Page 102 of 313 FirstFirst ... 2529297100101102103104107112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 6259

Thread: Dark Souls

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I did the same thing, only instead of actually buying the guidebook, I dropped a summon sign in a bunch of areas before I did them myself, just to check out the area and its traps rather than run in there myself and get owned.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Wait, you actually bought a guide book instead of doing it au natural?

That takes like half the surprise and fun out of it.
    No I didn't buy the guide book you dummy, I just pulled the quote from a wiki just now. Come on, have some common sense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    No I didn't buy the guide book you dummy, I just pulled the quote from a wiki just now. Come on, have some common sense.
    Well, you said guide.

Blog Entries
    Because it's from the guide. That I don't own. :V

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
    Did he really did it or did you assume that he did it because he thinks Aldia's a freak?

And Nashandra manipulated him, you know? At first she was like all nice, warning him about the giants but, well, she's a part of Manus and that's all we need to know.
    Taken from the Aldia Key

Key used in the mansion of Aldia.
    King Vendrick condemned his own elder brother to the mansion.
    They both sought the truth, but through different means, and their fervor meant the eventual withering of their familial ties.

Vendrick was the one who locked him up, yes.

Expressive Poker-Face Feng Lengshun's Avatar
    Vendrick was the one who locked him up, yes.
    Um, I think I used the wrong word. Was it ever actually stated that he did it because Aldia's a freak, or did someone only theorized it? Because what I'm reading is that it was that they both seeked the same goal, but for some unknown reason he later confined Aldia. My theory is that it's because it was he crossed the line and went too far, which is supported by the how it's said that he used the citizen for his experiments. Although interestingly, he's the one that managed to reach the goal.

Banned
    Um, I think I used the wrong word. Was it ever actually stated that he did it because Aldia's a freak, or did someone only theorized it? Because what I'm reading is that it was that they both seeked the same goal, but for some unknown reason he later confined Aldia. My theory is that it's because it was he crossed the line and went too far, which is supported by the how it's said that he used the citizen for his experiments. Although interestingly, he's the one that managed to reach the goal.
    I thought it was clear in the excerpt that King Vendrick's and Aldia's relationship went kapoot because of their fervor towards their respective methods to achieving some sort of truth. I guess in regards to the soul since they talk about that a lot and King Vendrick is mentioned as to having discovered many of its mysteries.

Nothing immortality related that you mentioned earlier. In fact, I think it was their research that lead to the curse resurfacing. Shanolete is clear that her creation is what fucked everything up. Whether Aldia, the King Vendrick, or both made her or not is unclear but from what I've seen so far Aldia is basically this games Seath except more pacifistic. What with all the human experimentation but that was on people who were cursed so you might be able to justify it...
    Last edited by Fingolfin; May 4th, 2014 at 02:49 PM.

Banned
    By justify it I mean Aldia could have been experimenting on them to try and find a cure for the curse. As a dragon he does seem helpful and not the mad scientist type. I doubt he himself is really that evil otherwise he would have attacked us outright when we see him.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless this was all a ruse and giving us the Ashen Mist Heart was not to make up for what he and his brother did but for some other insidious reason.

- - - Updated - - -

So many theories, so little time.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Heart of the Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Straight up attack spells are near worthless in PvP. Anyone with half a brain will roll them.

Now if you want to cheese all PvP encounters then you should run Avelyn! Maybe two of them!

Fuck that weapon. Everyone is using it.
    Yep that's me. Pull it out when they have no health left for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    It takes a special kind of arbiter scum to invade in Amana.
    Also me! But to be fair you need all the help you can get to rank up BoB.
    Just beat the Smelter Demon. It's easy!

Yeah, I'm obviously lying. I beat him long after I beat Old Iron King. How hard is Darklurker by the way? that's the only boss I haven't beaten, and after I finished getting all of my stats to 30, I'm going to start on NG+ with Covenant of Champion.
    Darklurker is easy... if you have good Pyromancy. Fire makes him cry. Seriously even on NG+ I pwn'ed him using pyromancy.

Banned
    Or, a +10 weapon with a fire element added to it. +5 if we're talking twinkling titanite. You can just use charcoal pine resin.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Heart of the Star's Avatar
    Or, a +10 weapon with a fire element added to it. +5 if we're talking twinkling titanite. You can just use charcoal pine resin.
    Also true. Pryomancy is easier though. Each Flame Swathe took of a third or so of its health.

Banned
    Also, a thing about Straid if he existed way before Drangleic what was he doing in the Lost Bastille and in a prison cell?

The Lost Bastille existed some time around Drangleic's era, right?

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also, a thing about Straid if he existed way before Drangleic what was he doing in the Lost Bastille and in a prison cell?

It probably also existed before Drangleic.

Considering who is locked away in it that is not surprising really.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Blog Entries

Pretty sure the Lost Bastille is supposed to have already existed in some form before Drangleic. Since he was talking about how people feared the undead and imprisoned them "here" (in the Bastille), and logically that pretty much has to refer to the people in his time since he's been a rock since before Drangleic existed.

Banned
    Pretty sure the Lost Bastille is supposed to have already existed in some form before Drangleic. Since he was talking about how people feared the undead and imprisoned them "here" (in the Bastille), and logically that pretty much has to refer to the people in his time since he's been a rock since before Drangleic existed.
    Then why is it populated with hollows that have been experimented on from Aldia's Keep specifically in the same prison room that Straid was in. It was swarming with those exploding hollows. Seriously, it's full of enemies that shouldn't be there or should be different or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    It probably also existed before Drangleic.

Considering who is locked away in it that is not surprising really.
    Who? Straid or Lost Sinner?

Neither we know how old they really are and there are people like MacDuff hanging around there. Unless MacDuff is stupid old.

Blog Entries
    Drangleic folks moved in and started using it, no need to let a perfectly good Lost Bastille go to waste after all. Don't see what's so confusing.

Banned
    Then they proceeded to completely ignore the petrified wizard for hundreds of years and rebuilt around him whilst they were tossing hollows in there from Aldia's Keep.

Not getting into the fact the Sentinels there were also from the Drangleic era.

Blog Entries
    Who? Straid or Lost Sinner?

Neither we know how old they really are and there are people like MacDuff hanging around there. Unless MacDuff is stupid old.
    Straid at least we know from his dialog and his armor set that he spent "several lifetimes" as stone, which was enough time for more than one empire to rise and fall before Drangleic popped up.

- - - Updated - - -

Then they proceeded to completely ignore the petrified wizard for hundreds of years and rebuilt around him whilst they were tossing hollows in there from Aldia's Keep.
    Yeah, they didn't have a fragrant branch of yore.

And they were tossing hollows and undead in there from everywhere.

By the way, this is just a fun fact but those big hulking hollows at the bottom of Sinner's Rise are failed attempts at making dragons.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; May 5th, 2014 at 12:27 AM.

Banned
    Straid at least we know from his dialog and his armor set that he spent "several lifetimes" as stone, which was enough time for more than one empire to rise and fall before Drangleic popped up
    Yet, no one took note of the petrified wizard for those many lifetimes and just ignored him. I am thinking he is just a straight up liar and that laugh of his is fucking evil no matter how you slice it. I don't trust him. That bastard is hiding something.

Yeah, they didn't have a fragrant branch of yore.
    It's not like they're rare. These things are basically smelly magic branches and you can buy them from some merchants.

And they were tossing hollows and undead in there from everywhere.

By the way, this is just a fun fact but those big hulking hollows at the bottom of Sinner's Rise are failed attempts at making dragons.
    That makes even less sense then. Why did they completely ignore the Lost Sinner too? Wasn't Drangleic in dire need of you know Great Souls and a new Sovereign. You would figure this would be a high priority.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Everyone in Dark Souls has an evil laugh, you can't use that as evidence.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel