Page 101 of 313 FirstFirst ... 51919699100101102103106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 6259

Thread: Dark Souls

Banned
    I am guessing King Vendrick found the remains of what was left of the actual dragons and used giant corpses and souls to try to recreate them somehow. I suppose it was to use them as weapons or something.

But yeah, the AD is probably a construct made from cannibalized Dragon and Giant parts, like those lying around in Aldia's Keep.

Banned
    Which also explains they are so weak. Seriously, their fire breath was not one shotting me like it should have. Hoping NG+ they learn to fire breath better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    I am guessing King Vendrick found the remains of what was left of the actual dragons and used giant corpses and souls to try to recreate them somehow. I suppose it was to use them as weapons or something.
    You mean Vendrick's brother.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephirin View Post
    Yeah, I wound up grabbing Gowen's Ring for Ancient Dragon and it helped a lot.
    WANT

But doesn't the fire hit you multiple times?
    Also, Nashandra's bow is pretty bitchin' at +5. Thank god I saved those petrified dragon bones.
    Such yes. Many agree.

I thought it was clear that all those dragons were contrived by men with Shanolette's dialogue which also explains why their tails don't got drops either. They fake as shit dragons or golem shaped dragons I am guessing.
    I'd thought they were Drakes of some sort, rather than dragons (Compare Kalameet with nooblord drakes in Valley of Drakes), but yeah, you're probably right. With the whole guardian dragon thing and the fact that they drop petrified dragon bones (ie; dragon bones that've been lying around so long they calcified), it's likely that they're a kind of monstrous thing they developed in Aldia.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Expressive Poker-Face Feng Lengshun's Avatar
    It's Vendrick brother, Aldia. It's said that him and Vendrick experimented with Giant's Souls to gain immortality to solve the whole undead problem. It's also said that Ancient Dragon created the other dragons... or rather, the Wyverns in the Dragon's Aerie (it's funny how he's the only dragon we see).

Banned
    Didn't Vendrick turn him into what he was and lock him into the mansion?

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    WANT

But doesn't the fire hit you multiple times?
    The fire AoE counts as a spell however, which doesn't tear the ring as much as a physical attack. Just slap a Bracing Knuckle RIng +2 in addition to it.

Banned
    Taken from the Aldia Key

Key used in the mansion of Aldia.
    King Vendrick condemned his own elder brother to the mansion.
    They both sought the truth, but through different means, and their fervor meant the eventual withering of their familial ties.

Didn't Vendrick turn him into what he was and lock him into the mansion?
    From what I've read, Aldia seems to be searching for immortality, while the Giant corpses in his Keep and how he drops Giant's Soul suggests that he's using Giant's Soul in his experiments. And he seems to combine himself with the Ancient Dragon (hence them saying "Us").

Banned
    I thought that was King Vendrick being a dick and punishing his brother for deviating from the atypical experiments he was doing.

Unless I looked too much into that and King Vendrick was being a dick because he did not want anyone to know that his brother was a freak of nature.

I thought that was King Vendrick being a dick and punishing his brother for deviating from the atypical experiments he was doing.

Unless I looked too much into that and King Vendrick was being a dick because he did not want anyone to know that his brother was a freak of nature.
    Vendrick was actually an okay guy, really. He tried to solve the undead problem through the Giants... using whatever the fuck he stole from them that made them so angry that their mere Souls weakens him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
    Vendrick was actually an okay guy, really. He tried to solve the undead problem through the Giants... using whatever the fuck he stole from them that made them so angry that their mere Souls weakens him.
    Kind of a dick move to lock your brother up because you hate him or think he's a freak. Vendrick could be a nice guy outside of that but nobodies perfect. Heck, he fell for Nashandra and if the flavor text is right she's a fragment of what was left of Manus.

Guy did stupid things. Bet what he stole was a bunch of giant children for extra dark.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    More lore
    So, the Rebel's Greatshield suggests whatshisface was an agent of Velka, and Velstadt's counterpart. Velstadt's soul and his magic suggests he's been corrupted or darkened, like Artorias or Manus, but he's still guarding the King's ring. Was he the Queen's man, and did he frame the other guy, exiling him in the process? Or was he loyal to the king, despite the corruption, and his presence at the King's chamber is because he's guarding the King's ring from the Queen?

Hell, maybe the darkened effect of the souls isn't necessarily because of the Dark, but due to the whole giant-ification thing- no, that doesn't make sense. The King's soul isn't darkened.

But then, you do find the King's soul in that little human chamber, so maybe he could remove it from himself? Fuck, I dunno.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure he locked up his brother for being a totally batshit mad scientist experimenting on the citizens.

Kind of a dick move to lock your brother up because you hate him or think he's a freak. Vendrick could be a nice guy outside of that but nobodies perfect. Heck, he fell for Nashandra and if the flavor text is right she's a fragment of what was left of Manus.

Guy did stupid things. Bet what he stole was a bunch of giant children for extra dark.
    Did he really did it or did you assume that he did it because he thinks Aldia's a freak?

And Nashandra manipulated him, you know? At first she was like all nice, warning him about the giants but, well, she's a part of Manus and that's all we need to know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Pretty sure he locked up his brother for being a totally batshit mad scientist experimenting on the citizens.
    Aldia experimented on the citizens? I thought he was just rounding up random monsters and experimenting on them like the Ogres in the cages at Aldia's Keep.
    Last edited by Fingolfin; May 4th, 2014 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Aldia experimented on the citizens? I thought he was just rounding up random monsters and experimenting on them like the Ogres in the cages at Aldia's Keep.
    From the guide entry on those exploding mummy hollows in the Lost Bastille and Sinner's Rise:

Spoiler:
    These Undead Citizens have been gathered up and exiled to the distant prison. For many their only crime was showing signs of the "Curse." But before you decry this injustice, face them in battle and see what horrors they are capable of…
    Former citizens of Drangleic who were the victims of Lord Aldia's experiments. Their bodies are horribly disfigured as a result of the unspeakable procedures to which they were subjected, their life forces now sustained by unstable and highly-volatile Souls.

Banned
    Or, if they originally worked together or not before whatever happened to Aldia to turn him into what he was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    From the guide entry on those exploding mummy hollows in the Lost Bastille and Sinner's Rise:

Spoiler:
    These Undead Citizens have been gathered up and exiled to the distant prison. For many their only crime was showing signs of the "Curse." But before you decry this injustice, face them in battle and see what horrors they are capable of…
    Former citizens of Drangleic who were the victims of Lord Aldia's experiments. Their bodies are horribly disfigured as a result of the unspeakable procedures to which they were subjected, their life forces now sustained by unstable and highly-volatile Souls.
    So, that's why they exploded.

Banned
    Wait, you actually bought a guide book instead of doing it au natural?

That takes like half the surprise and fun out of it.