Page 303 of 313 FirstFirst ... 203253293298301302303304305308 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,060 of 6259

Thread: Dark Souls

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    First time every time, eh?
    Exactly. This can also be achieved by waiting a full week between playing again each time you die. And a year between playthroughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    This was a good DLC

It doesn't fix the fundamental problems the game has, but it's good

Killing Mirin on NG++++ with a strength build though wew lad that was a fun endurance match

(JK I think Gael had more HP and was way more lethal than Mirin but Mirin was more fun)

(I love chasing dragons)

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Midir was definitely best when experienced with a sorceror. Kept a nice distance, Crystal Soul Spear to the face, again and again, running attack baited out over and over. I actually ran out of FP and Ashen Estus, had to resort to bashing him with a sword till he died.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Sounds boring. Chase the dragon like man was intended to do.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I've chased the dragon. In fact, I've not only chased the dragon, I've chased the dragon on like five separate characters, and I spent a good two hours the other day chasing another bloody dragon for its bloody tail. Stupid crystal dragons and their stupid crystal tails.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilVerum View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the aqcuamarine dagger? I had some guy with it on the arena that kept outranging my dragonslayer spear with the WA. Also, Splitleaf Greatsword spin is magic against people using quick step.
    The dagger's phantom range is as long as your opponent's latency

Were you perhaps playing against a german or russian

Reports from PS4 claim that infusions are now stronger than ever, and Sunlight SS is super OP and buffable. I'm excited to test this in the evening.

Blog Entries
    Paired Greatswords, parriable? I have no friends with the DLC to test this with.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Definitely not parryable.

Not the L1s or weapon art, anyway. I think the R1s can be, though I wouldn't bother trying, From's hardon for those bloody things might just extend there as well.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    The entire 1h moveset can be parried (r1/r2/run r1/roll r1) but the dual wield moveset is unparriable. Also the jumping attack, but if your opponent is using the jumping attack on any ultra they are asking to get backstabbed

Then again if they are using the PUGS they pretty much are asking to be backstabbed regardless. It's good as an ultra due to its varied moveset but ultras without heavy armor are bottom tier in general so that will always hold it back

Also spin you on PC?
    Last edited by Apple; April 15th, 2017 at 06:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yes, and thanks.

Strange the entire l1 moveset is unparriable.

Blog Entries
    add me on steam lol I want someone to practice against

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Brioche2

I think the actual hit on the l1 shove might be parriable, but the stagger always catches you first so it's effectively unparriable

Blog Entries
    Sure but I actually fucking hate dueling so much in DkS3 so probably not gonna get any practice out of me, I was asking for invasions.

Blog Entries
    lol duels are like, the best way to learn movesets. 0 penalty and instant fights without having to chase terrified hosts for 3 days before they finally engage

Blog Entries
    I mean I don't need to learn the moveset, I can test that on my own, just if it's parriable or not. Duels in 3 are never gonna be good enough or fun enough to warrant putting the time into learning every tiny interaction like I spent time doing in 2.

Much rather just invade and get ganked

Blog Entries
    hitboxes over latency =\= hitboxes in your world

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    just invade and get ganked
    cant even get that exhilarating unfair experience now, thanks miyazaki

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Can't help but notice that all the people whining about DS3 invasions being unfair are conveniently ignoring their months of invading Undead Burgh and Parish with their minmaxed build+37 Chaos Zweitana Father Masked Havelgiants with 99 hacked in Humanities and Divine Blessings and hornet ring backstab oneshotting guys in Hollow chestpieces and +2 Shortswords.

Not to rag on you personally, but holy shit some people are ridiculous. "waah, we got literally all of the advantages in DS1 but now they have the advantages, unfair, waah"
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    The average joe invader was not a twinked out Parish/Burgh menace. In vanilla DkS3 probably 99% of invaders suffered mindblowingly cruelly unfair invasion conditions due to the actions of the 1% of invaders who just twinked out to oneshot brand new players. I also think DkS1 had the closest thing to a balance between invader/host, 2 was slightly in the host's advantage between seeds and invaders only being able to heal with miracles/warmth, and 3 just made invading a miserable waste of time.

Which it shouldn't be, given there are covenants you need to invade to level up in, and invading has always been one of the cooler draws of the franchise.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The average invader was definitely twinked out. Or at least minmaxed all to hell, from what I experienced- and from all the YT stuff I've seen. Maybe I came in on the arse end of DS's life, and only caught the tryhards and the idiots who went "buhh i wanna kill people but i also dont wanna risk a 1% chance to lose lemme just look up the optimal dps output/poise amount so i can just R1 to victory". Really felt like my first playthroughs of the game, PvP-wise, were ruined by the fact that 99% of the fuckers I came across, I did about 12 damage to, while they either R1 spammed and eventually got me with two swings, or latency-animation-glitch backstabbed me for 999999 damage. I still hate the sight of all three of those bloody masks.

Either way, DS2 felt a lot better to me than DS1 ever did- or even DS3, for that matter. Despite losing most of the time I challenged the belltower gangbangs and my own invasions into gankworlds, I always thought the game was a hell of a lot more fair than the other two. Soul Memory was a good step up from the unbalanced garbage that was coming across a guy who'd looked up the optimal armour/weapon amount on mugenmonkey, +10'd everything and managed to get light rolling, 500 damage per swing and enough poise to laugh off half a dozen swings of anything that wasn't the Black Knight Greatsword.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    latency-animation-glitch backstabbed me for 999999 damage. I still hate the sight of all three of those bloody masks.
    That's not a glitch

It's the only reason why the majority of European players enjoy Dks1 over Dks3. Eurolag is so bad that the only way they can have a passable pvp experience is when their backstabs are instant transmission.

3 fixed this (to some degree). I know people from France who literally cannot play DkS3 because they relied so heavily on backstabs for securing any kind of damage, in DkS3 straight sword spam will simply mow them down from 2-3 rolls away