Page 1 of 187 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beast's Lair Dare Thread (Pick Your Poison)

Blog Entries

The Beast's Lair Dare Thread (Pick Your Poison)

This thread is dedicated to one simple thing, daring other fellow forumites into writing and type of fic you want. There are three simple rules and please try to follow them as best you can.

The first is that the fics you dare someone to writ have to be one-shots no need to do full fledged fics though if the person dared wants to then they are welcome to do so.

The second is that you can dare anyone but be aware that if they actually follow through on the dare and complete the fic no matter how bad it is, they now get to dare you to write anything they want. The only difference is you are now obligated to actually write the fic.

And the third rule is try to keep them within reason, crack fics of all natures and wonder are allowed but don't be mean now.

Now ladies and gentlemen, let the dares Begin!

I'll start, I dare Velsper to write a crack fic where Roa gets thrown in Sasaki's servant body and has to go through the grail war.

gothic_dolly dares Tobias: Aoko x Shiki epilogue

Tobias dares gothic_dolly: Saber vs Taiga Showdown at the Dojo

Lyco dares IRUn take #1: Dust of Osiris x Avenger, with Caren voyeur

RadiantBeam dares Aiden: Sakura x Rin Consolation Prize

Leo dares NewAgeofPower: Gilgamesh Arcueid Romance

Lantz dares Leo: Shiki, Satsunjinki, and Arc enter the war to try and remove her bloodlust

Xamusel dares Santo: Saber x Shirou non-Grail setting

Suncofold dares Elf: Archer and Gilgamesh engage in a furious game of Yugioh

Tobias dares Elf: Archer x Taiga romance scene.

Elf dares Tobias: Sakura the matchmaker for Archer x Rin

mangafreak dares ThisLoserisYou: Shirou x Joan of Arc in an angsty tale

NewAgeOfPower dares Arashi_Leonhart: Team Tohsaka vs Team Fraga, Seihai Champion Shooter Series

Aiden dares RadiantBeam: Shirou x Maiya, dark-horse story

Arashi_Leonhart dares NewAgeOfPower: Shiki, the Super-Duper-Ultra-Ninja-Utility-Boyfriend™ (AKA Batman II)

lethum dares Hymn of Ragnarok: Fem!Gil x Shirou going to the beach

IRUN dares Aiden: Illya x Shirou fluff

Legoguydude dares Kieran: Gil vs Arc

ThisLoserisYou dares Black Sword: Saber Servant of Kohaku

Legoguydude dares Black Sword: Kariya with full Matou training

Elf dares Hymn of Ragnarok: Ilya talks to Archer's soul in Heaven's Feel

Mike1984 dares Elf: Shirou x Sakura, BDSM Lemon

Arashi & Mike dares LunarLegend: Kohaku x Sakura x Shinji

RadiantBeam dares Elf: Luvia x Rin Fluff

Keyne dares Santo: Saber x Shirou, To Please a King

Kiiam Dares Arch-Magos Winter: Kiritsugu, Ilya, and Irisviel fluff
    Last edited by Milbunk; October 15th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [05:12.26] <Velsper> Frantic, write Ryougi as a tsundere for Shinji
    Debating so hard
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I can see where this is going to go if I start daring anyone, so I think I'm going to keep out of it....

I'm not sure if the reverse daring thing will work, though. It's not as simple as saying "you must write this fic" and expecting it to just happen. Not to mention that I suspect people won't be too willing to write a dare if the fic they got in response to the initial dare was two lines long and obviously done solely to force them to take up the dare in return.

Blog Entries
    Seeing as this thread has potential for quite a bit of trolling: I'm watching this, people, be on your best behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    It's mainly just a fun tool for both practicing new types of writing and stories you aren't used too. And the reverse dare thing is going more on the honor system sure you don't have to respond in kind with a fic, but it would be rather rude not to do so wouldn't it?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, it depends what the other person does.

If I dare someone to write a fic and they respond with a two-line fic followed by "I dare you to write a fic where Sakura dies horribly", then I think I am under absolutely no obligation whatsoever to do so, and not doing so would not in any way be "rude". On the other hand, if someone makes a genuine effort to produce what I asked for and gives me a non-trollish dare in return, then I agree that it is reasonable to expect me to write it.
    Last edited by Mike1984; June 28th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No one says you're required to put actual effort into it. If they give you a piss-poor, effortless paragraph of crap you're not obligated to put effort into a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Hymn has it right on the dot here, common sense of course should be used. If they want to troll you you're perfectly free to ignore there request nobody would hold that against you. And if they do a 2 word story that is a piece of garbage there's nothing stopping you from not even bothering to reply in kind.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    No one says you're required to put actual effort into it. If they give you a piss-poor, effortless paragraph of crap you're not obligated to put effort into a response.
    Well, perhaps, but that just makes me look like a terrible writer.

Plus, what's the point of me spending time (even if not very much) writing something that no-one will want to read solely to satisfy some "obligation" to a person who was clearly not putting any effort in and only responded to enforce that "obligation" in the first place? There's simply no logic in that, I'd be doing it solely to satisfy the rules. And, if you know me at all, you'd know my general attitude towards things done solely to fit to the letter of the law (unless you're doing it to subvert said law as a form of protest or to work around a bad law that is actually enforced).

Of course, if someone actually does put effort in (even if the result isn't very good), then I will attempt to do so in return. I may not care about rules or "obligations", but I do have a very strong sense of fairness.
    Last edited by Mike1984; June 28th, 2012 at 08:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    It's for practice really if you wanna practice writing in a variety of unexpected situations then this could be a good way to do it.

Blog Entries
    Mike, if you're not going to reciprocate if you're not happy with the prompt you're asked in return, then don't put forth a dare. If you do put forth a dare, be prepared to put your money where your mouth is. Seems simple to me.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    It's for practice really if you wanna practice writing in a variety of unexpected situations then this could be a good way to do it.
    Well, perhaps. I kind-of need to write my own stories first.

It would be kind-of interesting to think up ways to include Sakura in every possible situation, though

Blog Entries
    Go on, my writing muscles have been a bit restless lately, but I haven't quite felt it for the rest of the stories I've been working on. Someone hit me with an idea I can just crank out a snippet for. You've seen some of my style before, so go for what you think you'd like (alternatively, go for something you think will screw with me, since that's sort of the point of dares. )
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you fear getting trolled, don't participate. I think its a fun way of going outside ones comfort zone and practice. If you just want to write what you want, why participate in the first place?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Mike, if you're not going to reciprocate if you're not happy with the prompt you're asked in return, then don't put forth a dare. If you do put forth a dare, be prepared to put your money where your mouth is. Seems simple to me.
    I didn't say I wouldn't reciprocate if I'm not happy with the prompt received, I said I wouldn't reciprocate if the request is obviously trollish or if the person in question didn't actually put any effort into the fic and obviously wrote it solely to force me to write one in return.

You might follow the letter of the rules without regard for the spirit or basic logic, I do not. If you don't like that, then don't accept any challenges I might make, because I do not follow arbitrary rules and there is nothing you can do to force me to do so.

If the other person puts in a genuine effort and asks for a prompt out of genuine interest rather than to troll me (and which I have a chance in hell of actually writing, so no Tsukihime fics...), then basic fairness dictates that I should attempt to provide it. However, if I'm obviously going to do a shitty job of it, then I might as well not bother doing it at all.

I don't accept technicalities. To me, deliberately doing a crap job to the point that no-one will want to read it is morally identical to just not doing it at all and, further, there is no point in writing something you know will be bad just so you can say you fulfilled an "obligation" despite it satisfying no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    If you fear getting trolled, don't participate. I think its a fun way of going outside ones comfort zone and practice. If you just want to write what you want, why participate in the first place?
    Why should I not participate just because some people might be assholes? Far better to just ignore the rules to bypass any assholes who show up and deal with everyone else fairly and reasonably.

If someone is clearly acting in bad faith, then they have no right to expect me to do otherwise, and the fact that they are acting legally does not in any way bind me to do so in response.
    Last edited by Mike1984; June 28th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984
    I didn't say I wouldn't reciprocate if I'm not happy with the prompt received, I said I wouldn't reciprocate if the request is obviously trollish or if the person in question didn't actually put any effort into the fic and obviously wrote it solely to force me to write one in return.

You might follow the letter of the rules without regard for the spirit or basic logic, I do not. If you don't like that, then don't accept any challenges I might make, because I do not follow arbitrary rules and there is nothing you can do to force me to do so.

If the other person puts in a genuine effort and asks for a prompt out of genuine interest rather than to troll me (and which I have a chance in hell of actually writing, so no Tsukihime fics...), then basic fairness dictates that I should attempt to provide it. However, if I'm obviously going to do a shitty job of it, then I might as well not bother doing it at all.

I don't accept technicalities. To me, deliberately doing a crap job to the point that no-one will want to read it is morally identical to just not doing it at all and, further, there is no point in writing something you know will be bad just so you can say you fulfilled an "obligation" despite it satisfying no-one.
    Annnnd once again it comes down insulting me, your perception of my morality, and the extolling of your own.

You really are a broken record.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Pretty much this. If you've played truth or dare, then you know that no matter what you chose, you better be prepared to be exposed or do something humiliating. I know one guy who chose dare and had to walk out naked into the neighborhood, announce his presence at the top of his voice, and stand there for half a minute.

I see the principle here being the same. Dare someone to write whatever you want, in maliciousness or good humor. But be prepared to suffer the same way if they follow through. If they're a dick/troll about it, or not follow through? Well clearly that reflects on them. If people approve or are fine with their reaction, they can keep playing. If they don't, then the person probably won't be getting many request.

Seems straightforward to me and self-regulating to me.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Anyway, we really shouldn't be having a philosophical argument over whether breaking the letter of an oath is any worse than breaking the spirit of it in here.

I've said how I will act, if people don't like it, then they are under no obligation to accept anything from me. However, as long as they are intending to act in good faith and want something in return that I have the capacity to write (which basically means anything from the FSN universe, since I don't know Tsukihime or KnK), then I will give it my best effort.
    Last edited by Mike1984; June 28th, 2012 at 09:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Anyway, we really shouldn't be having a philosophical argument over whether breaking the letter of an oath is any worse than breaking the spirit of it in here.
    Finally, we agree on something.

I've said how I will act, if people don't like it, then they are under no obligation to accept anything from me. However, as long as they are intending to act in good faith and want something in return that I have the capacity to write (which basically means anything from the FSN universe, since I don't know Tsukihime or KnK), then I will give it my best effort.
    Seems reasonable to me.

Everyone, don't be dicks, and have fun.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, oh, this things always get me to write.

If someone has a dare about anything and don't want to put effort in their response, you can totally choose me, I am too lax.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You did notice that I deleted that after I read your previous response, right...?

Unfortunately, as a mod, you can read deleted posts, so....