Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2345691454 ... LastLast

Thread: Melancholy of One (A Grail Works. LTD. Story)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    In all seriousness, though, I do look forward to the next chapter. This promises to be a fun story.
    Indeed. I wonder what order Shiki will fight the Extra Servants, and if maybe an Apocrypha Servant might slip into the roster.

I'm curious as to how many servants will actually be characterized.
    The war is so large that it can't not be populated be supermooks.

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

I'm sorry to say I've found I can't RP. I just can't trust myself to stick around long enough.

Blog Entries
    Well, you only fight seven Servants, eight counting Saviour, so there's no need to characterize more than that, unless there are a few Servants Shiki will meet simply for the fun of it.

MEH???

Am I missing something?
    I thought there were hundreds of entries and over a hundred final spots.

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

I'm sorry to say I've found I can't RP. I just can't trust myself to stick around long enough.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delcer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsly View Post
    MEH???

Am I missing something?
    But they all fight in 1v1 duels, so there will only be seven servants to fight, or so I assumed. 128 competitors, starting off and each round the number is cut in half.

Blog Entries
    MEH???

Am I missing something?
    On the first day of every week there is a list of the surviving combatants placed on the bulletin board on the second floor of the school. The board lists who fights who for that week, and at the end of that week they fight a 1v1 battle.

It's basically a tournament.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Each round the number is halved, you also fight a servant from each class. round 1 was against Rider, Francis Drake. This round chances are they are fighting extra!Archer
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

But if that's the case,
    Then why are there rules agains teaming up?

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delcer's Avatar
    But if that's the case,
    Then why are there rules agains teaming up?
    How do you team up in a 1v1 elimination tournament?

Blog Entries
    It's very close to impossible to "team up" in EXTRA. The two combatants enter a sealed off arena that only they can enter. Spoiler ahead:

Spoiler:
    At one point, your character, because of a unique condition, is able to actually Command Seal warp into the arena where Rani and Rin are fighting. Doing so, you can save one of the two, creating a loophole where they still live even though their Servant is dead. This is the only case of "teaming up."

The rules against teaming up where why I was imagining epic free for alls with DEATH@DESTRUCTION everywhere.

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

Blog Entries
    The rules in the Moon Cell are rather well enforced.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Color me interested, especially since I just got my new copy of Fate/EXTRA today.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

I had mine for like a few days
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Argh... I want to get it, but I don't have the money for it.

30-40 bucks?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Depends on which version you're buying.

My collector's edition cost me $42 including tax.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

I went with the cheaper normal edition. I already beat Assassin, and trust me that guy is a pain so far. I used Saber/Nero and I managed to lose once in the elimination bout. It does not help that to use Nero's NP you have to wait four turns and can use it once, while this guy can practically spam his NP. I was lucky but I took a precaution the second time and used Thrice setting Sun first with heals every turn. Also Nero's NP is beautiful.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *shakes head* I always need to stop and think - I hear "Nero," and my brain immediately goes to "Chaos," which is completely wrong.

But yes, this whole setting does sound interesting. So, as before, I'm curious to see where this goes . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Caesar technically means Number of the Beasts...

Anyways Nero has a pretty good character design/personality imo.