Thread: Avalon

Apparently BL Jesus Umbra of Chaos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    By the power of greyskull, what the fuck is that?
    They've even done it to other characters. Poor Shiki. She isn't even anything close to a dragon.

Anyway some pics:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Umbra of Chaos; January 24th, 2014 at 10:15 PM.

The meme is dead, long live the meme.

[3:24:35 PM] Italian Leo: i was never a faggot
    [3:24:42 PM] Italian Leo: but rather a shining ray of hope

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra of Chaos View Post
    They've even done it to other characters. Poor Shiki. She isn't even anything close to a dragon.
    See, I've browsed DA for Saber and I didn't get ANY of that.

Spoiler:

Pretty sure there was a version of that without the text floating around somewhere on a previous page... *searches*

Darn, lower resolution, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I looked there before actually. It's missing all the dialogue poses. Those are just CGs and stuff.

As for Kiritsugu and Saber, everybody has bits of it right.

Kiritsugu hates Saber because he wants to be a hero like her and it reminds him of his failure. But he also hates how she doesn't realize that her way of thinking is only possible for someone who's superhuman, not anyone else. He would be like her, but he's not some godlike being so he has to resort to other tactics. Why can Superman be so merciful on his enemies? Because he's invincible so he has nothing to fear. But a normal person would just get killed instantly if they acted like that, so it's not a luxury they can afford. Meanwhile Saber is inspiring normal people to try that out and just sending them off to their deaths, basically.

Edit: Also one thought just occured to me, Saber isn't superhuman. She has one special skill related to magic and a few powerful weapons, but otherwise, she's a normal person who simply worked hard to become great, much like Batman. So the Superman metaphor doesn't work too well because she isn't superhuman, she's normal (well, as normal as Kriri and Shirou anyway), she just worked and pushed herself to achieve that greatness.

That was why he got mad at her talking about war and combat like it was noble. It can only be noble if you are strong enough to make it noble.
    That might be one way of putting it. However it should be noted that the dude basically is like her. Again, Saber didn't always use noble methods even if she preferred them. She constantly had to make un-kinghtly decisions as king because she had no other way, just like Kiri. So if what you say is true, Kiritsugu's discontent around Saber (hate is a strong word for this) is actually just, as I was saying, a reflection of his own belief that he isn't good enough and that he failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizorsan View Post
    I didn't compare them with Unlimited Codes.
    On the other hand Shirou had 1 pro against her: The Cave itself and she was going easy on him. (Holding Back)
    Alter isn't fine with if she would win from Shirou. (End of Sparks Liner High, Bad End 39 and 40.)
    If Alter would use Excalibur INSIDE the Cave...
    It would collapse and she would go Kamikaze with that.
    On the Illya part...
    I agree with you.
    I didn't say anything about Unlimited Codes, just a subtle jab at how poorly programmed the A.I. is.

Correction, the cave would not collapse if Excalibur was used, Shirou was just guessing that, but since she used it and the cave didn't collapse, that proves he was wrong. She didn't use it against him because, like you said, she was holding back, but that's probably the most she can hold back. She still has to show no mercy with her technique and pull no punches, even if she doesn't want to fight him at all. So it evens out since Shriou can't use his NP and Saber is restricting her own.

Also that's a completely moot point, she didn't use Excalibur on Archer in HF Day 10, she defeated him with three powerhouse strikes, that's it. Archer could only block the blows, but not divert their strength because he was stuck on the ground by the mud. So he could only block to avoid fatal blows.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; January 25th, 2014 at 12:58 AM.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    She used Excalibur, but it was only against Rider who canceled out most of it. So if it hit the cave itself it would be a different story.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    She used Excalibur, but it was only against Rider who canceled out most of it. So if it hit the cave itself it would be a different story.

IDK, I don't think using the argument that ANOTHER giant attack of destruction capable of bringing down the cave is making it less likely that the cave will collapse. Even if they coiide with eachother, the energy being blasted out and colliding would still impact the cave. If the cave can survive that, I think it can survive Excalibur alone, though I suppose it depends on the angle she swings it considering how Excalibur works.

In any case, even if the cave did collapse, Saber can warp anywhere in this form, she could just warp out of there, she's not using it because she doesn't want to win that fight.
    Last edited by Jacktheinfinite101; January 25th, 2014 at 02:18 AM.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Oh BTW Umbra, earlier you reposted that Alter & Vader pic, so I figured I'd repost the other image:
    Memorable quotes

Schizoid Personality Disorder SH1234's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    .pic
    Srsl cool shit there
    Made by Tusia

My very first attempt on writting, I don't have courage to post it anywhere but my blog.

My little project (no longer delayed, but release date is like constipation)

Spoiler:
    Finally I'm a shirekan

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SH1234 View Post
    Srsl cool shit there
    Agreed here.
    Badass is always appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, the 3 kings...
    But Gil ruins the Image, XD.

Quote Originally Posted by KosakiFag View Post
    Why don't you love him too then?
    You're both Grails.

Blog Entries

^ Hey, Rin Saber...
    Long time no see.
    Last Image is pretty cool.

You're both Grails.

Blog Entries
    I actually prefer Rin x Saber to Saber x Shirou.

I prefer Rin Saber actually, because with Shirou...Saber is damn underleveled...
    I'm still surprised that Saber did survive under Shirous Control with that Poor Mana Supply...

You're both Grails.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Saber can actually regenerate 8 prana units on her own while consuming 6 units of prana when staying idle, but I wonder how much consumption rises without HG's support. Rin apparently needs Shirou to do things with Saber to help her out, though she was confident I think that she could maintain both Saber and Archer since she wanted Archer to stay.

Saber Alter can actually stay indefinitely due to completely physical body granted by AM (Arturia has flesh and blood body, but the world still recognizes her as being who should not be there, so she needs prana to stay), but like Gilgamesh she would need to stock extra power for excess NP spamming.
    Last edited by Kat; January 25th, 2014 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    Saber can actually regenerate 8 prana units on her own while consuming 6 units of prana when staying idle, but I wonder how much consumption rises without HG's support. Rin apparently needs Shirou to do things with Saber to help her out, though she was confident I think that she could maintain both Saber and Archer since she wanted Archer to stay.

Saber Alter can actually stay indefinitely due to completely physical body granted by AM, but like Gilgamesh she would need to stock extra power for excess NP spamming.
    Actually, Alter is more complete.
    The Grail and The Shadow supports her.
    (Which is strange, because Saber doesn't have Divinity.)
    Rin + Alter is a painful duo.
    Alter Drains even more Mana, but Rin does have the right Mana Supply.
    But even if Alter did survive, she would be a different Heroic Spirit (Ehem... Dark Spirit) than Saber if she would be summoned for a 2nd HGW.

- - - Updated - - -

1st one: Saved. (New one for me)
    2nd one: Past vs Future. (GAR Battle incoming)
    3rd one: Why does one look so peaceful when you know something BAD is gonna happen?

You're both Grails.

Blog Entries

Wait what?
    Black Chains of Endiku.
    How is possible that Gilgamesh got corrupted?
    Did he lose his Ego? LOL.

You're both Grails.