the hairstyles from the femShep competition to make it into the CC.

Hmm...

- They are considering an Uber achievement for all three games. What that is exactly is they don't know, but they want to reward their long term fans.

Whatever it is, I hope it isn't something like 'Full Insanity Run'.

- All squad mates will get their story and closure for ME3 even if they might not be a permanent squad member.

Good to hear.

- We'll see more of the Yahg.

Oh, god...well, at least they can't be as well-armed and armored as the Shadow Broker was...

OH GOD, NOT YAHG HUSKS!?

- Not loyalty of people, but loyalty of races. Less focus on building loyalty with squad members and more on the various races. So expect previous loyalty and decisions to play a part in this.

No surprise there. By my count, the only two RACES that have acknowledged the Reaper threat and are actively preparing for it are the Rachni and the Geth, and the Geth still have issues to work out with the Quarians.

- XP system goes back to ME1. No details but they won't do the mission summary XP from ME2.

Okay.

- The fate of the squad mates will not always be up to the player and decisions that feels right can prove to be harmful.

Uh oh. I know there's probably going to be a Golden 'save every race, save every squad mate' ending...but I get the feeling it's going to be very difficult to wrangle.

- The banter will be increased significantly since the squad member group is smaller this time.

Nice. I hope it something along the lines of Dragon Age II's party banter. That was one of the few things I can praise that game for.

- The ending of ME3 will give closure to the trilogy so don't expect answers on post ME3 DLC until the game is out.

You know what I'd like to see for post ME3 DLC? Shepard gets captured by Batarian soldiers for his/her part in annihilating that system in Arrival, and you take control of Garrus as he leads a team to save Shepard. Of course, Garrus and company would probably break into the Batarian base to find Shepard is in the process of breaking OUT of it, leading to a 'Recruit Jack' type mission where you've got to fight your way through the path of destruction Shepard is leaving in his/her wake...man, that'd be cool...

- There will not be an SDK after Mass Effect 3.

Okay...that'll probably annoy some people, but whatever...

- Joker EDI romance is being "looked at".

And suddenly, EDI having control over Joker's 'leather seats' takes on a whole new meaning. Ik.

- Aside from the Krogan princess, we will apparently not see female counterparts of turians, salarians and so on in ME3 either.

Oh, come on already.

- Thane is still alive in ME3. (if he survived Collector Base)

Wow...for a guy that was resigned to his fate, he's really hanging on there.

- Kelly Chambers will return.

What a relief...I don't know how I'd manage if she wasn't there to tell me I had new messages. :P

Seriously though, if she's on the Normandy...how'd she manage to get a posting to an Alliance ship?

- Romance between Joker and Shepard is a case of "you have to play it to see it"

Death by snuu snuu?

- If Hammerhead or Mako returns it's closer to critical path missions. Don't expect exploration using these vehicles.

Wasn't a fan of driving around in the Mako, but that was more the map design than anything else. The Hammerhead was fun, though.

- The Normandy will be upgraded by the Systems Alliance, so resource gathering for the ship is not likely this time.

Cool, though I've also heard from elsewhere that resource gathering was still in the game...just checking...yeah, Casey Hudson said that the mining mechanic will be 'changed'. Though that was a couple of months ago, they might have changed their minds.

- The geth quarian conflict will be concluded.

No surprise there. I hope it can be resolved peacefully; I'm kinda fond of those guys.

- Existing music from ME1 and ME2 will make its way into ME3.

Nice, both games had some cool tunes...though I get the feeling it''ll just mean more options for the radio in the Captain's quarters.

- Side quests will pretty much always be in line with the critical path story.

Makes sense; the Galaxy is under assault, Shepard doesn't really have time to be running errands for pocket change.

Classes will get new powers with up to six different ways to customize each power.

Sounds interesting. Well, more interesting than the option to just pick more damage or a wider area of effect, at least.

- Squad mates appearances and armor will be possible to customize again.

I will pay cash for the option to put Kaiden in a Elvis-style white jumpsuit.

On a more serious note, I wonder if this means that you get to keep the clothing options you had in ME2; the loyalty and DLC outfits.

- Seems Cerberus will be a full blown antagonist and not possible to align with in ME3.

NO SHIT! REALLY!?

- They have DECIDED about whether you'll get to see Tali's face or not.

And they've probably decided 'no'.

- There may be time sensitive story elements though it will be more focused ones like the Normandy crew.

Ooh...that'll ratchet up the tension.

- ME3 will make you cry!

It already has; when I found out the release date had been pushed back from 'this year around Christmas' to 'next year'.

- There will be a larger variety of environments compared to ME2.

Nice. ME2 had a good variety of environments, but you did spend a lot of time on garden planets, and you really had to go out of your way to find some of those other worlds.

- Heavy melee will pretty much always kill a target, but defensive factors like armor, barriers and shields will affect the outcome. Also don't try to melee an Atlas mech.

Okay...important safety tip. Thanks Egon.

- There will be mini games though no announcements.

Hacking.

- We may see Quarians without masks. Whether that would include Tali or not was left unsaid.

Yeah...no.

- The choices you make in the trial at the beginning of ME3 will set the tone for the future in the game.

Here's to being a belligerent asshole! But nah, I'll be full Paragon, as usual.

- James Vega's voice actor will be announced really soon and is apparently a closely guarded secret, since he's really awesome.

...James Earl Jones? Probably not, though that would be hilarious. Patrick Warburton?

- Indoctrination seem to play a role in ME3, possibly including party members.

OH SHIIIIII-

- Kal'Reegar will return in ME3.

- They are discussing possibilities of missions that ties back to your background choice for Shepard.

Well, seeing as how Spacer Shepard's mum is Captain of the Fifth Fleet's Flagship, I imagine that could have awesome potential. Earther Shepard...you get some help from the Tenth Street Reds at a critical moment?

- You have a lot more romance options in ME3. Possibly not limited to party members.

Garrus, Tali, Liara...the return of Kaiden or Ash...James Vega is apparently going to be romanceable by either gender...vague possibility of Joker...yeah. I thought they said 'no new romances'?

- You will be able to change class if you import your ME2 Shepard to ME3. Though you will have to start from Lvl 1 while kept class will get Import+ perks.

Well, that's of little use to me; I've already got fully completed Infiltrator, Soldier, and Vanguard runs, with Adept and Engineer runs half-done. Good to hear there'll be import perks again.

- Legion will return with a larger role in ME3.

Fuck. Yes. It was always a shame you got him so late in the game.

- There may be a 'special' import for saves where Shepard died. The interest is clearly too big for them to simply ignore such a treat.

What, like Kaiden or Ash trying to halt the Reapers without Shepard and a Normandy crammed to the gills with badasses...kind of like a Darkspawn Chronicles for the Mass Effect universe?

...as I recall, the good guys lost horribly in the Darkspawn Chronicles...

- Miranda will be back and has unfinished business with Shepard.

They said exactly the same thing about Tali. Though I am wondering how they'll handle love interest that don't make it into Shepard's team in ME3...Jacob, Miranda, Jack, Thane...Samara, a little.

- Shepard's SPECTRE status will play part in ME3 and change things if you had the status reinstated in ME2.

Well, all of my Shepards thus far have had their Spectre status reinstated...for the little THAT's worth.

- Conrad Verner's back.

Last I heard, he was running the 'Shepards' charity...be good to see him again, if he manages to keep his head on straight.

- Normandy will be the SR-2 with an Alliance paint and some redesigned interiors. Joker will apparently be happy with it.

He would. "Ah...back in Alliance colors...WITH LEATHER SEATS!" He might be annoyed at having to wear pants at all times again, though.

- How many team mates you speak to at the same time aboard the Normandy depends on the context of the missions.
    - You'll have debriefings after each mission that are deeper than ME2, but you are still likely to only talk to the squad mates one on one outside of that.

Cool. I missed the after-mission briefings you had with the crew in ME1.

So, let's kick this one off with some discussion most vital:

What do you want to see in Mass Effect 3?

Also, PICS:

Spoiler:

Who do you prefer?

Last edited by Marth; September 17th, 2011 at 09:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mass Effect 3? I WANT TO PUNCH A REAPER.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Mass Effect 3? I WANT TO PUNCH A REAPER.
    Like this?

Blog Entries
    YES

LIKE THAT
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

My current ME2 run has my Paragon!Shepard romancing Garrus. Killed of Kaidan for Ash since Ash looks drool-worthy in ME3.

Blog Entries
    ^^ I admit, that would be beyond awesome. I would probably never finish ME3 then, as I'd die of a heart attack from too much AWESOME exposure.

Blog Entries
    Or even better: omnitool hidden blade stab Reaper!

ME3 will be like Prototype. You can hit Reapers with a flying karate kick. WHAT THE F*** ELSE DO YOU WANT?!

Also, played Paragon Sentinel with a few Renegade actions on first playthru, cuz I like being a tank and punching things in the face.

Blog Entries
    I'ma leave these here~

Images are XBOX HUEG when viewed individually ('View Image'). You've been warned.
    Spoiler:

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I am excited. 'nuff said.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am looking forward to this, thoroughly.

I'm actually glad it was delayed, since that means I don't have to make a decision between it and Skyrim.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have long since preordered Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition.

Need more Kasumi and Zaeed. Especially Zaeed.

Need MOAR Kasumi stalking Jacob.

Glad to hear I'll be getting MOAR Legion. Needed that.

Need more Shepard/Grunt parent/child bonding. Yes, I had an odd, fatherly affection for little Grunt.

Favorite love interests? Ashley and Miranda.

But if I could have Samara, I'd drop them both in a hot second.

PLZ LET ME HAVE SAMARA BIOWARE ;C;

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Z

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Blog Entries
    Fuck Samara, you can keep her!

Gimme sum Morinth! =3=

Quote Originally Posted by Marth View Post
    I bet he would.

Needs moar "Punch them in the face" dialog options.

I agree, we need more scenes where you can just knock people the fuck out, and I want more Thane/Sheppard interogations.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post

Glad to hear I'll be getting MOAR Legion. Needed that.
    In-fucking-deed, Legion is awesome.

PLZ LET ME HAVE SAMARA BIOWARE ;C;

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Z
    I share your thoughts on this, Theo, but I doubt that it will happen...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marth View Post

Gimme sum Morinth! =3=
    I would gladly do so, but Bioware decided to insert a biotic cockblock. ;_;

And you can keep your heartless, evil bitch.

*Can never like Morinth because of Nef.*

Quote Originally Posted by Hoster View Post
    I agree, we need more scenes where you can just knock people the fuck out, and I want more Thane/Sheppard interrogations.
    Also needs moar threats to cut people's balls off and sell them to Krogans.

Blog Entries
    Inb4 Shepard sells a bag of testicles to Wrex.

Seriously, am I the only one who had a weird, parental affection for Grunt?

Shepard + Tank Mother = OTP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    I would gladly do so, but Bioware decided to insert a biotic cockblock. ;_;

And you can keep your heartless, evil bitch.

*Can never like Morinth because of Nef.*
    Renegade!Shep cares not for your foolish Nef.

My Renegade Shep didn't like Morinth because Death By Snoo Snoo.

Then again, my Renegade Shep also doesn't like most people because he didn't get the chance to punch them in the face.