Thread: Fate Zero material art book

Fate Zero material art book

Saw the art book on ebay, wondering if anyone knows if its any good?

Blog Entries
    It's pretty alright. Got some nice info, a Zero Dictionary, character and weapon sketches, and a pretty lengthy interview with Nasu and Gen. Way better than Material/Zero.

Anything NEW! and EXCITING! or is it just better organized with more stuff complied.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

If there's new stuff, won't you always end up knowing it from the net before reading it in the book, rendering the act of buying the book for the info pretty useless, even if you can read moonspeak ?

Haven't seen Material/Zero, but I guess Fate/Zero material (please don't tell me that's the same thing, I'm already lost with those names) is pretty good, especially if you draw and/or understand jap. If it's just for the pretty pictures, I guess there are some but they'll probably make a nicer one after the anime's out.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Kyoshi, just an FYI, "Jap" is considered racist and derogatory.

There is new-ish or at least more detailed info in the book than you can find in the novels (like Mcjon mentioned, interview and some interesting sketches and specs). I disagree; you can't always end up learning things online because chances are you'll just have heard it secondhand through many, many people who couldn't even look it up themselves anyway. But of course the difference usually isn't worth spending a bunch of money on.

If you can't read Japanese and don't plan on learning how, then there's less reason to buy the book except to increase your collection. But as far as artbooks go, it's not bad. Not that big, though.

Btw, I only have Fate/Zero material. What's in Material/Zero?
    Last edited by mewarmo990; September 28th, 2011 at 06:28 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    I have Fate/Zero Material, but why must they keep making these things for me to consider buying!!?

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Kyoshi, just an FYI, "Jap" is considered racist and derogatory.
    Thanks. In French it doesn't hold any similar meaning, which is why I used it without considering it could in english. Will refrain from now on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Btw, I only have Fate/Zero material. What's in Material/Zero?
    It's a crappy little booklet with some sketches. I assume it was just a bonus that came with one of the books or something, judging from the looks.