Page 305 of 306 FirstFirst ... 205255295300303304305306 LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,100 of 6117

Thread: Dark Souls

  1. #6081
    Beware of yourself, despicable fatty Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sinister Pthumeru Ihyll
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,813
    Blog Entries
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    like 11 layers of the dks1 meta
    Backstabs alone are like, 5-6 layers? Counter backstab, instant block backstab, toggle sprint backstab, regular toggle backstab, kick backstab, r1 lock backstab, WOG lock backstab, oki backstabs (jfc that's like 3 layers in itself), chain backstab, anti-chain backstabs, roll backstab, strafe backstab, counter-strafe backstab, counter-counter backstab, frame buffer backstab, black flame backstab, basic backstab cancel, counter backstab cancel, instant sprint backstabs, ravioli backstab, etc. ad infinitum

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    dks1 meta: hack the shit out of everything, never get punished
    Yeah like why permanently damage your fingers trying all the amazing tech when someone with a trainer will straight up d/c OHKO you with less than 1/5 the effort, over and over


    Speaking of tech, you can actually phase through people who are using running attacks on dks3

    Other guy was using the doors with the running shove (run l1?), I was l1ing with RKPUGS (iirc). Character models went through each other, he got hit, I didn't. Happened like 3x in a row after which be ran away to spam projected heal

    edit: happened with crow talons i think i remembered wrong. crow talons art vs PUGS
    Last edited by Apple; April 16th, 2017 at 11:58 AM.

  2. #6082
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,250
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Backstabs alone are like, 5-6 layers? Counter backstab, instant block backstab, toggle sprint backstab, regular toggle backstab, kick backstab, r1 lock backstab, WOG lock backstab, oki backstabs (jfc that's like 3 layers in itself), chain backstab, anti-chain backstabs, roll backstab, strafe backstab, counter-strafe backstab, counter-counter backstab, frame buffer backstab, black flame backstab, basic backstab cancel, counter backstab cancel, instant sprint backstabs, ravioli backstab, etc. ad infinitum
    Dark Souls 1 is art.

    [13:37] <Zz> Spin is special


  3. #6083
    Beware of yourself, despicable fatty Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sinister Pthumeru Ihyll
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,813
    Blog Entries
    79
    I honestly think it's quite broken, if you try to lockon swing at meta players your hit will not track fast enough to connect or BS cancel.

    Also against laggy poise users they have a 7 second window to backstab you (2-3s from their own lag, 4s because of tech and poise)

    I prefer actually being able to use R1s and R2s without being in constant anxiety of halfway across the map lagstabs

  4. #6084
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,250
    Blog Entries
    3
    I didn't say it was good or working as intended.

    Just that it's art.

    [13:37] <Zz> Spin is special


  5. #6085
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,250
    Blog Entries
    3


    ???

    [13:37] <Zz> Spin is special


  6. #6086
    new shoes Marmadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    in medias res
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,938
    Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    1
    in Lordran time is distorted...

  7. #6087
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six madarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post


    ???
    oh thats Fume Princess, or Sorceress i dont remember which, I got summoned as a blue phantom against her.

    if you`ve seen the Old Iron King invader "Boss" back in DS2, she`s basically the same.Except that King was a good sport and would let you win, if she`s close to death she just turns on immune and you just keep on getting staggered and building bleed.

  8. #6088
    Beware of yourself, despicable fatty Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sinister Pthumeru Ihyll
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,813
    Blog Entries
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    oh thats Fume Princess, or Sorceress i dont remember which, I got summoned as a blue phantom against her.

    if you`ve seen the Old Iron King invader "Boss" back in DS2, she`s basically the same.Except that King was a good sport and would let you win, if she`s close to death she just turns on immune and you just keep on getting staggered and building bleed.
    Reminds me of the first day I got summoned into the spears of the church boss fight

    I put down my white summon sign, thought someone picked me up, instead I got spawned into the boss room as a spear and my host was an infinite iframe hacker

  9. #6089
    Beware of yourself, despicable fatty Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sinister Pthumeru Ihyll
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,813
    Blog Entries
    79
    Does anyone know how to dodge lightning arrow reliably? I've been doing it by forcing unlocks or running in circles around them, but it seems over higher latency running clockwise/anti clockwise doesn't work and they hit you anyway.

    The problem is that this is erratic, does anyone know how to reliably dodge lightning arrow? It seems to be an autowin over large levels of latency while being nigh useless on better connections.

  10. #6090
    You smell like LCL. Strife ❤️'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,432
    Blog Entries
    31
    hard game xD
    It all returns to nothing, it all comes
    tumbling down, tumbling down,
    tumbling down


  11. #6091
    a nice and linear game
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    We're all Zurvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrace tophats View Post
    i am incorrect and regret my posting decisions
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    But that is how you get murdered. Don't go places with people
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    One of the truths of life, power levels don't matter and are for retards
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    When I die I want dataminers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    This forum is 100% thirst lol.

  12. #6092
    地獄待ち Spinach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,250
    Blog Entries
    3

    [13:37] <Zz> Spin is special


  13. #6093
    Beware of yourself, despicable fatty Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sinister Pthumeru Ihyll
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,813
    Blog Entries
    79
    I just started using lightning arrow in an attempt to counter it

    It is ridiculous, over lag you lagshot people, over good connections you control their panicked movement to a fine degree to funnel them into lightning straight sword r1mash

    disgusting

  14. #6094
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,015
    Getting the different endings and rewards from NPCs is such an obnoxious slog in this game. I started up a sorceror hoping I'd misremembered just how shitty it was making a magic-only character (I didn't misremember) and I tried to get Yuria and Karla's sets for the fashion and Orbeck for the spells and to keep Greyrat alive just for the stuff he gets, and holy shit what a fucking pain in the dickhole.

    YEAH SO FOR YURIA TO APPEAR YOU'VE GOTTA DIE X TIMES AND GO TO WHATSHISFACE OF LONDOR EACH TIME YOU DIE TO GET THAT ONE LEVEL AT A TIME BUT ONLY BEFORE YOU'VE BEATEN THIS BOSS AND THEN SHE APPEARS BUT YOU'VE GOTTA KEEP ANRI ALIVE FOR HER TO EVENTUALLY KILL AND YOU'VE GOTTA TALK TO ANRI AT THIS LOCATION BEFORE YOU GO HERE AND THEN SUMMON FOR THIS AND THEN KEEP SIEG ALIVE AND MEET HIM HERE, HERE AND HERE BEFORE FINDING AND BUYING HIS ITEMS OFF PATCHES FOR GREYRAT TO LIVE THROUGH THIS BIT AND fuck off already, I just want a few items, why did you have to make your NPC questlines so shit, or worst case scenario why can't I just kill these fuckers for their items.


  15. #6095
    吸血鬼 Vampire Phil12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    309
    I honestly found the Dark Souls 3 npc questlines a lot less work then Dark Souls 1

  16. #6096
    The hardest part of ds3 npcs is dying a few times for free levels and remembering to talk to sieg in the well

    its really not all that bad
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    We're all Zurvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrace tophats View Post
    i am incorrect and regret my posting decisions
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    But that is how you get murdered. Don't go places with people
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    One of the truths of life, power levels don't matter and are for retards
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    When I die I want dataminers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    This forum is 100% thirst lol.

  17. #6097
    Beware of yourself, despicable fatty Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sinister Pthumeru Ihyll
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,813
    Blog Entries
    79
    the dks3 npc quest issue is having to level up several times at yoel, if I'm already at SL125 there's no fucking way I'm screwing my build over for that dark lord ending

  18. #6098
    吸血鬼 Vampire Phil12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    309
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

  19. #6099
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil12 View Post
    I honestly found the Dark Souls 3 npc questlines a lot less work then Dark Souls 1
    Really? DS1 was just meet this guy, get through this area, meet him there, end of story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    The hardest part of ds3 npcs is dying a few times for free levels and remembering to talk to sieg in the well

    its really not all that bad
    My entire rant there was 100% factual. It literally is all that bad, the conditions are all in the wiki, and they're a gigantic pain in the arse.


  20. #6100
    Winner of real bad things Laith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,461
    Friend Code
    993,855,500
    Blog Entries
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Really? DS1 was just meet this guy, get through this area, meet him there, end of story.
    Also knowing about an illusionary wall, level up a covenant, killing an specific enemy, before you continue your journey before a point.

    All of this without any hint whatsoever.

    yep DSI were easier, sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •