Page 318 of 318 FirstFirst ... 218268308313316317318
Results 6,341 to 6,349 of 6349

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    As I said, it was a whim. I'd been reading a number of Kantai Collection fanfic crossovers that were intriguingly written, so I thought it might make for an interesting empowerment; depending on how I did it, it had a number of possibilities. And since I've actually managed to acquire Fate/Grand Order: First Order (by paying $2 a minute ), I thought it might be a decent option for reintegrating with the TYPE-MOONiverse.

. . . Of course, I've recently learned that the company behind Kantai Collection also has a gender-flipped series with sword boys - and a storyline suspiciously similar to F/GO . . .
    Paying $2 a minute? What horrible data plan are YOU on? Besides, I don't think you have to. Can't you just play when connected to wifi? Also, what do you mean by "reintegrating with the TMverse?
    Last edited by Vigilantia; June 4th, 2018 at 02:15 AM.

Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Paying $2 a minute? What horrible data plan are YOU on? Besides, I don't think you have to. Can't you just play when connected to wifi?
    *Chuckles* I bought the OAV - I don't own a phone.

Also, what do you mean by "reintegrating with the TMverse?
    Well, since things in TYPE-MOON have expanded quite a bit since I started working on the Works a decade or so ago, and my last story was based in Final Fantasy X, I thought a more canon-based tale to take advantage of that would be nice. The fact that Chaldea, to an extent, mirrors the Works' mission statement helps, too.

. . . Besides, Kurai still needs a Nasuverse character to partner with. Nero is still my favourite choice (others include - in no particular order - Miyu Edelfelt, Anastasia Romanov, Mashu Kyrielight and Jeanne d'Arc), but we've already done a Fate/Extra story; while it might be interesting to see how the events of Fate/Extella would play out in that universe, I dislike stealing somebody else's work. Ergo, the setting of Grand Order is the easiest explanation as to how they come into contact.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    *Chuckles* I bought the OAV - I don't own a phone.

Well, since things in TYPE-MOON have expanded quite a bit since I started working on the Works a decade or so ago, and my last story was based in Final Fantasy X, I thought a more canon-based tale to take advantage of that would be nice. The fact that Chaldea, to an extent, mirrors the Works' mission statement helps, too.

. . . Besides, Kurai still needs a Nasuverse character to partner with. Nero is still my favourite choice (others include - in no particular order - Miyu Edelfelt, Anastasia Romanov, Mashu Kyrielight and Jeanne d'Arc), but we've already done a Fate/Extra story; while it might be interesting to see how the events of Fate/Extella would play out in that universe, I dislike stealing somebody else's work. Ergo, the setting of Grand Order is the easiest explanation as to how they come into contact.
    I presume you're not doing Extella with Altera's route? If I recall correctly it gets weird... really weird.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, more than a little bit . . . Mind you, that scenario would be ideal as a sequel to "Melancholy of One": after all, Shiki technically "won" the Grail War, but didn't fulfill the Moon Cell's purpose for holding it. Since that's the case, either it needs to hold another one, to find a "ruler," or Kurai gets latched onto as a stand-in.

. . . Meaning, basically, that by the Moon Cell's logic, since he comes from the same place as Shiki, obviously he holds the same potential for solving the problem of the Umbral Star . . . And that Servant was that red one, right . . . ?

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Which reminds me, Kieran, did you ever figure out what your character was going to be? I think we've got about 8 archetypes now ranging from a ship to Kamen rider.

Blog Entries
    Actually, Vigilantia, Kamen Rider's my idea.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    Not quite what he meant; I was, at one point, playing around with a "Kaleid Liner" idea - the shonen counterpoint to "Prisma Illya's" magical girls. I was going to have him go after the "Forbidden" Class Cards: Avenger, Ruler, Shielder, Alter Ego, Moon Cancer, Beast and Foreigner . . .

. . . And no, I'm still trying to sort that out. Part of it, I'm hoping, can be resolved if and when I can decide on a partner; that way, I can pick something appropriate to match. Certain combinations, for example, don't work - if I went the simplest route and allowed Kurai to keep his druid powers, he'd likely clash with Nero, as she ordered them exterminated during her reign (historically, at least). On the other hand, if I went back to the Lunar Exalt idea, she'd make an ideal Solar . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    ...okay, point. I should've remembered that, come to think of it.

Also, to be sure, I plan to really rework the system I used to randomize my character generation system for this setting. I'm going to be posting it again here either while I'm on vacation (starting tomorrow) or after I get back (starting the day after I get back [I get back on the 13th]).

Hopefully, things will look up for me to do this while I'm on vacation, so... I'll see if I can't keep you posted.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    ...so much for that. I couldn't get my planned idea to come to fruition just yet. (/)_-) Oh well.

Now, I'm currently returning home from vacation, which will mean that I can have more internet time on my end soon enough. I'll be getting in late, mind, so don't expect me until tomorrow.