Page 52 of 372 FirstFirst ... 2424750515253545762102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 7426

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    Quick check in Dragonlance Campaign Setting says there are no drow or drow equivalents.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are dark elves, but that's a philosophical/social designation, rather than a racial type. They're outcasts from society (generally for being evil), such as Dalamar the Dark - though Alhana Starbreeze and her husband were also classed as dark elves during their exile.

. . . Yes, I know Dragonlance fairly well - "Dragons of Winter Night" was my first D&D-related novel, back in high school. It was years before I even realised it was a D&D setting - and would you believe one of the main reasons I picked it up was because the book was a pretty shade of blue?
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    There are dark elves, but that's a philosophical/social designation, rather than a racial type. They're outcasts from society (generally for being evil), such as Dalamar the Dark - though Alhana Starbreeze and her husband were also classed as dark elves during their exile.

. . . Yes, I know Dragonlance fairly well - "Dragons of Winter Night" was my first D&D-related novel, back in high school. It was years before I even realised it was a D&D setting - and would you believe one of the main reasons I picked it up was because the book was a pretty shade of blue?
    It is a nice shade of blue, indeed.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *yawns*

Okay, I've not taking my laptop with me to bed again. While it means I get to write down all of my best ideas, and I got a shitload last night, it took for-friggin'-ever to fall asleep.

Updates for my story: Kurai is a lock unless my entire plot changes. He's too good a fit to pass up for certain events. Say a prayer for this guy's unfortunate soul, will ya?

To people who were wondering if there would be more Bosses and Demons: I said I want there to be, and I may have two to add to the list. If I can bring each world up to four Bosses each, that'd be delightful. And anyone who is worried that the bosses I'm extremely tempted to add will not be true to the spirit of Demon's Souls....don't be.

If anything, I'm going to have to work extra hard to explain why the party even survives these encounters!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

This just in: Hymn is going to kill Kurai.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    This just in: Hymn is going to kill Kurai.
    Well, it is Demon's Soul. Dying and coming back is part and parcel....

Who knows, I just might. Thanks for the idea!
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post

He'd make an excellent talking scimitar, if I might say.

Blog Entries
    Hmm....I don't think people would take kindly to Ed using Kurai's soul to make a bitchin' weapon. That I would totally give to Arturia.

It is a morbidly amusing thought.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries

. . . Um, druid? Not big on the undead?

Hmm....I don't think people would take kindly to Ed using Kurai's soul to make a bitchin' weapon.
    His soul eternally stagnant, imprisoned within a metal blade? Kurai certainly wouldn't!

That I would totally give to Arturia.

It is a morbidly amusing thought.
    . . . Damn it, it is.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

you actually aren't undead in demon's sous actually you just are a spirit sorta like a servant like existence. There is a soul but no flesh and the soul can still be harmed in many conventional means. It is only in Dark Souls that you actually are an undead corpse. Well maybe being a spirit is just as bad for a druid I never got into D&D but point is Kurai when he dies and gets resurrected will not be flesh and blood
    Last edited by reborn214; January 20th, 2012 at 07:51 PM.

Top of my head, being a spirit is a-ok. Also Kurai should invest in getting Spell Compendium and Spell Bible.

Blog Entries
    . . . Looks like I need to dig more deeply into this.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    . . . Um, druid? Not big on the undead?
    Fantastic. Seriously, writing a story with reasonable characters who have no hang ups or psychoses to exploit is so boring.

That said, in Demon Souls when you die, your soul is returned to the Nexus. Your soul remains corporal enough to interact and fight, but you have half of your health. There's a few extra variations in how much health you lose, how much extra damage you do in Soul Form, and those can be positive or negative depending on your character tendency. You can be returned to life with a Stone of the Ephemeral Eyes, or by killing a Demon.

I rather doubt Kurai would enjoy the experience though. And frankly, I'm still working out the metaphysics of Demon Souls. The Grail Works members may not have the ability to cheat a final death like the locals can. And this is a Vagrant Story crossover. An incomplete death is just another form of hell there.

So we'll see what happens. These worlds mesh delightfully well.

His soul eternally stagnant, imprisoned within a metal blade? Kurai certainly wouldn't!
    This is not motivating me to drop that line of thought.

Why, we could call it karma for imprisoning that poor, poor dracolich. Can you imagine the torment it must have felt, trapped within Vanir?

. . . Damn it, it is.
    Bonus points for Arturia sleeping with her weapon. Just in case enemies attack.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Fantastic. Seriously, writing a story with reasonable characters who have no hang ups or psychoses to exploit is so boring.
    Yes, which is why my SIs have flaws. And weaknesses.

That said, in Demon Souls when you die, your soul is returned to the Nexus. Your soul remains corporal enough to interact and fight, but you have half of your health. There's a few extra variations in how much health you lose, how much extra damage you do in Soul Form, and those can be positive or negative depending on your character tendency. You can be returned to life with a Stone of the Ephemeral Eyes, or by killing a Demon.

I rather doubt Kurai would enjoy the experience though. And frankly, I'm still working out the metaphysics of Demon Souls. The Grail Works members may not have the ability to cheat a final death like the locals can. And this is a Vagrant Story crossover. An incomplete death is just another form of hell there.

So we'll see what happens. These worlds mesh delightfully well.
    Scary . . .

This is not motivating me to drop that line of thought.
    Crap.

Why, we could call it karma for imprisoning that poor, poor dracolich. Can you imagine the torment it must have felt, trapped within Vanir?
    To be fair, it did try to kill him first. And are we talking before or after it was obliterated by the elemental darkness?

Bonus points for Arturia sleeping with her weapon. Just in case enemies attack.
    . . . I am simultaneously whimpering and intrigued - curses.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Has anyone every played Ar Tonelico series? I finally decided that the Grail Works Fic I'm planning would involve my OC and a few of the Grail crew. I'm alsos etting it after a month or two after my char actually joined Grail Works.

So, has anyone played Ar Tonelico 3? It's the only game I have yet to actually play so some people who know their stuff about it would be much appreciated.
    Loathing this unclean world
    Seeking rebirth in the Pure Land
    Please offer cherry blossoms to my deceased body
    If someone is willing to mourn my death

When you get Spell Bible make sure you search for Shivering Touch and Numbing Sphere.

No, I absolutely am not giving you a way to absolutely screw over Sin. That would just be cheating. I mean, its not like Sin would have hideous Dexterity and reflex saves, its not like there are ways around spell resistance......

Oh dear, Shivering Touch. Why yes, Sin has Dex 10.

Problem, Yevon? *trollface*

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Megaolix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyric Rome View Post
    Has anyone every played Ar Tonelico series? I finally decided that the Grail Works Fic I'm planning would involve my OC and a few of the Grail crew. I'm alsos etting it after a month or two after my char actually joined Grail Works.

So, has anyone played Ar Tonelico 3? It's the only game I have yet to actually play so some people who know their stuff about it would be much appreciated.
    I played 1 and 2, but had no PS3 before. But thanks for making me remember about it and that I can play it now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyric Rome View Post
    Has anyone every played Ar Tonelico series?
    I haven't, sorry - but I wish you luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnite Azurnum View Post
    When you get Spell Bible make sure you search for Shivering Touch and Numbing Sphere.

No, I absolutely am not giving you a way to absolutely screw over Sin. That would just be cheating. I mean, its not like Sin would have hideous Dexterity and reflex saves, its not like there are ways around spell resistance......
    I haven't gotten around to making Sin yet, but I see its main attributes as size-related - high natural armour and buckets of hit points. The trick is penetrating deep enough to damage anything vital.

. . . Maybe even use the Vitality Point/Wound Point rule - it can just soak the punishment, but vitality points don't really matter. It only hurts when the Wound Points are lost.

And while I have you here - an idea I had for a more lighthearted future mission of Kurai's . . .

"You sent him where?" Rin demanded. What on earth could be so terribly wrong that they'd have to go there?

"Well, it wasn't like I could send anyone else," Ilya said defensively. "Any humans would've been killed on sight - that's why we're needed in the first place. Garm and Ren don't talk, Arcueid doesn't know enough about school life to pass, Akiha doesn't have the temperament for the job, and even if Rider would go without Sakura, she's got a sort-of kid there! Talk about awkward . . ."

"And the fact that it's filled with attractive - well, sort of - teenaged girls didn't influence your decision?" the magus asked dryly.

"Shiki would've killed them all, and you know it."

"And Shirou?"

Ilya shrugged. "Given how easily he attracts supernatural girls, did you want to risk it? Even with him there, there's no guarantee that Shirou wouldn't come back with somebody else."

Rin smirked. "Care to bet on that? I wouldn't be so sure, after his last mission."

Ilya frowned. She did get bored . . .

"What did you have in mind?"

"I figure he's bound to attract a girl," Rin responded. "The question is which one . . . "

"Attracting is one thing, but reciprocating is another," Ilya shook her head. "With the other guy there, and his own standards?"

"Maybe," Rin admitted. "But I still say at least one will end up trying to catch his eye, since, after all, according to some standards - he does belong with them."

"Good afternoon, class," he said calmly, putting names and faces with the seat roster. "For those of you that haven't met me yet, my name is Kurai Moon, and I'll be subbing for your English teacher for the foreseeable future."

And I'll keep making him sick until this is over - although what "over" will mean, I'm not quite sure yet . . .

"Now, according to my notes, we have a new student. Aono Tsukune-san, would you please stand up?"

He didn't know what the kid was doing here, when he ought to be at an entirely different school is another country. He didn't know how Aono had gotten here, or who might try following him - but Zelretch had apparently foreseen a need for help - so here the Works was.

Kurai sighed. Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like this mission?

The only response he got to his question was a sudden roll of thunder - which was answer enough, really.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Tsukune Rosario+Vampire, actually Akiha would be kinda interesting in Youkai academy, but Kurai works too