Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiki vs the Borg

Shiki vs the Borg

This is a little scenario that's been bugging me the past few days.

Tohno Shiki's eyes allow him to see imperfection/death of all physical objects in existance. By cutting the lines the 'thing' is destroyed, whereas stabbing the dots/circles is striking at someone's death. If they exist, there's no resistance to Shiki being able to cut it.

The Borg from Star Trek are a species that assimiliate with other beings to perfect themselves. One particular example is that if something is killing them, they adapt to become immune to it.

Here be headache territory.

Would the Borg be able to adapt a resistance to Shiki's eyes? On the one hand they are still organic living beings, and can be killed. On the other hand Shiki would be relying on his ability to kill them via mystic eyes, so they should be able to adapt a resistance to that ability, which would result in Shiki needed to find alternatives to killing future Borg.

In short, could the Borg adapt to eliminate the 'lines' and 'dots' that Shiki sees?

Please help spread the word: Join or tell a friend about The Music Dispenser on Facebook.

"The best thing for being sad is to learn something... Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the thing for you."
    ~ Merlin, The Once and Future King by T.H. White

Blog Entries
    No.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In short, could the Borg adapt to eliminate the 'lines' and 'dots' that Shiki sees?
    nope it runs beyond their perceptual state. MEoDP is like the traveller, the worm hole aliens or Q, far beyond their scope. in theory the borg mind could advance to a state where they could counter it however the likelihood of reaching such with Shiki hunting them is slim to none given that given 29th century borg aren't capable of defending against anything on the MEoDP's level.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, no, probably not.
    (this could probably go in the questions thread? dunno)
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Borg getting immune to dotstab is like Beserkcules doing the same. It just doesn't work.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I don't think so. Arc has that same ability. She has gained resistance (after experiencing them) to every kind of mystery in the world except magic from the Ancient Shinto in Japan and some treasures at South America. She didn't develop any resistance to the MEoDP even after directly experiencing them. So I don't think it would work. Since death (in other words, the lifespan of existence) is something that is always there, the MEoDP just allows him to see it. If they become immune, then they would be gaining immunity to death itself, not the eyes, since the eyes is just a means to see what's already there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Yeah, Borg getting immune to dotstab is like Beserkcules doing the same. It just doesn't work.
    Oh dear.
    SHIKI CAN KILL SERVANTS DISCUSS
    he totally can lololol
    D: D: D: D: D:
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You know that this only works with non-kinetic weaponry? If you go at them with a sword or blunt force they can't adapt.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru View Post
    Oh dear.
    SHIKI CAN KILL SERVANTS DISCUSS
    he totally can lololol
    D: D: D: D: D:
    Can Servants be killed by modern weapons? Y/N
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Yes, but it would be hard.
    Now Loading...

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Yes, if you hold the modern weapon so that it points at the Servants Master.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

So in short, if it's anything short of immortal, it can't override death, and thus can't hide from Shiki's eyes. Does that sum it up?

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    You know that this only works with non-kinetic weaponry? If you go at them with a sword or blunt force they can't adapt.
    Ah, forgot about that. Sucks to be Borg in this case.

Please help spread the word: Join or tell a friend about The Music Dispenser on Facebook.

"The best thing for being sad is to learn something... Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the thing for you."
    ~ Merlin, The Once and Future King by T.H. White

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    According to recent info from CM3, they apparently can. arai didn't agree with it, though. And I forgot how the argument between him, rats and food ended.

Quote Originally Posted by esgalia View Post
    So in short, if it's anything short of immortal, it can't override death, and thus can't hide from Shiki's eyes. Does that sum it up?
    Yeah, pretty much. But the Borg are aliens, right? They might not even have a Gaian concept of death.

Blog Entries
    But they're Star Trek rubber forehead aliens, I'd be hesitant to lump them together with stuff like Types.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    According to recent info from CM3, they apparently can. arai didn't agree with it, though. And I forgot how the argument between him, rats and food ended.
    I said it jokingly >_>; never expected so many replies. As if they can then MEoDP does infact work on Servants.

Anyway, the argument mostly ended in arai's view being more accepted as he brought in Rin quotes on modern weapons and Japanese fandom.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    I just try not to think about that argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I just say to myself that Shiki is awesome, therefore he can kill Servants.
    :3
    Now Loading...

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Shiki can sex Servants. That's enough.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Troo dat.
    Now Loading...

MEoDP may not work on Servant/nonGaians, but Tohno Gland works on anything.