Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Type-Moon / Sailor Moon] Tentative Title: Moon-Type Moon

Section 7: TRHVMN, By Which Our Goddess Descends
    (The last section that I've written so far ...)

---

1990 CE // La Vigilia di Natale

The elderly gentleman who gazed out the window cast no image in the marble floor of the darkened penthouse parlour. Reversed in the tiles beneath him, the delicately carved cane he held in his left hand appeared to stand free of support -- a lone pillar of shadow in the reflection of the placid starlit sky. Nrvnqsr was reminded of a Magritte painting he had once seen in Ingolstadt.

"Neron Kaiser," drawled the old man, eyed fixed upon the horizon. "You bring news of the Orient? Something good, I hope?"

"The Sixteenth has arrived in Tokyo," replied Nrvnqsr.

"Gransurg of Blackmore, hm?" The old man tilted his head slightly, glancing at Nrvnqsr over his shoulder. "And he knows of our operations?"

"Louvre believes that he's merely investigating the fractures that have formed in the prison of the Calamity. Of the Guardians Reborn that we've so far identified, he seems unaware."

"It would be prudent to keep an eye on him, yes?"

"I understand," replied Nrvnqsr, curtly nodding.

"Has there been anything else of interest?"

"Louvre felt it unnecessary to report, but Mister Kugamine has again petitioned for the removal of the Tohno heiress. He seems unsatisfied merely to serve as the acting head of clan until the girl reaches majority, and has begun to claim that she potentially poses a greater threat to our plans than her father."

The atmosphere in the penthouse suddenly grew heavy, and with a loud noise, a series of cracks appeared across the reinforced glass of the window. The elderly gentleman turned from his vantage with a kind, grandfatherly smile, and -- involuntarily -- Nrvnqsr manifested a pair of black bloodhounds from his shadow. It took a conscious effort to reign in the growling beasts, and he was slightly irked that mere killing intent had again provoked a response in him.

"A funny little man, this Kugamine Tonami," said the gentleman, chuckling mirthfully. As he paced to the white leather armchair near the center of the room, there was nothing in his countenance that hinted of the barely restrained wrath Nrvnqsr sensed from him. "It's always refreshing to hear from him."

"Do you wish that I deliver a reply?" queried Nrvnqsr, businesslike.

"That would be superb," replied the gentleman, softly seating himself. Meeting Nrvnqsr's eyes with a relaxed, carefree smile, he said, "Tell him that his most humble servant, Theophanus Ortenrosse, is in his eternal debt for services generously rendered, and begs that he continue to look after our mutual interests in the Far East."

Only a warning, then, Nrvnqsr noted. His own preference would be to eliminate Kugamine, but the old man presumably saw a use for the fat fool yet.

"I'll give him your regards," he said, nodding curtly.

---

The culprit, Satsuki deduced, was probably Yamazaki Shizuku -- the fifth student assigned to cleanup in the badminton courts. The ditzy girl was well-meaning enough, but it'd be just like her to lock the gym equipment shed without checking first to see if there was anyone inside.

Sanada, a tall girl with a pageboy cut, had worked up a sweat pounding at the door with a baseball bat. Giving it one final kick, she sighed in defeat and sat down on the foam mat next to Satsuki.

"It's no use," she said, panting misty breaths into the air. "If there's anyone still out there, they can't hear us. Figures this would happen on a Saturday afternoon."

"Doesn't Mister Tanizaki make rounds every few hours?" asked Honda, the timid girl from Class C.

"Who knows?" said Sanada. "The groundskeeper ain't a security guard, and this is the weekend. I doubt he'll be working any harder than he has to."

The same thought had been running through Satsuki's head, but hearing it given voice made it seem infinitely more probable. Forcing herself to smile, she said, "Let's not get our hopes down just yet. We don't know for certain that he won't come by."

"I guess," said the tall girl unenthusiastically. "I don't get why they bother putting locks on the equipment sheds to begin with. It's not like anyone's seriously interested in stealing this stuff."

Takaishi, a bookish girl who sat two desks behind Satsuki in class, lightly smacked Sanada in the back of the head.

"What was that for?" asked Sanada, frowning.

"For saying something idiotic," she replied flatly. Pointing at the door, she continued, "Now, how about you get back to work?"

"What? No. You do it. I've been at it for like an hour already."

"You have an athletic scholarship. Being tired isn't an excuse."

It was difficult for Satsuki to tell whether or not the exchange wasn't just friendly banter. Takaishi and Sanada hung out enough that they might've been friends, but there always seemed to be an undercurrent of hostility in the lunch hour conversations she'd overheard. Prolonged isolation in a cold, small room without food or water made for the sort of environment where even mild dislike could blossom into something right out of /The Drifting Classroom/.

"How about we do this in shifts, then?" Satsuki asked. "It wouldn't be fair for Sanada-san do all the work, right? I'll go first."

For whatever reason, Takaishi frowned, and Sanada gave Satsuki an apologetic nod as she offerred her the bat. Taking up the metal implement by its tape-bound grip, Satsuki stood before the door and slammed the wider end into the slightly dented surface.

Coach Miura had a rule against wearing 'accessories' in gym, and wristwatches apparently counted for a violation. Satsuki had left hers in the locker room before heading out to the inter-class badminton competition earlier in the day. Now, she was increasingly aware that late afternoon sun in the row of tiny windows along the ceiling wasn't nearly as convenient an indicator of time. She hadn't been striking at the door for very long, as far as she could tell -- thirty-five minutes at most. Not being nearly as fit as Sanada, though, she felt already as if she'd been running all-out in a marathon.

"Hello?" called a voice from the other side, and Satsuki felt her heart flutter in surprise. "Is there somebody in there?"

She wasn't sure if the speaker was male or female, as even amongst the fifteen-year-old third-years, there were quite a number of boys whose voices hadn't fully changed. Propping herself up with the baseball bat as she fought to catch her breath, she pointed at the door and looked meaningfully at the three other girls.

Takaishi understood her intention immediately, and called back, "Yes! We need your help! There are four people in here, and we've been locked in for a couple of hours! Can you please tell groundskeeper to come and open the door?"

There was a long silence, as if the person outside were making a difficult decision.

"Alright," came the response at last, sounding somehow reluctant. "Just hang on for a few more minutes, and I'll go and get him."

"Thank you!" called Takaishi.

There was a 'click' from the lock, and then, faintly, footsteps padding away into the distance. Tired of supporting her weight, Satsuki let herself collapse, leaning her back against a cage full of basketballs. There was nothing left to do but wait.

Five or ten minutes passed, but the person they'd spoken to failed to return. Their hard-earned relief started to turn to anxiety.

"It shouldn't take this long to get to the fuckin' groundskeeper's," growled Sanada, standing up.

"That guy," said Honda worriedly. "He wouldn't just leave us here, would he?"

Walking past Satsuki, Sanada jogged the doorknob. With a brittle snap, the handle came free, and something metallic hit the ground on the other side. The girls could only stare wordlessly as the steel door came easily ajar. Somehow shaking her exhaustion, Satsuki stood up unsteadily and followed Sanada out into the winter twilight.

In the desolate schoolyard, snow had begun to fall. Their savior was nowhere in sight.

---

Notes - Gaia Terminal // Dark Six:

In the first centuries of the Lunar Imperium, Brunestud of the Crimson Moon embarked upon a project to create a Type-Gaia, based in part upon the human-designed Alaya Terminal. The Type was to be a humanoid entity whose features, abilities, and personality were the synthesis of six distinct artificially-generated conceptual entities, called "Phases." During the stage of maturation, the Phases required installation within separate physical vessels that match their origin to fully register the use of their functions.

Difficulties were encountered with the controlling personality's directive recognition system -- iteration after iteration, the composite intelligence would default to proposals that annihilation of humanity was the only acceptable solution to the regulation of the human diaspora. Frustrated in her efforts, Brunestud eventually froze the project and sealed her results. The location of the sealing would come to be site of the village of Aylesbury in the United Kingdom.

In modernity, the lifting of the seal and the extraction of Brunestud's prototype was perpetrated by an unidentified party of vampires, who besieged the English village in blatant defiance of the decree of the Moonlit World. The so-called "magical girl" known as Venus Victrix first appeared during this incident to defend the village's inhabitants, but she was unable to prevent the theft.

---

Phase 01 - Athanasia, the Undying
    Origin: Depletion (Plunder)
    Function: passive, ongoing replenishment of prana from environment

Explanation: creates a plunder field, draining prana into oneself; prana sustains unlimited, perfect regeneration

Vessel: Yumizuka Satsuki
    Title: Desolation Princess - Stella Morosa
    Class: Vampire
    Notes: Type-Jupiter Reborn

---

Phase 02 - Phusis, the Hierophant
    Origin: Consumption (Void)
    Function: primary subordination to the will of Gaia

Explanation: link to the Akasha causes vessel to function as a beast of Gaia, subsuming entities against nature through consumption; enables Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, amongst other abilities such as regeneration

Vessel: Shirazumi Rio
    Title: Predatation Princess - Panthera Rio
    Class: Vampire / Vampiric Lifeform
    Notes: genetic sex = male; physical sex = hermaphrodite

---

Phase 03 - Arete, the Seneschal
    Origin: Suicide (Filicide)
    Function: provision of innate directive, secondary to Gaia

Explanation: as Gaia does not issue commands under normal circumstances, the phase functions as a system of secondary directives. (Primary function is secretly to engage in apparently constructive activities that promote eventual destruction of unnatural beings such as humans)

Vessel: Medea
    Title: Magical Princess - Medea-chan
    Class: Ghost Liner
    Notes: Servant of the Holy Grail

---

Phase 04 - Scholazo, the Shield-Bearer
    Origin: Shadow (Imaginary Numbers)
    Function: absolute defense via dissipation into false space

Explanation: shields vessel with a perfectly black energy membrane, which serves as a 'portal' into a subspace with imaginary / spoofed coordinates. Such a defense is impervious to conventional attacks, and is difficult to circumvent.

Vessel: Matou Sakura
    Title: Imaginary Grail - Kurozakura
    Class: Magus
    Notes: subsumed implanted crest worms

---

Phase 05 - Pronoia, the Executioner
    Origin: Time (Severing/Binding)
    Function: localized timeline editting capabilities

Explanation: allows localized editting of the timeline, including manipulation of causality and event copy/paste. Severing/Binding origin capable of being employed in other manners

Vessel: Illyasviel von Einzbern
    Title: Phantom Liner - Kaleido-Kuruvinda
    Class: Homunculus
    Notes: Grail Vessel; Pronoia phase structure damaged; repaired with replica of Type-Uranus and Type-Neptune's innate magic

---

Phase 06 - Charis, the Teller of Truths
    Origin: Fear (Synchronization; Empathy-Projection)
    Function: regulation of society through psychic synchronization

Explanation: promotes psychic synchronization with vessel's mind. Does not qualify as telepathy or mind-control, though both effects are achievable. Base function allows forced imposition of empathy with vessel's emotional state. Synchronization origin usable in other manners

Vessel: Fujou Kohaku
    Title: Broomstick Nurse-Witch - Magical Amber
    Class: Elemental
    Notes: Type-Phobos - Long-Range Combat Support System for Type-Mars

---

Phase 「 」 - Selene, the Lone Queen
    Origin: Type-Moon (Terraformation Weapon)
    Function: Physical vessel of phases 1 - 6.

Explanation: clone of the vessel of Brunestud of the Crimson Moon. Upon completion and installation of phases, it activates as a weapon of Gaia

Completed Functionality:
    01: Perfectly controlled plundering; Infinite regeneration
    02: Servant to the Will of Gaia
    03: Vested with the purpose of destroying humanity
    04: Directs all damage to void space
    05: Capable of timeline editting
    06: Speaker of the Unified Language; Control of minds

Actual Name: Arcuied Brunestud II
    Title: Prototype-Gaia - Serenity X
    Class: True Ancestor
    Notes: an artificial being created by Crimson Moon to become the 'Queen of Earth.' abandoned in development

---

Senshi Line-Up:

Moon = Lunar Maiden - Phantasm Moon
    Mars = Flame Priestess - Autumn Vermillion
    Mercury = Testamentum Ordina - Crystal Vale
    Venus = Golden Angel - Venus Victrix / V.V.
    Jupiter = Depletion Princess - Stella Maia
    Saturn = (Zettai Karen) Silent Messiah - Empyrean Cross
    Uranus = Prisma Liner - Kaleido-Ruby
    Neptune = Prisma Liner - Kaleido-Sapphire
    Pluto = Obsidian Gatekeeper - Excutioner Ciel

Phobos = Broomstick Nurse-Witch - Magical Amber
    Deimos = Brainwashing-Detective - Locked-Room Jade

---

Omake: Ren-Sensei's Magical Dojo I

<Arc> Say, why is it that magical girls need a magical mascot? Most mascots seem to be hugely useless, besides providing the heroine with the transformation item?
    <Ren> Do you seriously think that a third-grader, given the ability blast away city blocks, would use it responsibly?
    <Arc> Uhh .... children are innocent and cute?
    <Ren> In your dreams. Real third graders, if given magic like that, would go about throwing giant projectile attacks at people, and then later claim some stupid excuse like, 'Oh, I was just trying to be friends with her.'
    <Arc> But ... but ...
    <Ren> The notion that children are cute is a fiction made up by adults. Hence, magical mascots are necessary!
    <Arc> But they don't do anything besides yap away, usually?
    <Ren> That's just the surface. In fact, the yapping disguises their real function, which is to serve as a moral compass where none usually exists.
    <Arc> That ... that's a very cynical statement. Also, aren't you a silent character?
    <Ren> ...

---

The End for Now ...
    Last edited by fallacies; October 12th, 2011 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Any of the major FSN characters? Like Sakura, Rin etc.?
    I think we have already seen Shirou, but that's my guess (the other kid, the one with amnesia in the hospital, and with a semmingly structural sight of the whole world)

Although if I'm right, what he did didn't make sense with his real powers. Again, in this fic the house of Emiya is related to the Aozakis, so maybe it was the use of the fifth... not that he really needs more powers than his own to be deadly.

Edit: Maybe sniped, I have to read the new chapter.

Edit2: No, not really. So I still suport my theory. Shirou is the other kid in the hospital. After all, that wasn't the MEoDP.
    Last edited by Ergast; October 12th, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ok, I'm not clear what the role of Sakura and the other "Phases" is (I know nothing about Sailor Moon). Are they good guys?

They're "Dark Magical Girls," and thus, they may or may not be on the receiving end of Friendship.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I see.

I'm really not sure how that works, because Sakura without the worms has absolutely no reason to be "Dark". She's not a villain....

I see.

I'm really not sure how that works, because Sakura without the worms has absolutely no reason to be "Dark". She's not a villain....
    The thing is, she has the worms, so she has the reasons. Also, IIRC, not all the dark magical girls are evil. Half of them are usually brainwashed or tricked.

Also, what do you think of my theory?

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    The thing is, she has the worms, so she has the reasons.
    But it's been stated that they have been "nullified". Plus, even if she has them, she's still not going to fight willingly for evil, and Zouken sure as hell isn't forcing her to.

Also, IIRC, not all the dark magical girls are evil. Half of them are usually brainwashed or tricked.
    Well, yeah, that is true, but I don't know what his intentions for her are....

Also, what do you think of my theory?
    I don't know, honestly. I've not read it in enough detail to tell, and I'm not sure I'm going to, depending on how Sakura is going to be treated here.

My interest in cross-overs like this is limited at the best of times, and "Sakura as a Dark Magical Girl" could very easily be used as an excuse to play her as a Complete Monster villain by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

I see.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    Yeah, which means that she's now entirely free of Zouken and can do whatever she likes.

Which she may be. She could also be a sleeper agent until the final story arc. We'd just have to wait and see.

Unrelatedly, the villain line-up:

1) Beryl & Type-Metalla
    2) Kotomine Kirei & the Holy Grail
    3) The Black Princess Nehellania
    4) Theophanus Ortenrosse of the White Wing
    5) Gaia Terminal - The Dark Six

Misc. Notes:

Medea Hypothesis -- multicellular life is suicidal
    Anima Mundi, the Sword of Brunestud
    Remains of Ryougi Shiki were found eaten in an abandoned warehouse filled with weed.
    clock tower headmaster = fan of harry potter
    trapped the Forest of Einnashe in one location so that his academy could have a forbidden forest

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Where does Sakura fit into that?

Numbers 2, 4, and 5.

Blog Entries
    Remains of Ryougi Shiki were found eaten in an abandoned warehouse filled with weed.
    Le sigh. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fallacies View Post
    Numbers 2, 4, and 5.
    She's involved with mroe than one?

Am I, as a Sakrua fan, likely to want to read this, or should I just leave the thread now?

What ever happened to Araya, and what will the boys be doing?

Tohno Shiki = main male protagonist. Tuxedo Kamen's replacement? Wears a blindfold.
    Emiya Shirou = no definite plans for now. Possibly an ally?
    Kokuto Mikiya = Possibly dead.
    EMIYA = Counter Guardian of Alaya, and thus theoretically an antagonist.

Araya Souren was defeated his apartment building / workshop, but Shirazumi Rio was still active at the time.
    Shirazumi ended up 'consuming' Ryougi Shiki; she "became a part of him."

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    So Shiki is Satsujiki from the get go? Why is his title a mere monster?
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

It's what he views himself as, as well as what he views most phantasmal beings as.
    More importantly, it's what he -- at the present juncture -- dislikes others seeing him as, and what he fears they might see him as if they knew him well.
    These views may be subject to change in the near future of the story.
    And yeah, he's Satsujinki by the beginning of the story proper.
    Last edited by fallacies; October 12th, 2011 at 07:49 PM.

Well, I say that if you have EMIYA as a theoretical enemy, you need Shirou in the group of the protagonists.

Spoiler: