Page 305 of 306 FirstFirst ... 205255295300303304305306 LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,100 of 6117

Thread: Dark Souls

Beware of yourself, despicable fatty Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    like 11 layers of the dks1 meta
    Backstabs alone are like, 5-6 layers? Counter backstab, instant block backstab, toggle sprint backstab, regular toggle backstab, kick backstab, r1 lock backstab, WOG lock backstab, oki backstabs (jfc that's like 3 layers in itself), chain backstab, anti-chain backstabs, roll backstab, strafe backstab, counter-strafe backstab, counter-counter backstab, frame buffer backstab, black flame backstab, basic backstab cancel, counter backstab cancel, instant sprint backstabs, ravioli backstab, etc. ad infinitum

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    dks1 meta: hack the shit out of everything, never get punished
    Yeah like why permanently damage your fingers trying all the amazing tech when someone with a trainer will straight up d/c OHKO you with less than 1/5 the effort, over and over

Speaking of tech, you can actually phase through people who are using running attacks on dks3

Other guy was using the doors with the running shove (run l1?), I was l1ing with RKPUGS (iirc). Character models went through each other, he got hit, I didn't. Happened like 3x in a row after which be ran away to spam projected heal

edit: happened with crow talons i think i remembered wrong. crow talons art vs PUGS
    Last edited by Apple; April 16th, 2017 at 11:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Backstabs alone are like, 5-6 layers? Counter backstab, instant block backstab, toggle sprint backstab, regular toggle backstab, kick backstab, r1 lock backstab, WOG lock backstab, oki backstabs (jfc that's like 3 layers in itself), chain backstab, anti-chain backstabs, roll backstab, strafe backstab, counter-strafe backstab, counter-counter backstab, frame buffer backstab, black flame backstab, basic backstab cancel, counter backstab cancel, instant sprint backstabs, ravioli backstab, etc. ad infinitum
    Dark Souls 1 is art.

[13:37] <Zz> Spin is special

Blog Entries
    I honestly think it's quite broken, if you try to lockon swing at meta players your hit will not track fast enough to connect or BS cancel.

Also against laggy poise users they have a 7 second window to backstab you (2-3s from their own lag, 4s because of tech and poise)

I prefer actually being able to use R1s and R2s without being in constant anxiety of halfway across the map lagstabs

Blog Entries
    I didn't say it was good or working as intended.

Just that it's art.

Blog Entries

???

Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    in Lordran time is distorted...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post

???
    oh thats Fume Princess, or Sorceress i dont remember which, I got summoned as a blue phantom against her.

if you`ve seen the Old Iron King invader "Boss" back in DS2, she`s basically the same.Except that King was a good sport and would let you win, if she`s close to death she just turns on immune and you just keep on getting staggered and building bleed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    oh thats Fume Princess, or Sorceress i dont remember which, I got summoned as a blue phantom against her.

if you`ve seen the Old Iron King invader "Boss" back in DS2, she`s basically the same.Except that King was a good sport and would let you win, if she`s close to death she just turns on immune and you just keep on getting staggered and building bleed.
    Reminds me of the first day I got summoned into the spears of the church boss fight

I put down my white summon sign, thought someone picked me up, instead I got spawned into the boss room as a spear and my host was an infinite iframe hacker

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know how to dodge lightning arrow reliably? I've been doing it by forcing unlocks or running in circles around them, but it seems over higher latency running clockwise/anti clockwise doesn't work and they hit you anyway.

The problem is that this is erratic, does anyone know how to reliably dodge lightning arrow? It seems to be an autowin over large levels of latency while being nigh useless on better connections.

Blog Entries
    hard game xD
    It all returns to nothing, it all comes
    tumbling down, tumbling down,
    tumbling down

a nice and linear game
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    We're all Zurvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrace tophats View Post
    i am incorrect and regret my posting decisions
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    But that is how you get murdered. Don't go places with people
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    One of the truths of life, power levels don't matter and are for retards
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    When I die I want dataminers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    This forum is 100% thirst lol.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    I just started using lightning arrow in an attempt to counter it

It is ridiculous, over lag you lagshot people, over good connections you control their panicked movement to a fine degree to funnel them into lightning straight sword r1mash

disgusting

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Getting the different endings and rewards from NPCs is such an obnoxious slog in this game. I started up a sorceror hoping I'd misremembered just how shitty it was making a magic-only character (I didn't misremember) and I tried to get Yuria and Karla's sets for the fashion and Orbeck for the spells and to keep Greyrat alive just for the stuff he gets, and holy shit what a fucking pain in the dickhole.

YEAH SO FOR YURIA TO APPEAR YOU'VE GOTTA DIE X TIMES AND GO TO WHATSHISFACE OF LONDOR EACH TIME YOU DIE TO GET THAT ONE LEVEL AT A TIME BUT ONLY BEFORE YOU'VE BEATEN THIS BOSS AND THEN SHE APPEARS BUT YOU'VE GOTTA KEEP ANRI ALIVE FOR HER TO EVENTUALLY KILL AND YOU'VE GOTTA TALK TO ANRI AT THIS LOCATION BEFORE YOU GO HERE AND THEN SUMMON FOR THIS AND THEN KEEP SIEG ALIVE AND MEET HIM HERE, HERE AND HERE BEFORE FINDING AND BUYING HIS ITEMS OFF PATCHES FOR GREYRAT TO LIVE THROUGH THIS BIT AND fuck off already, I just want a few items, why did you have to make your NPC questlines so shit, or worst case scenario why can't I just kill these fuckers for their items.

I honestly found the Dark Souls 3 npc questlines a lot less work then Dark Souls 1

The hardest part of ds3 npcs is dying a few times for free levels and remembering to talk to sieg in the well

its really not all that bad
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    We're all Zurvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrace tophats View Post
    i am incorrect and regret my posting decisions
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    But that is how you get murdered. Don't go places with people
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    One of the truths of life, power levels don't matter and are for retards
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    When I die I want dataminers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    This forum is 100% thirst lol.

Blog Entries
    the dks3 npc quest issue is having to level up several times at yoel, if I'm already at SL125 there's no fucking way I'm screwing my build over for that dark lord ending

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil12 View Post
    I honestly found the Dark Souls 3 npc questlines a lot less work then Dark Souls 1
    Really? DS1 was just meet this guy, get through this area, meet him there, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    The hardest part of ds3 npcs is dying a few times for free levels and remembering to talk to sieg in the well

its really not all that bad
    My entire rant there was 100% factual. It literally is all that bad, the conditions are all in the wiki, and they're a gigantic pain in the arse.

Winner of real bad things Laith's Avatar
    Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Really? DS1 was just meet this guy, get through this area, meet him there, end of story.
    Also knowing about an illusionary wall, level up a covenant, killing an specific enemy, before you continue your journey before a point.

All of this without any hint whatsoever.

yep DSI were easier, sure.