Page 7 of 313 FirstFirst ... 256789121757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Blog Entries
    You on 360 or ps3?

I was so close to beating Lightning Ornstein during one of my multitude of attempts, but alas, I got rammed with his spear due to a miss-roll. After that I summoned a pyromancer and it took about 2 minutes. Had to race to kill Smough first though, since the Phantom was apparently going to the easy route. It was close, but I beat him to it.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You on 360 or ps3?

ps 3

i usually skip the depths and the gaping dragon
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Can't help you then, im on 360

Blog Entries
    Encountered one of the weirdest lagstabs ever in my experience. I got zoomed back and damaged but no bs animation played and the guy recovered immediately. He was whacking air as my character flopped to the floor, lol.

Learned a few things today. First off, european players lag baddddd. Also, Uk players seem to move normally but they can lag bs you from a marginally greater distance away than american players. Also, claymores are batshit difficult to roll bs unless the other guy is an idiot and keeps slashing to try to stunlock. Oh, and it is much easier to roll bs the second zwei hit than the first. Plus you can bs the zwei r2 in mid execution while the blade is in midair!

And the shotel is a godsend. Hits bs fishers, cuts through turtles, stunlocks like a bitch, does decent dps.. what can i say.
    Last edited by Apple; May 28th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    In case you guys hadn't heard DLC is confirmed for 360/PS3. Sadly we have to wait till winter for it.

Blog Entries
    Also fifteen bucks but i doubt anyone cares lol

Blog Entries
    Seems likewe are the only people who do lol

Blog Entries
    I'd care if I wasn't already going to be buying the PC version outright. Not gonna buy the whole thing then buy it as DLC later, that's madness.

Blog Entries
    I would buy the PC version, but I don't want to lose my characters, and I doubt my PC could handle it that well

Blog Entries
    I hope the humanity drop rate increases, i don't feel safe pvping without humanity in stock (motm+poise rapier ganks errywhere) and it's a pain in the ass to farm them over and over.

Blog Entries
    Guess what I found!

The Unfading Light of the Lake Lancelot's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I heard the pc version wouldn't have 60 frames D:, well I don't think I would have the time to play this anyways =/, I played it once and it is required to grind a lot and I get bored with gridding games...

Blog Entries
    No, Fromsoft said they might or might not do anything about the framerate issues in Blighttown for the PC version iirc. Not very conclusive from what I remember.

And no, you do not need to grind. You only need a good weapon if you know when to dodge, parry or roll. Familiarize yourself with monster patterns, level is worth jack shit in Dark Souls.

One thing I wish they had in Dark Souls was the return of the Maiden in Black. I got so used to the chant she says when you level up, I just say it every time I play Dark Souls now.

-Yet those gems will never roll anything-

Blog Entries
    'touch the demon inside me'

Yeah, would have been worth it. Umbasa.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know of any minimum poise 57 armor combinations that look cool and are skinny? I dont care about weight i just want something to keep me guarded from clay first hits while keeping me lithe looking.

I would just like to mention that neither this game nor Demons Souls were very hard. They just made you grind a lot to level up. Using magic pretty much breaks the game. As does summoning any White Phantoms to help you out. I don't really get why these games are considered so hard. And I'm not one of those people who say hard games are easy because I like to brag about how awesome I am. I played Dragon Age on Easy and am not ashamed to admit it.

Blog Entries
    Leveling up is for chumps. Enjoy your cheat-win, noob.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    I would just like to mention that neither this game nor Demons Souls were very hard. They just made you grind a lot to level up. Using magic pretty much breaks the game. As does summoning any White Phantoms to help you out. I don't really get why these games are considered so hard. And I'm not one of those people who say hard games are easy because I like to brag about how awesome I am. I played Dragon Age on Easy and am not ashamed to admit it.
    Coincidentally, Dragon Age: Origins was really hard until you realized that a three mage one warrior party pretty much pisses all over everything in the game. I have rarely fought any battles with such a setup because I think a traditional RPG party is cooler, but it's true. Mages are the most tactical/versatile class and CC/offensively their spells just went way beyond anything martial classes could achieve.