Page 1 of 313 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Dark Souls

In the Age of Ancients,
    The world was unformed, shrouded by fog
    A land of grey crags, archtrees, and everlasting dragons

But then there was Fire
    And with Fire came Disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course... Light and Dark.

Then, from the Dark, They came
    And found the Souls of Lords within the flame.

Nito, the first of the dead
    The Witch of Izalith, and her daughters of chaos
    Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights
    And the furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten

With the Strength of Lords, they challenged the dragons.

Gwyn's mighty bolts peeled apart their stone scales
    The witches weaved great firestorms
    Nito unleashed a miasma of death and disease

And Seath the Scaleless betrayed his own, and the dragons were no more
    Thus began the Age of Fire

But soon, the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain

Even now, there are only embers, and man sees not light, but only endless nights
    And amongst the living are seen, carriers of the accursed Darksign.

-Taken from the Dark Souls wiki.

So, Dark Souls, the sequel/sucessor to Demon's Souls and a game that could be described as a joyful ride into an abyss of pain, suffering and a stuggle for survival. A struggle you will most likely loose.

Some of us have played the game already, and some of us have played Demon's Souls before we jumped on this familiar train of hurt. Some of us have not. No matter where you stand in regards to the game you are welcome to discuss the game here, it's mechanics, features, lore, fiendish traps or patches, or tell tales of your own adventure into this dark, grim world or the jolly co-operations that you have experiances. And since art has begun to surface for the game and it's characters such things are appreciated as well

In any case the game deserves a thread of it's own...

And with that being said I would like to direct this one image (somewhat NSFW-ish. And the comments are spoilerish, so don't look at those) to those players that has already rung the second bell in the game and has managed to talk to the Chaos Covenant Leader, Quelaan.
    Last edited by Hoster; November 3rd, 2011 at 01:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    There is so little lore in this game it makes me horny.
    I'm curious as to how this works.
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

Blog Entries
    that leaves virtually everything to the imagination. I don't like that.

Cause we need to construct additional souls to power tat lordship and call in the carriers cinder lords.

deadfish
    Besides.
    Seathe is a jerk who kidnaps women and turns them into snake people.

Seath also stabbed his people in the back, and went insane while researching stuff in his tower.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    OK seriously, does ANYONE know why we had to kill the guys who killed the big Stone Immortal Dragons? The witch, I could understand, she's evil and shit, but Gwyn? Seethe? Whatever happened to the Pygmy? What's the Darkness? Why do those worm guys serve it? Why is the Dark Lord like, bad? How'd the Darksign come to be?

Dark Lord is only bad depending on whose point of view you're looking at it from. Assuming you can trust Kaathe, which like everything else lore-related in the game is a big "i dunno lol".

All the other questions: i dunno lol (Except that the Pygmy is probably dead if you're his descendant, unless he's not and/or you're not)

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, "lore"? There is so little lore in this game it makes me horny.
    actually there's a fuck ton. they just don't tell you any of it up front.

but Gwyn? Seethe? Whatever happened to the Pygmy?
    seethe is a wack job, lord gwyn went power mad i think and I think although i'm not certain that the pygmy is the player/ the player is descended from the pygmy but I haven't braved the abyss with the pendant to learn about the past and so on.

also fuck everyone else sol is the best mother fucker ever!

tally ho! those gargoyle chaps have nothing on our

JOLLY COOPERATION!
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    I'm gonna continue my bitching here. FUCK YOU FUCKING ASS FUCKS SMAUGH AND ORNSTEIN, YOU FAT FUCK AND YOU SKINNY FUCK GOD I FUCKING HATE YOU FUCKERS SO FUCKING MUCH IT FUCKING MAKES MY FUCKING EYES FUCKING BOIL ARGH!

Blog Entries
    I'm gonna continue my bitching here.
    summon sol. it will make your life easier, also kill fattie first if possible.

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Last time I fought them: Did both those things, along with summoning a fairly decent phantom to help. Sol was dead the minute Ornstein went Huge, then he fucking one shotted me.

Blog Entries
    Last time I fought them: Did both those things, along with summoning a fairly decent phantom to help. Sol was dead the minute Ornstein went Huge, then he fucking one shotted me.
    thus why i said kill fattie first. orn gets big but as i recall smough only gets a lit boost which is easily mitigated.

did you start with the master key? kill havel? if you did you'll have the resources to move rather fast even in the elite knight set.

Blog Entries
    but I haven't braved the abyss with the pendant to learn about the past and so on.
    lol pendant rumor

The pendant is useless, bro. You can trade it to hawk girl for a useless covenant item, but that's it. Kaathe spills his guts about the past and the pygmy whether you have the pendant or not, the pendant does nothing, ever.

Blog Entries
    The pendant is useless, bro.
    I sincerely doubt that. I know devs promote shit but the story director recommended the thing so I'm sticking to the idea that it has some use.

for a useless covenant item
    again something i doubt. all the covenants have their benefits and if the covenant is the one i'm thinking of then it's not useless at all since it's the one you create yourself supposedly.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    thus why i said kill fattie first. orn gets big but as i recall smough only gets a lit boost which is easily mitigated.

did you start with the master key? kill havel? if you did you'll have the resources to move rather fast even in the elite knight set.
    Smough is the fattie. And no master key, have Havels ring though.

Blog Entries
    I sincerely doubt that. I know devs promote shit but the story director recommended the thing so I'm sticking to the idea that it has some use.

again something i doubt. all the covenants have their benefits and if the covenant is the one i'm thinking of then it's not useless at all since it's the one you create yourself supposedly.
    No. No, no, no. The director recommended taking the pendant or nothing at all, because they both do nothing at all, and he thinks that's the best way to experience the game. He even followed up by saying that Black Firebombs are the way to go if you want something useful to help you through the beginning of the game. There is no covenant you can make yourself. You cannot spare Sif. Pushing the truck is impossible, it doesn't give you Mew. Everything you believe is lies.

Blog Entries
    And no master key
    what was your starting class?

No. No, no, no. The director recommended taking the pendant or nothing at all, because they both do nothing at all, and he thinks that's the best way to experience the game. He even followed up by saying that Black Firebombs are the way to go if you want something useful to help you through the beginning of the game. There is no covenant you can make yourself. You cannot spare Sif. Pushing the truck is impossible, it doesn't give you Mew. Everything you believe is lies.
    you don't need to be a dick about it.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Don't you trade it to get an item you can already start with, the Old Witches Ring? If so the covenant isn't particularly useful, other than a few Pyromancy spells.

EDIT: Starting class doesn't really matter at this point, but I was a pyromancer. At this point I have high STR, DEX, and INT. Should have upgraded my VIT more.

Blog Entries
    you don't need to be a dick about it.
    I have to be a dick about everything, friend. This truth was burned into my very soul during the great Pendant wars of the Dark Souls GameFAQs boards. Kindness has no sway over that hellish field.

But anyway, the gentle way to say it is that when the director talks about ロールプレイ的 he's referring to things that don't actually affect gameplay or plot. It's more the romantic ideal of the "role-playing game". That's the place his recommendation was coming from.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; November 4th, 2011 at 02:55 PM.