Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23283132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Discussion Thread - For all things relating to DC Comics

Banned
    I didn't see Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.

The We Hate Movies emergency episode on it was good though.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    My cousin wanted to watch the movie so I went with him and ended up watching it a second time. I enjoyed it so much more this time around. So it's one of those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Cavill was OK IMO. There's only so much you can do when the script and the direction are conspiring against you.
    I liked Cavill in both movies. Though certainly he was given much better things to do in Man of Steel. In fact, one of the reasons I don't want this new Universe that DC/WB are trying to form to go to shit is the actors.

I can only hope some future movie will go on and explain in more detail how Batman became such a jackass.
    The obvious theory is that he became sick of this shit when the Joker killed Robin. Some people pointed out that he didn't brand Lex at the end of the movie and they say it shows a progression in Batfleck's character. It's also speculated that the first Batman solo movie will be the Under the Red Hood story, which is honestly the perfect setting to deal with this problem.

But yeah, nothing's set in stone.

It would also be nice if they clarified what Lex planned to do had the heroes failed to kill Doomsday. Could he control him or something? WHO KNOWS
    I actually don't think he could control Doomsday since the first thing he did was charge at Lex and Supes. I'm pretty sure Lex would be dead hadn't Superman blocked Dommsday's punch.
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    I didn't see Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.

The We Hate Movies emergency episode on it was good though.
    I'm only halfway through, but this podcast has been hilarious. So glad you mentioned it.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I'm only halfway through, but this podcast has been hilarious. So glad you mentioned it.
    WHM is good yeah. They're the only moviecast I really listen to though.

Well, besides Worst Idea of All Time (and Til Death Do Us Blart) but that's... not the same thing

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; April 3rd, 2016 at 12:57 AM.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant

Looks fun.

Blog Entries
    I'm loving all of the SS trailers.

DC has some of the most iconic characters of all comic book-dom on their side. They shouldn't be making movies as godawful as Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. I'm not expecting the next Casablanca, but they shouldn't be total garbage either.

Now I have to pin all of my hopes on Suicide Squad saving us from Snyder's godawful vision.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

A major problem is that DC thinks that the only way to counter Marvel is to be serious.

And with MoS and BvS, they took themselves TOO seriously.

Superheroes are inherently ridiculous. For gods sake, at least embrace that. Especially when your company has the campiest of them all under its belt.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; April 11th, 2016 at 03:50 PM.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I'm loving all of the SS trailers.

DC has some of the most iconic characters of all comic book-dom on their side. They shouldn't be making movies as godawful as Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. I'm not expecting the next Casablanca, but they shouldn't be total garbage either.

Now I have to pin all of my hopes on Suicide Squad saving us from Snyder's godawful vision.
    what does the fact they showed all the jokes and have to reshoot to add more tell you about the people behind that film

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    what does the fact they showed all the jokes and have to reshoot to add more tell you about the people behind that film
    I think that's more of wishful thinking than anything else. Nowadays reshoots are nothing uncommon and the argument was that all of the jokes were exhausted in the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer. So unless they managed all of this new footage in mere days, I'd say they had more jokes than they showed us.

Saying the reshoots are being done just to add more jokes is like saying Snyder will leave if BvS doesn't reach 1 billion. No, sorry, Snyder will stay regardless of the money BvS makes, Justice League Part 1 is about to start filming either way.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It looks actually fun now. Are we sure this is DC?

Still think it'll be worse than the Assault on Arkham movie though.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    TBH my main issues with the film were the script and the soundtrack.

And as for the former, I don't know how many of the issues were there in the original, and how many were caused by Snyder's execution.

DC direly needs a decent writer and/or a tight leash on Snyder.
    don't quote me on this

Read WW: Earth One

Loved how Morrison integrated Diana's Golden Age semi-bdsm roots, partly tongue-in-cheek but also partly played straight because this 'loving authority/submission' allows Diana to reach out to both the people of Man's world and also her semi-isolationist and sexist Amazon people.
    Spoiler:

Also loved how Beth Candy was handled, where she's pretty much a counterpoint to the Amazons' assertions that men ruin everything they touch. Because they live in a society where everyone has supermodel physique, they regard Beth as 'ruined' by Man when really she's very damn proud of how she looks.
    Spoiler:

Also a lot of their feelings towards men was mostly because of Hippolyta's refusal to see anything but the worst in man, only focusing on the wars and violence and not opening her mind. And thus fueling the Amazons' sense of superiority.

And Diana's journey and willingness to open herself causes to Amazons to be willing to open herself.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; April 13th, 2016 at 01:36 AM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Banned
    can someone please tell him to at least spoiler these giant, page breaking comic dumps since he can't see my posts

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey, TIM, could you spoil your images? They're kinda big and take up a ton of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Hey, TIM, could you spoil your images? They're kinda big and take up a ton of space.
    No prob.

Still, check out Wonder Woman: Earth One if you want a pretty decent interpretation of Wonder Woman which is closer to her roots than the more modern and popular hyper-masculine version that's commercialized.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; April 13th, 2016 at 01:37 AM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Banned
    thanks kirbs

Also forgot to add, be careful when looking for reviews on Wonder Woman: Earth One because you're going to see a LOT of biased negative ones.

Some of them decry it because none of the writing/artist team are women... or something.

Will admit though, the book is definitely too short. Would have enjoyed it being longer to let it breath, but I think these Original Graphic Novels only have a set number of pages.

Still what's remarkable is that it's enjoyable... and Morrison purposefully cut out any fighting in it. And by fighting, I mean the usual superhero violence fare.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; April 13th, 2016 at 01:44 AM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Another one of those feminism arguments, or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Banned
    There's something to be said for having women on the creative team currently handling your company's #1 female hero.