Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Discussion Thread - For all things relating to DC Comics

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    I never implied it wasn't.
    Fair enough - my apologies.

Yay problems!
    Well, that's half the fun - and this week looks like it'll be a doozy.

. . . Long-term, however, I foresee Laurel causing problems. Amusing, really, to see that the Lances appear to have switched perspectives on the "vigilante."

This may be just me, but I think I saw a glance or two of interest for Oliver in her eyes. I wonder if she likes challenges and people who can stand up to her.
    Maybe - but then again, maybe she just likes the challenge of crushing them.

P.S.: for a moment there, when they questioned him about who would fund him, I totally wanted him to say "Mr. Wayne, from Gotham City"
    Understandable - and maybe even doable, with the whole "Batman Incorporated" thing. But I was just as pleased with who did show up.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Professor Pyg is handled horribly by anyone not Grant Morrison. Who agrees?
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    ^ he's the guy with a pig mask that lobotomizes people, right? I don't know much about him (in fact, I don't know anything), but he looks like someone taken straight out of an horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Maybe - but then again, maybe she just likes the challenge of crushing them.
    Yeah.

Understandable - and maybe even doable, with the whole "Batman Incorporated" thing. But I was just as pleased with who did show up.
    Hey, Batman Inc.! That's something else they could adapt into a TV series.

Maybe. It would definitely need some "sharpening" as an idea. Because some members are just ridiculous.

And yeah, how could I forget about the new vigilante?! I can totally relate to Roy. Who the heck was she? Literally, my DC-fu fails me this time. Maybe Black Canary? Now that was one way to end the episode!

^ he's the guy with a pig mask that lobotomizes people, right? I don't know much about him (in fact, I don't know anything), but he looks like someone taken straight out of an horror movie.
    Lobotomizes, drugs, castrate, and turn people into zombie-like slaves. Oh, and he's supposed to be bat-shit crazy and spout nonsense all the time, including dancing to 'sexy disco hot' every time he gets really frustrated or angry (and the action itself makes Pyg redefine wrong)

Unfortunately, anybody who tries to use him makes him speak... Clearly and sanely. It seems only Grant Morrison can write his creation the way it should be.

And yes, Pyg definitely belongs in a horror movie
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    Professor Pyg is handled horribly by anyone not Grant Morrison. Who agrees?
    I think I've only read the character as handled by him - but seeing as I've read a grand total of two Morrison stories (one of them non-DC) that weren't utterly nonsensical crap, I can't see how anyone else could do worse.

Hey, Batman Inc.! That's something else they could adapt into a TV series.

Maybe. It would definitely need some "sharpening" as an idea. Because some members are just ridiculous.
    On the other hand, we could get Blackbat back - AKA Cassandra Cain/Batgirl III. I miss her.

And yeah, how could I forget about the new vigilante?! I can totally relate to Roy. Who the heck was she? Literally, my DC-fu fails me this time. Maybe Black Canary? Now that was one way to end the episode!
    The general look says Black Canary - but considering that Canary's civilian ID is "Dinah Lance," explaining it's going to be tricky. I've read some speculation that it's actually Sarah - but while that would be neat, again, it would require a lot of explaining.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

I think I've only read the character as handled by him - but seeing as I've read a grand total of two Morrison stories (one of them non-DC) that weren't utterly nonsensical crap, I can't see how anyone else could do worse.
    i dunno. I kinda liked his screwed up villains and the re-introduction of the Batmen of Nations/Club of Heroes.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Lobotomizes, drugs, castrate, and turn people into zombie-like slaves.
    Yeah, that.

Oh, and he's supposed to be bat-shit crazy
    That would have to be expected, considering what said above.

On the other hand, we could get Blackbat back - AKA Cassandra Cain/Batgirl III. I miss her.
    I miss her too (kind of). She was one of the characters I got most interested in not too long ago.

The general look says Black Canary - but considering that Canary's civilian ID is "Dinah Lance," explaining it's going to be tricky.
    Yeah, that's why I'm not sure.

I've read some speculation that it's actually Sarah - but while that would be neat, again, it would require a lot of explaining.
    A lot indeed. But hey, we've never seen her body, and maaaybe, if Oliver survived, she could have survived too?

Blog Entries
    i dunno. I kinda liked his screwed up villains and the re-introduction of the Batmen of Nations/Club of Heroes.
    I'm not saying he doesn't get interesting ideas to play with - but about halfway into them (if that long), they stop making any kind of sense. The only exceptions are The New 52's Action Comics (which I assume is because the editors were breathing down his neck on it), and Steed & Mrs. Peel, because The Avengers had an overtone of nonsense to it, anyway.

But All-Star Superman was like reading the bad old days of the Silver Age come back to life, and anything Batman that he touches . . . *shudder*

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

I'm not saying he doesn't get interesting ideas to play with - but about halfway into them (if that long), they stop making any kind of sense. The only exceptions are The New 52's Action Comics (which I assume is because the editors were breathing down his neck on it), and Steed & Mrs. Peel, because The Avengers had an overtone of nonsense to it, anyway.

But All-Star Superman was like reading the bad old days of the Silver Age come back to life, and anything Batman that he touches . . . *shudder*
    Well, Grant is a self-admitted fanboy of old-school comics. So he tries to inject their general 'feel' and ideas into new ones in order to dissect and study why they worked and how they can work in the new modern comics. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

And All-Star was supposed to be a direct continuation of the Silver Age Comics. And while the Club of Heroes re-intro arc was good, the general Black Hand arc was a bit of a mess. The Zur-En-Arrh split personality was a pretty interesting idea, but Grant kind of handled it sloppily. Though I loved how most of those wacky Silver-Age adventures were just the result of drugs and a dream experiment. Something Bruce would totally try to do in order test his limits.

I would also like to point out that Action Comic's first few issues are actually a direct callback to Superman's roots as an anti-corruption hero who scared the snot out of corrupt businessmen. And like his old days, while he was bulletproof, fast, could leap tall buildings, and had superstrength he did have his limits.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; October 14th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

That would have to be expected, considering what said above.
    You have no idea. Here's what he does for 'sexy disco hot'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m7mn1u1v1p1qz742do1_1280.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	9203

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Holy crap you're right. It is pretty cool.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Really cool!

They must now do something like this for Batman. It would be awesome to see his history summed up in one short and well-animated video.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wait for his 75 anniversary

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    They must now do something like this for Batman. It would be awesome to see his history summed up in one short and well-animated video.
    Oh yeah!

Blog Entries
    Wait for his 75 anniversary
    In other words, next year.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

In other words, next year.
    Sweet.

Also, watched the Superheroes special on PBS. Have to admit, even Adam West can sound badass when reading lines from TDKR.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Blog Entries
    Sweet.

Also, watched the Superheroes special on PBS. Have to admit, even Adam West can sound badass when reading lines from TDKR.
    Yeah, that one was fun to see - and while I suspect that old age is catching up to Julie Newmar (sadly), it affirms my opinion of Lou Ferrigno's awesomeness.

The funny thing is, I found "The Greatest American Hero: The Complete Series" not long afterwards, for cheap. So, of course I snapped it up.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Just finished tonight's "Arrow." I have two immediate reactions:

1) Stupid cliffhangers!

2) From her attitude all episode, I want to beat Laurel's face in, the sanctimonious little . . . *grrr*

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Excellent episode as always!

1) "My secret identity is a black driver". Lol. Oh, and come on Oliver, I bet that was on purpose, just to make Felicity fumble on the double meaning.

2) Is Wilson... jealous?

3) That was a good compromise Roy, but I'm not sure Thea would think the same way when she finds out.

4) This episode's villains also should get a mention.

5) Yeah, Dinah is taking this far too emotionally, to the point of being slightly unreasonable, but it's not like you can't understand her: some people sometimes react that way, and considering the vigilante's past experiences, of course she doesn't trust him.

6) AAAAAAAAHHHH SHIT that cliffhanger!!

Will our hero manage to escape Dinah's trap and redeem his reputation? Tune in next week, same Arrow-time, same Arrow-channel!