Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: The Secret Ingredient is Love (Post HF-True) (Shirou, Sakura) (One-shot)

Blog Entries

The Secret Ingredient is Love (Post HF-True) (Shirou, Sakura) (One-shot)

So, Moczo and I got onto Skype and started chatting, as we are wont to do.

We got carried away by some plotbunnies, as we are wont to do.

We actually sat down and collaborated a whole one-shot within.... an hour, at least? We don't usually do that part for some reason or another.

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura took a deep breath, steeling herself. Today was the day, finally; after putting the news off for weeks, months, she was going to approach Shirou about something she had kept hidden from him for a good, long time. She had initially kept quiet first because she hadn’t wanted to upset him, and then because, on some small level, it kind of fascinated her that he seriously never noticed it.

But now… now was the time to be honest.

Exhaling a little shakily, the purple-haired woman ran a hand through her hair before she headed to the place she knew she could always find her boyfriend, without fail.

The kitchen.

Shirou was already in the kitchen preparing dinner for the evening, humming to himself and completely lost in the movements and the scents. Sakura lingered for a moment in the doorway, just watching him, before she shook herself. “Senpai?”

No response. As if he hadn’t heard her, Shirou kept humming, chopping vegetables with a skilled hand, his golden eyes focused on the task.

This wasn’t an encouraging start.

Another deep breath. “SENPAI!”

Shouting may have not been needed, but it was hard to tell when Shirou was really in the groove.

Thankfully, it worked; her boyfriend jerked in surprise, snapped out of his thoughts, and glanced up. He smiled when he saw her. “Oh, Sakura, you’re back from shopping already? Rider said you’d both be gone for a few hours.”

A warm, red flush flooded her cheeks. “It took less time than we thought,” she muttered, and shook her head hard to focus and push away memories. “Um, Senpai? Do you think dinner can wait? We need to talk.”

He frowned. “But I’m making Chinese tonight—“

“We need to talk right now, Senpai.”

Shirou was out of the kitchen and sitting at the living room table so fast he nearly left fire in his wake. For a minute there, he could have sworn his girlfriend had channeled her darker self.

Pleased with this, Sakura daintily folded her legs and sat across from him, clasping her hands on the table.

Quick and clean, Sakura, that’s the way.

She brushed loose strands of hair out of her eyes and finally spoke.

“Senpai, I’m having an affair.”

Shirou blinked several times, but beyond that said nothing. His eyes were inscrutable... Sakura could not tell offhand what, if any, impact the news had on him. Unsure of what else to do, she continued.

“It's... Rider, of course. If it was anyone, it was going to be her, you know how much time we spend together. And I... senpai, I'm sorry. I really am. I never meant for this to happen, but... she was there, and you... you weren't.”

“Sakura... I don't understand. I'm almost always here.” Shirou said softly.

Sakura sighed, uncertain of how to bring this up. Even more than the news of the affair, this was what she had been dreading. “Senpai... you have been present, but you haven't been here. For me, I mean. I just... hope that you understand that I wouldn't have done this without good reason? I've been... neglected, for some time, senpai. I've felt like... like there was someone else for you, too, and that it was somehow okay for me to be with Rider because you didn't need me anyway.”

“Sakura.... of course not! There's no other girl for me, you know that!” Shirou protested.

“No... no other girl...” Sakura murmured. “And it's... not really a...” She stopped, realizing how ridiculous it sounded. But she had no choice. “Senpai, what is for dinner?”

“Oh! We're having Chinese food. I've been practicing a lot, and I was thinking for the main dish a scallop and snow-pea stirfry, the firm yet tender texture of scallops makes them an excellent choice for stir-fry recipes. Here, their sweet taste is enhanced with sesame-soy sauce...”

“Yes! Yes, that is the problem, hat exactly!” Sakura finally snapped. “Senpai, I love to cook. You know that. But the sweet taste is always enhanced by a soy sauce. Or the aroma of the celery is improved by chopping them! Or the slight pinch of sugar brings out the flavor of the meat more fully! It never ends!

“... … … so you want something else for dinner?” Shirou asked.

“No, Senpai! What I want is a lover who puts more thought into my needs than he does into the brunch menu!” Sakura snapped. “I may be cheating on you with Rider... but you were cheating on me with the kitchen since the day we met!”

Shirou blinked. For a good, long moment there was nothing but silence between them. Sakura could practically hear the gears turning in his brain as he tried to connect the dots.

“… I don’t follow,” he said at last.

Sakura’s head met the table’s surface with a loud, sharp thud. Shirou jumped. “Sakura?”

She held up a hand; he clicked his mouth shut. Finally, she groaned and lifted her head from the table, glaring at him.

“Of course you don’t follow, you probably haven’t even noticed!” she snapped, seriously losing her patience with the boy. “Senpai, you want to know how long I’ve been having an affair with Rider? A year! A year and a half, to be exact! And you never noticed!”

Shurou frowned. “I’m sure that’s not true.”

“Remember the time you came into the back room because you were looking for a new herbal spice to sweeten your soup?”

His eyes lit up. “Oh, of course! I’ve perfected the recipe, by the way, would you like to try some? Tohsaka really liked it when I gave it to her—“

“No, Senpai.”

“But I’m sure it’s finally just right, it won’t make you sick like last time—“

“I said no, Senpai,” Sakura snarled, and rubbed her eyes. “That isn’t even the point of the conversation, anyway. My point is, Rider and I were having sex in that room.”

Shirou blinked. “… You were?”

Sakura nodded.

“…. Really?”

Sakura nodded again.

“… I didn’t notice.”

“We were right in the corner. I wasn’t even trying to be quiet.”

“….” Shirou shrugged helplessly. “I didn’t see you. Maybe it was dark.”

“It was the middle of the afternoon.”

The silence after that sentence was thick, indeed.

“… Are you sure you don’t want to try—“

“NO, SENPAI.”

Shirou scowled, scratching the back of his neck. “I’m sorry I didn’t notice, Sakura. You two were just really subtle.”

Sakura had to resist the urge to slam her face into the table again. “The last time we had sex, I was calling out Rider’s name.”

“…. You were? I didn’t notice.”

“Of course you didn't notice! You were probably thinking about... about soufflé or something!”

“Actually, the last time we had sex, I think I was working on a new muffin recip-”

I don't need the details!” Sakura snarled. “What I need is a lover who cares! Who is actually concerned about my needs! Who doesn't spend our time in bed together thinking about muffins!”

“... well, sometimes it's about the soup. You're sure you don't...”

I don't want any soup, dammit!”

“Ah, I understand. You're in a salad mood.” Shirou said, nodding his understanding.

Stop thinking about *$%@ing dinner!”

“No, no, for dinner it's stir-fry...”

Not remotely my point!” Sakura shrieked, her voice beginning to take a slightly unstable edge. “Senpai! For the love of all that's holy! When Rider and I are together she... she's gentle, and concerned and she is so dedicated to my pleasure it's like I'm being worshiped. With you, it's... it's... you never even look me in the eye, Senpai.”

“... I made you pancakes for breakfast, though.”

“SENPAI!” She snapped. “This is serious! We have sex maybe, maybe once every three months, and when we do you... you manhandle me. You're rough, and coarse, and you act like I'm just a piece of me-- oh God.”

“What?”

“Like.... like a piece... of...meat...” Sakura stammered. “Senpai. I want you to look me in the eye, and tell me that you have never thought about tenderizing steak while we were having sex.”

Shirou did not look her in the eye. “Of... course not.”

SENPAI.”

... it was pork-chops. You need to properly tenderize them before grilling to lock in the juices and...”

“There are no words to describe how little I care!”

“You would certainly be caring this Friday when we have them for supper!”

“I might be slightly preoccupied with the fact that my supposed boyfriend would rather be nailing the appetizer than me!” Sakura shrieked, one eye now visibly twitching.

“... … … you're sure you don't want some soup? It's not hard to make, I could whip up a batch.”

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” Sakura rammed her head a few more times into the table, appreciating the solid 'thuds'. “You... are you even listening to me? Should I have even bothered? I! Am! Having! An! Affair!”

“So... Rider will be over for dinner, then?”

“… In one ear, out the other, isn’t it?” Sakura groaned, now with a splitting headache as a result of her numerous collisions with the table. She rubbed her forehead, and sighed. “Senpai…”

“Is Rider coming over for dinner or not? I kind of need to plan here, you know.”

“…” Her eye twitched dangerously. Breathe in, breathe out. You’re almost at the end of it. “Senpai,” she said firmly, “I’ve made up my mind.”

Shirou’s eyes glowed. “You do want soup?”

“… No. In fact, I don’t think I’ll ever want soup again after this conversation.” Sakura stood up, decision made. “I’m leaving you, Senpai. Yes, you saved my life, you freed me… but Rider honestly loves me and wants to be with me. And frankly, I’m tired of being the other woman in our relationship. Other... kitchen. Other something. I don't even know what the Hell is going on anymore, but it clearly needs to end.”

“…..” Shirou just stared. He seemed a little cross-eyed.

Sakura exhaled deeply, then bowed to him, hands clasped in front of her skirt. “Thank you for everything, Shirou,” she said as warmly as she could manage, considering the conversation they had just had. “I’ll never forget what you did for me, and I’ll see you at school. I hope you’ll be very happy. I... I know you'll be well-fed, at least.”

Head held high, back straight and shoulders squared, Sakura gave her former first love one last look before she left the house, closing the door behind her.

A long, long silence fell as Shirou tried to comprehend what had just happened. Finally, he opened his mouth.

“So does this mean it’s just going to be me and Taiga tonight?”

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Pfft! C:<
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

OK, this is funny.

Really funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

Blog Entries
    We get weird ideas when we talk, for some reason.

Blog Entries
    Oh god this is perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I...I don't know what to say. On one hand, this is really funny. On the other, it's really hard to read Shirou being so painfully oblivious. Maybe he came back wrong?

I'm tempted to take this as a prelude for Shirou/Taiga. He can be sure that Taiga will always appreciate his food! Since Saber isn't around.

I'm going to say this is good. Sakura being the one to break up with Shirou, Sakura/Rider, and Shirou being even more obsessed with food than he is with swords has won me over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Oh god lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    On the other, it's really hard to read Shirou being so painfully oblivious. Maybe he came back wrong?
    Yeah, we decided pretty early on in the piece that Shirou was going to be oblivious as a rock. Otherwise, the joke doesn't really work very well.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Oh Shirou. Your derpiness is just so ridiculously funny.

You know what he deserves here? Chef Ramsey to ruin his life by insulting his cooking.

But nicely done, good build up, and I never saw it coming.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is hilarious, but at the same time. Shirou chose...poorly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    This is hilarious, but at the same time. Shirou chose...poorly...
    Shhh, don't tell him that.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Yeah, we decided pretty early on in the piece that Shirou was going to be oblivious as a rock. Otherwise, the joke doesn't really work very well.
    Oh I agree. This would fall flat and be full of angst if Sakura's frustration with Shirou was anything less than completely justified.

@Bloble: Chef Ramsey would be in such awe of his dedication and cooking, that the only thing he can do is insult Shirou for his complete lack of a life. When Shirou smiles and waves it off, Ramsey breaks down into tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

For a second there, I thought it was going to be Issei.

Made me lol.

Shirou x Kitchen OTP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    For a second there, I thought it was going to be Issei.

Made me lol.

Shirou x Kitchen OTP
    Their love is so true and pure.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Shhh, don't tell him that.
    Why not, its not like he'll understand me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    Why not, its not like he'll understand me.
    True, true.

Blog Entries
    Oh, WOW.

At the start I had thought it's Sakura going to tell Shirou she's pregnant >.>

I certainly laughed at this, many times even. Though I wonder if there's any Sakura fans out there that might be offended at this one-shot...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    Though I wonder if there's any Sakura fans out there that might be offended at this one-shot...
    Meh. Humor is humor, and it's often hit or miss. ^^;;;; We'll just have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    Though I wonder if there's any Sakura fans out there that Mike might be offended at this one-shot...
    Fixed that for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RR121 View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    You're going to jinx it, you know.