Page 8 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Leveling up is for chumps. Enjoy your cheat-win, noob.
    2nded

The Great Challenge of Our Time

Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    Was important to me...........
    Quote Originally Posted by lilithsama View Post
    anal is what's important to you?
    nice priorities =_=
    Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    It's not important to you?

Thanks to TheSpy for the Sig pic~

LOAD "*" ,8,1

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    I would just like to mention that neither this game nor Demons Souls were very hard. They just made you grind a lot to level up. Using magic pretty much breaks the game. As does summoning any White Phantoms to help you out. I don't really get why these games are considered so hard. And I'm not one of those people who say hard games are easy because I like to brag about how awesome I am. I played Dragon Age on Easy and am not ashamed to admit it.
    Oh wow, someone finally realized the truth!
    Yea the games aren't that difficult. It is a trial and error game, so once you find out how to win, it becomes easy.
    I used to think Demon Souls was incredibly hard. Main reason I found Dark Souls easy was because I over-played Demons Souls. I mean I really did overplay the game. I was in love with the game completely. Hell, I must have beaten it over 30 times, I dono why I just couldn't stop playing it. I even made a few characters and beat the game with the same character I had made the same day I made it.

Dark Souls actually is much more difficult, but due to me over-playing Demons Souls, I got used to it easily.
    Eventually, you find yourself playing Demons Souls+Dark Souls in order to make a kickass pvp character. Now the PVP, there is the real challenge.

I dont care what anyone says, bows rape in PVP. Especially using a lvl 14+ Composite bow with poison arrows on the left hand and a lvl 5 Dragonslayer Greatbow on the right hand.

-Yet those gems will never roll anything-

I beat Demon Souls twice. I'm about halfway through Dark Souls. They are definitely trial and error as opposed to legitimately hard. Which is some people's thing, so I'm not saying they are bad or inferior. They just aren't as hard as some people say.

Also, I know it was a joke, but intentionally limiting yourself doesn't mean the game is harder. That's you, not the game. The game gives you levels, magic, and white phantoms. It gives you tools to super easy wins.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HiguraShiki View Post
    Oh wow, someone finally realized the truth!
    Yea the games aren't that difficult. It is a trial and error game, so once you find out how to win, it becomes easy.
    I used to think Demon Souls was incredibly hard. Main reason I found Dark Souls easy was because I over-played Demons Souls. I mean I really did overplay the game. I was in love with the game completely. Hell, I must have beaten it over 30 times, I dono why I just couldn't stop playing it. I even made a few characters and beat the game with the same character I had made the same day I made it.

Dark Souls actually is much more difficult, but due to me over-playing Demons Souls, I got used to it easily.
    Eventually, you find yourself playing Demons Souls+Dark Souls in order to make a kickass pvp character. Now the PVP, there is the real challenge.

I dont care what anyone says, bows rape in PVP. Especially using a lvl 14+ Composite bow with poison arrows on the left hand and a lvl 5 Dragonslayer Greatbow on the right hand.
    Enjoy your main course of lagstabs good sir.

The only reason to use a bow in pvp is to bait people into attacking. Using it for damage at all is too easy to get lag bsed by europeans and australians.

Also, most of the 'pvp' these days is bs fish and 3v1 twop giants mom ganks.

Blog Entries
    Dark souls...

Drakes <3

I loved it when they raped me anally with fire and claws~

Blog Entries
    Drakes dont breathe fire in dk souls, they breathe lightning.

Unless you mean the hellkite wyvern

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Enjoy your main course of lagstabs good sir.

The only reason to use a bow in pvp is to bait people into attacking. Using it for damage at all is too easy to get lag bsed by europeans and australians.

Also, most of the 'pvp' these days is bs fish and 3v1 twop giants mom ganks.
    I have to disagree. With a dragonslayer bow, all you need to do is hold your position and aim. The second they attack you, you hit them and they go flying. Since I set up my char a certain way, I do pretty damn good dmg off of bows, hell even the composite bow does good damage.

With the right timing, you will always hit someone. Just wait for them to get close to you, they wont always guard themselves. Plus, most people hold 1 weapon with both hands anyway.
    It also helps me to go bow, since I usually farm the forest guardians area. Yes you heard me, I go to the forest, summon an ally, and wait around killing forest guardians for half the day. My best character is lvl 280 and she mostly gets kills using a composite bow with poison arrows and a dragonslayer bow. I do have a lvl 14 curved greatsword as backup just incase.

Btw, lagstabs aren't hard to avoid. There are tricks to avoiding them. For example, if you get backstabbed, just dont move. The game is set up so that if you get backstabbed, even if they go behind you to backstab again, you will not get backstabbed. You will get hit, but not backstabbed. Another way to avoid it is to roll into the person instead of trying to roll away. When I mean into, I mean past them, don't try to roll away from them, it just sets you up for a lagstab. They will completely miss their attack, it always works. Also, the way to get out of gay weapon stagger, is to simply switch weapons. So yes you don't have to sit there and get hit with the full 6 hit combo from a zweihander, you can just switch weapons and you will get rid of the stagger.
    Last edited by HiguraShiki; June 16th, 2012 at 02:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Oh, you're forest ganking. Then obviously you'll kill people easily, most of the invaders you're getting are lv3x and below who have absolutely zero experience with pvp. Additionally, they're doubly trying to avoid getting lagstabbed by your phantom while you shoot arrows in their face. Try invading with a L120 in kiln and come back and tell me if bows are a practical weapon anymore, rofl.

And no, those are not ways to avoid lagstabs. Those are ways to avoid chainstabs. In my experience you can only avoid the chain by standing there doing nothing, rolling in any direction whatsoever (even into them) will cause the chainstab to connect.

These are lagstabs:

Mostly it's not as bad as this, usually they will run up to you and be standing slightly in front of you then you get pulled into a backstab. Occasionally, you'll have rolled twice away and then they circle the spot you were standing at 2-5 seconds ago (where nothing exists now) and you get teleported in to be lagstabbed.

Also, they tend to taunt you afterward.

This typically happens with Europeans, Canadians and Australians. Don't know if their internet is bad/good or if it's because Singaporeans connect slower/faster to the DK souls network than they do. US players can't lagstab worth shit except for the ones whose connections are so bad that they teleport all over the place anyway, lol.

Speaking of lagstabbers, earlier today I met this weirdass guy with a rapier lagging so bad that he wasn't even moving, he was just teleporting 7m every two seconds or so. He got one successful lagstab off on me (was facing me from a dragonslayer's spear length away when it happened) then I spammed the bandit's knife R1 in all directions until he died. He actually managed to get 2 more lagstabs off after the first but I didn't die because lolR1spam = no damage bses.

The weapon switching trick is a bit difficult to pull off, I've been using it for a couple weeks now and only manage to get it off earliest on the second hit after being stunlocked (ie clay swing once = stunlock, I only escape earliest on the third hit) Sometimes it doesn't work at all, and then I get combo'd 6 hits into death.

Dark souls pvp is mostly about how good you are at judging someone's lag. If you know how much they're lagging by, you can simply unlock and flip the directional stick at the right moment when they think they'll get the lagstab and 70% of the time you'll get a hit off. After that combo them into death or counter bs.

Oh, and I know that this is a really long post already, but I think it's funny how people immediately assume that anyone who beats them is hacking. In the span of three days and multiple instances of invading I've gotten three messages from separate users going 'OMG NOOBZ U HACKZORS'. Yeah, guys. It's not hacking. It's just hornet's ring and your own stupidity.
    Last edited by Apple; June 16th, 2012 at 03:26 AM.

Gawd damn your avatar is good.
    Anyways, it's not like I haven't killed anyone else with bows. I have killed red phantoms by using the same trick. It's risky as hell, but it works. Just time your composite bow until they double hand their weapon. I am able to do decent damage, I mean it isnt anything big, but I can kill someone in usually 10 shots with my composite bow. Dragonslayer bow usually takes me 4 shots to kill someone. Also, I always use my ally to win. Since dragonslayer bow staggers, even when it hits their shield, I just keep shooting them, usually my ally can overpower them, since their stamina gives away.

If my ally dies, then I use my lvl 14 curved great sword. Which pretty much guarentees a kill in 3 or 4 hits.

Supposively, the trick to countering backstabs, is that when they circle to one side of you, you go in the same direction as them, the lag will make them think they are circling around you, but in reality they are actually circling around nothing and you are in perfect position to backstab.

Honestly, I hate the lagstab bullshit. I wish that backstabs would not be allowed against other human players, but meh I doub't that would happen.

btw I AGREE! Why the hell does everyone who lose always complain! ALWAYS! Saying that my tactic to win was cheap or what not?
    There are much cheaper strategies, such as using walk of tranq with an ally and surrounding your enemy. But just because I won in a 1 on 1 duel makes me a hacker? Wtf?
    Last edited by HiguraShiki; June 16th, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Haha, thanks. xP

But
    > Using dragonslayer bow to stagger
    > overusing a shield enough to lose stamina
    > taking 10 shots to kill someone

Oh god what is this. This cannot be Dark Souls pvp.

If anyone uses a dragon slayer bow the immediate counter is to lock off and run/roll over the place randomly like a retard until you get in range. Of course, this is for 1v1 duels. Maybe it's because you guys are forest ganking, and I'm in the kiln duelling/fighting off tag teams.

Oh, that BS counter works like a charm. If you hit the button before they do you'll actually BS them instead of the other way around, if you both hit it at around the same time you'll get a nice no-dmg backstab off. If you don't do anything, they will Bs the image of you on their screen and you will get lagstabbed. Either way, most people give up trying to circle LagBS once you pull off two or three successful counter BSes.

Backstabs should not be removed from multiplayer, it is one of the few saving graces that invaders have. Especially considering when I play my lv3x guy and invade two level 360+ ganks running around in full giant's with MOTM. Fuck yeah backstabs, never change. But GTFO lagstabs, nobody wants them.

I actually don't mind people who TWOP unless there are three of them and they use TWOP as I spawn. In that case I can't BS, I can't win the poise fight, I can't roll, blocking gets me backstabbed, I can only stand there and get my head clubbed in/turned into a pincushion. It's not a fight, it's a slaughter. I suppose I could try to parry, but it's hard enough trying to get one and I will get stunlocked even if I try to riposte.
    Last edited by Apple; June 16th, 2012 at 03:22 PM.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    The more I read about it the worse DS PVP sounds.

Blog Entries
    It is actually surprisingly complex, you have to hit before you get in range and predict your enemy's moves because of the horrible latency issues. Also sometimes clean hits will not register because the other guy rolled away on his game client before you poked. Makes duels very prediction based. It makes backstabs a feasible tactic in pvp, to a fault. The lag adds a whole new level of depth to the game that i would appreciate if not for the australian/european lagstabbers. (especially the german and italian players, they gank + lagstab + twop + poise stack + vit gouge)

I only wish it were easier to get parries. As it is, you have to parry half a second before the attack hits in order to parry. For faster weapons like katanas, you have to parry on the first swing to catch the second and even then only if they are spamming r1.
    Last edited by Apple; June 16th, 2012 at 04:33 PM.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    the hydra is skewed toward physical fighters, tis bullshit i say.

and as usual i hate sen fortress
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Sen's fortress is a fantastic place for trolling. Invade > dslayer bow + normal bow with poison arrows + gravelord greatsword

Ultimate troll. 8D

Sen's fortress is a fantastic place for trolling. Invade > dslayer bow + normal bow with poison arrows + gravelord greatsword

Ultimate troll. 8D
    Oh boy, whoever is in your ava is gorgeous, seriously.
    I love Sen's fortress. I had some of the funniest duels there.
    One guy was trying to fight me around the pendulums, I was actually able to kick him into the incoming swing and he got knocked off and died. It was so damn funny. The best part is invading their world and waiting for them to cross a narrow path, then hitting them with my Dragonslayer bow. Even if they block it, they get knocked off and die, it's so damn funny.

In all honesty, although the PVP sounds terrible, it is actually quite fun. Difficult as hell to get good at, but it is never boring. If you want to learn how to pvp, just get a decent character and forest farm players. They shouldn't be that hard. Seriously I would get like 3 million souls in half a day just through forest farming, it was quite funny.

But I agree apple, forest farming is the easiest way to level up, since most ppl don't know how to pvp over there. I don't know how much better Anor Londo is, since I've had quite a bit of duels over there which ended up well.
    Last edited by HiguraShiki; June 17th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Can't wait for the DLC, matchmaking and a PVP arena, should be interesting.

Blog Entries
    Tell me about it! I can't wait to try out Artorias's armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Can't wait for the DLC, matchmaking and a PVP arena, should be interesting.
    Just looked it up right now. Omg, I just might be getting back into the game just because of this. I'LL SHOW YOU GUYS BOWS ARE USEFUL IN PVP!

Blog Entries
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by HiguraShiki View Post
    Oh boy, whoever is in your ava is gorgeous, seriously.
    I love Sen's fortress. I had some of the funniest duels there.
    One guy was trying to fight me around the pendulums, I was actually able to kick him into the incoming swing and he got knocked off and died. It was so damn funny. The best part is invading their world and waiting for them to cross a narrow path, then hitting them with my Dragonslayer bow. Even if they block it, they get knocked off and die, it's so damn funny.

In all honesty, although the PVP sounds terrible, it is actually quite fun. Difficult as hell to get good at, but it is never boring. If you want to learn how to pvp, just get a decent character and forest farm players. They shouldn't be that hard. Seriously I would get like 3 million souls in half a day just through forest farming, it was quite funny.

But I agree apple, forest farming is the easiest way to level up, since most ppl don't know how to pvp over there. I don't know how much better Anor Londo is, since I've had quite a bit of duels over there which ended up well.
    Yeah, she's cute isn't she :s

Anyway, this is why nobody should block DSlayer arrows unless they have a death wish or are just standing on a large plot of ground (in which case you shouldn't be dslayer arrowing them anyway, normal bows are faster and more efficient). Rolololololol. Best counter evar.

Also, I have a feeling you CAN parry DSlayer arrows, I freaking parried a WOTG in the forest just now. Dude ran up to me, I beat shield, he WOTGs instead of whacking and I get miniscule chip damage without flying away. Damn that was great, this might actually be even better a counter than rollstabbing. Predict WOTG > Parry > Claymore 2h stunlock lolololololololol

Forest ganking is too much of a crutch unless you do it alone, in which case you are practically opening yourself up to be ganked. The forest is a rough place to start out for host and invader.

In my opinion, newbs should get a +5 chaos rapier, hornet's ring, vit gouge and invade burg. Avoid the popular PVP spots because you'll be fighting level 363 MOTM havel's brutes every step of the way. Also, get your backstabbing/counter-bsing skills down first, because that's the most dangerous and common thing people do in PVP. After that you can worry about actually learning to fight/pick a weapon.
    Last edited by Apple; June 18th, 2012 at 09:01 AM.

`

Yeah, she's cute isn't she :s

Anyway, this is why nobody should block DSlayer arrows unless they have a death wish or are just standing on a large plot of ground (in which case you shouldn't be dslayer arrowing them anyway, normal bows are faster and more efficient). Rolololololol. Best counter evar.

Also, I have a feeling you CAN parry DSlayer arrows, I freaking parried a WOTG in the forest just now. Dude ran up to me, I beat shield, he WOTGs instead of whacking and I get miniscule chip damage without flying away. Damn that was great, this might actually be even better a counter than rollstabbing. Predict WOTG > Parry > Claymore 2h stunlock lolololololololol

Forest ganking is too much of a crutch unless you do it alone, in which case you are practically opening yourself up to be ganked. The forest is a rough place to start out for host and invader.

In my opinion, newbs should get a +5 chaos rapier, hornet's ring, vit gouge and invade burg. Avoid the popular PVP spots because you'll be fighting level 363 MOTM havel's brutes every step of the way. Also, get your backstabbing/counter-bsing skills down first, because that's the most dangerous and common thing people do in PVP. After that you can worry about actually learning to fight/pick a weapon.
    You have a better chance at just trying to out roll the arrow rather than blocking it. But still, its a great support weapon. Also, I got a pretty damn good aim, so that helps.

I have no clue what else to do with my Lisianthus though, she has 90 dex and 65 strength, so she can pretty much use any weapon in the game.