Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 LastLast

Thread: Berserk - The Black Swordsman

This chapter is so amazing it makes the hiatus hurt even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    I like the parallel between the Eclipse and the eye of the Beast of Darkness.
    Whoa I didn't even notice that.

Niiiice.

FINALLY caught up and ugggghhh those last few chapters were so gorgeous and great

Now to wait forever for the next few issues FUCK

me btw

Banned
    Blog Entries
    One of my coworkers, for some weird reason, seems to hate Nina. This person: http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Nina in case you forgot, for "selling out" Casca, in order to save herself. I don't see why, though. Then again, compared to Liu Shan's "I don't miss Shu at all" speech, along with the fact that he actually kills Jiang Wei (historically, Zhong Hui's rebellion imploded in on itself, and both Jiang Wei and Zhong Hui were killed by the other rebels) during Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends, in order to suppress Zhong Hui's rebellion in the name of Wei or rather Jin, Nina telling the inquisitors that Casca is "the witch" in order to avoid a rather pointless torture session (because the inquisitors would have just went after Casca anyway, should Nina have died) is nothing. The only way that Liu Shan is better than Nina is that Liu Shan knows exactly what he wants and therefore feels no regret or shame about his decisions. Confidence, yo.

Nina is more so someone I take pity in than hate. Poor girl's had a rough life. I'm glad she got a happy end with her dude.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OK, so it's not just me. Yeah, that coworker of mine is one of those "maintain abstract ideals in the face of plight" imbeciles. Basically, the opposite of my 寧我負人,毋人負我

Huh?

Nina is terrible, that's why she's relateable. She teaches us to sit tight in that barrel and wait for better days.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Of course, she's relatable, when you're not a "holier-than-thou" type. People need to do what they need to to survive during times of chaos. That's why I was taken aback by my coworker's hatred. On a side note, is it "relatable" or "relateable"? Both seem to give me the red squiggles of misspelling.

I usually spell it as the former but for some reason did the latter, but yeah it doesn't seem to be a word either way to my spellcheck.

Banned
    the only reason to care about Nina is not wanting Luca's time to be wasted

Luca's rad but I genuinely enjoyed Nina's parts in the arc and especially her conclusion

Weak characters are good. Unless they're Farnese, that fucking weirdo.

Farnese is my baby please don't.

Good

bye

- - - Updated - - -

Every Farnese focused chapter is a missed opportunity for a Schierke focused chapter. I'm not saying she's shit, I'm just saying she's not the shit.

And every hiatus chapter is a missed opportunity for a content chapter.

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Farnese is good civilization.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

I like Farnese because she has to fucking work for it, and she does.

And by it you mean Guts' dick, right? Seems the be the most important thing on her mind.

No, I mean tiny issues like, being severely mentally fucked up and having to struggle to even be a decent person, redemption after doing a lot of shit, major crisis of faith and identity, ya know, the little things.

Banned
    I don't like farnese, three dimensional characters confuse and frighten me

Masochist incest fire girl.