Page 294 of 313 FirstFirst ... 194244284289292293294295296299304 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 6259

Thread: Dark Souls

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Heart of the Star's Avatar
    So this DLC is pretty cool.
    Bosses and levels and stuff.
    So I kinda like the levels except for how you have to fight through entire goddamn armies of enemies. it's fun and tense and i enjoyed it a lot... Until i ran into the various enemy formations designed to make you rage.

I noped the hell out when I ran into the big wolf and like 8 regular wolves. I am using a spiked greatclub +6 I two shot the wolves so that was unwinnable for me.

Then there was the church of death with the double crows that was pretty well designed actually i didn't realize you could lure the first one out until later so i cheesed it using dung pies.

The Frieda boss was cool in each phase but having to do all 3 in a row is painful and my weapon is slow. This will take me a while, longer than usual because I will have to stop regularly or i will be lured into picking up a longsword and halving the difficulty.
    Final thing, the different dialogue for the Lord of Hollows ending is really neat.

I hope there are some more secrets in the DLC especially as the lore on some of the armor hinted at Kalameet mark... 3 i think (Sinh counts as v2 right?)

As usual I am seriously impressed with how they make the level wind around itself and interconnect. Though I remain a heretic and prefer the design of DS2.

Anyway this DLC helps DS3 immensely though I am confused as to when they expect you to actually enter the DLC. Like Bloodborne you can enter it really early (I think haven't ran a new character there yet) but the enemies have tons of health. I felt underpowered with a +6 at level 75ish.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I enjoy winning, and I'll do it with whatever toolkit From gives me. I'm not going to learn a bunch of fancy prancy combos and suboptimal strategies out of some misguided sense of honor.
    Combos can go blow goats, who cares about combos. I like actually fighting someone, not holding the joystick up and mashing one button.

I mean, sure, you can beat a game on the Literally A Three Year Old Could Do It mode. But does that feel good? Is there any point to playing that? Not really.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Combos can go blow goats, who cares about combos. I like actually fighting someone, not holding the joystick up and mashing one button.

I mean, sure, you can beat a game on the Literally A Three Year Old Could Do It mode. But does that feel good? Is there any point to playing that? Not really.
    Yes and yes because you are winning

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really love the first boss of the DLC, but its second phase is some real horseshit.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Yes and yes because you are winning
    Winning a footrace against a child in a wheelchair isn't something to be proud of. Kind of the opposite, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    I really love the first boss of the DLC, but its second phase is some real horseshit.
    You mean the guy or the girl boss? You can do either of them in any order.

If you mean the guy, yeah, it's annoying that From have really pushed in that direction.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You mean the guy or the girl boss? You can do either of them in any order.

If you mean the guy, yeah, it's annoying that From have really pushed in that direction.
    Yeah the guy.

Spoiler:
    Yeah don't get me wrong the boss is great but the Greatwolf itself is pretty bad. It spams its attacks way too much, leaving little to no space to react or do much, especially its annoying special attack which is too chaotic, the ice dust not letting you see jack shit, and the number of attacks vary. You're generally reduced to just blidnly rolling around and hoping for the best. And I'm very sure there's something weird on the hitbox of its attacks, as they tend to clip me while going through the side and I didn't find a specific spot or timing to reliably dodge them. It also doesn't help that it does way too much damage for the number of attacks it spams; at SL90 in NG I was dying to 2/3 hits while embered.

Admittedly the gravetender alone would've been way too easy, but I feel the fight was meant to be an O&S deal, yet it ends up with you trying to murder the gravetender as fast as possible before the Greatwolf starts its neverending attack spam. The idea of an enemy so fast that it gives you almost no space to do anything is pretty cool, mind you, but I feel the execution was lacking on a few aspects. Still a rather beautiful boss fight, but it became a frustrating experience for me.

Apart from the Greatwolf and the Super Corvian Bros in the church, the DLC has been almost perfect so far.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    You're giving the r1spam playstyle a lot less credit than it deserves. It's not entirely r1spam unless you have 2-3s latency and can get away with that sort of disgusting behavior because your hits lagshot everybody for miles.

Anything lower and you have to space well, fake out your opponent, anticipate and pre-empt parries, manage hyper armor, etc.

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Yeah the guy.

Spoiler:
    Yeah don't get me wrong the boss is great but the Greatwolf itself is pretty bad. It spams its attacks way too much, leaving little to no space to react or do much, especially its annoying special attack which is too chaotic, the ice dust not letting you see jack shit, and the number of attacks vary. You're generally reduced to just blidnly rolling around and hoping for the best. And I'm very sure there's something weird on the hitbox of its attacks, as they tend to clip me while going through the side and I didn't find a specific spot or timing to reliably dodge them. It also doesn't help that it does way too much damage for the number of attacks it spams; at SL90 in NG I was dying to 2/3 hits while embered.

Admittedly the gravetender alone would've been way too easy, but I feel the fight was meant to be an O&S deal, yet it ends up with you trying to murder the gravetender as fast as possible before the Greatwolf starts its neverending attack spam. The idea of an enemy so fast that it gives you almost no space to do anything is pretty cool, mind you, but I feel the execution was lacking on a few aspects. Still a rather beautiful boss fight, but it became a frustrating experience for me.

Apart from the Greatwolf and the Super Corvian Bros in the church, the DLC has been almost perfect so far.
    Spoiler:
    Honestly, all they had to do to fix that fight was make it so that the Greatwolf didn't actually spawn in until the Gravetender died. Bam, two part boss fight with no overlap.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's too simple and clear. It definitely can't be the right answer.
    It has to be something that makes no sense at all so we can say that Nasu is wrong.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    fight is easy tho

just dodge toward it

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    You can dodge the greatwolf end exploit iframes while parrying the gravetender

It's not difficult with caestus

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    When helping people online, I just basically stunlocked the gravetender with r2s as a fully charged stab r2 knocks over people and there is enough time to charge one up before he gets up.

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar

As an aside, what is with From's hard on for crabs in DS3?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's too simple and clear. It definitely can't be the right answer.
    It has to be something that makes no sense at all so we can say that Nasu is wrong.

Blog Entries
    Because crabs are powerful, easily recyclable enemies?

If you look carefully at the farron followers some of them are basically reskinned mook hollows from the base game. The shield and spear guys for example use the exact same skeleton as the shield and spear hollows in Lothric's high wall/castle. The assets have just been replaced so well it's tough to tell.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, it's clear most of the effort went into the bosses in the game. Most of the level is pretty bleak and featureless.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Yeah just finished off dark souls 3 in a couple hours. Did nameless king in 2 tries, lothric in 4 and soul of cinder in 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Also did champion gundyr and pontiff in 1 try on this character if I remember correctly. Pretty sad that I can so easily do some of the hardest bosses in the entire series, ah well suppose I could always do a low SL run or something.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's clear most of the effort went into the bosses in the game. Most of the level is pretty bleak and featureless.
    Well, the main boss, anyway. The optional boss was boring as fuck.
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries

Obnoxious Havel Memes

Actual good souls meme stuff.

Blog Entries

So are the Slave Knight Leggings the new waifu pants?