Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zelretch's Hallowe'en Experiments, Open Range of Ideas thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    How familiar are you with Star Wars? Because I refuse to enter a battle of facts with a (mostly) unarmed foe. Especially since it's not to the death.

It can be so annoying...
    Reasonably. I've watched all the movies, read a couple of books, played a few of the games and read up on various things occasionally. However, I suspect you know more than me about Star Wars. However, that does not mean you know more about Sakura....

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Funnily enough, out of the entire Fate cast, the only one that I would say is Sith-esque is Dark Sakura. But, different thing, so, w/e.
    Yeah, Dark Sakura.

Blog Entries
    Like I said, different thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Reasonably. I've watched all the movies, read a couple of books, played a few of the games and read up on various things occasionally. However, I suspect you know more than me about Star Wars. However, that does not mean you know more about Sakura....
    I won't say you don't pay more attention to Sakura than I do, and thus consider yourself as someone who knows her better/more. If that's true it's not up to me to decide.

And no, not Dark Sakura. Just Sakura. Her history and actions, her refuge in the face of despair and those feelings for Shirou she clings to (from afar or up close)...they are all traits shared by light sided, well intended force users who fell to the Dark Side.

There's a reason it's called falling to the Dark Side, when it happens to a Jedi. The story isn't " a person who is bad/evil on the inside awakens to it and uses the dark side to act as the evil being they always were," it is "the dark side of her emotions and mentality connect her to the dark side of the force through her force sensitivity, and the result is a being who, driven by the Dark Side (think Angra Manyu, times the whole universe, only with a much weaker connection) acts evil."

However good a person is, circumstances beyond their control can lead to a darkness within, which, if the person is force sensitive, can lead to the dark side. Sakura has the kind of circumstances that make her most vulnerable to falling to the dark side. It doesn't make her any less of a good person.

Until she falls. Then is when debates about morals, ethics, blame, responsibility and stuff begins. Let's save those for later, okay?

The thing is, how easily you fall to the dark side depends very much on the era/style of your Jedi training. A fair number of pre-Ruusan Jedi acted in ways that would have caused a prequel era Jedi to fall, but they didn't (to tired to give specific examples, but this has been argued back and forth on numerous boards). One important factor in this case is what Sakura believes, since her impressions are being used by Zel's ritual to find someone with abilities reasonably similar to the costume she's wearing: if she thinks Padme would fall to the Dark Side fairly easily from not being a perfect saint, then Sakura would have a big problem. If she thinks Padme would just need to be a generally good person, and not let her anger control her to avoid falling, then Sakura is unlikely to fall. The same for Rin, Shirou, et cetra.

For anyone who is fictional in the Nasuverse, the abilities are copied from someone in a parallel world who's a reasonably close match, but as with False Assassin in the Fifth Heaven's Feel, the memories are faked up, in this case by the mind of the wearer, and the gadget doing the seeking, to match the wearer's impressions, and the parallel's abilities. For characters that aren't fictional in the Nasuverse, its much easier, as both the abilities and memories are directly copied - which would really piss off Gilgamesh, if Shirou had been dressed as him.

EDIT: In theory, you could have a non-evil Sith, as they do appear in fanfic, and could appear in doujin (think about yin-yang, and it makes more sense), but that will result in lots of angry fanboys, once they read it. A Sith sorceress who screwed up an enslavement technique, and became Anakin's slave, would be more believable.
    Last edited by Prince Charon; October 20th, 2011 at 06:49 PM.

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    I won't say you don't pay more attention to Sakura than I do, and thus consider yourself as someone who knows her better/more. If that's true it's not up to me to decide.

And no, not Dark Sakura. Just Sakura. Her history and actions, her refuge in the face of despair and those feelings for Shirou she clings to (from afar or up close)...they are all traits shared by light sided, well intended force users who fell to the Dark Side.

There's a reason it's called falling to the Dark Side, when it happens to a Jedi. The story isn't " a person who is bad/evil on the inside awakens to it and uses the dark side to act as the evil being they always were," it is "the dark side of her emotions and mentality connect her to the dark side of the force through her force sensitivity, and the result is a being who, driven by the Dark Side (think Angra Manyu, times the whole universe, only with a much weaker connection) acts evil."

However good a person is, circumstances beyond their control can lead to a darkness within, which, if the person is force sensitive, can lead to the dark side. Sakura has the kind of circumstances that make her most vulnerable to falling to the dark side. It doesn't make her any less of a good person.

Until she falls. Then is when debates about morals, ethics, blame, responsibility and stuff begins. Let's save those for later, okay?
    I can understand that. But, equally, Sakura is very good at resisting such impulses, as was proven by what happened in HF. It took a hell of a lot for AM to break her.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can understand that. But, equally, Sakura is very good at resisting such impulses, as was proven by what happened in HF. It took a hell of a lot for AM to break her.
    Okay. I will stop arguing here. Because I can.

Let's look at Tsukihime for a bit. Imagine, if you will, that a short time before the start of the events of the VN, or very early in it, Zel arranges a costume party, with a manga theme. Shiki gets to be Urashima Keitaro, with the girls he might end up with as the Hina girls - though I'm not sure which is which. This is not so much to add power or skill, as to alter their personalities a bit, perhaps making Shiki less of an ass, or helping the twins deal with their trauma better. Mind you, Kaolla and Motoko do have interesting skills. Perhaps Sacchin could be Motoko, since she appears to have either a lot of magic circuits, or quite high-quality ones, given all the stages she skipped, when she became a vampire.

-- Chinese Proverb

A thought occurred to me while reading other threads on this forum: Shirou dresses as Ichigo. Just how many 'interesting' swords has Ichigo seen, so far?

Related strange thought: Shirou goes as Kuchiki Byakuya, Sakura as the spirit of Senbonzakura, Ilya as Rukia, and Rin as Yoruichi.

-- Chinese Proverb

Didn't want to triple post, but I've gotten some ideas from fanfics on this board:

Imagine, if you will, that some of the F/sn cast are made to dress as characters from Nanoha. Imagine that Illya gets a toy bunny, blonde hair dye, and one green contact, for example. Afterwards, she retains the ability to take on her adult form - which looks a lot like Irisviel in skintight clothes. If Shirou is made to crossdress as Nanoha, it won't be a Shirou/Illya story. As Einhalt Stratos, OTOH (or Illya as Einhalt, for that matter, as she has about the same power), its another matter.

Other thoughts involved Sakura going as Hayate, with some of the others as the Wolkenritter. Shirou as Signum might or might not allow him to Trace Laevatein, afterwards, but its an interesting thought. Due to a slight similarity of names, Rin as Rein occurred to me. Also thought of her or Illya as Shamal. Making Illya Vita could be considered cruel.

Another thought was Shirou as Yuuno, due to the latter's ability to do fairly impressive magic without a Device.

Having Rin dress as Shari amuses me, what with the 'technophobe becomes technomage' concept. Also, Rin looks cute in glasses. Anyway, having at least one Device Meister like Shari might be necessary for them to make Intelligent Devices of their own.

-- Chinese Proverb

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Eveonder's Avatar
    Well, Sakura is an interesting case, actually. Would Zouken still be inside her, or would he just vanish? And, if he is, could she find any way to get rid of him?
    Zouken is dressed up as Sakura so he becomes Sakura and Sakura is probably dressed up as Shirou or something...
    Fate is fickle and Irony is a driving force of the world.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sakura as a Time Lord. Heart worm? No problem, I've got two. World of magic? Inject some super-science. Also crazy time travel shenanigans for the whole cast. (like visiting their HS in their times)

Is the Nanoha one really that boring?

-- Chinese Proverb

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know nothing about Nanoha, so don't expect anything from me.

I know nothing about Nanoha, so don't expect anything from me.
    Yeah, but you're not one of the two that replied after I posted it. I suppose its possible that none of the people here who do know about Nanoha have read this, but that's a little odd.

If you get a chance, you might enjoy it, BTW,

-- Chinese Proverb