Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Admit your Roleplaying biases

Blog Entries
    ^

AND THINK HARDER, BLOBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    ...That doesn't sound too powerful. I mean, unless a Servant is using them runes are stated to be pretty weak against enemies anyway.
    Not meant to be used against Servants.

Anyways, he had runes carved across his body and he could change their effects at a moment's notice.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    Not meant to be used against Servants.

Anyways, he had runes carved across his body and he could change their effects at a moment's notice.
    Sounds interesting....

I'm experimenting with a new character type that might be apart from my usual character type in Sengoku and Scatter the kaleidoscope.

Teasing the Penguin God!

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I kinda despise killing my players when i'm the game master.

as a player my issues are varied but it wholly depends on the system.

usually in D&D i wind up playing wizards or the guild master (thunder clap)
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    as a player my issues are varied but it wholly depends on the system.
    Uh, not really? Everyone has a set of general things that they do regardless of setting or system.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Uh, not really?
    what i do in story teller is different from tri stat and that is different from D20 or D6. my bias' are almost wholly dependent on the setting and system.

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Eh, I don't buy it. What kind of characters you like to play does not change depending on what kind of dice you roll.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I guess I like playing gentle giants.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Eh, I don't buy it. What kind of characters you like to play does not change depending on what kind of dice you roll.
    This. Roleplaying tendencies don't vary, whichever the system is. It's a matter of personal taste.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries

not true. a system having humanity or sanity are big game changers leo. it's entirely reasonable to have different play preferences based on major game differences.

In my old board, I tended to play typical Western Fantasy Protagonist-types, mostly as a reaction to the excessive amounts of androgynous teenage angsters that I saw in animes & JRPG's at the time.

Right now, I don't even know my tendencies. Someone please spot check for me? :3

Blog Entries
    not true. a system having humanity or sanity are big game changers leo. it's entirely reasonable to have different play preferences based on major game differences.
    Entirely reasonable, but that doesn't change the basic calculus of the thing. You do not turn into an entirely different RPer just because it has 6 sides: that's just absurd.

Unless you're the type of person who leaves decisions up to fate.

Like Mr. "Flip a coin to decide whether to help or kill all the other students" Kiriyama. XD

Blog Entries
    My characters must dress sharply as well!

Well, only one of them wears a suit.

But the other two wouldn't really wear a suit. One is a talking bear and the other is a girl.

Blog Entries
    I usually play females, and if a male, it's usually a trap. Out of my entire RP life, I've only ever played....one male, that can be recognized as a male? That's it, pretty much.

I also generally try to incorporate animals in one way or the other in my RP characters. And I also have a bad habit of taking ideas from stuff I'm currently playing/watching.

Oh, and I also haaaate most nice characters. Or at least, those that are nice for the sake of being nice. I don't find them interesting enough unless they have some kind of secret. The last nice guy character I played was being controlled, and was going to possibly turn into a psychopath in the future.

Also, most of my characters either talk like a gangsta or talk like a polite lady. And generally wear winter clothes. :X
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

Blog Entries
    You do not turn into an entirely different RPer just because it has 6 sides: that's just absurd.
    that is not what i'm saying

I lack the balls to kill (and thus remove from the RP) a fellow RPer's character. Does not always apply, but If the player is one I know well, most of the times the potential guilt makes me lose the battle on purpose. Many times it happened, many times.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    that is not what i'm saying
    You're saying that you change what chars you play to the system: that's exactly what I'm saying, plus snark.

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    I lack the balls to kill (and thus remove from the RP) a fellow RPer's character. Does not always apply, but If the player is one I know well, most of the times the potential guilt makes me lose the battle on purpose. Many times it happened, many times.
    What if you're playing as JOHN RAMBO?

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

Blog Entries
    You're saying that you change what chars you play to the system
    actually the implication was that i change based on the setting which is often hand and hand with a system change.