Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: [Evangelion / Fate Zero] Solenoid Flux

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, you have to utilize what you've got. So far Kariya is doing a superb job if it.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

So will Shinji have some bonding time with Kariya about bad fathers? Will Shinji learn of the bugs that infest his Master's body? Also, my Evangelion info is a bit sketchy, but does anyone recall when the Evangelions were made? I'm pretty sure that NERV started making them post 2nd impact, but I wanna see if anyone knows.

Gehern, the company NERV starts as, isn't, as far as I know, even formed until after second impact. While Seele is around, and they know of what's to come, it's not until they wake Adam up the any research is done into making the evas.

Blog Entries
    I actually think that this story has a good chance if the fans of both franchises don't mind how you did this... and I mean the die-hard fans.

Yes,
    That little deception will prove most amusing.

more when you can

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

I'm sorry to say I've found I can't RP. I just can't trust myself to stick around long enough.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You have entrapped the Al, he wants more.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
    I do kind of wonder what would have happened if it was Kariya who had Assassin.
    He'd hope that one of them had the ability to kill people unconditionally, and then set him on Zouken...?

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    I actually think that this story has a good chance if the fans of both franchises don't mind how you did this... and I mean the die-hard fans.
    I'm intrigued. In particular, I do wonder how this is going to turn out. Are they going to win the Grail, and if so what will they do with it? Or will they find a different way to save Sakura...?

The duo fucking up big time and taking the whole city/prefecture/country/humankind out is still possible. Can't catch a break, orz.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    I wonder if Kariya can have Sakura sent to an all expense paid trip to a famous japanese theme park she might like for say a week or two.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    I wonder if Kariya can have Sakura sent to an all expense paid trip to a famous japanese theme park she might like for say a week or two.
    Zouken wouldn't allow it. IIRC he told Kariya he would continue training Sakura until he wins the war.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    >crawls around in sewers
    >Sends Lancelot into the middle of a three-Servant free-for-all
    >Takes on Tokiomi in a one-on-one battle

Yeah, Kariya's a planner, all right. He must be a genius to have come up with those oh-so-complex strategies!
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    The duo fucking up big time and taking the whole city/prefecture/country/humankind out is still possible. Can't catch a break, orz.
    Well, yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    Don't think Zouken would go for it, honestly. Which is rather odd, since he seemed quite OK with sending Shinji away, and he's a lot less important to Zouken than Sakura is....

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    >crawls around in sewers

Yeah, Kariya's a planner, all right. He must be a genius to have come up with those oh-so-complex strategies!
    That doesn't really prove that he can't plan, though, just that his anger tends to over-ride those plans.... And, honestly, given his lack of power, "crawl around in sewers" is actually a pretty damn good plan. It certainly beats "stand around in the open like a sitting duck waiting for Kiritsugu to shoot you", anyway....

I did find the "send innocent woman to fight Tokiomi" thing a bit odd, though, especially since he then expresses a distaste for exactly that strategy in the next chapter.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    There's a difference between anger and suicidal tendencies. Sending your insane Servant into the middle of a free-for-all between (at least) four other Servants is the mark of someone who's either arrogant as fuck, or insane.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Maybe summoning someone that was once everyone gave him acess to something called common sense?

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    it also helps that Shinji is able to think and does not add to Kariya's pain.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

>crawls around in sewers

It's specifically noted that Lancelot rejected the majority of the commands that Kariya submitted to him; half the time, he could only be sent in a general direction and used like a humanoid bomb. The only times Lancelot actually followed his order to the tee were when he got injured, or when he was using For Someone Else's Glory to disguise himself as Rider and kidnapped Irisviel. The latter may have been forced with a Command Seal, IIRC?

It's hard to make the case that he was a horrible planner when he simply couldn't control his Servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I did find the "send innocent woman to fight Tokiomi" thing a bit odd, though, especially since he then expresses a distaste for exactly that strategy in the next chapter.
    It's not precisely that Kariya has a distaste for that specific strategy, in my reasoning. More that he'd consigned himself to the inevitability that his hands would be stained in the course of the War -- but his Servant now tells him that he wants to avoid injuring innocents. Kariya response: "Okay. Better for me, anyways."
    Last edited by fallacies; November 10th, 2011 at 12:13 PM.

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh god.

Shinji is his own grandfather.
    Does that mean he'll defeat the flying brains? =3=

Quote Originally Posted by fallacies View Post
    I would argue that Lancelot prevented Kariya from really engaging in any planning.

Shinji, being a much weaker Servant, doesn't have Lancelot's maintenance cost, and isn't strong enough to really just be tossed at opponents like some sort of human bomb. He's literally less of a pain for Kariya to use, and far more obedient. This means that application of his skills in combat would yield or require a drastically different approach.

As far as Kariya's health goes -- when pain is a basic part of your life, you have to deal with it one way or another. All things considered, the novels don't have his every appearance marked by "oh god, I'm coughing up blood," and he was surprisingly coherent in monologue and dialogue.
    B-But ... Lancelot is delicious! ;-;

Although ... I am fond of Shinji ....

SO CONFLICTED

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fallacies View Post
    It's specifically noted that Lancelot rejected the majority of the commands that Kariya submitted to him; half the time, he could only be sent in a general direction and used like a humanoid bomb. The only times Lancelot actually followed his order to the tee were when he got injured, or when he was using For Someone Else's Glory to disguise himself as Rider and kidnapped Irisviel. The latter may have been forced with a Command Seal, IIRC?

It's hard to make the case that he was a horrible planner when he simply couldn't control his Servant.
    Except, y'know, in the very situation I just said. The guy sent his Servant into the middle of four others with unknown abilities and NPs, without a single shield or defence, knowing full well that he was a berserker, and then ran off to take on, face to face, a guy that'd been a magus about fifty times longer than he had, whilst the worms were sucking away his very life.

He was in unbearable pain even before he summoned his Servant too, he's far too composed.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I would call that a decent use of a humanoid bomb.
    When a couple of your primary opponents are conveniently gathered, and you have an excessively strong weapon that you can't finely control, why wouldn't you simply fire it into the crowd?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Because the crowd, in this case, is more like a set of bombs than innocent bystanders, each of which could potentially be more powerful than your own.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP