Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Someone to Come Home to (FSN Oneshot)

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Good point. Rules get kicked to the curb every day.

EDIT: Then I am annoyed that there was no explanation for why Sakura is so awesome by living with this absurd amounts of energy. Yes, plot hole and at the end of the route for saving her, should not look closely. Whatever.

Until I receive a suitable explanation for why Sakura survives what Ilya does not, it shall be my personal head canon that both die from the strain of being the Grail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's because Sakura was more in tune with the corrupted version of the Grail for so long due to the fragment inside of her that it changed her capacity. I mean, even with the Greater Grail gone she still has a near unlimited source for mana that she can make use of and has absolutely no problem supporting Rider.

That, and as mentioned Ilya wasn't supposed to live past the war, but Sakura doesn't have the limited body of a homunculus. Ilya is basically running on borrowed time due to the fact that her body has stopped being able to function by itself, while Sakura is pretty much a normal magus.

...Or something like that. That's my best attempt at an explanation.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    I think it's because Sakura was more in tune with the corrupted version of the Grail for so long due to the fragment inside of her that it changed her capacity. I mean, even with the Greater Grail gone she still has a near unlimited source for mana that she can make use of and has absolutely no problem supporting Rider.

That, and as mentioned Ilya wasn't supposed to live past the war, but Sakura doesn't have the limited body of a homunculus. Ilya is basically running on borrowed time due to the fact that her body has stopped being able to function by itself, while Sakura is pretty much a normal magus.

...Or something like that. That's my best attempt at an explanation.
    Yeah, but last I checked the Einzbern expected the War fifty years later. Unless I'm forgetting a line about Ilya not being expected to be the Grail in the first place, I would think her body was built to last. So to speak. Also, child of Irisiviel and Kiritsugu, IIRC so...yeah. Guess her situation is iffy.

Still. It's not enough to sell me that she'd die under the strain that she was made for when Sakura, with a few corrupted Grail shards, endures apparently so effortlessly that it doesn't bear mentioning.

As for limited body of a homunculus....having absurd amounts of Magic Circuits is limited? Eh...if a Homonculus built to be the Grail fails, a human converted into a Grail survives? Not buying it. Feels more like a plot hole.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    You inspired me to write this!

You have only yourself to blame.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

Blog Entries
    Indeed he does.

Oh, and Arashi?

WHERE'S THAT RIN/AYAKO YOU SAID I INSPIRED YOU TO WRITE?!

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    ...So you were lying when you said the story a couple of days ago drug up that plotbunny for you?

KILL HIM WITH FIRE!

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    ...Unless you can provide me with this quote, I am suspicious of being entrapped by a plot to make me write Ayako/Rin....

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Yeah, but last I checked the Einzbern expected the War fifty years later. Unless I'm forgetting a line about Ilya not being expected to be the Grail in the first place, I would think her body was built to last. So to speak. Also, child of Irisiviel and Kiritsugu, IIRC so...yeah. Guess her situation is iffy.

Still. It's not enough to sell me that she'd die under the strain that she was made for when Sakura, with a few corrupted Grail shards, endures apparently so effortlessly that it doesn't bear mentioning.

As for limited body of a homunculus....having absurd amounts of Magic Circuits is limited? Eh...if a Homonculus built to be the Grail fails, a human converted into a Grail survives? Not buying it. Feels more like a plot hole.
    Just because a homunculus body is fit for casting magic for however long they last, does not mean that they will be built up to spec to last.

Illya in particular, was alchemy'ed on from the moment she was single cell to make her a grail. Even without becoming a grail, Illya was going to die young. Sakura on the other hand, had a Darker And Crazier Side that could be said to be made "by the corrupted!Grail, for the corrupted!Grail" that, upon disappearing, left the original personality/persona to reap the benefits of the self modifications/healing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Just because a homunculus body is fit for casting magic for however long they last, does not mean that they will be built up to spec to last.

Illya in particular, was alchemy'ed on from the moment she was single cell to make her a grail. Even without becoming a grail, Illya was going to die young. Sakura on the other hand, had a Darker And Crazier Side that could be said to be made "by the corrupted!Grail, for the corrupted!Grail" that, upon disappearing, left the original personality/persona to reap the benefits of the self modifications/healing.
    For the Ilya meant to die young: I find it hard to believe that she was not meant to live at least 60 years.

As for Sakura's modifications....then apparently shards of the lesser Grail or AM are really good at presumably delicate manipulations that leave their host intact for years to come.

I'd debate the personality, but it's besides the point and my break time is over.

Granted, this is a slightly better explanation, but it still rankles. Particularly since as far as I can remember it isn't explained.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    You're right, I flubbed. I mistook you for Radiantbeam, Arashi.

...Still, don't feel that you can't write one...

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I fall not for your tricks and schemes!

Although I could just transpose this original bit like I did with the Shirou/Rin lemon...involving the Rin-like girl getting it on with a female archer, haha...I'll think about it...

Blog Entries
    How about Rin/Sakura?

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Less of this, more talking about either the story or how moe Illya is
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Adorable little sister-types are adorable.

And devoted, too.

Even if they are initially murderously bitter and depressed.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Moe moe little sister is the best.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    A touching story, Onii-chan.

Blog Entries
    My inner cynic and nitpicker is rearing its ugly head, but now I find it odd that Ilya never looks for alternate solutions to her body degrading, now that she has a substantial amount of time available to her. It is her body degrading and not her soul, right? If it's the soul then practically nothing can be done to save her, if it's her body then a puppet form like Heaven's Feel sounds feasible, if expensive and difficult to find. Wouldn't stop Shirou and Ilya from trying though. If this story were to be edited, I'd suggest finding some subtle way to shoot down those possibilities, even if it's just Ilya musing to herself.

Right, I'm done bitching for now. It's still a terribly sweet piece that I'm going to reread in the future despite my complaints.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Your awesomeness deserve manly tears sir! MANLY FUCKING TEARS!!