Page 309 of 313 FirstFirst ... 209259299304307308309310311 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 6259

Thread: Dark Souls

I'm sorry, but it's pretty damn easy man, wipe out all of the mimics and then go after the sage. It's a hell of a lot easier without all of that purple shit flying at you while you're trying to snag the boss. You just whack em once and they disappear. Hit all of them once and then go after the real sage; rinse and repeat

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

Blog Entries
    Just like pinwheel eh
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil12 View Post
    Crystal Sage is probably one of the more annoying bosses in the game in the sense that he's not particularly hard but he can do some nasty shit that kills you easily. He can be a challenge depending on what type of build you're using, and not in a fun way.
    This.

If you don't have good damage, he's a fucking nightmare. If you're using slow weapons, he's a worse nightmare. If you don't have enough heals, or don't manage to keep an eye on his clones, or just get bad spell RNG, he's the worst fucking boss in the game.

I have more trouble fighting Crystal Sage than I do Gundyr, Nameless & Soul of Cinder put together.

A bit of advice for your next time: Put some poison on your weapon, hit him till it procs, then stand behind a nice pillar, or head up to the little safe-ish spot up the right side of the arena.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Killed the Abyss Watchers on my second try

I must be a weird Dark Souls player because everyone told me the Sage was in the running for easiest boss in the game, and that the Abyss Watchers are the first real challenge the game throws at you. But after getting a sense of their move set during my first pass, I was able to avoid just about everything they threw at me. The extended range of the fire slashes in phase two threw me off at first, but I still finished the fight wth three Estus Flasks left over.

Now I'm at the Cathedral of the Deep and loving that I chose the Hollowslayer Greatsword over Arstor's Spear. It not only does massive damage to everything here, but it looks so damn cool.
    Last edited by Imperial; June 15th, 2018 at 07:59 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also its easier to do Cathedral before Farron because you get poison Res ring

- - - Updated - - -

Sage was super hard for me too
    cos I was running pyro
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The first real challenge is either Nameless, Gundyr or the SoC depending on how you go through the game, imo

the rest before that I don't remember getting killed often by tbh

- - - Updated - - -

To this day I dont think I've ever died to Sage

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    The first real challenge is either Nameless, Gundyr or the SoC depending on how you go through the game, imo

the rest before that I don't remember getting killed often by tbh

- - - Updated - - -

To this day I dont think I've ever died to Sage
    The sage is a lot like pinwheel. If you go up against them with properly levelled gear, you'll destroy them. If you make the mistake of fighting them with low damage, they're gonna fuck you.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Also its easier to do Cathedral before Farron because you get poison Res ring

- - - Updated - - -

Sage was super hard for me too
    cos I was running pyro
    Well, damn, no wonder the Cathedral has been such a breeze. I didn't even realize the Cathedral could come first. I must be over-leveled.

In the future, I'd do the Cathedral first, but I didn't find the swamp too difficult once I pushed past the Sage. I've only died four times since the Sage: Once against the Stray Demon throwing me off the fortress, once against the Abyss Watchers, once when I fell from the rafters of Firelink while running to get the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring and once when I rolled into a corner where I wasn't able to avoid church lady's flaming hug of death.

The game has made me wonderfully paranoid about ambushes, and I've learned how to spot most of them. It feels great to notice Thralls hanging overhead or Hollow goons hanging off of ledges and bait them into an easy kill so I don't have to fight off six or seven of them at once.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

JP Friend Code
    They look just so very nice...

Blog Entries
    Poisecasting is god tier against heavy weapons what the fuck they throw a r1 at you and simultaneously eat a 1200 damage sunlight spear to the dome

Blog Entries
    I nearly had a heart attack when I saw another Crystal Sage in the Grand Archives. Thankfully, this one didn't seem to have leveled up, and its gimmick of running away and letting goons rush the player is infinitely more manageable than the original's clone schtick. Felt so good to kill the second one with no fuss, no muss.

The original Sage as a whole seemed to be my make-or-break moment as a Dark Souls player. Most everything has been smooth sailing since then. The Dungeon jailers were a pain in the ass with their withering gaze, but I got in the habit of running them down or pulling them to me before it could really become a problem.

I got Yhorm, Aldrich and Oceiros all on my first attempt. Sully took two, which was a pleasant surprise. Everyone and their mother hyped him up as the Breaker of Noobs, the King of Salt, the Battle Pope, etc. On my second pass, I got lucky on parries during his first phase and somehow boxed him into a corner during phase two. He couldn't get away from me, so I could just lay into him with an R1 spam. I also stumbled across the fact that his duplicate has its own heath bar. Once I figured that out, I would kill it every time it appeared and get a lot of free damage every time he went to re-summon it.

The Dancer killed me once when she spammed that damn grab attack, but once I realized the tell, I got through her first phase without much trouble and only took a few hits in phase two. Even her spin-to-win wasn't that bad. Thankfully, I leveled Stamina early in the game, so I always had enough in the tank to sprint in the opposite direction when she started up.

The Dragonslayer Armor was the first boss in ages who actually gave me a hard time, but this time I enjoyed it. He felt less like one of the game's typical lumbering behemoths. I had to do more than play ankle biter. I loved the way he changed up his move set between weapon-and-shield and two-handing and was more than capable of leaping around the arena like a super-sized NPC. It really got my blood pumping. Died five times and finally got him on my sixth try.

Now I'm bouncing back and forth between the Grand Archives (almost at the twin princes) and Archdragon Peak (took me ten tries to kill that damn dragon because my character kept dropping through the dragon's head when I tried to do the plunging attack). The Dark Sword is my main, but I'll occasionally switch over to the Black Blade katana for Bleed damage or the Hollowslayer Greatsword. I'm really liking the two-in-one weapons like the Drang Twin Hammers and Drang Twin Spears. Might have to roll up a Mercenary next time and spam the Sellsword Twinblades if I don't go Pyro.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Whoa.

Had no trouble with Dancer & Pontiff, but fell to Dragonslayer Armour six times?

Takes all sorts, I guess.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Whoa.

Had no trouble with Dancer & Pontiff, but fell to Dragonslayer Armour six times?

Takes all sorts, I guess.
    For Sure, he was one of the few bosses I killed first time. Sully took a few tries and I cheesed Dancer with a Shield. Though nothing got my salt flowing like the Final boss of the Ashes of Ariandel. I think so far that's the boss that took me the most tries in any souls game.

I haven't fought the final boss and the tanky boss in the Ringed city so don't know if they're more difficult.

Blog Entries
    I think I got good at this game in the wrong way.

Give me a demon wider than I am tall, and I will probably kill it in one. Give me an NPC encounter simulating a PvP fight, and I am going to die at least ten times.

I think I finally hit my wall. I'm stuck between the Havel at Archdragon Peak and the three-man gank squad the Grand Archives. I've leveled up, I've upgraded my weapons, I've tried new weapons. Nothing works. They keep killing me over and over and over again.

This game isn't fun anymore. I may not come back to it.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Stroll right past the gank squad at the Archives, and parry Havel.

Seriously, don't bother fighting those three, they aren't worth it unless you want the edgetanas, and the best way to kill Havel is always backstabs and parries.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Well, I deleted my file about an hour before you posted that, but thanks for trying to help.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Well, I deleted my file about an hour before you posted that, but thanks for trying to help.
    I found that the best way to do that is to cheese with the Astora Great sword. You can chain the charged R2 to make sure they never get a chance to attack.

- - - Updated - - -

I killed them because I wanted the armour. It was one of my favorites in DS2.

Blog Entries
    So I could have avoided the dog pile altogether, and Havel is weak to that mechanic I had pretty much forgotten about. And if I didn't want to parry, I could have cheesed him with the sword I've been using a lot lately.

If I still drank, I would take this opportunity to get hammered.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

It's not a souls game if you can't in good fashion speed rush past everything after dying for the n-th time

Blog Entries
    Yeah man if it’s not a boss arena just sprint past it that’s just common sense lol
    RIP your save what a senseless tragedy 😂
    Last edited by Mcjon01; July 6th, 2018 at 10:50 PM.