Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zelretch's Hallowe'en Experiments, Open Range of Ideas thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Why should Rin get the broken Jedi, though?

Although, technically, Leia is a pretty strong Jedi herself, once she learns....
    Well, I was going to argue about not repeating universes again, but then I realized that the child of Kiritsugu are both from Negima, so why not? And Mara isn't one of the most broken Jedi (although post-RotJ almost every Jedi and Sith are pretty broken)

Well, Sakura shows occasional fear of Rin, but I don't even recall any signs of anger.
    I was thinking both of DS (it's her anger, mike, even if amplified by AM) and in Fate when Rin tries to kick her from the Emiya household, or when Shirou introduced Saber. Also HA.

The thing is, though, that without the events of HF, the connection never gets activated, and thus it has zero effect on Sakura. So, I see no reason for her to turn Dark.
    To be fair, the posibility is still there. It's just that, unless someone like Shirou perturbs her, she has it under control.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    I was thinking both of DS (it's her anger, mike, even if amplified by AM) and in Fate when Rin tries to kick her from the Emiya household, or when Shirou introduced Saber. Also HA.
    Yes, but everyone is capable of some level of anger. However, Sakura's is very limited and extremely well-controlled. If any character is in danger of turning to the Dark Side through anger, it's Rin. Just push a few Tsundere buttons and wait for the explosion....

To be fair, the posibility is still there. It's just that, unless someone like Shirou perturbs her, she has it under control.
    Not outside the Grail War it's not. Without the effects of being a Grail, AM has no way to get a foot-hold, even if something does happen to "perturb" her.

Sakura going as Shirou would be interesting, to say the least. Rin as Kotomine would just break things....
    Was kind of the point. I wonder if Ilya would have Berserkles kill Old Man Acht, for keeping her father away.

As for characters being under-powered, the spell doesn't change the quality or quantity of the subjects magic circuits (well, it doesn't reduce it, at least; if Zel could figure out how to make it increase either, he might try that, but I'm not sure what he could do for quality, and quantity generally requires taking them from someone else, or painfully and dangerously turning nerves into temporary ones), so even if Jedi-Padme, for example, is fairly weak in the Force, Sakura would be using her skills with Sakura's prana capacity, not Padme's equivalent.

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb

Banned
    Blog Entries
    But Padme doesn't have any Jedi skills. Even if she does have some connection to the Force, she certainly does not have any training.

But Padme doesn't have any Jedi skills. Even if she does have some connection to the Force, she certainly does not have any training.
    You might want to go back and look at post # 39.

-- Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
    Fanfic does not a good argument make.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Not referencing specific fanfics, but concepts. Zel finds a parallel that's close enough.

-- Chinese Proverb

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Even if she becomes one, I can't imagine she's that well-trained.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Actually, for this it does, because the only way this can work is if they get the abilities of the characters as they see them. So, if Sakura happens to read a fanfic where Padme is an awesome Jedi the night before they go and is insipred to dress as her as a result, then Sakura would be an awesome Jedi.

Actually, for this it does, because the only way this can work is if they get the abilities of the characters as they see them. So, if Sakura happens to read a fanfic where Padme is an awesome Jedi the night before they go and is insipred to dress as her as a result, then Sakura would be an awesome Jedi.
    ... or a doujin, which is more likely. Japan has a bloody huge number of doujin of all varieties, most of which never get translated. If she reads such a doujin, and sees that Shirou is going as Anakin, well, this is long after the BAR.

-- Chinese Proverb

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ... or a doujin, which is more likely. Japan has a bloody huge number of doujin of all varieties, most of which never get translated. If she reads such a doujin, and sees that Shirou is going as Anakin, well, this is long after the BAR.
    Does Japan have Star Wars doujins?

But, yeah, the general principle is the same. Sakura reads something which makes Padme out to be a powerful Jedi (complete with lots of Anakin sex, probably...), Sakura reads it, sees that Shirou is going as Anakin and makes the connection....

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Suddenly.. Saber appears in an Obi-Wan get-up and asks Shirou for some brotastic trick-or-treating!!

Yes, but everyone is capable of some level of anger. However, Sakura's is very limited and extremely well-controlled. If any character is in danger of turning to the Dark Side through anger, it's Rin. Just push a few Tsundere buttons and wait for the explosion....

That's the thing, a Jedi must have complete control of his anger. In that sense she is like Anakin when he was young. He has his anger under control for most of the time, but when he explodes, Darth Vader happens.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    That's the thing, a Jedi must have complete control of his anger. In that sense she is like Anakin when he was young. He has his anger under control for most of the time, but when he explodes, Darth Vader happens.
    So, then, Rin would become a Sith inside about a second....

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nope. Rin's anger is...shallow. Automatically going to the Dark Side is about having issues, not about being tsun.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not being a saintly monk makes you a Sith.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Nope. Rin's anger is...shallow. Automatically going to the Dark Side is about having issues, not about being tsun.
    Rin does anger easily, though, and not only over superficial things. Sakura does not.

Blog Entries
    Ah... just being easy to piss off does not make you Sith...
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Ah... just being easy to piss off does not make you Sith...
    No, but nor does Sakura really fit.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, but nor does Sakura really fit.
    How familiar are you with Star Wars? Because I refuse to enter a battle of facts with a (mostly) unarmed foe. Especially since it's not to the death.

It can be so annoying...

Blog Entries
    Funnily enough, out of the entire Fate cast, the only one that I would say is Sith-esque is Dark Sakura. But, different thing, so, w/e.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?