Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Regalia ~Colosseum~ (In-Character matches)

Blog Entries
    Erik Thorson & Rider
    Turn 1

"Watch closely our dedication. It's the last thing you're going to see." Erik said, finished with the conversation. It was obvious that no words would penetrate the madman of a zealot's pious mind, thus further discussion was pointless. Erik and Rider moved to the center of the crater, standing opposite of their enemies with only the Moon Cell's final barrier keeping the two pairs separated. Erik and Rider both nodded in understanding, knowing that the wall would soon fade.

Master and Servant took their positions as the wall separating the two pairs disappeared in a steam of 1s and 0s. Rider placed himself in front, staring down Andrei and Crusader and shielding Erik behind him, who had found himself a suitable position to root himself to. Erik grinned as he surveyed the mostly lifeless terrain, perfect for the abilities of him and his Servant. The less obstacles to deal with the easier the two would be able to act.

"Rider, this spot is good. You take care of the rest." Erik said, pulling his collar up to cover his mouth. Muffled by his collar, Erik quickly rushed out his first spell, its chant unheard by all but himself. Two large, blue walls crackling with static electricity materialized in the air, floating in front of Erik, staying just behind Rider. As the walls materialized, a set of blue ethereal wings, matching the electric walls in color, burst out from Erik's back. The snapping and cracking of static filled the air as Erik's wings began to hum and pop, absorbing energy. As the crackling grew in intensity, Erik's feet lifted a few inches off of the ground, levitating in place.

"You can count on me!" Rider boasted, slamming the edge of his shield against the ground to prove his strength. The clank of metal hitting metal joined the crackling of electricity as a long, wavy sword littered with cracks materialized in Rider's gauntlet. Grinning, Rider pointed his flamberge at Crusader, then at Andrei, then back to Crusader. "There is no longer a need for words. Come, and let us see who's name will appear on the matching board next week, as well as who will begin their eternity in Heaven."

Wise-up
    Erik Thorson
    STR D
    END C -> E
    AGI A

PRA: 550/600 (-60 2x Geirrod Grid, +10 Wings of Lightning)

Ancient Purpose: Blitzcasting (--)
    Erik’s role in life was to serve as a high speed offensive spell caster capable of casting attack spells in rapid succession while working in conjunction with a specialized defensively oriented Hyperborean for the sole purpose of absolute victory in the Moon Cell. If Erik remains stationary when casting he will automatically cast a second version of the same spell at ½ the cost of the original spell. E rank spells will auto-cast an exact replica of the original spells at no cost. In addition, battles against Servants have been factored into Erik’s creation, and his Ethereal qualities that are harmful to spirits such as Servants have been fully applied to his spells, giving them all anti-spirit qualities. However, if Erik transitions from casting the same spell multiple times he will have a hard time casting his next spell on the first attempt, lowering the cast speed of the spell.

Geirröd Grid
    Rank D
    40 Prana
    Creates a 3 meter by 3 meter grid-like wall of electricity at a chosen location. As long as the wall is in effect it will detect and move to intercept enemy spells, lowering their rank by one as they pass through the wall. Lasts 10 turns. Geirröd Grid counts as a source of electricity.

Formal Wear:
    On Wings of Lightning
    Rank E
    The last modification that has been made to Erik’s body in preparation for the Holy Grail War in the Moon Cell. Erik’s Ethereal wings have been outfitted to convert electricity into prana, allowing him to battle for as long as necessary. At the end of every turn Erik will gain 5 prana for every source of electricity near him.

Rider
    STR D
    END B*
    AGI B+++

Montauban, Unshakeable Aegis of White Marble [B] (Anti-Unit)
    The hefty shield and armor worn by Rider. In truth it is forged from the fortified marble exterior of his famous castle, and is in essence a castle in condensed form, with all of the defensive powers of such. While worn END and LCK are raised one rank. Damage suffered from attacks, spells, and Noble Phantasms that are considered (Anti-Unit) and (Anti-Army) are lowered by one rank.
    Last edited by Spinach; January 4th, 2014 at 12:54 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Andrei Biskup & Crusader
    Turn 2

Crusader raised his hands above his head as he began to address his opponents one more time, positioning himself right before the fading wall.

"I ask of you, what is dedication compared to conviction?"

His Master walked to his side, his steps muffled by the dry earth of the crater. He closed his eyes in the last few seconds of safety he had, trying to drown out all noise and distractions around him.

Grant me the courage to face my opponents. Grant me forgiveness for what I am about to do. Grant me the strength I need to execute your will.

"What is your companionship compared to our love to the one true faith?"

He raised his voice even further. It was the only thing that still attached Andrei to this world.

Because for all the unnerving behavior he had shown and for all the annoyance he caused Andrei there was no doubt about Crusader's existence.

"I ASK OF YOU, ANDREI BISKUP, MAN OF EXTRAORDINARY PRIVILEGES GRANTED TO YOU BY THE HOLY CHURCH, DO YOU FEAR WITCHCRAFT?"

He was a Saint. An existence like no other. A man whose words alone would accomplish feats that were simply impossible for any other mortal man.

"I do not. I am trained and steeled against all of its forms."

The man's bellowing voice had already exceeded the volume of what one could believably call human.

"I ASK OF YOU, ANDREI BISKUP, TRUE BELIEVER AND WARRIOR OF THE LORD'S WILL, DO YOU FEAR OUR OPPONENTS?"

His answer came without doubt or hesitation.

"I do not. I understand their capabilities and competence"

One last time the man asked him a question. He already knew the answer.

"I ASK OF YOU, ANDREI BISKUP, YOU POOR SINNER IN THE EYES OF THE LORD, DO YOU FEAR DEATH?"

"No. Life is only a test to our immortal souls."

The Servant's heavy breathing had almost drowned out the answer of his companion.

"VERY WELL! IT SEEMS THAT YOUR FAITH IS TRUE, SO I SHALL GRANT YOU THE POWER TO DEFEAT THOSE THAT OPPOSE US!"

The wall faded completely before their eyes.

"ANDREI BISKUP, MY BROTHER, MY MASTER! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!"

As he opened his eyes again, the world seemed different. There was an incredible lightness to all of his movements and his senses seemed amazingly focused on the task ahead. His thoughts raced as he asserted the situation. Both of them ran side by side right at the opposing Servant.

Facing his own he only gave him a nod as they were both only a few meters away from the imposing, armored man.

"I SHALL BE YOUR OPPONENT, RIDER!"

Crusader accelerated beyond Andrei's speed who concentrated on the walls of lightning ahead.

What followed was a tall, armored juggernaut of a man attempting a full force tackle out of a sprint, right at Rider.

Andrei had no time to check up on the eventual success of his Servant's movements as he now had to run right through the walls of lightning in front of him. Covering his face he jumped through them with superhuman speed. Just as he passed through them he spoke his words of power, grasping a single Black Key.

While the keys the Church used certainly looked like fine swords, this one felt different. It's straight hilt bore embellishments not usually seen on these expendable weapons, and its blade upon a closer look seemed to have a rough surface.

"Pán zaplň tvá ústa svým tělem"

And threw it right at the center of the Master's body.

As the key soared at the Master, the secret behind its rough surface was revealed.

From the top to the bottom of the blade, not leaving the slightest bit of space, there was an engraving of a tale of endurance and true faith.

Wiseup!
    Andrei Biskup

STR: B -> A -> C(S)
    AGI : B -> A
    END: C -> B
    PRA: B -> A
    CAS: E -> D

Conceptual Weapons:

Black Keys -> Keys of Saint Eustace

Masterfully crafted Black Keys with golden embellishments on their hilts. Filigree engravings are present on the blade of the keys, recounting the tale of Saint Eustace's conversion, trials and hardships in tiny, barely readable font, leaving the impression of a strangely rough surface. Being he patron Saint of hunters, some speculate that the vision of the cross lodged into a deer's head served as an inspiration for the development of the Black Key as a weapon for the Sacrament.

Empowers all Rites applied to the Keys, turning them into forgotten spells.

Perks:

Master of Martial Arts

Divine Protection

Rites:

Sealing Rite: Silentium
    (Rank: B (C) Forgotten Spell)

A spell popular among magus hunters. If a key with this rite applied pierces the opponent, the spell he cast immediatly before being hit can not be casted again for the remainder of the day.

Crusader:

STR: A
    END: A
    AGI: C

Skills:

Flames of Fervor and Zeal: A

The ability to inspire others to amazing feats through sharing convictions or oaths. Does not grant tactical benefits like Charisma or Military Tactics.
    A: At this rank the Strength of all allied warriors is raised by a single rank.

Noble Phantasms:

Deus Vult ~ The Fervor of Seventy-Thousand : A

Manifestation of the legend of the remarkable feat of Saint John leading 70000 men, a lot of them untrained farmers into battle at the siege of Belgrade. He had already been severly weakend by terminal illness and old age but regardless he managed to mobilize an unbelievably sized army. Untrained and underfed he nevertheless managed to inspire them to eventually lift the siege of Belgrade, charging in on his horse and leading his own part of the army. This feat had granted the man the moniker "Warrior Saint."

His sheer presence empowers those fighting for him. Passively grants +1 to all combat stats to people fighting alongside him and grants the benefits of Aegis of Faith to them when the skill is activated.

Last edited by I3uster; January 4th, 2014 at 01:15 PM.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Erik Thorson & Rider
    Turn 3

"Trying to break through with brute force while Andrei focuses on Erik? Not a bad strategy, but..." Prana, so immense and raw that for a moment it became momentarily visible to the eye in its base form, burst from Rider's being, soaking into his body and armor. As Crusader accelerated past his own Master Rider lifted his arm, and with a roar he met the zealot's charge with his shield, slamming it into his enemy with all of his might. "You'll need enough force to topple a castle faze me!"

"As for you..." Abandoning the potential to follow up against Crusader, Rider turned to Andrei, who had rushed past him during the clash between the two Servants. Rider smiled widely at the enemy's course of action, with a grin that said what words didn't need to say. Propelled by a jet of prana that exploded from his body Rider shot out like a rocket, arriving beside his enemy as Andrei burst through the wall created by Erik, and passing him up in an instant. Turning, Rider swung his shield forward, striking the airborne black key and shattering its blade down to the hilt.

As soon as the black key was dealt with Rider charged, shield raised and poised to slam into Andrei's entire body.

"Hah, I don't know why you're a Rider! You're way more suited for the Defender class!" Erik yelled, but despite the joking nature of his words they were aimed at his enemies in a mocking tone, rather than at his own Servant. "Well, everything seems to be going according to plan, so I guess I'll get started with the real festivities." With a chuckle, Erik adjusted his glasses again, pushing them up with his index finger, and muttered a single name under his breath.

"Hrungnir."

Behind Erik, two cubical manifestations of electricity formed in the air, laced with grid-like patterns not unlike the Arena treasures found in the Moon Cell. A low, constant humming emitted from the two cubes, which rotated and spun in midair slowly and lazily, accompanied by the occasional crackling sound when the cubes floated close to each other before separating, only to slowly float toward each other again.

"Well, thinking about it I guess the class doesn't matter anyway." Erik said with a resigned sigh. "It just kind of bugs me that you're called 'Rider' yet you excel at defense..."

Spoiler:
    Erik Thorson
    STR D
    END C -> E
    AGI A

PRA: 550/600 (-20 Hrungnir, +20 Wings of Lightning)

Ancient Purpose: Blitzcasting (--)
    Erik’s role in life was to serve as a high speed offensive spell caster capable of casting attack spells in rapid succession while working in conjunction with a specialized defensively oriented Hyperborean for the sole purpose of absolute victory in the Moon Cell. If Erik remains stationary when casting he will automatically cast a second version of the same spell at ½ the cost of the original spell. E rank spells will auto-cast an exact replica of the original spells at no cost. In addition, battles against Servants have been factored into Erik’s creation, and his Ethereal qualities that are harmful to spirits such as Servants have been fully applied to his spells, giving them all anti-spirit qualities. However, if Erik transitions from casting the same spell multiple times he will have a hard time casting his next spell on the first attempt, lowering the cast speed of the spell.

Geirröd Grid
    Rank D
    40 Prana
    Creates a 3 meter by 3 meter grid-like wall of electricity at a chosen location. As long as the wall is in effect it will detect and move to intercept enemy spells, lowering their rank by one as they pass through the wall. Lasts 10 turns. Geirröd Grid counts as a source of electricity.

Hrungnir
    Rank E
    20 Prana
    Creates a cube-like source of electricity that floats in the air at a designated location that strongly resembles the items in the Moon Cell Arena. Hrungnir does nothing on its own, however if touched it will deal damage to whatever touches it.

Formal Wear:
    On Wings of Lightning
    Rank E
    The last modification that has been made to Erik’s body in preparation for the Holy Grail War in the Moon Cell. Erik’s Ethereal wings have been outfitted to convert electricity into prana, allowing him to battle for as long as necessary. At the end of every turn Erik will gain 5 prana for every source of electricity near him.

Rider
    STR D -> C (Guardian Knight)
    END C -> B (Montauban) -> A (Guardian Knight) -> A+ (Prana Burst)
    AGI B+++ -> A (Prana Burst)
    MGI A

PRA: 470/500 (-30 Prana Burst)

Magic Resistance [B]
    The ability to cancel or diminish the effects of magecraft used against oneself. At this rank, rank of spell is lowered by two and D rank spells are nulled.

Guardian Knight [A]
    The skill to temporarily raise defensive power when protecting others from physical harm. Whenever protecting anyone in a fight, the Servant is granted unlimited stamina and both his STR and END are boosted by one rank. Both defensive and offensive actions are possible.

Mana Burst [C]
    The temporary raising of stats by soaking one's weapon or body with magic energy and immediately expelling it. At this rank, a normal weapon without average protection of some kind will not be able to endure the Servant's magical energy-fueled attack and will be damaged. A rank-up of one is given to any action specifically used in conjunction. For prana cost of 15 units, Servant’s AGI or END gains a momentary boost of a single rank. It is possible to boost both, but the prana cost for each is combined.

The hefty shield and armor worn by Rider. In truth it is forged from the fortified marble exterior of his famous castle, and is in essence a castle in condensed form, with all of the defensive powers of such. While worn END and LCK are raised one rank. Damage suffered from attacks, spells, and Noble Phantasms that are considered (Anti-Unit) and (Anti-Army) are lowered by one rank.

Last edited by Spinach; January 4th, 2014 at 10:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Andrei Biskup & Crusader
    Turn 4

Andrei could feel the shield smashing into his chest, knocking him right on his feet.

One of his ribs audibly cracked upon the impact, but for some strange reason he did not feel his breath being knocked out of him. He concentrated on the flow of air into his lungs, and slowly the pain of the impact went away completely, as if his rib never had been broken in the first place.

It was an almost miraculous recovery.

With his hand full of keys he stood up, running towards Rider trying to stab at him with it.

Meanwhile Crusader stared at the place Rider had been just an instant ago.

"Magic? Is that the extent of your corruption? You resort to magic to even move? Unforgivable. UNFORGIVABLE!"

Turning around he pointed his sword at his opponent.

"There is one thing that might save you at this point. I shall offer you..."

Crusader stared at Rider with a stern look on his face, but what he truly saw was far more than just the current situation.

In this critical moment, Crusader was granted a gift from the Lord itself, true understanding of what was bound to happen in this situation.

A true revelation.

Charging forward Crusader shouted at the top of his lungs.

"...REPENTANCE!"

Wiseup!
    Andrei Biskup

PRA: 340/400

STR: B -> A -> C(S)
    AGI : B -> A
    END: C -> B
    PRA: B -> A
    CAS: E -> D

Conceptual Weapons:

Black Keys -> Keys of Saint Eustace

Masterfully crafted Black Keys with golden embellishments on their hilts. Filigree engravings are present on the blade of the keys, recounting the tale of Saint Eustace's conversion, trials and hardships in tiny, barely readable font, leaving the impression of a strangely rough surface. Being he patron Saint of hunters, some speculate that the vision of the cross lodged into a deer's head served as an inspiration for the development of the Black Key as a weapon for the Sacrament.

Empowers all Rites applied to the Keys, turning them into forgotten spells.

Formal Wear: Palm of the Martyr: A

A kevlar robe with an inlaid palm of unknown origin, carrying the concept of „endurance“. The palm being a symbol for martyrdom in Christianity it allows the wearer to endure great punishment.

Laid so it aligns with the spine and the ribcage of the user, its weakest effect is stabilizing the breathing of the user even under heavy punishment, making spells unable to be interrupted during casting.

Further it reduces all physical damage by one rank.

Further effects are possible!

Perks:

Master of Martial Arts

Divine Protection

Rites:

Sealing Rite: Silentium
    (Rank: B (C) Forgotten Spell)

A spell popular among magus hunters. If a key with this rite applied pierces the opponent, the spell he cast immediatly before being hit can not be casted again for the remainder of the day.

PRA: 320/350

Crusader:

STR: A
    AGI: C

Skills:

Flames of Fervor and Zeal: A

The ability to inspire others to amazing feats through sharing convictions or oaths. Does not grant tactical benefits like Charisma or Military Tactics.
    A: At this rank the Strength of all allied warriors is raised by a single rank.
    Saint: A

Being acknowledged as a saint. When summoned as a Servant, the ability of saint is selected one among "raising the effectiveness of sacraments", "automatic HP recovery", "1 Rank-Up to Charisma" and "production of a holy shroud is possible". There are no ranks to this Skill, and it costs the same as a normal A-rank Skill to take.

A: At this rank health slightly recovers at the end of every turn.

Revelation: B

Skill equivalent to Instinct, a sixth sense regarding battles; however, "Revelation" accommodates all matters related to the achievement of a goal (for instance, choosing the most suitable path while traveling). Because there is no basis to it, it cannot be explained to others clearly.
    B: The Skill will activate in the moments of great importance.

Noble Phantasms:

Letum Malefici ~ And they shall burn for their Sins: B

Manifestation of the legend of the heretic hunter Saint John. After stabbing the opponent with his sword they light on fire. It inflicts B-Rank damage and burns the opponent's Prana based on their MGI rank, 20 per Rank. As the NP is fueled by the opponent's heresy its cost is further reduced by the amount of Prana burned, 20 per Rank. (E Rank PRA opponent: 20 Prana burned, NP cost 110, D Rank PRA opponent 40 Prana burned NP Cost 90... A Rank MGI: 100 Prana burned, NP cost 30)

Deus Vult ~ The Fervor of Seventy-Thousand : A

Manifestation of the legend of the remarkable feat of Saint John leading 70000 men, a lot of them untrained farmers into battle at the siege of Belgrade. He had already been severly weakend by terminal illness and old age but regardless he managed to mobilize an unbelievably sized army. Untrained and underfed he nevertheless managed to inspire them to eventually lift the siege of Belgrade, charging in on his horse and leading his own part of the army. This feat had granted the man the moniker "Warrior Saint."

His sheer presence empowers those fighting for him. Passively grants +1 to all combat stats to people fighting alongside him and grants the benefits of Aegis of Faith to them when the skill is activated.

Gratia Dei ~ The Gift of Life: A+

Manifestation of Saint John healing the sick. Passively augments the automatic health recovery to not only heal serious (C-Rank) wounds per turn but also grants it to people fighting alongside him.

Further effects are possible!

Last edited by I3uster; January 11th, 2014 at 10:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    Erik Thorson & Rider
    Turn 5

“I guess it takes more than that to keep you down, huh?” Rider asked teasingly, glancing back and forth between a now fuming Crusader and the recovering Andrei. The distinct sound of rustling armor accompanied Rider’s sword as he brought his blade up, pointing it directly at Andrei much like Crusader was doing to him. “Well, if I’m the one you’re after I’ll be happy to oblige, but…”

"There is one thing that might save you at this point. I shall offer you..."
    Rider paused for a moment, shooting a sideways glance toward Crusader as the Servant’s stern reprimand quieted down. In his enemy’s eyes Rider saw something strange, a twinkle that he could not fully understand, but behind those eyes he knew that what Crusader saw in this moment and what he saw were very different things.

Rider grinned, turning back to face Andrei in the brief gap left in Crusader’s shouting. “But, don’t expect…”

"...REPENTANCE!"
    Rider stopped again as Crusader charged forward with a booming roar, not willing to waste his breath trying to speak over the giant zealot. With a laugh Rider turned to face the charging Servant, flashing a confident smile as Crusader’s charge closed in on him.

“We’ve been over this, Crusader.” Rider turned back to Andrei, still brimming with confidence as the Servant charged toward his undefended frame. “You’ll need enough force to level a castle if you want to take me down.”

Montalban.

Rider’s shield and armor burst into brilliant clouds of beaming white dust, only to disappear into nothingness, leaving Rider dressed in nothing but a set of shoddy, mangled robes, covered in dirt and all manner of grime. In that instant a colossal white wall burst from the ground, cutting off Crusader’s charge completely. A resounding clang filled the arena as Crusader’s blade met castle, completely nullifying the lone man’s attempt to level what even armies could not, and Rider chuckled.

“Like I was saying, Andrei.” A blast of prana surged from Rider’s body as the Servant exploded forth with a roar. Rider’s sword flew toward Andrei’s neck, cutting through the air at a speed that left no room for response in a reckless charge that made no attempt at defense. In one fell swoop Rider would take Andrei’s head, “Don’t expect me to hold back!”

“Looks like they’re having all sorts of fun over there.” A slim finger pushed up a pair of glasses by the frame, followed by a dry chuckle that matched the rhythm of the humming of electricity. “I can’t say I’m not a little jealous, but at least it makes my job easier. Now then.”

“Hrungnir.”

In a flash a first, a second, and a final third electric cube burst into existence behind Erik, more than doubling the constant static humming. As the cubes floated into position a ballad of crackling electricity rung out from Erik's wings, electricity dancing along the surface of them. Another dry chuckle rung out, once again in tune with the cacophony of electricity floating through the air.

“I wonder if they’ll keep giving Rider all the fun now?”

Spoiler:
    Erik Thorson
    STR D
    END C -> E
    AGI A

PRA: 545/600 (-40 Hrungnirx2, +35 Wings of Lightningx7)

Ethereal
    Remnants of Timaeus only. Your very existence is more akin to that of a spirit. Built to resemble an artificial fairy, you are granted with flight ability through a pair of transparent wings, and with the ability to influence spirits and spiritual concepts with your physical touch. Even the weapons you touch are capable of harming spirits, such as Servants. Due to your close association with the Ether, you are able to store 200 more prana points. However, your existence is also very fragile, reducing your END by two ranks.

Ancient Purpose: Blitzcasting

Thaumaturgy Special Trait: Chain Lightning
    A modification made to Erik’s mind, body and circuits to further boost his effectiveness in his given purpose; overwhelmingly numerous attack magecraft. If Erik casts the same spell he cast in the previous turn he will automatically cast another version of the chosen spell at the same rank for the full cost of the spell. Every turn that Erik successively casts the same spell he will receive an extra cast for that spell. Duplicate spells from Blitzcasting will have no effect on Chain Lightning (they will not trigger extra casts).

Geirröd Grid
    Rank D
    40 Prana

Hrungnir
    Rank E
    20 Prana
    Creates a cube-like source of electricity that floats in the air at a designated location that strongly resembles the items in the Moon Cell Arena. Hrungnir does nothing on its own, however if touched it will deal damage to whatever touches it.

Formal Wear:
    On Wings of Lightning
    Rank E

Rider
    STR D
    END C -> B (Prana Burst)
    AGI B+++ -> A (Prana Burst)
    MGI A

PRA: 310/500 (-130 Montauban, -30 Prana Burst)

Magic Resistance [B]
    The ability to cancel or diminish the effects of magecraft used against oneself. At this rank, rank of spell is lowered by two and D rank spells are nulled.

Guardian Knight [A]
    The skill to temporarily raise defensive power when protecting others from physical harm. Whenever protecting anyone in a fight, the Servant is granted unlimited stamina and both his STR and END are boosted by one rank. Both defensive and offensive actions are possible.

Mana Burst [C]
    The temporary raising of stats by soaking one's weapon or body with magic energy and immediately expelling it. At this rank, a normal weapon without average protection of some kind will not be able to endure the Servant's magical energy-fueled attack and will be damaged. A rank-up of one is given to any action specifically used in conjunction. For prana cost of 15 units, Servant’s AGI or END gains a momentary boost of a single rank. It is possible to boost both, but the prana cost for each is combined.

Rebellious Fate [A]
    Skill of those who fought against their fate, against forces of those with far large influence them. What matters is not if they prevailed, but that they tried. Enough to cancel all kinds of charisma and leadership abilities.

Montauban, Impenetrable Castle of White Marble [B] (Anti-Army)
    Rider expands the “castle” of his shield and armor, sacrificing its protection to create three castle walls that move independently of each other, rising from and sinking into the earth in an instant to protect Rider and his allies. Each wall has the full defensive properties of a “castle,” completely blocking Anti-Unit and Anti-Army attacks below A rank, as well as severely mitigating the damage of A rank attacks. However, attacks that fall under the Anti-Fortress category will completely overwhelm any individual wall, destroying it completely. Walls can be combined, forming a more powerful defense capable of standing up to even Anti-Fortress attacks if all three walls are together. However, once a wall has combined with another wall it cannot be split apart until the Noble Phantasm is canceled.

While active, Rider’s armor and shield are lost. Walls can be destroyed, and once destroyed will not regenerate until the Noble Phantasm has run its course. If all three walls are destroyed the armor and shield will not regenerate immediately and will require 5 turns to regenerate.
    Last edited by Spinach; January 22nd, 2014 at 03:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    Andrei Biskup & Crusader
    Turn 6

The Servant's sword was too fast to evade for a human. He was an existence beyond Andrei's, a man remembered in legend and song long after his soul had passed on. No matter if he would prevail here, no matter what he had done before in service of his faith, nobody would speak of Andrei's deeds. A man's mortal shell offers no resistance to a living legend's sword.

But it wasn't just skin and bone that protected this man. His skill was not be rewarded with immortality in the consciousness of the human race, but with certain privileges. Privileges, like access to weapons unrivaled in the modern age.

Sure, they would not stand up to the most precious tools of a legendary warrior. But all he had to deal with now was a physical blow.

The sword struck his collar, and the collar did not give in. As if by divine intervention, the fabric did not rip.

Like a doll he was flung through the air, the brunt of the impact lifting his body from his feet. The pain in his neck only amplified his nausea as his whirling body impacted on the ground.

He did not feel his legs anymore, nor his arms. Trapped in his own body, all he could do was wait for the finishing blow of his opponent.

He had no reason to think that this fight would turn in his favor anymore. So he chose not to think.

Instead, he chose to believe.

-----

His sword struck the wall to no avail. The impressive white fortification could not be brought down with a mere sword, no matter how determined the wielder was. It was despicable, cowardly behavior, intended to cut off his much weaker Master, his anchor to this world, from him and win this fight without having to engage him.

Rider was afraid of facing Crusader, and he understood why. It was no fight he feared. If this had been a battle against anybody else, Crusader was sure that Rider would have faced him head-on. But Crusader embodied something that even a dead man was afraid of.

Judgment for his sins.

Again and again he hit the wall, the rhythm of his strikes blending into a strange tone as the wall sent his sword back, vibrating through the sheer strength Crusader wielded.

No progress was in sight. Even as his wrists shattered from the recoil of his blade the wall showed no sign of giving in.

"RIDER!"

Was this all he could do? Would this be the end of him? Dying like a starved dog in the streets, unable to sustain his own existence?

No. No wall would be the end of him. No fortification would be able to starve him out, neither from the outside or from the inside. Just a little bit more power, that was all he needed. And that was when he finally realized. Sacrifices had to be made. A test of his conviction was in order.

Few things were effective against such fortifications.

One of them was fire.

His sword was raised above his head again, but it did not strike the wall. Instead, with an agile move of his already healed wrist, his grip on the sword changed. Now he held it backwards, the blade facing him.

And with a peace of mind others would never encounter in their lives, the Servant pierced his own armor, penetrating his own body.

"Letum Malefici."

His entire body, wounded as it had been through the strike already now lit up in flames. His skin burned, causing unimaginable pain to every part of his body. His eyes dried up from the heat, barely allowing him to see anything but the white of the wall in front of him. The fire had engulfed every part of him.

Including the fists that now hammered the wall, cracking it more and more with every strike.

"WHAT IS A WALL..."

Every strike was like a mortar shell, easily loud enough to rip a normal human's ear drum. It did not matter to Crusader. His pain threshold was long gone through the purifying flames that threatened to consume his flesh.

"...BUILT BY THE HAND OF MEN..."

His bruised fists cracked. The body of a Servant was amazingly resilient and could restore as long as the spiritual cores had not been harmed, but Crusader was unable to repair the damage he caused to himself, having to hang on to his life as the flames consumed more and more of his body.

"...AGAINST THE STRIKES..."

More strikes hammered the wall until Crusader noticed that his fists no longer caused enough damage. Even in his fervor he realized why.

His fists had turned soft, utterly pulverized under his own strength.

Not fazed in the slightest by this, the Servant resorted to using his elbow.

"...OF AN INSTRUMENT..."

Another disgusting cracking sound informed the Servant that his elbow had given in, but so had most of the wall. And as his right arm had been left utterly wrecked, he did the only logical thing.

To a mad man anyway.

"...OF GOD!"

Using all of his weight, his burning shoulder impacted the wall, reducing the proud fortification to less proud rubble.

Rolling through the dust of the destroyed wall, the Servant wasted no time. He pulled the sword out of his abdomen, pointing the weapon, baptized in fire and blood, at Rider.

"There is no fortification that protects against judgement, Rider."

Out of breath and with a gaping wound leaking blood out of his armor, the Servant's stare focused his opponent.

"Burn here, or burn in hell."

The stage of history has opened its curtain once more.

Four stand at the crossroads of Fate with ambitions bared.

Who will claim victory and everlasting glory?

A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.

Forgotten Colosseum
    Turn X

The last hours of sunlight beam cast large shadows over the remains of a once-grand colosseum. The stands are empty and time has destroyed most of the foundations, causing some of the sections to have fallen through. Chunks of masonry and statues litter the battlegrounds, dyed a dark red from split blood from deadly contests ages ago. The single dominating feature of the ruins is the giant collapsed statue across from the main viewing box where the high-class officials sat. All that was left standing of the large statue was its bottom half with its torso and head scattered throughout the arena. Whatever had happened to this arena and its attendants, nobody knew; the statues and architecture looked similar to Roman design but vastly different in several aspects, especially concerning the great statue that had fallen. But what was known was the lavish scope and grand scale of its blood sports.

The silence of the sunset is broken as rusted chains and machinery grind with movement. The gates of the eastern and the western sides slowly open as two silhouetted pairs walk out of the shadow. Torches and braziers suddenly alight and cast a fiery glow throughout the desolated colosseum. Shadows dance and swirl as the air grows thick with prana.

The colosseum was awakened once more and it was thirsty for one more bloody battle.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Mitsurugi Hitomi & Reaver
    Turn X

The two stepped into the dusty arena, the bright evening sun leaving a glare in their eyes. The young girl looked around, her gaze like daggers, looking over the battlefield of ages past with a disappointed frown. Her hand flitted towards one of the hilt of her six swords, glancing at her Servant.

“Distasteful, don’t you think? We’re like animals that shed blood for sport,” she said with a sigh, looking across the battlefield for their opponents.

“I don’t care about that, Master. I’ll kill as I please.” Her Servant cracked her knuckles, the pure image she radiated wilting like poorly watered flowers. “Well, I guess I can’t, with someone like you. Your so called ‘justice’ and all that.”

Reaver spat into the ground, kicking at the dirt. She was restless, exactly like a chained attack dog ready for the hunt. But somehow, in some way, there was something attractive about her, her ferocity and her somewhat-rough demeanor.

“At least let us talk to them first,” the Master said, walking towards the middle of the arena, beckoning her Servant to follow.

Wise up!
    Reaver

Personal Skills

Divine Beauty
    The beauty if the Servant is truly alluring, and it is on the level of mind-affecting magecraft. When in the presence of Servant with this skill activated, enemies find themselves under enchantment that tries to make them do his bidding. Time will weaken the effect.
    - B: At this rank, only high rank mental-warding skills combined with medium rank MGI can ward of the enchantment.
    Last edited by Katie; August 10th, 2014 at 05:50 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Kaiser and Xenon
    Turn X

Kaiser walked onto the battlefield, as he shook his head. Another fight, another enemy. It seemed that even though time had long since forgotten him, battles still existed. "I hope you know what you're doing Xenon. Is this truly the best way to lead your people?" Xenon scoffed at Kaisers skepticism. "Kings are not determined by the one who is most peaceful. They are determined by the one who commands victory the most. I don't know why you were summoned by one such as myself, but if you want your wish then you will need to fight our opponents over there."

Xenon looked at the two of them. Both of them seemed to be females, though humans were difficult to understand at times. One of them, the one who seemed to be her Servant, seemed to be especially odd. A strange emotion stirred within, but it was one that he couldn't comprehend. "Kaiser, do you know what is going on?" Kaiser did not need to hear Xenon's explanation. The Servant was exceptionally beautiful. Were he less prepared, no doubt it would have been hard on him. "Try to avoid looking at her." Kaiser moved to turn Xenon's head, which helped to stifle the emotion within. "I didn't tell you to do that Kaiser. Don't touch me without my permission."

Kaiser sighed, and waved his arm at the two that approached. "I know not why you wish to battle. I will not do you the discourtesy of trying to dissuade you from fighting either. But if you wish to trade words before we fight I would be honored to hear your reasons for fighting." Xenon shook his head. There was no point in talking to people who were only going to die. It would be a better use of their time if they simply ended things now. He was careful to avert his eyes from Reaver, not wanting to be stunned again by her power.

Wise up!
    Kaiser
    Stats
    MAG: A

Personal Skills
    Bravery (C): At this rank, the Servant is resistant to most mental interferences, and those that do affect him are lessened greatly.
    Last edited by Caster; August 10th, 2014 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Turn X

The Servant had asked what they fought for. It was almost trivial, really. The things they fought for were embedded into their heart and soul, irreplaceable by any other value. They were born for their destiny, and raised to accept it.

“I am a sword that cuts evil,” the Master said, her voice not wavering. Rather, she had focused determination and a steely glare that could slice through the hardest of obstacles. “And I am Mitsurugi Hitomi.”

“And I am a humble Buddhist monk who enjoys more… wordly desires. I am Reaver, slayer of men.” She introduced herself with a curtsey, her words like poisoned honey, sweet to hear but unmistakably toxic. She licked her lips and clenched her firsts.

Hitomi drew her blade and at the same time, Reaver raised her fists. Neither of them were too concerned about the state of their opponents—they existed, and they were to be eliminated.

“We’re not ones for patience,” Reaver said, eyes locked on Kaiser.

Wise up!
    Reaver

Personal Skills

Divine Beauty
    The beauty if the Servant is truly alluring, and it is on the level of mind-affecting magecraft. When in the presence of Servant with this skill activated, enemies find themselves under enchantment that tries to make them do his bidding. Time will weaken the effect.
    - B: At this rank, only high rank mental-warding skills combined with medium rank MGI can ward of the enchantment.

Kaiser and Xenon
    Turn X

Xenon laughed, unable to help himself. "The sword that cuts evil? Is this what humans see themselves as? There's no such thing as evil. You either use your powers for whatever you wish, or you die at the hands of others." Kaiser turned, and flicked Xenon in the forehead. "Enough. They may be our enemies, but that doesn't give you the right to trample over their beliefs. At the end of the day, you will see that their beliefs are just as strong as your own."

Xenon grimaced, as he kept his eye on the enemy Master. "Very well then. If my "friend" wants us to be polite, then I will try and do so. It'd be a waste of a Command Seal right now. My name is Xenon, and I shall lead my people to a better future." Despite his earlier mockery, Xenon's words were sincere, a legitimate desire to better the Mercurians everywhere. Kaiser readied his baton and shield as he faced Reaver. "I am Kaiser. I have little desire to face you, but both myself and my Master fight for our people. If it means we must do battle, then so be it."

Wise up!
    Kaiser
    Stats
    MAG: A

Personal Skills
    Bravery (C): At this rank, the Servant is resistant to most mental interferences, and those that do affect him are lessened greatly.

The stage was set.

Actors were in their place.

Once more, the bloody curtain of this endless war opens on the stage of battle.

Two will live, two will die.

The cat smiles from its perch as the flames of the ancient arena dance with the shadows of the dead.

Spirits arise and await, eager for the bloodshed ahead.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Call if thy soru raised a regend
    Refraction of victor only in crystals of thy anime
    Yes, this is fight or food
    Let this be a battle of death of thyself
    Battle, BEGIN!

Xenon and Kaiser vs Mitsurugi Hitomi and Reaver
    AGI Advantage: Team Reaver (A)
    Turn 1: Mitsurugi Hitomi and Reaver

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Turn 1

“Let’s go, Reaver.”

In a flash, Mitsurugi Hitomi drew two of her six blades, their gleam and structure radiating an aura that could only be descrived as divine. They were pieces of a legend from ages past, the Ame no Habakiri, the blade ten times the length of its handle. It was obvious what had become of the broken blade—it was reformed into not one, but many. Hitomi quickly dove for her target, the alien, and swung her blades in tandem, crackling with lightning like a storm, swift bolts crashing upon Xenon.

On the other hand, her Servant was even more reckless. Neglecting any sense of defense, she had rushed forward in a swift punch, the very air roaring with a crash, aiming to drive the Servant away from the master, swift and sudden like a viper coming in for the kill.

Then the poison came.

Reaver’s fist coated itself in black, dark tendrils of smoke, radiating heat like fresh coals. The very substance made the air hiss as Reaver grinned, her smile baring fangs. This was a blow that had no mercy.

Wise up!
    Mitsurugi Hitomi

Stats

STR: C
    AGI: A

Perks

Tradition Carrier
    Cost: 70 AP
    - You are in possession of a artifact so powerful it is classified as a Noble Phantasm. That artifact has been passed down in your lineage for a long time, and links you to an ancient hero. However, being from such a famous line, those with any knowledge about that kind of field are bound to recognize you, and your Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasm

Ame no Habakiri
    Rank B
    Anti-Team
    Range: 1-25
    Targets: 1-20

The Ame no Habakiri, or the Blade Ten Times the Length of its Handle, was the sword Susanoo used to slay the mighty youkai Yamata no Orochi. When cutting up the tail of the beast, it broke upon contact with the Kusanagi embedded inside. Later on, it was reforged into a set of six blades.

Passively, they seem to conduct electricity with every swing and possess an anti-demon/dragon attribute for slaying Orochi. However, the six blades individually are very fragile, and can be broken by A rank attacks or higher. When broken, the blades must be sheathed for a turn to repair themselves.

Reaver

Stats
    STR: B -> A (Prana Burst)
    END: B+
    AGI: B
    MGI: B+ (330/350)

Personal Skills

Divine Beauty

Mana Burst (Smoke)
    The temporary raising of stats by soaking one's weapon or body with magic energy and immediately expelling it. The said magic energy is infused with the user’s own element, causing additional damage.
    - B: At this rank, a normal weapon without high divine protection will not be able to endure the Servant's magical energy-fueled attack and will be damaged. For prana cost of 20 units, Servant’s AGI, END or STR gains a momentary boost of a single rank. It is possible to boost two attributes at the same time, but the prana cost for each is combined.
    A superheated smoke that obscures vision, with the exception of Reaver herself.
    Last edited by Katie; August 22nd, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

Kaiser and Xenon
    Turn 1

Xenon held up his arm, as crystal formed around it. Soon there was a small cannon of sorts, molded around his arm. He took a leap back, as he aimed carefully at his target's right arm. "Kaiser, I shall handle this disgraceful opponent, you take care of her Servant." The shot was fired midair, as he landed on the ground, keeping aim on his opponents legs. It might not be enough to hit, but if he kept watch there would be another opening. The weapon was small, but it had strong homing capabilities, making dodging difficult for the opponent in the best of situations.

The winds roared as Kaiser clashed his shield with Reaver. Stronger than he appeared, his weapon glowed with energy, even as it clashed with the smoke that Reaver was producing. "An opponent who has no honor, striking with darkness. I don't know who you are, but I have already defeated the smoking mirror, your shadows hold no weight here!" Swinging the baton, the wind worked into a gale, carrying his strike with it. It had been a long time since Kaiser had seen his family, but seeing someone so similar brought back memories that he wasn't happy with. Whatever the cost, he would not allow Reaver to spread her poison.

Wise up!

Xenon
    PRA: A (300/550)

Formal Wear
    Cost: 30 AP (Rank B)
    - Increases the wearer's prana supply by 150 points.

Crystal Conversion Curse
    Cost: Free
    Aspect: Homes in on the selected location when fired.

Kaiser
    STR: C --> B
    END: C
    AGI: D+++ --> C+++
    MAG: A (456/500)

Personal Skills
    Bravery: C
    Mana Burst (Wind): A
    Last edited by Caster; August 24th, 2014 at 09:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Turn 2

“Disgraceful? Firearms? Monsters like you have no need to talk about honor, being capable of understanding it.”

Her opponent was just as fast, she noticed, but there had to be a price to pay for such a construct. Any ranged weapon had ammunition, but she would always have her swords.

In a stroke of luck, perhaps fate, her blade sliced straight through, lighting shattering, vaporizing crystal, preventing what could have been her untimely demise.

Calmly, she grasped the two blades in her hands and put them together with a snap, creating a larger, interlocking blade. She’d complete it in due time.

“Care to try again, nonhuman?”

In the other battle, Reaver grinned.

“Honor this, honor that. How does honor matter in a world where the strong subjugate the weak? Where the masses overwhelm the minorities? Everything is prey, and you must be a hunter—”

A monstrous aura formed around Reaver, coating her in a new skin, one that felt repulsive to the touch. Her eyes became serpentine slits and one could see the faint image of horns crowning her head, the overwhelming beast buried inside.

She reached out to grab the baton, meeting strong winds with overwhelming force and smoke, hoping to tear it away from the owner’s grasp.

“—who can hunt the hunters!”

Wise up!
    Mitsurugi Hitomi

Stats

STR: C

Perks

Tradition Carrier
    Cost: 70 AP
    - You are in possession of a artifact so powerful it is classified as a Noble Phantasm. That artifact has been passed down in your lineage for a long time, and links you to an ancient hero. However, being from such a famous line, those with any knowledge about that kind of field are bound to recognize you, and your Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasm

Ame no Habakiri
    Rank B
    Anti-Team
    Range: 1-25
    Targets: 1-20

The Ame no Habakiri, or the Blade Ten Times the Length of its Handle, was the sword Susanoo used to slay the mighty youkai Yamata no Orochi. When cutting up the tail of the beast, it broke upon contact with the Kusanagi embedded inside. Later on, it was reforged into a set of six blades.

Passively, they seem to conduct electricity with every swing and possess an anti-demon/dragon attribute for slaying Orochi. However, the six blades individually are very fragile, and can be broken by A rank attacks or higher. When broken, the blades must be sheathed for a turn to repair themselves.

Reaver

Stats
    STR: B -> A (Monstrous Strength) -> EX (Prana Burst)
    END: B+ -> A (Prana Burst)
    AGI: B
    MGI: B+ (290/350)

Class Skills

Numb to Pain
    Servant feels less pain than others of his kind, and injuries do not affect his battle effectiveness.
    - B: At this rank, the Servant can shrug of all but the pain on level of a torture, and even large wounds do not reduce his battle effectiveness.

Personal Skills

Divine Beauty

Mana Burst (Smoke)
    The temporary raising of stats by soaking one's weapon or body with magic energy and immediately expelling it. The said magic energy is infused with the user’s own element, causing additional damage.
    - B: At this rank, a normal weapon without high divine protection will not be able to endure the Servant's magical energy-fueled attack and will be damaged. For prana cost of 20 units, Servant’s AGI, END or STR gains a momentary boost of a single rank. It is possible to boost two attributes at the same time, but the prana cost for each is combined.
    A superheated smoke that obscures vision, with the exception of Reaver herself.

Monstrous Strength
    An ability possessed by monsters and beasts, temporary boost of the Strength parameter by one rank for a time limit determined by the ranking of this skill. May be used once in battle.
    - A: At this rank, the Servant receives a boost in STR that will last for few consecutive battles.
    Last edited by Katie; August 26th, 2014 at 11:53 PM.

Turn 2

The two Servants crash with explosive energy, the monstrous Reaver against the regal Kaiser. The choking haze collides against the harrowing gale in a maelstrom of prana as the beastly woman strikes out towards her opponent's weapon. Despite Kaiser's defense, Reaver's smoke covered body overpowers the wall of wind and she breaks through in a roar of inhumanly strength and vigor.

The king-like Servant raises his decorated shield but it is already too late.

With one swipe of her mighty arm, Reaver smacks away Kaiser like a fly.

The Servant of Kings spins through the air before landing far away from his collision point with his enemy. His main hand was empty as the woman Servant had knocked away his weapon, one of the symbols of his kingship, in the opposite direction. His Master had retreated behind its Servant as this had happened.

The warrior king bleeds from his mouth as it drips onto the rust-colored sand.

-----------------

The prana that had coalesced in the arena exploded in a fury of excitement as the blood drop hit the ground. The light of the torches danced wildly in the night as shadows grew long and omnious. Above, the moon turns a pale red as the night is dyed crimson.

The sacrifices were ready.

Suddenly, the silence of the night is pierced by shrieks and howls of ghastly origins as pale imitations of humans came into view in the seats of the forgotten colosseum. The fallen masonry and destroyed foundations sprung from their fallen areas and re-positioned into their original positions. Ornate tapestries unfurled from nothingness as the pieces of the arena statues realigned themselves with the main statue depicting a giant nude male with two large swords and an armored head was restored by unknown phenomenon. Scarlet phantoms of the poor and rich, young and old, martial and civilian, stood in the once-empty sections and spectated at the blood sport that would soon come. And they welcomed it for it followed their lost doctrines and rituals.

Soon this land would swallow another poor soul into its blood-stained maw.

--------------------

[Battle Resume.]
    Last edited by MssrNeko; August 27th, 2014 at 08:55 PM.

Spoiler:

Kaiser and Xenon
    Turn 2

"Monster? Humans have done worse than anything my people have ever done. You have no legs to stand on." Or, perhaps, it was Reaver who would have that issue. Two shots, aimed at Reaver's right and left legs fired from Xenon's weapon, as he pulled back, keeping his distance from Hitomi. Of course, it might not be good enough to stop Reaver, but if she stopped to grab the baton, they would hit her.

Kaiser saw the opening his Master was trying to make, and was grateful that his Master was able to handle the ranged things. He would not allow his weapon to fall into the hands of an enemy who lacked in honor. Even with the boost to his agility, his speed was not the best, but it might be enough if Reaver wasn't careful. Somehow, they would turn the tide against these enemies. He had been saving his speed for a time like this, he just wished he had used it earlier.

Wise up!

Xenon
    PRA: A (300/550)

Formal Wear
    Cost: 30 AP (Rank B)
    - Increases the wearer's prana supply by 150 points.

Crystal Conversion Curse
    Cost: Free
    Aspect: Homes in on the selected location when fired.

Kaiser
    STR: C --> B
    END: C
    AGI: D++ --> C++
    MAG: A (456/500)

Personal Skills
    Bravery: C
    Mana Burst (Wind): A

Blog Entries
    Second iteration of Holy Grail War complete.
    Checking records of Holy Grail War.

Anomalies present.
    Unknown entity has been summoned.
    Launcher class has been summoned.
    Find new system?
    Y/N?

Y

Similar system found.
    Name: Regalia.
    Testing new system.
    Simulation #1.
    Defender vs. Berserker.
    Summoning Servant Defender.
    Defender has been summoned.
    Summoning Servant Berserker.
    Berserker has been summoned.

Servant Defender (Caster) vs. Servant Berserker (Milbunk)
    (BGM)
    Both of you awoke no… You were summoned inside this elevator. Any doubts you had on "why" was answered when you saw the other occupant of the elevator.

ENEMY
    KILL THEM

However for now, you were stopped from killing each other due to a barrier in the middle of the elevator.

Blog Entries
    Berserker
    Round: 1
    Turn: 1

There he was, just staring at me like some slackjawed buffoon. What was the matter with that fool, with that idiotic armor he wouldn't know taste if it hit him straight in the face.

"Hey buddy... Watcha lookin at? Ya itchin ta die or somethin?"

Defender
    Round: 1
    Turn: 1

Defender sighed. One opponent after the next. He had handled larger amounts of enemies in the past, but the quality of his foes was certainly better than what he had faced before. Still, this latest foe seemed a great deal less intimidating than the others. Supposedly he was a Berserker, but he lacked both the brute force of that container as well as the... traditionally poor mental capacity. "I have no desire to die. I will face you head on, as is befitting a knight. But if you think I am the one who will fall here, you are sadly mistaken." Defender brandished his sword, as he looked at his opponent directly. Fire flickered down his sword as he prepared himself for this next match.