Page 321 of 371 FirstFirst ... 221271311316319320321322323326331 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 7408

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ugh. It's late. But I finally finished the second part of Godfall after rewriting huge chunks of it to read better.

(For those of you that are reading this, Erik has three unique skills, one of which is coming into play here, Mechanical Panoply. If he has the ingredients for it, he can choose to, at legend, construct a machine without needing to build it with his own two hands. Rather, it forms to his will.)

Godfall, Part 2

When we arrive, after all is said and done, I just breathe even as I settle down at a seat at the table. Tamamo quietly sets herself beside me, with Nestor and Fenris across from me, as we talk over options. "As we discovered earlier, let's go over the facts. Wolf Home's half destroyed. More specifically, whatever the hell that was that touched Tamamo made it so her domain never existed, and thus the resources inside never existed. That deprives us of most of the food, and water we'd saved up. Worse than that, however, is that Tamamo seems to be brought down to a low enough legend that, even though she knows the skills, she can't actually use them anymore. The same seems to be for Fenris. As much as I hate to admit it... I look to be the only full God we have left. Let's talk options, shall we?"

Tamamo speaks up, even as Fenris and Nestor look pensive. "Could we pull a Macross, perhaps? You've still got your full abilities, and we know that the Concept to Execution skill, combined with Ultimate Intelligence, can work miracles..."

I study her, while thinking, then sigh. "Well, if we can utilize something real, perhaps. But I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to figure out faster than light travel in 5 months dear. We have the upgrades to the Wolfen, to make it go super far with Rainbow Bridge, but it relies on people's faith to run. We just don't know how far we can go before issues crop up. Plus, we don't have any real renewable plants or anything else that can produce enough to ignore the need for new materials. Eventually something's going to break down that's important SOMEWHERE. I can create metals, yes. Food... not so much. That was always your expertise, not mine. As it is, we've got the Wolfen's stocks, the spare hydroponics in the Wolf Home proper, outside our domains and in the shell layers, as well as machinery to grow more. But since this is space, it might have issues. Or even one single light bulb going out permanently..."

"What about a superlaser? You did well enough with the Wolfen's original main cannon prior to the upgrades we recently did, didn't you? Maybe we could make a big enough one to carve into that thing, Sir?" Nestor studies me, as he thinks.

I can't help but think about it. It COULD be an option. But the power requirements alone... I sigh, then just speak up. "It's definitely a possibility. I just don't think I can scale up one big enough that won't blow the Wolfen's new Fusion generator as a side effect. And considering it's engineered to hell and back to survive even being shot full of holes, and still work, that's really saying everything, isn't it?"

He nods, then looks down, thinking, even as Tamamo thinks. "Did any of the cultivation flowers I've been working on survive in the labs, Erik? We might be able to use the ones that I've been creating based off the Flower of Life out of the Macross and Robotech series, to make a power source... It's just hard to say how good it would be. We could try to do that, and revamp the Wolfen to look less than a Starcraft Battlecruiser and more like an SDF1..."

"That... could work as a power source, but we'd have to rebuild a lot of other systems to take into account the new power source. I might build a prototype mech that runs on it, though, dear. If it works well, we can revisit it in a month. Sound good?" My wife smiles at me, and nods, then returns to looking at the table.

"Hey, boss? Since no one's ever going to spy on us again... what the hell is up with this table, anyways? It's green, and glows." Nestor speaks up, while sipping out of his flask, studying the table that's been the centerpiece to our meetings for a while now.

"It's a legend battery. Holds up to double the amount I normally can hold." I chuckle at his blink of surprise. "It's meant to let us make massive jumps with Tamamo's former ability to form a Rainbow Bridge for teleportation. But again, it only holds roughly double what I can hold."

He pauses, then nods. "Pretty much a rechargeable battery, but you're not sure it's enough to handle the strain?"

"Yeah." My reply has him sigh, and rub his forehead.

Fenris tilts his head, then smirks. "Then we run a different way."

I blink, and turn to face him, studying him. "How so?"

"Your master was able to forge a pair of wings that not only let him fly, but let him escape into Asgard and other Otherworlds, as well as Terra Incognita. You know how he did it. You've even built a portal from Svartalfheim, to Germany, one that let the Wolfen through, once upon a time. Build upon it. We don't have an otherworld we can access, but you should be able to build a portal to something, or somewhere else. And anywhere else is better than the touch of that... thing."

Settling back, I think it over, leaning into my wife's embrace as I work out what he's saying. "To another universe, perhaps? Or perhaps another timeline?"

He nods, before I slowly nod as well.

"It's better than being chased down. Let's do that. Tamamo, you're on duty for checking out those flowers, followed by getting plant life outside that was naturally grown, to Wolf Home and the Wolfen. If they've survived, we can see about building a Veritech fighter or something that can take advantage of them as a secondary fuel source. If not... well, once you're back up to snuff eventually, we can work something out. Nestor, you're on ensuring everyone's getting fed on the galley, and that the ship holds up. Anything starts breaking while we're on, talk with me. We also need to get the Wolf's Wrath on board, as well as the reproductions of the machines I rode to battle. Fenris, if you don't mind, could you help Tamamo by marking out what plants weren't made by her divinity? Once the power she used to make them this year runs out, we're going to get low on air, and fast."

She nods, before I get up

5 months later.

My wife desperately cooks when she's not sleeping or training, while trying to get something, ANYTHING to work well again. Fenris watches through the telescopes at what's happening to Earth, when he's not hunting down the last of the plants along with Tamamo. Nestor's keeping the Wolfen's upgrades going. Me? I work. Even if they're not Gods anymore, stripped of the bulk of their legend and abilities, I still am. The flowers she asked me to test don't seem to work as a power source, sadly enough. I'll have to figure out some other power source to get that new Veritech Fighter she wanted me to build working. Aside from that though, everything is focused on one thing. Innovation, and building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYm8mKbGRz0 (Chosen One ~ Valley of Wolves)

I have not laid idle, this entire time. Even before this apocalypse I have not laid idle. It took 5 years to plan out how to get here, and I've been working here for the 25 years since I married my wife. But now, I work like a madman. The sheer range of technological innovations I've made, to ensure we'll survive this has entirely rebuilt everything we have left. Multitasking every day to constantly work on concepts and ideas, asking the 230 people we have left on Mars to pray to me daily to regenerate my legend, and the ability to help them, I've made far greater pushes than ever before. Especially when I utilize Concept to Execution, in order to literally pull a MacGuyver 12 times simultaniously in developing new technologies and equipment.

Mechanical Panoply works as great as ever, letting me make massive machines with ease as long as I have the materials and metals for it. Between that and the Legion of Coal having grown in the past few months, we have a million workers constantly building and working. A legion of machines, co-designed by Tamamo and her understanding of the Nature of Life. Even without her abilities boosted to Epic levels, she still helps me.

Deep in my heart however, I'm not sure it's enough. I learned a lot from Wayland Smith, when I studied under him, the one who forged Gram. He was able to make wonderous things, enchanted even better than I can, through smithing alone. I'm not quite that good. Close, perhaps. Good enough to develop relics as a demigod, instead of a God? Yes. Good enough to make something with the skill of a hammer alone? Not quite.

Still, I have no choice on this. That entropic dome scares me, and it feels wrong. Like time is almost being reversed in it's depths. I need to find a way to escape. To save my people, what's left of us. 280 out of the 3,000 we brought with... it's not much. Mostly scientists and engineers, that work for me.

The losses are too high for us to choose any other option, and with the rate of the growth of the entropic dome, I don't have time to try and attempt any other route. I can't make machines that alter the air fast enough to counter what will happen, when the plants Tamamo made will vanish, nor can I build rockets that can move us faster than that dome is spreading through the solar system.

With time, I work out a possible coating of metal to defend my people against the rigors of dimensional transit between... timelines? Or possibly universes? It's hard to tell, even with my insanely skilled mind. Ultimate Intelligence, Uller called it. He looked disappointed in me, that it wasn't Perception, or Dexterity.

My people have started calling me the Chosen One that can save them, and I hope to rise to the task, even as I frantically work as much as I can, sleeping the bare minimum, while eating only what my wife makes for me.

Day after day, week after week, month after month. As the entropic dome comes closer and closer, I struggle to work. To figure out the proper way to save them from it, and here.

Until I figure out a safe way, one day, the dome now visible in the night sky, taking up large chunks of it. Like it's reaching out towards Mars, like a giant hand reaching out to swat an annoying fly.

It's risky, and we don't have much time left to try it. I'm not even perfectly sure how it will WORK, but I build anyways. Ferociously, working with my Legion of Coal. So I put my entire body to it.

I sleep less. I eat less. I just work. Hour after hour, spell after spell, forming and crafting a massive spherical portal, worthy of Wayland and the things I learned from him. Moment after moment, of working, measuring, calculating, verifying, triple checking every inch of the massive ring I've forged. Mechanical Panoply can work after I've done ensuring everything is perfectly precise, even more accurate than a C&C machine could ever make. Down to the molecular scale.

Even as I set up the Legion of Coal, for what I can take with, to be on the Wolfen and Wolf Home. Even as they mine for me, the ring takes shape. Even as they build war machines for me, to replace the ones we've lost, the full amount the Wolfen can carry.

154 war machines. 50,000 of the Legion of Coal for the Wolfen. Another 800,000 can be carried on Wolf Home. Leaving 150,000 behind, or melted down for parts.

We can't trust the Domain in Wolf Home to stay stable once we go through, or else I'd have more go with, if this works.

Even as I work, my army moves, working with me, preparing as many plants to be moved onto Wolfhome as possible, as well as on the Wolfen. There are air purification systems, certainly. But we need the people fed, and happy, too. Myself included, if mostly due to me loving my wife's cooking.

Then one day, when the dome of entropic energy is close enough that we can see it encompassing the entire night sky, it's done. In the distance, we can see tendrils of it reaching out towards the Sun, as well. Like it's getting ready to encompass and eat the Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR8K5YgO9Iw
    (Ship of Regret and Sleep ~ Xenogears Myth The Orchestral Album)

"Attach the towing tether from the Wolfen to Wolf Home! We're getting ready to turn this on, then leave, folks!" Nestor's shout reaches to my legion, before they move in sync to help.

I pause, then look to them personally, before walking to the ones that are close. "I'm sorry, to all of you. I wish I could take you all with. But some of you, my Legion of Coal... my creations... my children. I must ask to stay behind and destroy this gateway. One day after we go in, destroy it, so it's open long enough. Ensure that that THING there the Titans made cannot follow us. We cannot let them have the technology for this. We cannot let them have the technology to make all of YOU. I'm sorry to ask this of you, any of you, though..." I choke up, more than a bit, then bow my head.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm not a better father, and creator to you all. I wanted to bring you into the world to make wonders. Not... see the end like this. If I was better..."

Tamamo's arms hug me from behind, as I just close my eyes, and lean against her, shaking. I'm so tired.

"We're happy to do it, father. We will live on in your name, to stop that thing from killing you, then we will die so they cannot take us as well." I look up, in stunned silence. They... can talk? They were able to talk this entire time?!

"You can..." One at the forefront nods, before moving to hug me. I just hug them, one by one, shaking and crying. Each and every one of them that are close, I give a hug to. As a father to his children.

"I wanted life to be better for you all. Not this. Can you back your minds up to the Wolfen, or something?"

They think, for a long moment, before shaking their heads, silently. "We cannot. Whatever lets us live... it cannot be transmitted. I'm sorry, father. We will stand up and help you escape, so our siblings will live on with you, in your care, for those of us that choose to stay."

I can't melt them down, can I? FUCK! Fuck, I can't do anything right, can I?!

"This is what they have chosen, Erik. You must listen to your children's wishes, lest you throw our lives away." Fenris' words reach me from behind. "Rest your exhausted body, then we go in the morning. We still have a good distance to go before it can reach us."

Weakly, I nod, pulling myself up to go to bed. "For what it's worth, my creations... I'm so sorry..."

"It's fine, father. We understand the nature of sacrificing the few to save the many. The Dao of Spock, so to speak." They nod at me, as I move.

Through the night, I wake up repeatedly even though I'm exhausted. Nightmares, perhaps? Fear for my children, my CREATIONS, who I never knew could talk? I'm not sure anymore. But eventually, I sleep.

In my sleep, I D̷̛̰̅̓͒̓̏̓͐̏̄̊̈́͂͛̽̏̋͛̈́̓̀͊̄̐̀̾r̷̆̽̾́̎̍̆̉͑͒̀́̽͒̒̂̿̚͠ ̧̨̡̨̧̨̳̗̰͉̻͖͔̬͓͔̭͓̬̫͉͈͚̥̗̪̗̲̠̮͈̤͍͚̱̬͉̥̗̏̿̇̕e̵̿̈̂̀̚ ̢̢̢̨̛͓͇̤̩͎͇̭̤͖̰̹̯͍̣̼̞̫͖̟͍̮͔̻̤̠̏̑́̉̅̔͑͑͗̂̌̋̀͛͘͠ä̵́͝ ̡̢̨̖̪̜̦͈̦͚̖̮͈̤̞͇̼̲̙͖͉͇̺̥̭̱͚̫͔̻̤͈̩͌̍̐̑̃͒̿̀̀͠ͅm̷̌̅̅͗ ̢̧̧̧͍͙̜̝͚͖͕̩͙̪͎͕̮̙̘̥͇̥̳̙͕̜̐̃͗̌̊̌̇̽̀̔̉̎̅̍̉̄́͌̚̚͘͝͝ͅ ̻̳͕͕̹...

AN: If anyone spots any grammar mistakes, or anything else, feel free to point this out to me.
    Last edited by RanmaBushiko; March 19th, 2019 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Stop being shrunk down, Zalgo text! You're supposed to be eldritch! Eldritch, I say!
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

I write like Douglas Adams. Proof: http://iwl.me/s/696f37bd

Blog Entries
    ...okay, I'm confused. What just happened here, RanmaBushiko?
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I really, REALLY hate when insomnia happens. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    ...okay, I'm confused. What just happened here, RanmaBushiko?
    To be honest? A bit of arguing between the characters being inserted, and character fleshing out, since most people haven't likely PLAYED Scion, to realize all the nuances for it. As for what's happening specifically...

Titans, in Scion, are eldritch beings that are effectively part of a "Greater Titan", which is a LITERAL world unto itself. About the size of the earth, inside one. The last time one died, it caused the Great Flood. As in Noah's. For the one that's in biblical history. And that was the Frost Titan being offed. Because of that, the Gods were too paranoid of what would happen if another died. Would the sun go out? Would the stars disappear? Would the Earth simply collapse? Would life stop growing on the planet entirely? They didn't know. So rather than killing them, they started sealing the greatest of the underlings for the Greater Titans, such as Surtr away, instead, in a way that sealed the Greater Titans with them. Except, eventually they broke free, and ran rampant in the modern era. Moooostly because of Erik altering history, so Ragnarok wouldn't happen, but that's neither here nor there. Though, as they are now, they'll gladly blame him, because he's the only one left they can possibly REACH.

What you're seeing here, is this, roughly, though more's coming in the final update:

Point 1. The Titans went to break Surtr out of jail, where Surtr had his ass sealed for 30 years. When they got in there, something happened, and something went horribly, terribly wrong, fusing them, and the Greater Titans they were linked to, into some sort of cthulhu-esque elder god monstrosity. POORLY SO. Which is constantly looking at Erik and going: "Oh, hey! The ones that got away! I'd better fix that, so I can fix myself and figure out how to start history over again, this time without all those pesky gods I ate!" for REASONS. Including Point 2.

Point 2. Erik has something that the Titans would have gone to war with him specifically over, if they realized what he had. IT KNOWS WHAT HE HAS, even if he doesn't know exactly how useful it is to it.

Point 3. He's on MARS. And it's pretty far away in orbit right now. It's ONE long distance trip. But his makeshift warp drive can only get about... hang on, while I do the math. The Wolfen has a unique ability that works with a teleport spell, to enhance it's range up to 8,000,000 miles per point of legend tossed in. Between the Gem of Power, aka the Legend Battery Bank referenced, which has a cap of 288 legend, and Erik's full power of 144..., that would be roughly 3,456,000,000 miles. At the same time, this could break the battery in question, if used too often, leaving them with a third of that per day. Because it's a giant gemstone. Unfortunately, with the rate of speed the Titan's new form is growing at, and issues with what they've become, in the long run, that isn't exactly feasible as a long term escape plan. Because eventually, it'll be able to teleport too! And Erik might have a decent legend pool cap, considering he's a God. But that thing's effectively like an Elder God ready to stab him to death. It's REALLY not going to go well if he tries to run. So instead, he's done his best to do what his mentor did, and pulled off the impossible. A working teleportation device to another universe. Sized for a starship. And the space colony that's vaguely designed to resemble a Death Egg, that he's been using as a base on Mars. (Which had most of it's population already DIE, due to issues. More specifically, it was set up to have two small, continent sized places within, held up by Tamamo and Erik's combined divine power, that were literally an example of "It's bigger on the inside than the outside". Most of the people that went with, to colonize Mars, lived on Tamamo's side. The rest were mostly scientists and engineers that preferred Erik's side more, or were visiting when things went FUBAR. Without that, they don't have the food production to survive in outer space. And without Tamamo's spells magically MAKING plants that can live for a year without issue, no matter where the plants ARE, the colonization's fucked.)

Point 4. He worked himself into exhausted sleep, which is saying something, because, to quote Kieran on this during the Scion game in question I'm drawing Erik from. "They're a GOD". And the thing that the Titans have now become has started developing skills. Little things like "being able to access the dreams of others", while working to figure out how to teleport straight to Mars and eat him. (It's a matter of a couple dozen different multiple personalities, of what's left of all the Titans, all screaming instructions on what might work. Think of it as a 5 month long ongoing shouting match with people that hate each other, and want everyone else dead so they can be the new power, but they're fused too much together to really get things to work well. Only they finally figured out how to make SOMETHING work, but it's still a matter of time before more issues pop up... like them finally working out how to teleport. An example of it? Surtr's screaming "EAT HIS SOUL FOR BREAKFAST!" constantly, while Gaia is going "Shouldn't we bargain? We can surely leave ONE alone...". Crom Croch is going "Yeeeees, YEEEEES! Rot with me! All things shall ROT WITH ME! Oooh, those memories of that Nurgle chap are interesting... maybe I'll make something like HIM for a new Titan! Once I'm split off from these fools again, anyways...", while Angra Mainyu, the former Titan of Lies, Destruction, and the Dark, is just laughing about how everything within their combined form, is exactly what he wanted all life to go through. So effectively a multiple personality from hell scenario for it. That's still working together enough to start figuring out tricks and spells.)

TL;DR Version for this part of the prologue: Erik made a portal after arguing over if trying something like out of Macross would work better, or if trying to SHOOT the damned thing would work. Portal's done, followed up by him realizing his mechanical army is SENTIENT and ABLE TO TALK, and just didn't talk. Ever. Which makes him feel like a bad father and creator, because he thought they'd trust him enough to talk with him. And as he sleeps, and recovers from building it, the Titan's new eldritch abomination thing that makes Cthulhu look like a kiddy pool horror show is trying to say "hi" amongst other things like "GET BACK HERE SO I CAN EAT YOU!", "Heeeeey! I reeeeeally want that thing you've got there! Give me it and I'll think about NOT eating you!" and other things. Such as "I'm going to EAT YOUR SOUL FOR BREAKFAST!".

Suffice to say the Titans are pissed that Erik sealed Surtr, and from the clusterfuck that ensued, they're now all one eldritch abomination instead of being, you know. THEMSELVES. And they have someone they can blame! That they've figured out how to have a chat with.

I will be posting a character sheet after all is said and done on this massive clusterfuck of a prologue, with some annotations, and what will and won't work for Erik post universe jump. But it's going to be quite a drop in ability for him, compared to where he is, here. You're seeing him at the peak of his power, rather than the crash he's going to have soon. Mostly because of the fact that in Scion, Gods need to have to be in the Otherworld, or Overworld, or a Terra Incognita, to be able to be Gods, instead of limited in demigod avatars they make. What happens to a God if they go to a realm where those otherworlds don't exist? Or Godly domains, for that matter...
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

Blog Entries
    O_O Oh, great... well, I just read the whole thing by now. I'll be honest, this looks like a clusterbomb of trouble, especially if the Titans find a way to other realities.

...why do I get the feeling that this is going to be the case later?

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    O_O Oh, great... well, I just read the whole thing by now. I'll be honest, this looks like a clusterbomb of trouble, especially if the Titans find a way to other realities.

...why do I get the feeling that this is going to be the case later?
    The TITANS, no. The GREATER TITANS, no. Anything else aside from that, however, is spoilers. But yes. Erik's staring at the combination of every greater titan out there, fused with each other in a way that there's no easy going back from, who just finished eating all life on Earth and the Gods. He's also the Norse GOD OF, amongst other things, PARANOIA. Trust me. He has backups for his backups, for his backups. Them following him won't be so much a PROBLEM... with how he's going to act. See. They ATE Wayland smith, Norse (technically...) God of smithing, and best friends of dwarves. That means they can't poke the guy, and ask Wayland to smith up the equivalent to what Erik is doing. And Erik has, amongst other things, 150,000 robots being left behind, with laser rifles right out of Akira or Metal Gear Solid. Who are good with demolition, and ensuring high powered explosives go off. So the route out is secure. So they'll be stuck in Erik's home universe, with no person capable of making something equivalent to what Erik's making. Or any way to build up technology enough to figure things out. Especially with how they've become entropic, and time seems to be reversing inside their little bubble.

Back to Erik, though... Erik's entire backstory, is that he found his cousin dead (turned out to be more half brother, due to who his father was...), and claimed his cousin's equipment, while being effectively raised by one of Fenris's descendants and his mother. His cousin died from a spearmark to the back. One that, when he finally met his father, looked suspiciously like his father's spear would make. So over the course of the game, with no answer to if his father would kill him outright for daring to want to save the Fenris Wolf, he grew more and more paranoid, to the point where, at the climax of the game, he built a literal army, a flying airship, the Wolfen, a half mile spherical base, Wolf Home, which he later strapped rockets to, and LAUNCHED outright towards Mars on, and 150 mecha, all in preperation for if the Norse Gods jumped him after the fact. He even involved Tamamo, who chose to work with abilities involving Time, with his plans. They retrieved an ancient artifact dating back to the now dead Greater Titan of Frost together, that is the same one which the eldritch monstrosity wants right now, and made a sword around it. Mostly because he didn't want something like that being around, where it could, oh, I don't know. Summon a 3 mile chunk of ice meteorite onto the Earth and drop the planet into a new ice age, perhaps? And considering the death of the Titan of Frost ended the last Ice age, and started the flood... you get it. Overkill is right out, there. But considering what the books hint at it being.... Kieran and I talked about it for quite a while, before agreeing on something involving it.

At the end, it was discovered that his father, Uller, was paranoid of Erik, because Erik was the one to unleash the Titans unwittingly, while saving Fenris, due to a time loop being involved. So the entire time, Uller was paranoid of Erik, because he saw Erik as a possible threat that wanted to sic the Fenris Wolf on the Norse Gods, and start the Ragnarok, while Erik saw Uller as a massive threat that might kill him out of hand for simply existing.

Since how a Scion/Demigod acts plays heavily into what they become the God OF... you can see how that went, yourself right there.

Blog Entries
    Yep... I can see how it went very well. =_= Ugh.

Well, I have an idea I wish to run by Kieran, if he's available. Could you ask him to jump onto Skype and add me as a Friend on there?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yep... I can see how it went very well. =_= Ugh.

Well, I have an idea I wish to run by Kieran, if he's available. Could you ask him to jump onto Skype and add me as a Friend on there?
    He lives on the East Coast... but I usually see him at 4:30-5:00 my time. Since it's 12:53, it'll likely be a few hours before he reads this.

It's probably better if you leave the message here, or pm him it, to be honest.

On a side note, how does the music go with my part of the prologues so far? Pretty good? Fair? Okay? Not so good?

Blog Entries
    Funny... we're on the same side of the US. I just hadn't been able to say that sooner. (/)_-)

Maybe I should leave the message somewhere where others can see it... it's not like I can get enough ideas for a story.

As for the music? I didn't give it much thought at first. I normally don't do that to people reading fics I write. Maybe I should go back and read with the music as background.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Funny... we're on the same side of the US. I just hadn't been able to say that sooner. (/)_-)

Maybe I should leave the message somewhere where others can see it... it's not like I can get enough ideas for a story.

As for the music? I didn't give it much thought at first. I normally don't do that to people reading fics I write. Maybe I should go back and read with the music as background.

You may want to give it a shot, if nothing else than to see what sort of music I picked out for this. Some of us that do add in music for the stories we write, take time to make sure the music goes well for the scene. I do, especially, if nothing else than because it gets me in the habit for the game I've been working on.

Blog Entries
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks, but it will have to be at a different time... I have something I realized I need to do.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks, but it will have to be at a different time... I have something I realized I need to do.
    Fair enough.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Back... ugh. I should've been doing other stuff throughout the whole week leading up to this. What to do, what to do, and so on...

For context, I was supposed to be doing a form of homework for a class I go to every Tuesday (give or take), but I missed last week. I missed getting the assignment, thus I had to get someone else to get it for me... then he forgot to get it to me, and I missed getting anything done with it until the class itself. By then, however, it'd have been too late to do anything for it.

...anyway! Things are going to be going better for me in regards to writing soon enough. I can feel it.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait, clarify something for me. The works can only go to another universe based on the three conditions. What exactly is their plan if Saber wants to get a sandwich or they run out of water? Or were Illya's conditions only pertinent for "intervening" instead of gathering supplies/power?

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Those specific situations are somewhat easily fixed, since the "isle" is somewhat anchored to their home universe and homes, specifically.

. . . In any case, it largely applies to their intervening.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've posted all three parts of Godfall here.

Just wanted to let you all know that.

Blog Entries
    Oh, Kieran, I had the most amusing experience happen to me earlier today. A friend of mine, who goes by 117Jorn on FFN, got out of a D&D session today and was told the next one would be set in Barovia. He was not scared one bit (in-character and out-of-character). In fact, he was confused, too.

Another friend of mine, who goes by Takeshi Yamato on the same site, and I were talking with him when he mentioned it. I was the only one who knew about the perils of Barovia... do you know what I'm talking about?

Question, saw the origin story thread, and I have to ask. Is anybody allowed to write snippets with only the information on the first page? Or can they suggest an idea and work it out with the authorities? Is it necessary or maybe just recommended to read through the entire thread, to get a full picture?
    Worlds Destroyed And Created. Lives Erased And Created. All At My Whim. What Exactly Am I? I Am A Writer.
    1. SpaceBattles
    2. Sufficient Velocity

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I feel like you’re doing another version of The Third Faction by TheMaster4444.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, yes, Grail Works is in the public domain so to speak. Anyone is allowed to make a Grail Works story.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
    Question, saw the origin story thread, and I have to ask. Is anybody allowed to write snippets with only the information on the first page? Or can they suggest an idea and work it out with the authorities? Is it necessary or maybe just recommended to read through the entire thread, to get a full picture?
    Personally, I think you'll need to suggest the idea and work it out with Kieran, the main authority of the universe. I'm saying this not as a contrary statement to Draconic, mind you, but as an honest opinion that may be for the best if you understand.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, I'm working on my story stuff now, with the clear intent of getting something out there for you guys. My intention for my character in the Grail Works... might need some clarification on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Also, yes, Grail Works is in the public domain so to speak. Anyone is allowed to make a Grail Works story.
    I see...
    Personally, I think you'll need to suggest the idea and work it out with Kieran, the main authority of the universe. I'm saying this not as a contrary statement to Draconic, mind you, but as an honest opinion that may be for the best if you understand.
    Understood, will read through the thread to get an idea of what ideas would be expected. Will bring it up, with Kieran, once I do that.
    Worlds Destroyed And Created. Lives Erased And Created. All At My Whim. What Exactly Am I? I Am A Writer.
    1. SpaceBattles
    2. Sufficient Velocity