Page 2 of 313 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If so the covenant isn't particularly useful, other than a few Pyromancy spells.
    there's the short cut and easy access to the cure for that egg crap which can also be traded for a dragon scale.

Starting class doesn't really matter at this point
    I wholeheartedly disagree. the thief starts out with the master key and dex enough to use a bow so you don't have to waste time as with most of the other classes in order to get the drake sword. plus black fire bombs can get you the hammer from the tutorial boss which is powerful and easy to upgrade.

also the badass crits are good too.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Don't know if anybody's keeping up with news on the latest patch, but apparently it adds the Master Key to one of the vendor's item list. So now (or whenever the patch makes it overseas, I guess) every single starting gift is attainable within the game itself. So you can freely choose what you want without feeling the pressure of "well, better take the Master Key since it's the only one I can't get later".

The real question is, does the master key open any door that cannot be opened otherwise? I have yet to find such a door.

Blog Entries
    The real question is, does the master key open any door that cannot be opened otherwise? I have yet to find such a door.

it's about ease of access and freedom of access. (IE: the valley of the drakes/blight town etcetera)

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    It's a sequence breaking tool more than anything. Also useful in NG+ and beyond, since you can skip a good portion of the bell-ringing part of the game.

Blog Entries
    It's a sequence breaking tool more than anything.
    I just like it cause I can get the straight sword of artoras and the dragon crest shield personally (helps clerics)

deadfish
    Anyone understand the logic of why the silver knight sword, dragon fist, and dragon axe are enchantable and all the other special weapons aren't?

Blog Entries
    Did the patch only change those three or something? How random.

deadfish
    In any case, that's the post patch situation, but they might have been like this before it.

Just weird though.
    Also, love the changes to the Iaito.
    +15, Dex modifier gets boosted up to +A, + enchant = love?

41 dex, +15 upgrades, + sunlight blade (wonder if it's possible to get multiple copies of this), + two handed = 680 attack
    Last edited by deadfish; November 5th, 2011 at 11:10 PM.

I am still sitting around waiting for that patch over here...

Blog Entries
    http://kotaku.com/5895091/looks-like...ming-to-the-pc

Holy crap the PC version might actually be happening. This is the happiest day of my life.

Blog Entries
    http://i.imgur.com/yua1M.jpg

Scratch that "might".

This is both a happy and a dreadful day.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    It's apparently slated to come out in August, and will have some new bosses.

Blog Entries
    Oh lordy.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's apparently slated to come out in August, and will have some new bosses.
    Actually, it won't be new bosses.

They'll just replace all of the existing ones with Wheel Skeletons.

Blog Entries
    Confirmed new bosses so far are "Guardian of the Tomb" and "Black Dragon", which people are speculating is Guyra on account of Seath.

Blog Entries
    I was about to post this, ahahaha.

I had better get these extra bosses on my 360 as dlc or I will fuck From up. Just kidding. But i won't be pleased.

I wonder how they'll get the money to support a new set of servers.

Blog Entries
    Haha, well, I'm buying the game again regardless. But it sure would be nice of them to let people who already own it get the extra content via DLC if they want, rather than trying to leverage it into more sales for the PC version.

Blog Entries
    New dragon means new tail weapon though. We already have the dragon greatsword, drake sword, dragon tooth, dragon greataxe and dragon bone fist (I'm probably not remembering a few).

Speculating dragon spear, halberd, mace and/or axe. I really want a new spear, the current ones we have are fucked up (especially ownstein's)