Page 251 of 251 FirstFirst ... 151201241246249250251
Results 5,001 to 5,017 of 5017

Thread: Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Not a single time did I get any of those glitches. At most I suffered minor annoyances because a couple NPC lines didn't play, or the directional sound messed up so companions were essentially shouting across a room to little effect.
    "There's a flu epidemic"

"Well /I/ feel fine!"

As someone who loves New Vegas, I have done this too, but that's what this is

You're stupidity is terminal Five_X's Avatar
    Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    The fact of the matter is, any glitches that were there are being or have been fixed. All is good, it's nothing to be particularly bothered by.
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Well if you ever want to make good posts, you know where to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Canada might be the ideal.
    [11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Friend Code
    I mean yeah the fact that it was so glitchy on launch is something to be bothered by, it doesn't retroactively make it acceptable

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I mean yeah the fact that it was so glitchy on launch is something to be bothered by, it doesn't retroactively make it acceptable
    Somewhere, Bethesda's entire studio started laughing, for no reason.

Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Never said it was acceptable to begin with, it's just not that bad. It's possible to have a full playthrough without encountering any serious issues, and generally what's wrong with the game can and seemingly will be fixed - as opposed to things that are simply too fundamental to be changed, like ME3's sloppily-done ending and final mission, ME1's janky combat, or DA2's pacing and handful of repeating dungeons.
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sentinel and Adept still suck in 3.

Then again Sentinel has the distinction of not having been fun in basically any of the games so I guess we can't really count that (unless you NG+ Sentinel in 1 with Singularity but then you're just an Adept)
    Mle Sentinel was sweet in 3. Granted, like in this game, there were enemies you couldn't get up close to because of sodding sync kills, but that equally goes for the Vanguard and no-one says that's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Also- I'm not 100% sure about this, but they talked about this in the Cooptional Podcast- apparently Ryder's lines vary over the game. If you constantly pick sarcastic lines throughout the game, you'll end up with more sarcastic-sounding lines towards the mid and end game. Anybody confirm?
    I can't confirm, but given that the dialogue system has taken significant inspiration from DA2 which did this, and goes so far as to show you the stats for how often you've taken a particular tack, I would be surprised if it weren't true.

Speaking of playstyles and ME1, I've been really appreciating the fact that we can once again advance on static bases and then start taking people's heads off from a few hundred metres away. You never really got to do distance sniping in ME2 or 3.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries

bioware buff damage ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also, don't stand in a corner getting hit by Wraiths.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    The fact that he needs to mag dump an AR to kill a faction's trash mob is pretty depressing all on its own, even if, yes, there is no reason you should ever be cornered with the ability to do wicked sick dash outplays.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I can't confirm, but given that the dialogue system has taken significant inspiration from DA2 which did this, and goes so far as to show you the stats for how often you've taken a particular tack, I would be surprised if it weren't true.
    At least there's no boring-arse binary Paragon/Renegade system. It's a big step up when your game goes from "MINIONS, MURDER THIS MAN ON THE MAIN STREET OF THE CITADEL" to distrustful jerk who'll nevertheless help find your missing cargo/husband/the medicine you stole to keep your sibling from dying.

Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Agree that basic-level enemies are way too tough. Their health pools should be knocked down and their numbers increased a bit, if anything. They're already difficult to deal with unless you're using a sniper, which at times feels like the only valid gun play style.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    At least there's no boring-arse binary Paragon/Renegade system. It's a big step up when your game goes from "MINIONS, MURDER THIS MAN ON THE MAIN STREET OF THE CITADEL" to distrustful jerk who'll nevertheless help find your missing cargo/husband/the medicine you stole to keep your sibling from dying.
    Besides that being a jerk space racist would be perfect for this game. "Big coincidence that the Human ark was the only one that didn't get totally fucked up" and all

Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Firefighters quest did actually make me want to play someone who is terrified of having an AI stuck in their head, but that's not really a choice.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Although, that being said, Ryder's transition from dork to hero is legitimately the best protagonist Bioware ever wrote, so that was a bright spot.

Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I can't confirm, but given that the dialogue system has taken significant inspiration from DA2 which did this

Yeah I immediately recognized that!

Similarly, the Profiles system closely resembles Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning which did the same thing. Even down to changing your dodge animation for specific classes, heh.

Anyway now that these patches are coming I'm gonna go finish my final ME3 playthrough and play Andormeda MP on the side, and restart the campaign once it all looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Well there's also the reports that patches have not actually resulted in LESS bugs, just DIFFERENT ones.

Friend Code
    What are you, stupid?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    Well there's also the reports that patches have not actually resulted in LESS bugs, just DIFFERENT ones.
    Well,

they are bugs.