Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1722252627

Thread: [FF] Another Side, Another Story (Trinity AU)

Assets transcending Virtual and Reality themasterwarlord's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is this the english(US?) version or Japanese version? Because I don't think Takara would consider the US as "feels like home".

~I hate writing English paragraphs longer that one line. Or any language, really.~

In the middle of re-re-redoubling the effort of erasing the habit of lurking for the 9001st time

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    I'll go with subbed japanese version.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    Lancer, Kieran Holt, Jester, Avenger, Kurai, and now Joe. I think he also had a nickname/Marauder name in the Trinity-at-Hogwarts series.
    If you're counting Hogwarts, add Galen Salvatore. Possibly Shinji Matou, depending on just how you take the whole revenant thing.

That's leaving out the various variations in the Angles thread, though, so probably more.

As for the update, which is a bit surprising, I wonder if Terra's thinking about one of the more malicous versions of the Joker...Or if I'm just displyaing my lack of awareness of the KH series, here.

Ghost Host = Plot Protected Kotomine? Yeah, that's going to be annoying. Interesting phrasing at the end, though- For a moment, I interpreted that as Archer willing to sacrifice Vivi, rather then determined to learn magic to save him. Maybe I've been reading too many stories where Archer's 'ruthless bastard,' qualities are emphasized.

Takara's bit caught me slightly by surprise, I didn't expect her to be matching them bad joke for bad joke. As for the imminent Sentai/Power Ranger disaster...Well, US might be why she added the 'sort of,' qualifier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    "Earn Shirou's love, Berserker!" Ilya said.

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARGH!" Berserker said, interpreting this order the way he interpreted most orders: kill.
    "Berserker!" Ilya screamed. "Come find love!"

Berserker exploded into the room with a roar that shook the foundations of the very castle.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Rin said.

Sweeping down on her faster than the eye could see, Berserker plucked Rin up in his arms and ran off, ignoring her shrieks of protest.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NanayaMode View Post
    And now "Joe" gets added to list of his names. How many is it up to now?
    If you include Beast of the Moon, I've got seven aliases, by my count.

Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    We're in the power rangers world now?

Not Mighty morphing but good enough to get me excited!
    I'm saving that for Grail Works.

Quote Originally Posted by B.B. Rain View Post
    If you're counting Hogwarts, add Galen Salvatore. Possibly Shinji Matou, depending on just how you take the whole revenant thing.

That's leaving out the various variations in the Angles thread, though, so probably more.
    There is that, but in Trinity itself, just six.

As for the update, which is a bit surprising, I wonder if Terra's thinking about one of the more malicous versions of the Joker...Or if I'm just displyaing my lack of awareness of the KH series, here.
    It's Kefka - the main bad guy from her game.

Ghost Host = Plot Protected Kotomine? Yeah, that's going to be annoying.
    Well, he is a ghost . . .

Still, listening to him is one of the best parts of going through the Haunted Mansion. And for trivia buffs, "Phantom Manor" is the Disneyland Paris equivalent - it has more of a backstory.

Interesting phrasing at the end, though- For a moment, I interpreted that as Archer willing to sacrifice Vivi, rather then determined to learn magic to save him. Maybe I've been reading too many stories where Archer's 'ruthless bastard,' qualities are emphasized.
    Yeah - this one's nicer, much to his own surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by themasterwarlord View Post
    Is this the english(US?) version or Japanese version? Because I don't think Takara would consider the US as "feels like home".

Takara's bit caught me slightly by surprise, I didn't expect her to be matching them bad joke for bad joke. As for the imminent Sentai/Power Ranger disaster...Well, US might be why she added the 'sort of,' qualifier.
    Yes.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    What a pleasant surprise. things are moving along nicely for our heroes. I wonder how long that will last?

"Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest."

Blog Entries
    Depends on if I can manage another chapter - getting this one out was a lot harder than I thought it'd be.

That said, I wouldn't say that things are moving "nicely," exactly - Shirou's getting himself into a major fight, and Jester/Joe is currently running for his life. *chuckles*

Incidentally, I forgot to mention - I picked Dino Thunder because it's the series I know best in the timeframe that Disney has had the rights to it. Besides, it has Tommy!

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    *rumble*
    Uh-oh.
    *a person suddenly jumps out of kuni's head in a shower of gore, brains, and yuri h-manga*
    Ryft Lawrence Branford: TERRA! I'LL SAVE Y-*Mineuchi'd*
    Shinryu: This is exactly what we need, another character from kuni's little canon. And since Roe's currently typing up his life's story, I'm left to deal with stupid crap.
    Summary: in which Terra~<3, Joe, and robot have fun (slaughtering the last one), GARcher is protected by the protected, and Takara is... somewhere. Darn Gummi Ships.
    Miscellany~
    Anyone who mentions THAT Majora's Mask meme gets to meet the Ladder. <- Is serious
    Reality Marble: Ascended Memorized Phantasm - Perfect Manikin Army
    I have been uncursed! My groin still hurts.
    I have a folder full of stolen avatars and sig pics. Short of mind-probing, no one's going to find it.
    I look away for a sec, and I'm suddenly attending a college called MGS.

A living portrait, a forgotten portrait... and Yoshi.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Depends on if I can manage another chapter - getting this one out was a lot harder than I thought it'd be.

That said, I wouldn't say that things are moving "nicely," exactly - Shirou's getting himself into a major fight, and Jester/Joe is currently running for his life. *chuckles*

Incidentally, I forgot to mention - I picked Dino Thunder because it's the series I know best in the timeframe that Disney has had the rights to it. Besides, it has Tommy!
    They've been though worse. It should be smooth goings by their standards. At least there aren't any mega strong baddies to fight, yet.

"Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest."

@Zer0light Five bucks says the next chapter/next two chapters have at least one major fight with a mega strong bad guy

Well, I don't know how I managed to not say anything yesterday!

That's not true, I actually know how. Effing classes.

*ahem* Anyway, a nice update! It has Shirou being Shirou, instead of EMIYA, Takara being one of the guys, and JesterJoe being accidentally glomped by Terra.

And Terra! She deserves to be mentioned apart. Because, come on, its Terra! I'm sure that her ThunderLightning spell hits like a ThunderaLightning 2. At the very least!

Terra has... problems with an evil clown. If you haven't played FF VI and want to do it, let's leave it at that. Freaking Kefka...

I'm saving that for Grail Works.
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Yes.
    Ah, the mathematician answer! MyOne of my greatest nemesis!
    Last edited by Ergast; March 27th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    ...Wait, Kefka was a clown?
    "Earn Shirou's love, Berserker!" Ilya said.

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARGH!" Berserker said, interpreting this order the way he interpreted most orders: kill.
    "Berserker!" Ilya screamed. "Come find love!"

Berserker exploded into the room with a roar that shook the foundations of the very castle.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Rin said.

Sweeping down on her faster than the eye could see, Berserker plucked Rin up in his arms and ran off, ignoring her shrieks of protest.

Clown, town jester, local nutcase. take your pick.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    Clown, town jester, local nutcase. take your pick.
    You forgot world destroyer, backstabber, faux-god.
    Miscellany~
    Anyone who mentions THAT Majora's Mask meme gets to meet the Ladder. <- Is serious
    Reality Marble: Ascended Memorized Phantasm - Perfect Manikin Army
    I have been uncursed! My groin still hurts.
    I have a folder full of stolen avatars and sig pics. Short of mind-probing, no one's going to find it.
    I look away for a sec, and I'm suddenly attending a college called MGS.

A living portrait, a forgotten portrait... and Yoshi.

those belong in the etc. file.

C-Rank Presence Ignored TheAbsolutistsCreed's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    068,149,146/IGN: Emprisk
    @B.B. Rain: Not really, though he looked like one and is evil as hell. Though the way he was portrayed in Final Fantasy VI left a lot to be desired, with how immature and petty he seemed. Then again, this was before my knowlegeable time. I spent most of my childhood with Mario... heh...

I can't help but think Galen is going to be like the Moogle Knight that follows Terra around on Final Fantasy Dissidia. And yay! CHAPPIE!!!

Onion Knight, not Moogle.

C-Rank Presence Ignored TheAbsolutistsCreed's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    068,149,146/IGN: Emprisk
    Well, glad you can correct me then, I haven't seen much of it, much less played it. They are similar though... xD
    US Story Support:

Blog Entries
    Think of Jester Joe as the best of both worlds.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette