Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Archives of threads from the former Beast's Lair

All is lost. Lament, lament

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacho View Post
    Tangerang still visits #notes, as far as I know.

I'd personally love to see what kinds of fanfics were lost when the first Beast's Lair was shut down. Many authors did repost their content on the current site, but I am sure that newbies like me missed out on reading some amazing stories.
    I actually do have a backup of a lot of them (although I'm missing the ends of a lot of the fics), although I'm not exactly inclined to post them right now....

OK, look, anybody who's got them, just send me all the archives of old BL you've got. I just want to look through the old conversations for something.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Man of Wealth and Taste saintsant's Avatar
    Hello, I understand it's been some time since this thread was active, but I was wondering if anyone has or knows of anyone who has a copy (even a partial copy) of the aforementioned archive. I'm looking for the work of someone who used to post here and don't mind the thought of plunging headlong into a mess of old threads to get my hands on it. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    “All that I live for is to capture some fragment of this hidden and just unreachable beauty…There is somewhere, my fancy fabulises, a marvelous city of ancient streets and hills and gardens and marble terraces, wherein I once lived happy eternities, and to which I must return if ever I am to have content.” - H. P. Lovecraft, letter, 1927

Assuming what you're searching for was in Fanworks, then your best bet would either be Mike1984's apparent archive or the Wayback Machine (or maybe someone else's unmentioned archive), since RB and anamesis said they've lost theirs and iirc Tangerang had only saved General Discussion threads (which he should absolutely upload somewhere goddammit).

Out of curiosity, what was that work?

Thanks for the response, I'll PM Tangerang and head on over to Dark Side of the Moon to try my luck there as well. As for what I'm looking for, anything by Accursed Scribbler, really.

Edit: Wayback machine seems like a bust; the earliest archived time is March 30, 2011, and that just shows the takedown.
    Last edited by saintsant; September 5th, 2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Update
    “All that I live for is to capture some fragment of this hidden and just unreachable beauty…There is somewhere, my fancy fabulises, a marvelous city of ancient streets and hills and gardens and marble terraces, wherein I once lived happy eternities, and to which I must return if ever I am to have content.” - H. P. Lovecraft, letter, 1927

Quote Originally Posted by saintsant View Post
    Thanks for the response, I'll PM Tangerang and head on over to Dark Side of the Moon to try my luck there as well. As for what I'm looking for, anything by Accursed Scribbler, really.

Edit: Wayback machine seems like a bust; the earliest archived time is March 30, 2011, and that just shows the takedown.
    Wayback has saved a not insignificant amount of stuff, actually, but yeah, lots of stuff are gone.

Thanks for the tip; seems like I was pointing it at the wrong URL: http://nrvnqsr.proboards.com/ as opposed to the earlier http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/. Still, doesn't look like On the Crown or God from the Machine were saved.

Blog Entries
    I was once told there was a crossover with Hellblazer in the fanworks area.

I'm not sure if this is accurate info, if it is, was it something of merit or meh?

Blog Entries
    So Maiku has an archive of the old stuff? Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    So Maiku has an archive of the old stuff? Interesting...
    He mentioned that he does, yes, although he's currently having some computer troubles and suggested that others may have archives more complete than his.

Blog Entries
    If he stops having PC issues, I will ask Dallas if he can share them since I don't have Mike as a Skype contact.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    If he stops having PC issues, I will ask Dallas if he can share them since I don't have Mike as a Skype contact.
    Seems like everyone who had or might have an archive is bogged down in computer troubles. Nevertheless, your efforts are appreciated.

Blog Entries
    No problem.

Ancient Files of Drive Destruction

B+

A great curse that distorts the world. Scattered files from the Fall of the Beast's Lair, said to bring ruin to all that possess them.

I tried, but the orange is just messing with me. Can't wait 'till the curse visits him too.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Bumping to express interest.

Hop on #notes and enjoy hitting your head against the wall.

Blog Entries
    Mike was the only one with full archives but he killed them in the hostage standoff over his perma, hope is over.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Roadbuster and Darples?