Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Discussion Thread - For all things relating to DC Comics

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not me.

I haven't heard many good things about it, unfortunately.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The gameplay looked less fancy and fluid than what I would've liked for that type of game. So I never bothered to look it up anywhere.

Blog Entries
    I play Arkham City, though.

And it is amazing.

ARKHAM CITY IS FUCK AWESOME BRO

Favorite hero: tch, are you dense? ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHING, IT'S THE GOD DAMN BATMAN.

Team: Haven't gotten into DC very much, so I'll just say Justice League.

Robin: Grayson, Nightwing is my bro.

What I want to see, uhh, don't know. Maybe an animated Final Crisis or one of the others?

*Grapnels away*

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I admit it has its flaws, but it's still a fun game when you run around kicking some ass, helping out other players and just interact with the heroes and villains inside the game. I rather like it and I wanted to see what was the hubbub about it. Granted, they still have to iron out some stuff yet, but at the very least I don't have as many problems accessing the servers as I have when I first downloaded it.

If anyone cares, look me up as Psybaster. I'm a hero with Mental powers, uses Energy bolts and I'm mentored by Batman. I'm lvl. 17 and I may create a villian pretty soon.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    DC needs a complete overhaul and regime change. If this country can give companies the same rights as humans, then something is seriously wrong in our nation's capital. Also, we should do away with all of the bipartisanship-oriented goals and instead focus on what really needs to be done. Change can't happen unless we actually strive for it.

......what? It's The DC Discussion Thread. It's a totally viable topic.

:3
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    lol

I love Fishie and IRUn.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    West Side Story?

Blog Entries
    You know what I think?

I think DC is pushing way too hard with this Justice League movie, and it's going to inevitably fail because they're only making it to match Avengers.

Y'know they SHOULD do?

They need to do a movie with the World's Finest (Batman and Superman) or of DC's Trinity (Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman).

And maybe do a film for each of them beforehand.

I think that would go a lot better than just trying to do what Avengers did.

Theo! >:V I noticed a lack of Stephine Brown in your OP...don't make me bring out the bear traps and anti-bear rifles!
    Last edited by Chojomeka; July 26th, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    I despise what "New 52" was, is, and will more than likely be.

But I liked DC comics a lot before that, though I mainly focused on The Bat family and Teen Titans/Young Justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    You know what I think?

I think DC is pushing way too hard with this Justice League movie, and it's going to inevitably fail because they're only making it to match Avengers.

Y'know they SHOULD do?

They need to do a movie with the World's Finest (Batman and Superman) or of DC's Trinity (Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman).

Agreed. Marvel had the Avengers planned out for ages while this new Justice League movie feels more rushed.

Or maybe I just don't like it because they're rebooting Batman again so soon.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What are some good comics to read for people who don't know the first thing about most superheroes (except Batman, I already have some Batman.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    You know what I think?

Y'know they SHOULD do?

To Marvel's credit, they did the build-up pretty well when it came to making the movies for each of the Avengers featured and made damn sure that we get to be familiar with the cinemaverse. We saw the movies and stuck rather well, there'll be Iron Man 3, Mark Ruffalo got a nice contract thanks to his performance, and who knows what else Marvel will cook up for the rest.

If they're gonna plan to make a JLA movie, I think they gotta do The Flash and Wonder Woman first. Green Arrow is also a good option. The other issue is, who's gonna be the next Batman?

@Koto: Try going for Supes, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Atom, and Green Arrow
    Last edited by Chaos Greyblood; July 26th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Banned
    All-Star Superman, and Red Son. What Ever Happened to the Man of Tommorrow? Is another good Superman Comic. Kingdom Come is good too, and it showcases all the classics like Batman and Wonderwoman except older and world weary. Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, is a good look into Luthor's psyche and how he sees Superman.
    Last edited by Fingolfin; July 26th, 2012 at 12:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    @Koto: Try going for Supes, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Atom, and Green Arrow
    That's a bit vague. "READ SOME COMICS WITH SUPERMAN IN THEM"

Quote Originally Posted by Ogodaka View Post
    All-Star Superman, and Red Son. What Ever Happened to the Man of Tommorrow? Is another good Superman Comic. Kingdom Come is good too, and it showcases all the classics like Batman and Wonderman except older and world weary. Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, is a good look into Luthor's psyche and how he sees Superman.
    Thanks bro

Just good comics in general? I haven't read to much myself but I enjoyed what little I read of Chew. There's always the obligatory Watchmen recommendation.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    That's a bit vague. "READ SOME COMICS WITH SUPERMAN IN THEM"

I just gave you the individual comics. If I wanted to say READ SOME COMICS WITH SUPERMAN IN THEM, I would have just said Justice League of America. What next, you want me to also tell you the different creative teams of each comic just so you can know who's who?

Remind me not to help you in the near future. >.>U

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Blog Entries
    Oh, I've read Watchmen.

I'm more asking about how you get into superheroes that have like 50 years' worth of comics written about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Greyblood View Post
    I just gave you the individual comics. If I wanted to say READ SOME COMICS WITH SUPERMAN IN THEM, I would have just said Justice League of America. What next, you want me to also tell you the different creative teams of each comic just so you can know who's who?

Remind me not to help you in the near future. >.>U
    But... there's like a billion Superman comics, so "read Superman" is really vague. Which ones are regarded as the best? Which ones will introduce the character in a way that will let me know what his actual deal is? Etc.

Like I'm not going to try to get into comics by reading them all in order starting from Action Comics #1.
    Last edited by Kotonoha; July 26th, 2012 at 12:12 PM.