Page 103 of 372 FirstFirst ... 3539398101102103104105108113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 7424

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

Blog Entries
    Okay, so I decided to try my hand at writing a series of Grail Works stories, based around the idea I presented above to start it off. This time around, though, I decided to skip the use of Shirou as a character. There are other plans that I had developed, actually, at least in regards to who I'll be sending out at the moment.

First off, I'm still going to send out Rider, but she's not going to be out there alone. Instead of Shirou, mind you, you guys get a Self Insert I designed to act like he's from a relatively new video game that I'd probably make. Of course, after speaking with Kieran, I came to a conclusion on how to make him properly tick... but that's for later and not for now.

Second off, I decided to try bringing better horizons to Beast's Lair, at least with regards to settings in use for this particular series. The series ends with an all-original world that acts like a traditional Fantasy RPG, but is actually a sci-fi setting, if you look hard enough for it at least.

Well, I'll get to writing the prequel story for the series, where it introduces the settings that I'll be using throughout the series. I've got a couple stories on my plate as it is, but I'll squeeze this series in somewhere, alright?
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    OK - good luck.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I hope this actually teaches me how to handle writing a series of stories.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    Okay, actually, forget it. Rider's not going on this one, mainly because I didn't pay enough attention to see that she was already busy with another assignment, honestly. Therefore, I decided to nip this problem in the bud and send in Ciel, who I'll be giving justifiable reason for her to even go at all. If you all wish to know what sort of reason, then look for the story when I post it, because it'll be there in the prologue.

EDIT: By the way, I sorta missed this, but could someone possibly give me the layout of what Avalon is supposed to look like in this incarnation? I'm a bit busy writing the prologue, and I don't want to make a mess of the layout, but I am in absolute need of all the facts.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Xamusel; August 10th, 2012 at 05:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Okay, actually, forget it. Rider's not going on this one, mainly because I didn't pay enough attention to see that she was already busy with another assignment, honestly. Therefore, I decided to nip this problem in the bud and send in Ciel, who I'll be giving justifiable reason for her to even go at all. If you all wish to know what sort of reason, then look for the story when I post it, because it'll be there in the prologue.
    That's good, since she's not actually a part of the Works yet.

EDIT: By the way, I sorta missed this, but could someone possibly give me the layout of what Avalon is supposed to look like in this incarnation? I'm a bit busy writing the prologue, and I don't want to make a mess of the layout, but I am in absolute need of all the facts.

Thank you.
    From the inside, it's the Tohno and Emiya homesteads (and surrounding landscape) encircled in a golden globe of glittering motes - like Avalon, when activated. Anyone outside Avalon will just see whatever house they happen to be at - the Works is basically operating in a higher dimension. Kind of like the last scenes in the "Silent Hill" film.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up, Kieran.

Also, a plan that I have in mind is to put my SI on the missions with at least one Nasuverse resident at a time, though it'll take a lot of planning to pull this off. Hope that he survives the missions.

Powered by infinite rage Comartemis's Avatar
    Just checking in for a minute. The index is all up-to-date unless you lot have been hiding updates from me. I'm a long ways behind on my reading so forgive me if this is a stupid question but does GW have a designated tech expert yet, someone who can function in sci-fi settings?

Blog Entries
    You guys want me to make one?

I have a plan for Book 2 of the Suzaku's Plight series that requires a tech expert, mainly crossing this over with Star Wars, as in the original trilogy.

Sound fun?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
    Just checking in for a minute. The index is all up-to-date unless you lot have been hiding updates from me. I'm a long ways behind on my reading so forgive me if this is a stupid question but does GW have a designated tech expert yet, someone who can function in sci-fi settings?
    Vigilantia is working on one (an engineer named McNab, paired in snippets with Rin as they explore the world of Dead Space. He's also prone to bugging the office, and recording amusing moments.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    My offer to make one is still open, guys, if you'll let me.

Or, at the very least, import him in.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Vigilantia is working on one (an engineer named McNab, paired in snippets with Rin as they explore the world of Dead Space. He's also prone to bugging the office, and recording amusing moments.
    "You have no evidence to prove that allegation nor any witnesses that are willing to come forth" :3c

@ Xamusel: If you want to bring in another Tech expert then go right ahead, don't let mine stop you :P McNab deals more in low/mid/high level tech issues ("roughly." There are exceptions) but if you want to bring in the Uber "hacker" character then please do so. Just make sure its a character who is supposed to be a tech expert, and not one you made as a tech expert to "fit in" to Grailworks.

Blog Entries
    Okay, wanted to make sure.

First off, though, he's a guy that knows how to build a machine that erased him from existence back home. Not sure how much of a Hacker he is, but he should be able to know how any sort of computer works (given his godlike intelligence).

You'll find out more when I post the first part of my Grail Works series on the site.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Godlike intelligence?

Okay, I'm the last person who should be complaining about godlike attributes, considering I'm importing Ashley Riot post Vagrant Story, but anyone with godlike anything sets off big warning bells. Especially intelligence, because it's practically carte-blanche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Okay, let me just say that it's a requirement to use the tech he's more familiar with, which is Bio-Magitek (essentially).

Oh, he's not going to be a person that can get away with anything, as he can't even speak English yet! He only knows Latin (sad fact, that, but it's the main language in his world).

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Okay, wanted to make sure.

First off, though, he's a guy that knows how to build a machine that erased him from existence back home. Not sure how much of a Hacker he is, but he should be able to know how any sort of computer works (given his godlike intelligence).

You'll find out more when I post the first part of my Grail Works series on the site.
    a) That seems like a rather... permanent level of death one could experience. Being erased from experience is really FINAL in most universes. Ignoring that for the moment, being able to build a use a machine that can erase mortal beings does seem a wee bit hinky to me.

b) I laugh at the thought of someone innately knowing how all computers work. People have problems just learning C, Java and Objective-C, let alone learning a completely alien networking language/computer language from the future. Still I'm fine with that as long as its not Mary-sue levels.

c)Godlike implies Braniac levels of power. You sure thats what you meant?

Blog Entries
    Let me rephrase that, then.

1) He doesn't know how he survived, but he still wants to continue the goal that he set himself to do, except that he doesn't have the ability to enter his home world any longer.

2) I never meant innately. I actually meant that he has a rather basic idea how they work.

3) No Brainiac levels of power, that wasn't what I meant, it's just that he is a genius beyond compare (at least to most).

Blog Entries

A potential origin for the Saber clone . . .

Ilya checked on the status of every agent within the Works - and for a change, the majority of them were in residence. More importantly, said majority included all their "heavy hitters" - Arcueid, Shiki, Shirou, Saber, and so on. This meant that, if there was ever a good time to risk this, given the potential consequences, it was now. Having decided that, the Grail spirit gathered all the group in the dining room, informed them of what she planned to do, and made her way to the armoury/treasure room, where the stasis capsule was stored. Taking a moment to gaze furtively at its occupant, as though she could divine the sleeper's origins and intent by sheer will, Ilya sighed, and began the waking cycle.

While she could no longer remember which universe the capsule had come from - they scavenged from so many realities, after all - its technology was remarkably efficient. In less than three minutes, the capsule was open, hissing as it released pressure from within, and the elder-looking version of Saber that had slept within was blinking herself awake.

". . . Wow - I must have been really out of it," she murmured, taking in her surroundings.

Now it was Ilya's turn to blink, not having expected such a calm response. Truthfully, she'd hoped for a "Saber Lily" personality, and feared a "Saber Alter" - but this seemed almost more like Rikku in her expressions. Had a little of the Al Bhed princess leaked in when the two halves of Saber's reincarnated self merged?

". . . We thought it better to be safe than sorry," the Grail spirit said at last.

The blonde nodded, with an indulgent smile. "Sure. Mind getting me a robe? I don't feel like flashing everybody on my way to - " A sharp growl issued from her stomach, causing her to change whatever she might have said to "the kitchen."

That was definitely a Saber reaction. Was it possible that this girl was Saber reincarnated as a modern teenager? Ilya knew the spell was meant to bury the reincarnated soul's original personality, somewhat - the former king had only held on to her original identity because Ilya herself had meddled with the magic to let her do so. But if so, why did she look like Saber?

A quick conjuration summoned a robe from elsewhere in the building - one of Rin's, as she was closest to the girl in build. The rich red colour was a bit off-putting, with her complexion, and the scowl that lit briefly on her face told Ilya that the girl knew it, and cared about it, but she literally shrugged it off with a twitch of her shoulders and a muttered, "When in Rome . . ."

"You'd prefer a different colour?" Ilya asked, mock-innocently. Like black, maybe?

The look that she got in response indicated that the girl thought Ilya had just said something unbelievably stupid - and Ilya frowned inwardly. There was something odd about her appearance - something about her eyes, but the way her bangs fell over them kept the Grail spirit from getting a clear look at her face.

Another growl, fiercer this time, prompted the girl to groan "Food" in a zombie-like fashion, and she made her way out of the room, heading unerringly for the kitchen - which indicated that she definitely had at least some of Saber's memories.

Ilya blinked out of the armoury, and rematerialised herself in the dining room, knowing that the girl's route would inevitably bring her through here to get to the kitchen.

"Whoever she is, she's got Saber's appetite, at least," she told the others, "so she's on her way here - get ready . . . "

A few minutes later, the girl appeared in the doorway - and stopped dead. "What the - ?!"

Her eyes swept the room in surprise - no, it was almost panic - before locking on one particular point, and widening so fully they seemed in danger of popping from their sockets. Ilya had just enough time to track her line of sight to where Shirou, Shiki and Kurai were positioned, before the girl's next words stopped her cold.

"DAD?! What happened to you?!"

Writer's Notes: Cue chaos . . .
    Last edited by Kieran; August 11th, 2012 at 07:49 AM.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    After several minutes hours of panic, insults, accusations and various implements of pain and lethality being thrown around, it turns out that Kurai was the father.

Panic resumes as everyone tries to find out who the mother was (is?).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Incarnite Azurnum View Post
    After several minutes hours of panic, insults, accusations and various implements of pain and lethality being thrown around, it turns out that Kurai was the father.

Panic resumes as everyone tries to find out who the mother was (is?).
    I'd argue that that was fairly obvious - however, it is followed by Arturia's demand for an immediate explanation as to why she'd ever have slept with him - she might've forgiven him for turning her into a dragon (not that he remembers doing it), but that's a long way from becoming his lover.

(Meanwhile, Ilya is just as eager for the explanation - if she can replicate the events, that's one less competitor for Shirou! *brief happy dance*)

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    Oh dear, Saber clone is going to call Arturia mother isn't she?

Less competition for Ilya!

Wait no, bad Ilya! Don't experiment around with magic unless you've got max ranks in knowledge Arcana and Spellcraft.

Especially when you can warp reality (even if on a small scale).
    Last edited by Incarnite Azurnum; August 11th, 2012 at 09:09 AM.