Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Discussion Thread - For all things relating to DC Comics

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Excellent episode as always!
    Oh, definitely that.

1) "My secret identity is a black driver". Lol. Oh, and come on Oliver, I bet that was on purpose, just to make Felicity fumble on the double meaning.
    That was cute.

2) Is Wilson... jealous?
    Maybe - but going by some of what he said last season (about Wintergreen, specifically), I'm betting he's waiting for it to bite him in the ass.

3) That was a good compromise Roy, but I'm not sure Thea would think the same way when she finds out.
    Oh hell no - she'll skin him alive.

4) This episode's villains also should get a mention.
    Very true - and they're both still available for comebacks. I'm looking forward to the rematch between Arrow and Spawn Bronze Tiger.

5) Yeah, Dinah is taking this far too emotionally, to the point of being slightly unreasonable, but it's not like you can't understand her: some people sometimes react that way, and considering the vigilante's past experiences, of course she doesn't trust him.
    Maybe - but I'm looking forward to seeing if it's her dad that tries to talk sense into her.

6) AAAAAAAAHHHH SHIT that cliffhanger!!
    *growls* Yeah.

Will our hero manage to escape Dinah's trap and redeem his reputation? Tune in next week, same Arrow-time, same Arrow-channel!
    And I'm old enough to get the reference - through reruns when I was a kid, true, but I get it.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    But it was a cool cliffhanger.

Oh, and I used to sincerely like '60 Batman reruns (actually, I still do). All those oblique scene shots... it looked like a dream. A really nice artistic touch.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    You do know there is a comic called Batman 66 right? Has the look and cheesiness of the Adam West show to boot.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    We can totally use this thread to talk about Vertigo, right? Because I likes me some Vertigo.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    We can totally use this thread to talk about Vertigo, right? Because I likes me some Vertigo.
    Vertigo's a part of DC, so I assume yes.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

For those unaware of the current going-ons in New 52, here's an old sample of the current things happening:

For those confused as to who this guy is, it is Lobo.

Spoiler:

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Ah New 52 Lobo, you give me such conflicted feelings.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    But it was a cool cliffhanger.
    True. I can't deny that - though I'm still ticked off.

Oh, and I used to sincerely like '60 Batman reruns (actually, I still do). All those oblique scene shots... it looked like a dream. A really nice artistic touch.
    And all the classic (and sadly deceased) actors - Burgess Meredith, Vincent Price, Carolyn Jones . . . *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    You do know there is a comic called Batman 66 right? Has the look and cheesiness of the Adam West show to boot.
    I did not.

I don't see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    For those unaware of the current going-ons in New 52, here's an old sample of the current things happening . . . For those confused as to who this guy is, it is Lobo.
    Ah New 52 Lobo, you give me such conflicted feelings.
    Never liked him much to begin with, so I can't say I'm pleased - but I don't really care much, either, so it doesn't really bother me.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    I find out just two days ago.

And yes, the new Lobo. I heard about it before.

Well, what can I say. Handsome Lobo. First of all, I never cared for the Lobo character. Second, the whole point behind the Lobo character is anyway outdated nowadays, while what's actual and modern are handsome, far-less gritty characters (?). Is this a good reason for such a change in design? Does it make sense? No. The writing of him must be excellence-level to work, methinks.

I have to admit that the design per se is a bit cool. But as Lobo? Eheheh no.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; October 17th, 2013 at 08:16 PM.

Plus, the new Lobo is still a badass.

Its just that people are put off by the radical change of history and design puts people off
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; October 17th, 2013 at 08:47 PM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    The new episode is out!

Man, that Black Canary! I really like how they portrayed her sonic abilities. No superpowers (which makes sense with he general setting of the show, and what we know about non-lethal weapons - although I doubt sonic weapons work like that)... which makes me wonder even more how will they handle Flash. In any case, it's a useful gadget if you want to incapacitate the guards without wounding them and making them dropping the weapons.

"Why did you help me?" I guess I would have also asked how did she know about his location... was she following him?

I knew Felicity would have volunteered to the mission the second she suggested the idea. Brave girl. Also, nice parallel with Shado (or rather, what Wilson said about Shado).

Oh shit Laurel, from he frying pan...

Wait, more secret stuff? Moira has even more skeletons in the closet? It's like a matrioska. And holy shit the death penalty? There are no idle, uninteresting subplots in this series!

"Meanwhile", Ollie&co. get captured... I wonder if they'll stay on the ship or they will be taken somewhere else.

Shit, that's not Oliver, BC! That's Merlyn! Ruuun-wait, no, it's not him...

"Ra's al-Ghul has ordered you to return".

HOLY SHIIIIT.

*freaks out at Ra's being mentioned*

(Once again, I think the villain of the week should get a mention. Charismatic, scary enough, he brushes off arrows like nothing and can fight back.)
    Last edited by Sherrinford; October 24th, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

"Ra's al-Ghul has ordered you to return".

HOLY SHIIIIT.

*freaks out at Ra's being mentioned*
    [rage]They said it wrong again! Don't just copy what the movie did, Arrow! It's pronounced raishe, damn it![/rage]

Ahem, yes. Just a small pet peeve of mine. You may now continue talking about how awesome the show is.

Who here's following Forever Evil?
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    [rage]They said it wrong again! Don't just copy what the movie did, Arrow! It's pronounced raishe, damn it![/rage]

Ahem, yes. Just a small pet peeve of mine. You may now continue talking about how awesome the show is.
    With pleasure. And to be fair (although I agree with your peeve), that pronunciation is probably because of the way the movie did it - so it would be immediately recognisable to those who'd seen the other.

Nice to see Laurel didn't take too long to get her head out of her ass - and, like I'd hoped, it was dear old Dad who talked her down (I love the irony). Black Canary is awesome, and I loved the little dig at her identity in the form of her hideaway (you all saw it too, right?).

I am astonished that they can manage to keep getting better with every episode, and I'm looking forward to the next one. Now, if only my local network wouldn't keep spamming as many commercials as it does (eight minutes of them, followed by four minutes of program, and then another four minutes of commercials - seriously?!) . . . Stupid simulcasting rules.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Black Canary is awesome, and I loved the little dig at her identity in the form of her hideaway (you all saw it too, right?).
    I only know that the clock tower is somewhat related to the Birds of Prey.

Now, if only my local network wouldn't keep spamming as many commercials as it does (eight minutes of them, followed by four minutes of program, and then another four minutes of commercials - seriously?!) . . . Stupid simulcasting rules.
    Lol.

Btw, in case you didn't know about it already, I present:

Blog Entries
    I only know that the clock tower is somewhat related to the Birds of Prey.
    Oracle's base of operations used to be the Gotham Clock Tower.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Now I'm curious, I wonder if we'll see someone else from the League of Shadows, actually being in the show rather than just a nameless guy who gets killed. Maybe Oliver-Arrow treads on Ras' feet, and the Demon Head starts sending assassins after him... after all, Bronze Tiger already made his appearance by himself, and from a quick updating research on DC wikia, Merlyn too is part of it (so he returns to Star City with his new friends, he finds an associated partner-protector-overseer in Ras al Ghul with whom planning his revenge?), along with Deathstroke-Slade Wilson. It's not like there aren't connection with the League at the moment.

Plus, characters like David Cain and Alpha would work well in Arrow's setting by default, considering they're more sober-dressed killers rather than deadly martial artists in spandex. Maybe we won't see Ras himself, but perhaps someone affiliated with him acting in his place (maybe one of his lesser heirs, trying to successfully accomplish an important mission to impress him and gain points)?

Blog Entries
    True. I'm holding out for Cain, now that you mentioned him - or Lady Shiva - because that means we might eventually see Cassandra.

. . . Yeah, I know, wrong setting - but I miss her, damn it!

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Doubtful, I don't think member of the Bat-family would explicitly show up. And btw, Cain's character works well even without her daughter. But who knows. Arrow is going to be the springboard for Flash, so why not for Cassandra? Maybe in the story she could appear as not-yet-Batgirl, still-in-training daughter of David (who then puts the child against Oliver as training)?

Blog Entries
    I could live with that.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette