Page 246 of 252 FirstFirst ... 146196236241244245246247248251 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 5024

Thread: Mass Effect

Blog Entries
    But there's no Miranda?
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No random butt-shots during conversations with Cora, I'm afraid.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    How's the writing of this one, overall?
    I think I'm close to the end at this point, and have been doing most of the side quests along the way. It's mostly a mixed bag. Some of it makes me groan, but then there's some really good scenes here and there that make up for it.

I still don't like Ryder that much. It's like he lacks a backbone. He's a big pushover sometimes and there's really nothing you can do about it. And some of his lines (while admittedly funny) are just kind of goofy, and seem out of place. I get that he's not military like Shepard, but regardless, he can be pretty embarrassing.

The crew has grown on me a lot. The ambient dialogue on the ship (and off, when you're on missions) between your crew members can be pretty great.

The main plot is whatever. It's been mostly predictable and the antagonist is certainly turning out to be the weakest one yet. I do like the interactions with the Angara though.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Does he feel embarrassing in the my-dad-never-had-much-time-for-me-when-i-was-a-kid way, or does he feel embarrassing in the writers-aren't-amazing-with-writing way?

I guess what I'm asking is, does his dialogue feel bad because it's badly written, or because he's a well written awkward guy well out of his depth most of the time?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Banned
    The Ryders constantly spout shit like "I'm turning this car around" if 2 other party members bicker and what have you.

Make of that what you will.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That could be funny once or twice, but in a game that size it's gonna happen a couple hundred times eventually, isn't it.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Does he feel embarrassing in the my-dad-never-had-much-time-for-me-when-i-was-a-kid way, or does he feel embarrassing in the writers-aren't-amazing-with-writing way?

I guess what I'm asking is, does his dialogue feel bad because it's badly written, or because he's a well written awkward guy well out of his depth most of the time?
    A bit of both? It's obvious they're trying to make him look like he's out of his element, and some scenes reflect that. But then there's also stuff like Rodyle mentioned. I've seen him say that a few times by now.

minor spoilers?
    There's one moment where you are with an Angaran squad and about to infiltrate a massive kett compound. A shield is blocking the entrance and SAM needs to disable it. It takes a while and Ryder just goes "please don't embarrass me in front of my new friends"

I admit, in the moment, I laughed... but still, why. There's a lot of 'meme xD' dialogue like that.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Kinda reminds me of Watchdogs 2. I heard a lot of people say the Ecks Dee Hackermanz 1990sMemelord style of dialogue was really cringeworthy, but then the other 50% went "they're literally a group of dysfunctional nerds who don't get out of their basements, it'd be badly written if they weren't awkward".
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Banned
    WD2 has some decent bits to it from what I watched of it but whenever they outright referenced something it was always a huge thud.

As for this, Vetra seems cool I guess?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    The Ryders constantly spout shit like "I'm turning this car around" if 2 other party members bicker and what have you.

Make of that what you will.
    I've literally never had this
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I've literally never had this
    Most of the banter I hear is cut off halfway through by running over a random rock in the Nomad.

Blog Entries
    I feel you there.

Speaking of frustrations, I wish MP players would remember the lessons of ME3. Especially the one that seemed to have got through most people's heads by a few months in, namely, don't rush the extraction zone as soon as it spawns.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I feel you there.

Speaking of frustrations, I wish MP players would remember the lessons of ME3. Especially the one that seemed to have got through most people's heads by a few months in, namely, don't rush the extraction zone as soon as it spawns.
    I would have accepted 'do the objective' first.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Also, why are the shortcuts in this game the literal worst. Escape to confirm???
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Huh. If you get a tattoo they give your sibling a matching one. Kinda neat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I think I'm close to the end at this point, and have been doing most of the side quests along the way.
    How is this even possible, I'm barely on the third planet

マリーの味方
    i actually underestimated how long the game was, there's still two more planets for me to do

still, I played the 10 hour trial, used a proxy to play the full game earlier, and have been playing mostly exclusively just this since then

Blog Entries
    I mean same for me, it's just a huge game and I'm also doing sidequests to make sure I miss nothing.

Also seriously considering going Engineer because all these turrets are super cool.

Blog Entries
    10 hours in. Just finished Eos.

Sara is so awkward. Thinking of romancing either Vetra or Suvi.

Blog Entries
    Suvi's supposed to be a Kelly/that ME3 reporter-type romance, where she doesn't conflict, so you could do both!

That said, her conversation immediately after Eos is very awkward, and I hope it's not indicative of how your interactions with her as a whole are meant to go. (I suppose it's interesting to think if restricting you to two diametrically opposed options when a situation could call for nuance is meant to reflect Ryder's awkwardness, but I lean towards just bad writing).

E: Allers, that was it.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair