Page 304 of 313 FirstFirst ... 204254294299302303304305306309 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,080 of 6259

Thread: Dark Souls

Blog Entries
    Alternatively, maybe you didn't play on both sides of the field enough in 1. I have hundreds of hours in the game and can recall only ever seeing two twinks. Both of which invaded in Sen's of all places, not the Burgh or Parish. Likewise I spent a lot of time invading, seeing other invaders in the world I was invading, and never met any twinks that way either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Alternatively, maybe you didn't play on both sides of the field enough in 1. I have hundreds of hours in the game and can recall only ever seeing two twinks. Both of which invaded in Sen's of all places, not the Burgh or Parish. Likewise I spent a lot of time invading, seeing other invaders in the world I was invading, and never met any twinks that way either.
    Twinks are nothing compared to hackers. Rip the 5-8 times got invaded when I tried starting a new character and got raped by instant curse pike nodeath trainers

Blog Entries
    Yeah I fought scriptkiddies WAAAAY more than twinks. That's the real DkS1 cancer but it was more common for the cheaters to be hosts sucking Dried Finger dick who just wanted to terrorize invaders.

- - - Updated - - -

Homeward bone mega curse gamecrashing rapier MY FAVORITE

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    The average invader was definitely twinked out. Or at least minmaxed all to hell, from what I experienced- and from all the YT stuff I've seen. Maybe I came in on the arse end of DS's life, and only caught the tryhards and the idiots who went "buhh i wanna kill people but i also dont wanna risk a 1% chance to lose lemme just look up the optimal dps output/poise amount so i can just R1 to victory". Really felt like my first playthroughs of the game, PvP-wise, were ruined by the fact that 99% of the fuckers I came across, I did about 12 damage to, while they either R1 spammed and eventually got me with two swings, or latency-animation-glitch backstabbed me for 999999 damage. I still hate the sight of all three of those bloody masks.

Either way, DS2 felt a lot better to me than DS1 ever did- or even DS3, for that matter. Despite losing most of the time I challenged the belltower gangbangs and my own invasions into gankworlds, I always thought the game was a hell of a lot more fair than the other two. Soul Memory was a good step up from the unbalanced garbage that was coming across a guy who'd looked up the optimal armour/weapon amount on mugenmonkey, +10'd everything and managed to get light rolling, 500 damage per swing and enough poise to laugh off half a dozen swings of anything that wasn't the Black Knight Greatsword.
    Fairness in DSII

All I remember were these stupid metas
    Super parrying dagger and instakill backstab
    Dual welded helix spears
    Double Avelyn Turtle Havel master

Blog Entries
    It was fair because we all broke the game together

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    By the time I got to DS1 the metas were already completelyset- giantdads and other such garbage, and you could find someone to summon once in a blue moon. I tried PvPing with a couple of weapons and setups, hated them all.

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    Fairness in DSII

All I remember were these stupid metas
    Super parrying dagger and instakill backstab
    Dual welded helix spears
    Double Avelyn Turtle Havel master
    All of those got patched... eventually.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Giantdads is actually really bad

You exceed the claymore poise breakpoint by a wasteful margin (zwei is super toggleable so who tf is bothering with poise for that)

Meta builds are demon's spear/chaos blade/balder

Blog Entries
    Who draws the line between meta and meme

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    still dont have a clue what a toggles are
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    still dont have a clue what a toggles are
    Seeing as that's like layer one out of like 11 layers of the dks1 meta maybe you lack the qualifications to actually judge what is or isn't meta if you don't know that. No flame.

Blog Entries
    dks1 meta: hack the shit out of everything, never get punished

Blog Entries
    like 11 layers of the dks1 meta
    Backstabs alone are like, 5-6 layers? Counter backstab, instant block backstab, toggle sprint backstab, regular toggle backstab, kick backstab, r1 lock backstab, WOG lock backstab, oki backstabs (jfc that's like 3 layers in itself), chain backstab, anti-chain backstabs, roll backstab, strafe backstab, counter-strafe backstab, counter-counter backstab, frame buffer backstab, black flame backstab, basic backstab cancel, counter backstab cancel, instant sprint backstabs, ravioli backstab, etc. ad infinitum

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    dks1 meta: hack the shit out of everything, never get punished
    Yeah like why permanently damage your fingers trying all the amazing tech when someone with a trainer will straight up d/c OHKO you with less than 1/5 the effort, over and over

Speaking of tech, you can actually phase through people who are using running attacks on dks3

Other guy was using the doors with the running shove (run l1?), I was l1ing with RKPUGS (iirc). Character models went through each other, he got hit, I didn't. Happened like 3x in a row after which be ran away to spam projected heal

edit: happened with crow talons i think i remembered wrong. crow talons art vs PUGS
    Last edited by Apple; April 16th, 2017 at 11:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Backstabs alone are like, 5-6 layers? Counter backstab, instant block backstab, toggle sprint backstab, regular toggle backstab, kick backstab, r1 lock backstab, WOG lock backstab, oki backstabs (jfc that's like 3 layers in itself), chain backstab, anti-chain backstabs, roll backstab, strafe backstab, counter-strafe backstab, counter-counter backstab, frame buffer backstab, black flame backstab, basic backstab cancel, counter backstab cancel, instant sprint backstabs, ravioli backstab, etc. ad infinitum
    Dark Souls 1 is art.

Blog Entries
    I honestly think it's quite broken, if you try to lockon swing at meta players your hit will not track fast enough to connect or BS cancel.

Also against laggy poise users they have a 7 second window to backstab you (2-3s from their own lag, 4s because of tech and poise)

I prefer actually being able to use R1s and R2s without being in constant anxiety of halfway across the map lagstabs

Blog Entries
    I didn't say it was good or working as intended.

Just that it's art.

Blog Entries

???

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    in Lordran time is distorted...

???
    oh thats Fume Princess, or Sorceress i dont remember which, I got summoned as a blue phantom against her.

if you`ve seen the Old Iron King invader "Boss" back in DS2, she`s basically the same.Except that King was a good sport and would let you win, if she`s close to death she just turns on immune and you just keep on getting staggered and building bleed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    oh thats Fume Princess, or Sorceress i dont remember which, I got summoned as a blue phantom against her.

if you`ve seen the Old Iron King invader "Boss" back in DS2, she`s basically the same.Except that King was a good sport and would let you win, if she`s close to death she just turns on immune and you just keep on getting staggered and building bleed.
    Reminds me of the first day I got summoned into the spears of the church boss fight

I put down my white summon sign, thought someone picked me up, instead I got spawned into the boss room as a spear and my host was an infinite iframe hacker

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know how to dodge lightning arrow reliably? I've been doing it by forcing unlocks or running in circles around them, but it seems over higher latency running clockwise/anti clockwise doesn't work and they hit you anyway.

The problem is that this is erratic, does anyone know how to reliably dodge lightning arrow? It seems to be an autowin over large levels of latency while being nigh useless on better connections.