Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Thread: Catherine

ALL THAT MATTERS IS YOURSELF, RIGHT?

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    after beating it on easy I play on very easy. particularly to unlock babel and so on.

Can you unlock Babel on Easy/Very Easy? I thought it had to be on Normal or above. Well, at the very least, if you can't beat the game on Normal or Hard, Babel is going to be way too much for you. I can breeze through the game on Normal now and I still can't pass the first stage of Babel. I always mess up near the end.

Blog Entries
    select normal after enabling very easy. it counts as normal despite giving you the three boost jump items

I'm not really sure why you'd need to use very easy's jump items, they've already included a terribly broken feature in Catherine in all difficulties except for Hard. The undo button fixes almost every single mistake except for insta-death. I felt like I was cake walking until I hit the area with the ice blocks, and even then it only took about 10-15 retries to finish those stages because I got into a pattern where I often died at the SAME spot numerous times.

Be sure you're abusing the undo button for all its worth if you're having problems in difficulties below Hard. Besides being able to undo your random block blunders, it also gives you an incredible amount of leeway in timing. Is your enigma coin timer about to run out? Undo and the meter will reset back to full. Don't like the fact that the boss is about to use some sort of attack? Pull out a block and undo it, and the boss will reset to its default looming. Did that mystery block turn into a bomb or something equally disagreeable? Undo and try again, it's randomized after all. In areas that you need more thought on, and the floor dropping is starting to get close, try pulling a block out when you need to mess around a little, and then just undo when you get an idea on how to progress. You can give yourself a lot more time to think about things that way.

(The hardest thing for me in Hard was actually that I had to ween myself off the undo button and rely more on retries, except for the last few stages anyway... I hate those randomized obstacles so much.)

Blog Entries
    they've already included a terribly broken feature in Catherine in all difficulties except for Hard.
    undo doesn't work in normal, I tried.

I've beaten the game I'm just using the jump items to get gold so i can breeze through to the other endings and the normal mode to unlock babel.

Undo definitely does work in Normal...

Are you playing the original unpatched Japanese version or something?

Blog Entries
    Undo works in normal. If it didn't i might have considered playing in bitch mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    To European fans:

Koch Media (Deep Silver) is now taking pre-orders for Catherine! I think they have the Love is Over edition as well.

Release date is February 10, 2012 - in time for Valentine's Day!

/plug

Blog Entries
    just as a random note since this is at the top, tower of babel owns my ass ;_;

I golded everything in the main game and cant get past block 110 or so on the first stage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Play Co-op, there are less blocks to climb. And you can even play it alone, its easy.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    To European fans:

Koch Media (Deep Silver) is now taking pre-orders for Catherine! I think they have the Love is Over edition as well.

Release date is February 10, 2012 - in time for Valentine's Day!

/plug
    Had it pre-ordered on Amazon ages ago (Love is Over Edition at a good price before it was jacked up :3)
    Fic's
    Wishing Upon The Sun (Fate/Guyver) - Updated: 11/04/12
    Broken on the Rocks - Updated: 20/07/12
    Spoiler:

[11:37] <Wakarimaspin> Hahahaha, an NTR doujin by Tusia with three chapters. Chapter 1: Five and Leo share pure loving relationship, ends with Leo going on a trip and Five promising to wait for him
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 2: Exiku the temptress comes along and slowly erodes Five's yearning for Leo, and takes him in a moment of weakness. Ends with Leo returning to see what has happened
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 3: NTRNTRNTRNTRNTR

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    Release day today...I have been waiting...and what do I find this morning? An e-mail from Amazon saying that due to difficulty getting stock, my order won't be despatched until next week...

Why~? ;_;
    Fic's
    Spoiler:

[11:37] <Wakarimaspin> Hahahaha, an NTR doujin by Tusia with three chapters. Chapter 1: Five and Leo share pure loving relationship, ends with Leo going on a trip and Five promising to wait for him
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 2: Exiku the temptress comes along and slowly erodes Five's yearning for Leo, and takes him in a moment of weakness. Ends with Leo returning to see what has happened

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EXiku View Post
    Release day today...I have been waiting...and what do I find this morning? An e-mail from Amazon saying that due to difficulty getting stock, my order won't be despatched until next week...

Why~? ;_;

I would have shipped you an extra copy!

We actually cannibalized a few EU Catherine packages last week and handed out the goodies. I got a poster!

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries

I would have shipped you an extra copy!

We actually cannibalized a few EU Catherine packages last week and handed out the goodies. I got a poster!
    So it's because of you? D':

Thanks for the offer, but Amazon despatched my copy yesterday (did you even have extra copies of the CE left over?) but it still means I'm getting it after release day...ah well I'll still be playing it but later than I hoped

Congrats on the poster win! How did you decide who got what? Ben-to style I hope!
    Fic's
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Well, we had a box of them shipped over from the European publisher (Deep Silver) out of curiosity.

Then we opened them up and handed the stuff out to whoever wanted it. I actually wanted the T-shirt but I wasn't in the office that day, and when I arrived only posters were left :P

I have to say though, the packaging is... inferior. THAT IS NO PIZZA BOX!

Blog Entries
    Has anyone actually completed axis mundi solo? I wanted to do it the normal way instead of relying on co-op, but IT'S FUCKIIIIIIIIIIING IMPOSSIBLE

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    Well, we had a box of them shipped over from the European publisher (Deep Silver) out of curiosity.

Then we opened them up and handed the stuff out to whoever wanted it. I actually wanted the T-shirt but I wasn't in the office that day, and when I arrived only posters were left :P

I have to say though, the packaging is... inferior. THAT IS NO PIZZA BOX!
    *gasp*

They skimped on the quality of the Pizza Box?! I shall let you know what I think when I get it...didn't arrive today ;_; (and after I spent the weekend working hard on getting to Rank D1 on SCV...)

That is kinda mean though, splitting the spoils when the entire crew isn't there...
    Fic's
    Spoiler:

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, double post.

Would you look at that - it's Valentine's Day and I get Catherine in the post! Yay! So far...the outer packaging is sturdy enough, but I'll open it up when I'm home.
    Fic's
    Spoiler:

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    First: I'm aware of the rules on Necro...
    Second: I also know this is my third post in a row

Now.

I just finished my first playthrough of Catherine yesterday...When getting through Stages 9-5 and 9-6 over the weekend, I reached that point where having replayed those stages so much, I dreamed I was still playing the game and dying...It made getting the Gold so much more satisfying.

I learned that I suck at puzzle games when I'm low on sleep - I love puzzles. Embarrassingly, I learned the power of the 'Undo Button' quite late in the game, but it made replaying the puzzles much easier since I couldn't rely on my bro's input (he was able to help with the first three stages, then he had to go back to Uni...and two brains are totally better than one)

Having completed the game and answered questions as I would and unlocking the Lawful True ending, I find myself agreeing with my bro - he spoiler watched everything beforehand. The game could have done with being a bit longer and the story a bit more fleshed out; there were a lot of 'Wut-moments' (biggest being at the events leading up to Stage 9) and while I enjoyed the game, the story isn't that flexible to match your answers.

Also...a Gallery Mode would have been a nice addition, at least to replay your unlocked endings or unlock some bonus artwork...but then I love Gallery Mode...

As for Deep Silver's pre-order goodies - to repeat mewarmo990: THAT AIN'T NO PIZZA BOX! And the Coasters aren't even usable (not that I'd have thought of using them, but the set I got free with a Nintendo Magazine are too nice to use BUT can be used if so desired)
    Fic's
    Spoiler: