Page 308 of 313 FirstFirst ... 208258298303306307308309310 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,160 of 6259

Thread: Dark Souls

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Why does it matter when you can i-frames dodge anything? And ADP was awful.
    Putting about 15 points in ADP meant you could ignore that stat for the rest of the game. Especially if you were doing a mage build since AGI levelled up with attunement as well. It's been a while since I played DS1 but I remember particularly in Sen's Fortress and the Artorius Boss fight being very frustrating when the roll took me away from where I needed to be. In the DLC I finally got tired of trying to make it work got a greatshield and pretty much stopped rolling. I tried it out again today morning to see if I was remembering it wrong. But no the roll really is that terrible and kills any motivation I have to play it again.

The problems with ADP at the very least I can fix in game. Power stancing is still really cool and the bone fist exists which is enough reason for me to play it over and over. I really don't understand of all the weapons they copied and reskinned why they didn't put that one in DS3. I can't really play PvP since my internet connection isn't fast enough so I can't comment on that part of the game.

I disagree completely. I can't stand Dark Souls' 2 movement, but I suppose it's subjective. The only improvement that I saw in that department was moving the jump to the left stick.

Well DS2 was the first one I played so that might be why I love it so much. Which might also be the same reason I like DS3 the least.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    omnidirectional rolling + sprinting while locked on might affect gameplay balance. at the very least pve would probably get easier in general
    >Omnidirectional movement
    >Sprint away from enemy invader r1
    >They walk 1 step forward
    >Teleported in for hornet lagstab

That would be pretty funny, just to see DSP types start shrieking at being frontstabbed

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I found DS2's movement a lot better than DS1, but DS1 had a lot more freedom to do what you needed to do.

Even with the lack of omnidirectional rolling, it felt like you were more in control when you needed to do something that wasn't just hit guy -> roll back out to avoid return swing. I think the lack of common animation cancelling and them sticking as hard as they could to their precious motion captured movements had a lot to do with that. You couldn't swing your sword, then immediately put up your guard, or go from R1 straight into R2- you could only wait for the R1 animation to fully complete, the character to go back to their resting state, and then hit the button for the next animation. There was a lot of crap that came out of having more realistic movements.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I found DS2's movement a lot better than DS1, but DS1 had a lot more freedom to do what you needed to do.

Even with the lack of omnidirectional rolling, it felt like you were more in control when you needed to do something that wasn't just hit guy -> roll back out to avoid return swing. I think the lack of common animation cancelling and them sticking as hard as they could to their precious motion captured movements had a lot to do with that. You couldn't swing your sword, then immediately put up your guard, or go from R1 straight into R2- you could only wait for the R1 animation to fully complete, the character to go back to their resting state, and then hit the button for the next animation. There was a lot of crap that came out of having more realistic movements.
    I rather liked that to be honest. It felt like every movement you made counted. It's the only Dark Souls game where you couldn't spam roll to get out of trouble. Also I absolutely hate the fact that they took pancaking out of DS3. I don't think I ever fought an NPC invader fairly in DS2 every invader got pancaked to death.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It does make your movements more meaningful, but the tradeoff is it makes the action part of the game more annoying. Nobody in history has ever needed to put the sword back on their shoulder after a swing so that they can start up the next one, and if they did, they would have died stupidly.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It does make your movements more meaningful, but the tradeoff is it makes the action part of the game more annoying. Nobody in history has ever needed to put the sword back on their shoulder after a swing so that they can start up the next one, and if they did, they would have died stupidly.
    I don't remember that happening but I do remember the hammer animations looking pretty silly. How much force do they expect to generate just using there wrists.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Try a greatsword R1 into an R2, the next time you start it up. Only a few of the animations could actually start up right after the last one, a lot of them needed you to return to resting position before you could swing again.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Just finished the main game and started Ashes of Ariandel. The fact that I can't see to kick reliably is really annoying with so many guys with shields wandering around. Especially since I ended up in fight with 10 of them at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    can't see to kick reliably
    Use a controller

If you want to coop you can add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/damn2htmls/

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Use a controller

If you want to coop you can add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/damn2htmls/
    I am using a controller. I'm not exactly sure if the problem is with me or the controller. I can do it reliably if I switch movement to the D-pad, but it just comes out as a normal R1 most of the time with the stick. My internet is fast enough for co-op only during 2-8 in the morning here so I don't usually do co-op since it'll be laggy as hell and terrible for everyone involved. Last night someone invaded me and while he R1 spammed me to death I couldn't actually see him.

So has anyone bought the remaster on PC. Supposedly it's infested with cheaters. Can anyone confirm it?

Blog Entries
    So it’s dark souls then

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That Malcolm twat and a bunch of copycats are going round getting people banned. Whether it's as prolific as you've heard or not, it's definitely a problem, a lot of people are complaining.

Also, the game is literally just a remaster. The only things they changed or fixed were small bugs and exploits- falling off ladders through the world at 60fps, tumblebuffing, queued inputs through the menu, and so on. They didn't even bother to fix Moan%.

Oh, and that stupid slippery section of the Crystal Caves you think you'll fall off every time you run past it is fixed now. So that's nice.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

So I got Dark Souls remastered. There seems to be lots of gravelords now and an equally large number hunting them. For some reason I'm having real trouble with Havel. His tracking is really off the charts.

I met my first twink Giant Dad today. Even used the point down gesture. The number of signs right now is incredible. It's my first time playing a Souls game this close to release and the number of people is amazing.

Blog Entries
    Finally hopped on the Dark Souls 3 bandwagon just in time for everyone else to pile off so they could play Dark Souls Remastered instead

I'm posting because I had my first near-rage quit today against the Crystal Sage. I know, I know. "Git gud." "Grow up." "Dry your tears."

I've heard all about how easy the Sage is, but he annihilated me at least twenty times before I lucked out and killed him. I say "lucked out" because it really did feel like RNG: The Boss. It was pure dumb luck that the Sage sometimes spawned closer to me or that the Sage and his clones sometimes used the least troublesome spells in their arsenal.

My strategy for the final encounter was the same as it had been from the third fight: Run around like a chicken with my head cut of, keep my eyes peeled for the purple aura instead of blue, use a weapon that doesn't instantly drain my stamina with one swing after running across the arena to fight him, weave in and out of the ruins as cover whenever possible (inasmuch as those can be considered cover when hiding from one of them exposes you to fire from at least two others), etc.

I won, but it is an empty victory. I didn't really win. The game simply rolled the dice in my favor this time.

Beating a difficult boss is supposed to fill you with a sense of accomplishment and inspire you to keep playing, but everything about this boss fight has left such a bad taste in my mouth that it drained my enthusiasm for the entire game.

Whenever I died before this, I took it as a teaching moment. I got too aggressive, I got careless, I got jumped by multiple guys because I wasn't paying attention to the enemies tucked away in the corner. I learned from those early game deaths and breezed through everything from the High Wall to the Crucifixion Woods. I got the sense that I only died because I deserved to die for being a bad player.

Then I ran into that slot machine of an encounter, and it really made me lose a lot of faith in the people who created it. That's not a fun boss or a majestic boss or a rewarding boss. It's a shitshow that makes me not want to play if there's going to be anything that poorly designed further down the road.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    Yo for real tho Crystal Sage is easy peasy

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Phil12's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Crystal Sage is probably one of the more annoying bosses in the game in the sense that he's not particularly hard but he can do some nasty shit that kills you easily. He can be a challenge depending on what type of build you're using, and not in a fun way.