Page 1236 of 1242 FirstFirst ... 2367361136118612261231123412351236123712381241 ... LastLast
Results 24,701 to 24,720 of 24834

Thread: Things that annoy you in fanfiction discussion

Who would sleep with an exposed sword right next to them? Forget Avalon, I'm amazed Arthur never got stabbed by tossing around in bed.

US Friend Code
    She thought it was a plushie
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyronyx View Post
    Who would sleep with an exposed sword right next to them? Forget Avalon, I'm amazed Arthur never got stabbed by tossing around in bed.
    that's actually how mordred got him

just waited until he went to bed and lay next to him with a sword
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    that's actually how mordred got him

just waited until he went to bed and lay next to him with a sword
    That sounds like the plot of a Doujin...

What if he just wanted to keep the sword with him at all times because it was invisible and he was afraid he'd lose it

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What are three fanfic 'no-no's of yours, specifically concerning Nasuverse, that if you catch will make you drop a fic like it bit you?
    Last edited by AvengerEmiya; May 10th, 2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Extreme OOCness that breaks the believable line. I'm pretty chill with changes to characters and canon, so long as it is explained and detailed in the story. But when it goes way over the top in a setting that is not comedic, it's just terrible.

Lack of mechanics is another. The Nasuverse as a whole is large enough that Magecraft can be called its own branch of science at this point. It's important that when you write a story that you get it as right as you can. Obviously, that isn't possible, since even with all the research in the world you can still make mistakes because someone points out something you definitely didn't know. But that's okay, as long as it isn't too blaring or happens too often. Then that's just bad.

And my biggest pet peeve: Powerlevels, especially in crossovers. I'm currently writing a crossover, and a lot of the earlier reviews were about how 'Archer should be kicking everyone's ass left and right OMG why isn't he a total badass here'. In my story, I'm trying to create some sort of believable balance, that puts a lot of the characters on a fairly even playing field. It makes the story more interesting. But when it gets to seriously 'OMG he should wreck them' and all that, that just becomes bothersome. Powerlevels aren't as interesting as people make them out to be. Obviously, if its something like I dunno, Goku vs Shinji then yeah, duh. But when you CAN level the playing field, then you should.

F/GO friend code: 319871588/solopy567

Blog Entries
    Strictly Nasuverse?

Shirou harem

Shirou as Kerry: The Sequel

Whipping up a new Servant stronger than Gilgamesh (unless there is damn good reason; usually, there isn't)

Of course, these things all come down to execution. You might be able to make a case for a more-than-one-partner kind of thing if you're following up on UBW's Good End. You might want to tackle the Mind of Steel path that Shirou takes in HF, which doesn't glamorize Shirou's decision. You might even be able to sell me on someone giving Gil a hard time in a straight fight after seeing ProtoFrag's Rider, Strange Fake's True Archer and Karna, but you would have to go out of your way to find a sufficiently old and famous legend with appropriately insane feats. Even then, you run into the problem of Gil taking the other guy seriously enough not to dick around and get caught flat-footed, which is what normally gets him killed.

But I rarely see that kind of thought going into it. Usually, you see someone wanking some Middle Ages figure into a guy full of EX ranked NPs who beats Gil because he is A TRUE WARRIOR.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    but you would have to go out of your way to find a sufficiently old and famous legend with appropriately insane feats.
    Scáthach.

Usually, you see someone wanking some Middle Ages figure into a guy full of EX ranked NPs who beats Gil because he is A TRUE WARRIOR.
    King Arthur.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't it Nasu who turned her from a supporting character in Cu's legend to the warrior beyond warriors, closer to gods than men? I was never big on Nasu wanking her up that much.

And Artoria is the collective T-M waifu. Of course she's the specialest little snowflake. And even then, he beats her senseless in most exchanges. It takes a surprise attack to put him away.

What's the point you're trying to make, Ymir?
    Last edited by Imperial; May 11th, 2017 at 04:04 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I don't know either, since neither of those Servants can beat Gil (Outside of him jobbing).

Whereas in fanfic you get people wanking people like, I dunno, Napoleon, or Richard the Third, or William Wallace into Gil-tier Servants because they happen to be the authors husbando.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't it Nasu who turned her from a supporting character in Cu's legend to the warrior beyond warriors, closer to gods than men? I was never big on Nasu wanking her up that much.
    Yes and no. Her immortality is not from the source but the idea that she's beyond human and a being more than just some fighter and spellcaster is even etymological to her. There are occasional thoughts that she might be related from a mythic standpoint to Vivian since her role is somewhat comparable to Cu as the Lady of the Lake's is to Arthur and Lance, much as many other celtic stories and characters influenced or evolved into Arthurian myth.

Blog Entries
    forumghost gets me. That's exactly the kind of thing I was talking about.

Thank you for the mythology lesson, Arashi. I had only ever read her as a mentor figure.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Damnit, it happened again. A huge five/six part fic, with hundreds of thousands of words each, just disappears from FFN. It really pisses me off when an author just ups and deletes everything. I can understand tearing down a fic to re-write it, but at least leave it all up until you've actually managed to replaced it completely.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    ask me for code
    Blog Entries
    be a part of internets lives forever, by archive or backup.
    Kentucky Fried Kirei, nah i'm joking. Nothin here

well, told ya.

'kay
    You jest?:3

Even ▆▆ end up on that place again

The special hell on hill full of swords ---------------------------------------------------------The hill of bloody battlefield

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It bugs me when I'm reading a fic with a good premise from an ongoing series, but falls apart when you realize it was written well before the major lore expansion. All the characters treated as the biggest bad are actually c-list minibosses who get oneshotted in the story proper. Especially when it's a time travel fic. Forget that elder god trying to destroy the world, we've got to take down the local mafia!
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Most of the time, the mafia boss is a way more interesting than the generic-ass elder god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Most of the time, the mafia boss is a way more interesting than the generic-ass elder god.
    Why not combine them and get a mafia boss/elder god?

US Friend Code
    Familia Cthulhu

Would watch
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    lets go back to the days when arguing about canon was the dumb entertainment we had, I got this message on FFN regarding FFS ffs

Shirou CAN reproduce Excalibur, it would just be A plus or mearly A rank, which is still a pretty big deal...Trying to use it without dragon core however...
    Me: [insert cm3 Q&A]

Archer is Shirou...They are the same person, following different paths in different timelines. And Archer existence is greater since he is a CG.

The Mountain-felling sword of the Titans of old can be replicated by Shirou Emiya...And that damn thing is divine construct.
    Ea exist before the concept of sword exist.
    Excalibur is the sword that was sheathed in Avalon. And made by the hand of the same folks that made Avalon. It is also something that belongs to Saber, the woman who means a lot to him in all 3 routes. He can Trace it...It just won't be perfect...And using it "might" kill him off even if he wasn't being slowly killed by ARcher's arm...

He can replicated other things, they won't just be as easy to do or as cheap to recreated/bring out as sword.
    The closer the object is to the concept of sword/blade, the better. The better he understand them, the better, too. (Avalon being something that was with him seen little is the only real exception. It came out perfectly because Avalon is in a way a part of his very soul and body, and was speculated to have been the thing that remade him in the cursed-fire of 4th Heaven's Feel)

He can replicates Bows pretty easily too. He also has a supernaturally good archery skill...For some reason. We never got explaination for that part. But that is why he can be qualified for Archer class. But it does exist on the battlefield in the same era frame as blades.
    Beside that shields are possible because historically they are often used with swords and a variety of other weapons.
    Pole arms, maces, clubs, and suchs because of all the pointy and sharp edges....Also used along side swords a lot.

Guns...That is a bit hard to answer, but EMIYA Alter have Kanshou-Bakuya Blade-Guns as his main weapon...I'm still unsure about that.
    its...so nostalgic...

like thinking of a certain sword...